Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Thor: God of Punch is so dumb it has become good through the absurdity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

goatface posted:

If there was a Loki around, he would interpret this as Thor being god of mixed alcoholic drinks and demand a cocktail

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Flesh Forge posted:

I like that a lot, it's a little bittersweet how most of the retellings of Thor involve taking his hammer away from him somehow or other but that's kind of the problem with the basic Thor story anyway

There should be a Thor story where he get's Thunderstrike and Beta Ray Bill's hammers too. He has to be worthy of and wield all the hammers at the same time

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thor, God of Jugglers

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Like Zoro from One Piece but with hammers

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gripweed posted:

There should be a Thor story where he get's Thunderstrike and Beta Ray Bill's hammers too. He has to be worthy of and wield all the hammers at the same time

Also a third arm

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Uru Fist Thor is pretty rad, not going to lie.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
during the current marvel even a celestial is judging humanity, big drama for every hero

and then my favorite are the two little panels for Thor and Spidey where the celestial goes "of course they pass, duh!"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

during the current marvel even a celestial is judging humanity, big drama for every hero

and then my favorite are the two little panels for Thor and Spidey where the celestial goes "of course they pass, duh!"

In a better telling of that story, Jameson is there, sees Spidey get the thumbs up from the king of all judges, and Spider-man just looks and gestures back and forth.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

goatface posted:

It's legitimately funny and enjoyable as a one-off semi-ironic thing, but like every good ironic joke it will absolutely get commodified into a legitimately terrible unironic version. Looking forward to unironically seeing MMA champs in 10 years with "Thor: God of Punching" tattoo'd on their chest.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

For context, if I understand it right, the celestial is a weird home-made one ("We need a celestial for reasons, let's have Tony Stark and Mr Sinister make it, what could go wrong?") who is judging people by how they live up to their own ideals and sincerity in pursuing that. Which, you know, is those two in a nutshell.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gripweed posted:

He had two Mjolnir's in the Gor story

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bruceski posted:

For context, if I understand it right, the celestial is a weird home-made one ("We need a celestial for reasons, let's have Tony Stark and Mr Sinister make it, what could go wrong?") who is judging people by how they live up to their own ideals and sincerity in pursuing that. Which, you know, is those two in a nutshell.

Not how much they believe they're living up to it right because, hoo boy, ol Parker would get 12 thumbs down.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Endless Mike posted:

Also a third arm

He already has that

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

Not how much they believe they're living up to it right because, hoo boy, ol Parker would get 12 thumbs down.

Miles Morales, not Peter.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bruceski posted:

Miles Morales, not Peter.

Did he offer them another pocket burger?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Gripweed posted:

Omnislash, but with a dozen hammers.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Everybody keeps saying that Thor isn't the god of hammers. I want him to meet the actual god of hammers and get wrecked.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Grendels Dad posted:

Everybody keeps saying that Thor isn't the god of hammers. I want him to meet the actual god of hammers and get wrecked*.

* at carpenting

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
...So Jesus is the god of hammers? I thought he was the god of nails.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

PicklePants posted:

...So Jesus is the god of hammers? I thought he was the god of nails.

The god of lines aligned at right angles, surely.

To me, my +-Men!

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Bruceski posted:

Any notable people fail?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Grendels Dad posted:

The god of lines aligned at right angles, surely.

To me, my +-Men!

The Cross Men is what they should call a Hulk teamup.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Lot 49 posted:

Any notable people fail?

Oodles. Captain America is probably the highest profile failure

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Grendels Dad posted:

Everybody keeps saying that Thor isn't the god of hammers. I want him to meet the actual god of hammers and get wrecked.

That's literally Sigmar. And Marvel has the Warhammer license...

Sigmar's Lords-Celestant have capes made of hammers that hit people who get too close

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Omnislash, but with a dozen hammers.

Omnismash.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Marvel has the Warhammer licence?!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Samovar posted:

Marvel has the Warhammer licence?!

Yeah. They've put out two decent miniseries and that's it. No word on anything else in months.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Gripweed posted:

Yeah. They've put out two decent miniseries and that's it. No word on anything else in months.

Does it also include 40k, though?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Samovar posted:

They've done a Marneus Calgar one and a Sisters of Battle one

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Samovar posted:

they've only done 40k

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

Marvel version of John Henry?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Lot 49 posted:

Any notable people fail?

There's been lots of examples for both passing and failing, with various criteria for each. It swings between trivial and touching and kinda reinforces the arbitrariness of it.
Cap fails because he tries to inspire America and the world and things haven't gotten any better on that front.
Poses as a member of the press and asks Mayor Luke Cage ("This is his first extinction event.") how he judges himself, he ducks the question and fails.
Thor is by definition worthy because that's what the hammer he's swinging says.
Appears to Kamala Khan as Carol Danvers offering to take her and her family safely into space to be true elite superheroes. Kamala kicks his rear end and passes.

And so on. When I first heard about the idea I thought it was stupid but I kinda like what I've seen.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Y'all forgot it talking to Doom who just told it he doesn't recognize its authority and it fucks off

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Oodles. Captain America is probably the highest profile failure

Motherfucker doesn't even know what Myspace is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Push El Burrito posted:

Motherfucker doesn't even know what Myspace is.

So he's got more in common with Gen Z than we do.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

Y'all forgot it talking to Doom who just told it he doesn't recognize its authority and it fucks off

Ughhhhh, it's arbitrary but I don't like that. I don't mind Doom having willpower, like the classic What If where he takes over the world using Purple Man and just stands in front of him unshielded and remains uncontrolled, that's fine to me but when other cosmic beings indulge it, gets a little bit wanky and indulgent imo.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Endless Mike posted:

From the pictures I saw the Celestial told Doom it would pass him if he just said "Reed Richards is smarter than me."

Doom just laughed and left. And the Celestial passed him anyway.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

From the pictures I saw the Celestial told Doom it would pass him if he just said "Reed Richards is smarter than me."

Doom just laughed and left. And the Celestial passed him anyway.

That's what it was. Maybe it was someone else who said they didn't recognize its authority. Never mind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It was scott(cyclops) and he said "only my wife can judge me"
Basically threatened to sic Jean on them if they didnt gently caress off