Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

pokeyman posted:

Thank you for making the solemn objective determination of the appropriate size of one's breasts.

Laws of physics be damned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Another Bill posted:

I mean, I remember my grade 7 science teacher keeping some of the boys after class one day to give us a talk about the evils of homosexuality, including a very descriptive explanation of what fisting is. It was hosed up.

Ironically I was taught about gay sex way more graphically than straight sex between this and abstinence education.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Well you gotta be sure that if you do have the sex, you're not having the wrong kind of sex by accident

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

DrBox posted:

Laws of physics be damned!

Jack could have survived if Rose had massive mommy milkers :haibrow:

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

In before people begin getting probed for posting humongous breasts to win internet arguments about the limits of human mammary physics

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

For real though I think she should be permitted to wear them. If it is important for her mental well-being than I think we should all just grow up and get over it.

If it is some kind of right wing ploy for outrage then eventually she will grow tired of hauling them around.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The thing that bugged me the most in the pictures the media had was how she was dicknosing the surgical mask :mad:

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Noblesse Obliged posted:

For real though I think she should be permitted to wear them. If it is important for her mental well-being than I think we should all just grow up and get over it.

If it is some kind of right wing ploy for outrage then eventually she will grow tired of hauling them around.

The part that made me nervous was the giant prosthetic boobs in the way, hair not tied back, and no safety glasses while operating a table saw. Bad example for the kids there. Safen up!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Having the nipples of your giant prosthetic breasts poking out of your shirt seems pretty unprofessional to me, but maybe I'm a prude.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
At the end of the day it's a individual HR issue, we don't and shouldn't know the context behind the teacher's identify or choices. Maybe as a parent I might have a reasonable explanation of talking with the principal / board about it, but the Sun and NatPo sure as hell don't have any right to all the details about this particular teacher.

Like completely devoid of context it feels inappropriate, but I (along with anyone in the media) know absolutely nothing about this person.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Frankly they aren't big enough

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is there any columnist as disingenuous as Tristan Hopper? I always get this “check this out, doesn’t it make you MAD?? I’m not mad tho” vibes from him

Maybe JJ McCullough comes close. He’s more of a “just asking questions if trudeau is secretly the leader of a WEF vampire cabal! I’m a centrist!” guy.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

priznat posted:

“just asking questions if trudeau is secretly the leader of a WEF vampire cabal! I’m a centrist!” guy.

These are the same thing

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Tsyni posted:

Having the nipples of your giant prosthetic breasts poking out of your shirt seems pretty unprofessional to me, but maybe I'm a prude.

Very, very disrespectful.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

evilpicard posted:

Ironically I was taught about gay sex way more graphically than straight sex between this and abstinence education.

Is there somewhere in Canada teaching abstinence? I don’t know how much of that is determined at the provincial or school district level. My public schooling in BC allowed you to opt out (and some classmates from religious families did) but it was dry factual stuff, they brought it outside educators or school counsellors for it.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

kaom posted:

Is there somewhere in Canada teaching abstinence? I don’t know how much of that is determined at the provincial or school district level. My public schooling in BC allowed you to opt out (and some classmates from religious families did) but it was dry factual stuff, they brought it outside educators or school counsellors for it.

Catholic school boards.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Catholic school boards.
Yup, I had tons of abstinence-only sex ed in Catholic junior high in the 90s in Alberta.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
'Horrifying' number of syphilis infections in Alberta reaching pre-antibiotic levels

The Ceeb posted:

'The highest rates we've seen since the 1940s,'

Huh. Wonder if there's any relation

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
We definitely weren't abstinence only in high school in Ontario in the 90s, but they did shove in a very awkward and quickly moved on from thing about how Natural Family Planning (i.e. the rhythm method) can be effective when we were talking about birth control.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The only time that came close was one day when my Grade 10 teacher for the Life Prep class (don't remember the name but it was about poo poo like writing resumes, career choosing, writing cheques etc) did a presentation on stuff you could do instead of sex. All the normal lame stuff like making cookies together or taking a cold shower whenever you're turned on. It probably would've been bad in most situations but the teacher was like 24 and she could barely stop herself from laughing as she went through it so at least we were all on the same page.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

enki42 posted:

We definitely weren't abstinence only in high school in Ontario in the 90s, but they did shove in a very awkward and quickly moved on from thing about how Natural Family Planning (i.e. the rhythm method) can be effective when we were talking about birth control.

Do people using the rhythm method not pull out, cuz I'm reading some things and none of them seem to say "oh and don't blow inside if you're trying not to get pregnant" Because that seems like an obvious oversight

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Catholic school boards.
I went to a Catholic grade school in Toronto in the early 90s and we were taught abstinence and birth control starting in grade 6. We were taught about condoms and the pill and then told that the Church approved method was abstinence or the "rhythm method". I remember they sent letters home to the parents telling them they the school would be teaching this stuff and they could take their kid of of class if they wanted. Only one kid excused themselves from the sex-ed classes.

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Do people using the rhythm method not pull out, cuz I'm reading some things and none of them seem to say "oh and don't blow inside if you're trying not to get pregnant" Because that seems like an obvious oversight
If you're using the rhythm method for religious reasons then pulling out defeats the purpose since you're still "spilling your seed".

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Catholic school boards.

Don't they just do normal sex ed in catholic schools now? At least in Ontario. I seem to remember catholic parents losing their poo poo about that a decade or so ago.

When I went to non-catholic ontario school my gym teacher was definitely pushing abstinence. I remember during the famous STD shock session where they clockwork orange you into viewing all kinds of hosed up dicks and balls on the slide projector, he made a point to remind us that birth control was not going to save us from this fate. The message was very much "there's no such thing as safe sex".

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Maybe if they stopped talking about sex so much, students would stop wanting to have it.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

kaom posted:

Is there somewhere in Canada teaching abstinence?

Albino Squirrel posted:

Yup, I had tons of abstinence-only sex ed in Catholic junior high in the 90s in Alberta.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I honestly can't remember exactly what we got in Calgary public school. I do remember one of the videos said "masturbation is normal if you do it, and normal if you don't" which I still find hilarious, because although it's not wrong or bad if you choose not to do it, it's pretty abnormal.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
https://twitter.com/JamesDBowie/status/1573361010974638083

Will they leave this time? Remains to be seen.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
We had a girl in our 9th grade Comms class who asked if sperm could get you pregnant if it landed on the outside. The teacher poorly explained that it's okay as long as you don't let any get back in.

This is really only noteworthy because she had a boyfriend from another school who was 17 at the time. Honestly I remember more from the Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure looking puppet we had in the 2nd grade who taught us about our no no zones

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

TUPOC's death is a hoax

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Back in the mid 2000's I went to catholic high school. They didn't do absence per say but actually tried to get us to believe that the rythm method was the way to go.

They definitely bashed condoms and other methods of safe sex. Iwas confused when they tried to scare us by saying that condoms only had a 99% success rate. I couldn't help thinking that this was a fantastic success rate so why are they trying to frame this as a negative?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
There's nothing wrong with the rhythm method, it's how I was conceived and how we conceived our first!!

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

DaysBefore posted:

The only time that came close was one day when my Grade 10 teacher for the Life Prep class (don't remember the name but it was about poo poo like writing resumes, career choosing, writing cheques etc) did a presentation on stuff you could do instead of sex. All the normal lame stuff like making cookies together or taking a cold shower whenever you're turned on. It probably would've been bad in most situations but the teacher was like 24 and she could barely stop herself from laughing as she went through it so at least we were all on the same page.

The dozens and dozens of homemade cookies she and the vice principal always had on their desks was probably also awkward.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Do those abstinence only folks ever just tell people to jerk off instead? That sounds more effective than cookie baking or cold showers.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Trapick posted:

Do those abstinence only folks ever just tell people to jerk off instead? That sounds more effective than cookie baking or cold showers.

I think Jesus gets sad when you jerk off or something.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Trapick posted:

No they think it's a gateway drug to loving

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I’m kind of shocked at how variable this is tbh. I would’ve thought there’d be some PLOs set by the province and then it’s up to the school to implement them, but this is all over the map.

Starks posted:

the famous STD shock session where they clockwork orange you into viewing all kinds of hosed up dicks and balls on the slide projector

This is nuts. I did not have this.

PT6A posted:

I honestly can't remember exactly what we got in Calgary public school. I do remember one of the videos said "masturbation is normal if you do it, and normal if you don't" which I still find hilarious, because although it's not wrong or bad if you choose not to do it, it's pretty abnormal.

I think this is a good thing. “Late bloomer” exists for a reason, sex ed is usually taught pretty young (note: this is good), everyone is under a lot of pressure to fit in, and some people never end up with a strong sex drive. I hope today it’s going even more in this inclusive direction, especially with respect to LGBTQ+ experiences.

At least in my case in BC we had the “actually talking about the act of sex” sex ed in grades… 7, 10? I think I was like 12 for the first one. That’s a good age to be hearing there’s a wide range of experiences that are considered normal.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

kaom posted:

I’m kind of shocked at how variable this is tbh. I would’ve thought there’d be some PLOs set by the province and then it’s up to the school to implement them, but this is all over the map.

Trying to update and standardize the sex ed curriculum in Ontario was a big, big wedge issue that contributed greatly to Wynne's loss to Ford.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Taking a cold shower to get unhorny is overkill.

Just jam an icecube or two up your rear end and punch yourself in the dick. If this results in increasing horny, stop immediately.

Making cookies together should actually work to decrease horny, because agh, get out of my kitchen and stop messing with my recipe and moving stuff around. You are making this harder. This is a one person job! Too many cooks in the kitchen! Shoo!

Then if you get mad enough at them you can spitefully deny them freshly baked cookies and then nobody is gettin' it on. Unless they are into being denied stuff and being ordered around and it increases their horny. Then feed them the cookies. Unless feeding them makes you horny.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Monaghan posted:

Back in the mid 2000's I went to catholic high school. They didn't do absence per say but actually tried to get us to believe that the rythm method was the way to go.

They definitely bashed condoms and other methods of safe sex. Iwas confused when they tried to scare us by saying that condoms only had a 99% success rate. I couldn't help thinking that this was a fantastic success rate so why are they trying to frame this as a negative?
Yeah, I remember an assembly where they said you had a 1/6 chance of an unwanted pregnancy per year if you used condoms, and they had us roll dice and for my putative 6 "active sexual years" between 18-24 I rolled 4 kids.

They're not wrong about typical condom use only having a ~83% success rate, but they completely ignored all other, more effective methods of contraception.

Of course, being a giant nerd, abstinence-only sex ed was... redundant at best for me until university.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Can we keep Alberta and just get rid of all the Albertans?

Edit: wrong thread but I'm leaving this be.