Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

I hope they go easy on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God imagine being one of the biggest game publishers in the world and getting your poo poo wrecked by a 17 year old lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MMF Freeway posted:

They won't

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sony went kinda easy on George Hotz but I dont think this guy has that kind of luck

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If it was just Rockstar or just Uber, maybe, but both of them?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MMF Freeway posted:

I hope the kid escapes

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
shovel knight dig is coming out today, goty 2022

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Adam Bowen posted:

also Prodeus 1.0

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

The 7th Guest posted:

also Prodeus 1.0

what a day :drat:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Adam Bowen posted:

Speaking of, what time do the various console eshops typically update?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nintendo updates at Noon eastern not sure about the others

hatty fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 23, 2022

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

The 7th Guest posted:

also Prodeus 1.0

hell yeah HELL YEAH

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

hatty posted:

Sony went kinda easy on George Hotz but I dont think this guy has that kind of luck

Hotz didn't do any network intrusions, he purely tinkered with devices he bought and owned. They shouldn't have gone after him at all.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Free him

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Valve and the FBI almost got the Half-Life 2 hacker to get on a plane and get arrested in the US, but the German police intercepted and went for a lesser charge if he went "white hat" for them

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Gripweed posted:

There's some drama with Fortnite. The new battlepass features this skin, Meow Skulls

People were pretty excited for it, especially since the rest of the stuff on the battlepass isn't that impressive. But once you unlock it, only then is it revealed that that character is canonically a girl. A lot of people are very unhappy.

wait im confused why does this matter at all and who does it affect?
is it because people wanted to gently caress the skin and are upset that they were accidentally straight

e:
wait fortnite is played by 12 year olds not Gamers, is it because they're afraid they'll catch cooties through their computer screen if they play a girl character

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 23, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

First Bridget and now this

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hatty posted:

Nintendo updates at Noon eastern not sure about the others

Yeah, Dig is out now. Seems ok so far though from what I hear the game is somewhat incomplete at the moment and the missing content will be added as DLC later this year

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The gender of your video game character is your gender irl. Sorry but I don't make the rules

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The doofus friend of my little cousin said that if you choose to play as your opposite gender in a game you’re a repressed trans person. Wonder if that’s going around in the middle schools of the world

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Alright thread, it was 40 degrees this morning which means Fall Gaming Vibes are available for me to claim. Help me figure out what I should try to do next:

1) just keep playing Splatoon forever
2) start in on skyward sword
3) finish breath of the wild
4) Control (maybe more of a Halloween week's game?)
5) Mass Effect Legendary Edition (I feel like this could also be a wintertime space odyssey. I've never played them before).

Wildcard: phoenotopia awakening, which has been sitting on my switch forever, and seems to have a lot of fall style potential.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
The most autumnal game is Night in the Woods

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

But I don't own that! :(

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Finish Breath of the Wild first personally!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Pretty much any Resident Evil is good autumn gaming.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Finish Breath of the Wild first personally!

Probably a great option, I don't even think I've spent much time in the autumn zone...

I do think I'll do a Control Halloween Week though.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

External Organs posted:

Probably a great option, I don't even think I've spent much time in the autumn zone...

I do think I'll do a Control Halloween Week though.

Control Halloween Week would be cool.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Weird that October has one spooky day and suddenly it becomes the spooky month!!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Halloween is the worst holiday, sub arbor day tier

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

*updates bad_gaius_marius_takes.txt*

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Weird that October has one spooky day and suddenly it becomes the spooky month!!

There's a house in my neighborhood with one of those 20 foot skeleton guys in his yard!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Are you effing kidding

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm going to play SOMA for Halloween, because I do that every year and I think it's solidly the best horror game I've ever played

Control is a very good pick for Halloween, it's extremely spooky

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

The arbor day creep is out of this world. Much like kudzu.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i love fall and halloween vibes but i hate how companies are trying to turn it into christmas 2 and with a bunch of cheap garbage and reskinned christmas decorations

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

No.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Can't wait for Christmas time, which is coming up in just a couple of weeks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Weird that December has one Santa day and suddenly it becomes the Santa September-December

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Their are twelve days of Christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Trust me, I know, my girlfriend gave me all these goddamn birds.