Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Scholtz posted:

What's your point?
Chris Pratt is a well established voice actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

No, he's a Hollywood actor who got a role as a voice for an animated movie so that they could throw his name on a poster. There's nothing remarkable about his voice acting, it's just him recording lines. He wasn't selected because he's the best fit for the role. His inclusion isn't to make the most well made movie, it's to make the most profitable movie.

Also, well established? He's had a total of three voice acting roles in movies; The Lego Movie 1, its sequel, and the Pixar movie Onward. This is after he was in over a dozen movies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

American McGay posted:

Chris Pratt is a well established voice actor.

No, he has been in fewer voice roles than Larry King. He is the definition of celebrity actor getting cast. Voice actors don't necessarily have the same set of skills as 'standard' actors and it often shows because a lot of standard actors in roles sound like poo poo, which is why Chris Pratt is easily the worst actor in The Lego Movies. There are occasional actors who can do both but that is because they spend a lot of time getting experience and actually working as a voice actor. (Mark Hamill, for example, is probably a better voice actor than an actor.)

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

There's a reason why movies have posters like this:

And their trailers have screens like this:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
For parents I assume

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Chris Pratt sucks.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

teagone posted:

Chris Pratt sucks.

He doomed half the population of the universe to die

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Charles Martinet can do other voices. He voiced Paarthunax for example. He could do a non annoying Mario if he wanted.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Charles Martinet is suppose to have a role in the movie.

Probably just end up being Baby Mario.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Has anybody here played KoToR on Switch? Preferably from those for whom it was their first play through: does the game hold up? I’m not expecting it to have aged perfectly but is it still an engrossing sci-fi rpg or has it been too outclassed by the times?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Has anybody here played KoToR on Switch? Preferably from those for whom it was their first play through: does the game hold up? I’m not expecting it to have aged perfectly but is it still an engrossing sci-fi rpg or has it been too outclassed by the times?

i haven't played it on the switch but i tried playing it for the first time like 5 years ago and it definitely felt like baby's first rpg from bioware, not that the rest of their games are masterpieces either. it very much suffers from the "you must be either totally good or totally evil" thing they're notorious for

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 23, 2022

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It also suffers from "Play as a soldier, smuggler, or jedi. Jk Jedi are the only ones that do decent damage."

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Get used to dice rolls saying you missed a lot.

I played them on the og Xbox. I feel that the biggest improvement that matters is reduced load times, now that everything uses solid state memory.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Silver Falcon posted:

Although personally the only lady in that game I'd care to marry isn't marriageable anyway (Illuminata?), which is a goddamn travesty.

That's my problem with RF5. I'm not interested in any of the marriagable characters. Most of them look like they're 12. It's particularly bad even for that series.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Scholtz posted:

It also suffers from "Play as a soldier, smuggler, or jedi. Jk Jedi are the only ones that do decent damage."

The first Kotor has you start as one of the non-jedi classes, Jedi aren't available at first. It's a real pain. You have to switch to one of the superior Jedi ones as part of the story.

Edit: Oops, these probably should have been just one post.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
How's Shovel Knight Dig? I was reluctant because it's by a mobile game dev but I'm seeing that it's getting positive reviews?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Argue posted:

How's Shovel Knight Dig? I was reluctant because it's by a mobile game dev but I'm seeing that it's getting positive reviews?

Wait, that’s out already?

Edit: Huh we really did go straight from little to no information since the reveal to sudden release, ok then

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 23, 2022

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

The first Kotor has you start as one of the non-jedi classes, Jedi aren't available at first. It's a real pain. You have to switch to one of the superior Jedi ones as part of the story.

Edit: Oops, these probably should have been just one post.

Oh yeah I just mean my first time through the game I was like "I'm gonna be a cool blaster soldier man! And then got railroaded into being a jedi, and when I tried to resist I got met with ABYSMAL damage.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Kart Barfunkel posted:

The second one's a much better rpg imho, even if it's an "incomplete" game with a lot of missing content. The restored content mod is supposedly coming to the Switch version as free DLC sometime this year

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I used to work with a lot of animators and the voice actor defender people were the biggest weirdos ever and had basically zero understanding of how films got made.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Argue posted:

Doesn't seem to be live on the eshop yet, which is a shame because I'm pawing at my switch like a cat trying to be let in

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Argue posted:

i downloaded it on apple arcade and beat it on my fourth attempt.

not because i'm good at games or anything but it handed me an upgrade that just shaves off a point of max HP if you take fatal damage, so all i had to do was keep buying HP increases and smash my face against everything in front of me to win. the ending showed cameos of a whole bunch of characters who i hadn't even seen yet, so uhhhh i don't think this was intended. whoops

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Why do the Rabbids have normal voices and just talk like regular characters.

I'm *used* to them being minions hearing rabbid luigi go 'ah yeah I needed that mushroom' is freaking me out

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I used to work with a lot of animators and the voice actor defender people were the biggest weirdos ever and had basically zero understanding of how films got made.

You leave Frank Welker and his golden toilet alone, my good sir!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Charles Martinet can do other voices. He voiced Paarthunax for example. He could do a non annoying Mario if he wanted.

He also voiced one of the villains in the dub of the latest Dragon Ball movie and did a good job there, if I didn't know beforehand I never would have guessed it was him.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

You can't be a really good voice actor if you can only do one kind of role/voice.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

And Waluigi was born

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zuzie posted:

You can't be a really good voice actor if you can only do one kind of role/voice.

No one tell H. Jon Benjamin

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Or Patrick Warburton or Richard Horvitz

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
So we've got "you're only a good voice actor if you've had a lot of voice acting roles" and "you're only a good voice actor if you can do at least [undefined] different voices," does anyone else have any Takes about voice acting?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Bleck posted:

So we've got "you're only a good voice actor if you've had a lot of voice acting roles" and "you're only a good voice actor if you can do at least [undefined] different voices," does anyone else have any Takes about voice acting?

There should be fewer american voice actors and more welsh ones.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jackhunter64 posted:

:hai:

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Bleck posted:

yeah, I do: most games don't need full voice acting, and fewer need voice acting localized into a different language than the creators'

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Are we shifting into Dubs vs Subs now?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

jackhunter64 posted:

Let me tell you about a little game called Dragons Quest 11

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Zuzie posted:

Keith David disagrees on the latter

Also, does anyone know when Shovel Knight Dig will be available on consoles? The EShop just says it’ll be out sometime today but I’m not sure when those typically update

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Twitter has informed me that there are gay rabbids in the new game and I continue to be bewildered.

https://twitter.com/elliotduby/status/1573061591607775232

Taken from this thread

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Bleck posted:

yeah it's weird and creepy and strange and unsettling and frankly, just not right, to care about voice actors

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/09/nvidia-employee-comment-confirms-chip-rumoured-to-be-used-in-switch-pro-is-real

lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why switch pro and not switch 2? why are people so attached to the "pro" moniker?