Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

RF5 is good. But four is an absolute goat. Every character has got about as much dialogue as the totality of Stardew valley the whole game is just bursting at the seems with personality

That sounds like too much dialogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

That sounds like too much dialogue

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Superior garbage can katanas, folded over 1000 times and can cut clean through old banana peels and newspapers without any effort

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
these are like cavalry sabers lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it's in the sense that if you choose to talk to NPCs, they'll have something unique to say for a lot of ingame days, not that individual conversations are long.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Today in FF14 I met a talking turtle man. He saved me.

:)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
i like the characters more in 3 than 4 but 3 is pretty rough to actually play

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Shinjobi posted:

Today in FF14 I met a talking turtle man. He saved me.

:)

a ninja turtle?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

verbal enema posted:

where ? i looked in the menus in game when it let me and i didnt see it on the main menu

I;ve no idea but it is possible

A lot of people have grandiose dreams about what they'd do if they had Bezos bucks in regards to the development of video games, those people are all fools. If I had that dosh I'd make the objectively correct choice, dropping stacks on Kairosoft so their PC ports were actually good. How a company can make such good games and such awful ports is beyond me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

a ninja turtle?

He claims to just be seeking business deals, but I feel there may be more to this mysterious shelled stranger.

Psychorider
May 15, 2009

verbal enema posted:

where ? i looked in the menus in game when it let me and i didnt see it on the main menu

If it's like RF4, click Play on the game page in your steam library and it gives you the option to open the configuration tool, you can change the language there.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Psychorider posted:

If it's like RF4, click Play on the game page in your steam library and it gives you the option to open the configuration tool, you can change the language there.

oh goddamnit lol i didnt even know that was a thing

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Slime rancher 2 just came out to EA. It's pretty darn beefy for the low expectations the term 'early access' gives. Also, it's still zen in relaxation gaming. Though the color palette hurts after a bit. Lotta color.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Redezga posted:

I once went to a forklift licence driving course and the guy that was teaching the class over the few days made an announcement during the final exam that he would be selling replica katanas in the back corner of the training warehouse for Australian $30 a pop. The Brazilian guy I made friends with in the course who was super into anime bought three because he knew he was never going to get that good a deal ever again.

how does he hold the third one

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
little something called the 'australian grip'

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the best part of santoryu is that it's never explained how zoro even uses the mouth sword

i think it's literally just RPG logic and he's using it as a stat stick

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

1 for him, 2 for the forklift he's now licensed to operate.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Vermain posted:

the best part of santoryu is that it's never explained how zoro even uses the mouth sword

i think it's literally just RPG logic and he's using it as a stat stick

he swings it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

He uses his heart

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The third sword is there because then the other guy is like "ok he's either a loving idiot or about to pull some absolutely terrifying grandmaster technique on me so I'll just politely bow and move on"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Feldegast42 posted:

Didn't that movie almost kill Bob Hoskins

Not sure. I do know he was so overworked during Who Framed Roger Rabbit that he started to hallucinate. Super Mario Bros. he was just embarrassed by to the point that he gave one of my favorite interview sections ever:

quote:

What is the worst job you've done?
Super Mario Brothers.

What has been your biggest disappointment?
Super Mario Brothers.

If you could edit your past, what would you change?
I wouldn't do Super Mario Brothers.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

rest in power bob hoskins

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I usually watch streamers while I do low effort tasks like cooking, building gunpla, or sitting in bed

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
How good is Stellaris on console? Never played it before, but I'm about to find out

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

There's some drama with Fortnite. The new battlepass features this skin, Meow Skulls

People were pretty excited for it, especially since the rest of the stuff on the battlepass isn't that impressive. But once you unlock it, only then is it revealed that that character is canonically a girl. A lot of people are very unhappy.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

fridge corn posted:

How good is Stellaris on console? Never played it before, but I'm about to find out

Curious to hear about it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1573251100412706817

back when steam was good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Back when the whole client was like baby poo poo green.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Yeah before they introduced my to dota. Bastards

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

DotA All Stars was just being released in 2004, what a great year for gaming

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JollyBoyJohn posted:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

DotA All Stars was just being released in 2004, what a great year for gaming

We care about you, together we can overcome this

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Gripweed posted:

There's some drama with Fortnite. The new battlepass features this skin, Meow Skulls

People were pretty excited for it, especially since the rest of the stuff on the battlepass isn't that impressive. But once you unlock it, only then is it revealed that that character is canonically a girl. A lot of people are very unhappy.

I’m pretty sure you can click on the skin in the battle pass without buying it and read the description. That doesn’t solve the underlying problem of vocal morons. They should have made the gamer bear use feminine pronouns, that’d really rustle some jimmies

I started playing Fortnite a few weeks ago as something I could play without audio while sitting next to my sleeping newborn, and the zero build mode plus three-years of gameplay features have made it pretty fun. I got my first solo victory royale last night in a real heart-pounding finish. It’s a junk food game but I don’t care, I’ll eat that garbage.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

AceOfFlames posted:

Not sure. I do know he was so overworked during Who Framed Roger Rabbit that he started to hallucinate. Super Mario Bros. he was just embarrassed by to the point that he gave one of my favorite interview sections ever:

if i recall he was also drunk as hell when filming that movie. Dont blame him whatsoever. That movie was a… trip. (even if i love it cuz how weird it was)

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Rarity posted:

We care about you, together we can overcome this

6000 hours deep there is no hope left

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

JollyBoyJohn posted:

pray for this poor soul

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Doctor, the time of death is

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The funny part is I got back into WoW last weekend and my most played guy only had like 200 hours on it lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/MatthewKeysLive/status/1573298480520404992?s=20&t=ZfBA7IJ8S-YkEwXIpd8xHA