Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Mamkute posted:

31. de Blob (All Challenges, All Landmarks, All Transform Engines, All Gold Medals)

:worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
deep fear. it's an ok resident evil knockoff. its not tense or scary or difficult because you always have ammo and items plus you're super mobile (for a game like this anyway) and able to lock on to enemies/heal instantly but the story's goofy and the voice acting's funny

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

kirby's adventure. still one of the best NES games.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia: I ended up liking this more than awakening and fates. Even with the simpler classes and equipment and items, the basic gameplay was still great, having a bunch of small and medium battles rather than 20ish massive maps was nice, and the art and characters and plot were all an improvement.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

extremebuff posted:

mario sunshine. full of bizarre ideas and pretty high difficulty levels for 3d mario. good and weird.

Im a chuckster!

it’s difficulty can be just from bad mechanics but the void levels without fludd are some of the most satisfying challenges in gaming.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my morning jackass posted:

it’s difficulty can be just from bad mechanics but the void levels without fludd are some of the most satisfying challenges in gaming.

theyre the best part and im glad galaxy 2 and 3dworld are just whole games of those levels

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Doom 64: An interesting peek into an alternate reality of what doom would look and sound like. Ultimately, it doesnt break the trend of midway games being dogshit. Lots of maps with epic plutonia style "hit the switch and find the random spot it activated on some other corner of the map" design. Not to mention a bunch of stupid traps for no reason that you cant possibly see coming, some puzzles that are nonsensical like the one where you have to choose from 5 platforms a megasphere teleports back and forth from, and a couple times the game gives you a colored key that quite literally has you backtrack to the beginning of the stage to open its corresponding door, and behind it, a lone switch, that has you go elsewhere. Absolutely miserable and thats when doomguy doesnt get stuck at any wall he dares look at an angle exceeding 20 degrees, which for some reason stops him dead in his tracks. Also lost souls resting state after missing you or hitting you seems to be nonexistant so they can drain like 40 health in less than one second, somehow making pain elementals worse than in doom 2. every minute i played i dreaded when theyd introduce revenants chaingunners and archviles cause given how awful some of the enemy spawns in this were, i feared this would sink to excessive spam of those guys but they didnt even have them in the game (cartridge size limitations on the n64??? idfk)

also at one point there was a scripting error making the level impossible to progress in, and when i restarted the level, it worked despite me not doing anything differently. A scripting error in doom. What the gently caress

anyway, i didnt do any of the extra stages cause i didnt want to bother hunting for obscure secrets just to play harder stages of a mapset that i already didnt enjoy much, but ill think about doing it later.
god im pissed off, i should play some megawads

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Mega Man 8

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Frenz posted:

Mega Man 8

It's cool this game lets you use the buster while you have another weapon equiped

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Call of the Sea (all achieves)

This was pretty neat actually. Puzzles were pretty easy, but the environments were pretty nice and the story was actually kinda fun, good twist on a classic Lovecraft story.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Phoenotopia: Awakening (74% Completion)

There's a ton of great stuff here. Puzzles, exploration, the sense of character progression, art and music, all seriously wonderful. Some of the movement felt very fiddly at first but I came to respect it when I got used to it. But I never really felt like the combat hit its stride; enemies just bash you around way too easily with like zero invulnerability between hits, so you can easily lose half your life in like a second. By the end I found I was doing way more consistent damage, and also safer, by just sitting back and pew-pewing endlessly with the crossbow, which was pretty boring.

I wasn't loving the story, but was curious about where it was going... but the ending sucked honestly. I don't know much about the original game (Awakening was a remake that overhauled a ton of the original I guess), so it seems like maybe they had a pretty barebones story that didn't get changed that much while they completely fleshed out every other aspect of the game. I'm not that demanding in terms of simple stories, but there was a surprising amount of dialogue and cutscenes in this >30 hour game leading up to a really baffling conclusion imo. It suddenly feels like an MMO kinda story where you bash some dudes, then the real characters show up and explain what happened. And, not only that, but the game literally ends with one of those bullshit "you're not supposed to win against this overpowered rear end in a top hat" moments...... and then, all in cutscenes, it turns out your character is a superhero who can fly around and poo poo. Except you never actually get to do that, it's just in the ending cutscenes. It also completely undercuts the entire premise about a previous war having ravaged the planet, when the Good Aliens discover all the superhero bio weapons (the ones who previously ravaged the Earth) and say "oh cool! let's use those to fight the Bad Aliens. The End. Took the wind out of the sails of the world-building in a pretty big way, but still I had a lot of fun just exploring and finding collectibles and stuff.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) A Legionary's Life
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong + 'Shadows of Hong Kong' bonus campaign
9) Gun Mute
10) A Plague Tale: Innocence
11) Hotline Miami
12) Batman: Arkham Knight

Beat the main story, but I think I've had my fill now, so I doubt I'll get any of the numerous DLCs for the game. I think I'll take a break from Batman for a bit, before eventually tackling Batman Origins

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Major Isoor posted:

1) Heavy Rain
2) Hitman 3
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) A Legionary's Life
5) Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
6) Armoured Commander II
7) DEADBOLT
8) Shadowrun: Hong Kong + 'Shadows of Hong Kong' bonus campaign
9) Gun Mute
10) A Plague Tale: Innocence
11) Hotline Miami
12) Batman: Arkham Knight

Beat the main story, but I think I've had my fill now, so I doubt I'll get any of the numerous DLCs for the game. I think I'll take a break from Batman for a bit, before eventually tackling Batman Origins

so I have been playing origins over the past two years and that feeling of burnout from Arkham knight didn’t really go away for me. Origins has a very interesting story but it’s just a slog to get through

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
ive always been sorta interested in origins as i love the arkham trilogy but ive also heard its pretty fail

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nutmeg posted:

ive always been sorta interested in origins as i love the arkham trilogy but ive also heard its pretty fail

I liked it

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Nutmeg posted:

It's okay. Basically just more of the same formula with maybe one or two new enemy types. I played it before Knight came out and was definitely getting Arkham fatigue by the end

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Shovel Knight Dig - 41%

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

Shovel Knight Dig - 41%

oh hell yeah i forgot about this, how is it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Played it for "free" with an Apple Arcade trial. I like it way more than I was expecting to. It's way more roguelite than mindless phone game which is what I was kind of expecting going in. It kinda feels like Gungeon/Spelunky 2 wrt unlocks progression and secrets, but doesn't really match the heights of either of those. I got lucky with an OP build on like my 5th run, so even though I "beat" it there's still plenty to do. Spritework is gorgeous and the music is catchy. I'll probably dink around with it over the next week but I doubt it will have the staying power of other roguelites.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thats more or less perfect, i'm lookin for something short and shallow but fun as a cooldown from bigass rpgs, ty

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

American McGay posted:

Played it for "free" with an Apple Arcade trial. I like it way more than I was expecting to. It's way more roguelite than mindless phone game which is what I was kind of expecting going in. It kinda feels like Gungeon/Spelunky 2 wrt unlocks progression and secrets, but doesn't really match the heights of either of those. I got lucky with an OP build on like my 5th run, so even though I "beat" it there's still plenty to do. Spritework is gorgeous and the music is catchy. I'll probably dink around with it over the next week but I doubt it will have the staying power of other roguelites.

The Apple gamer stays winning

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

The Apple gamer stays winning

I’m an apple gamer, I’m a mama papa coming for you

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3 - review
11. Wario World - review
12. Soul Blazer - review
13. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - review
14. Final Fantasy XV - review
15. Illusion of Gaia - review
16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Arcade mode, Okay difficulty, April O' Neil, 1CC, No Death) - review
17. Terranigma - review
18. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Hard, D rank) - review
19. Kirby Super Star (77%, basic completion on all games including minigames and Arena)
20. Castlevania: Bloodlines (1CC, Normal, Eric Lecarde)

time to go for no death

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

mycophobia posted:

20. Castlevania: Bloodlines (1CC, Normal, Eric Lecarde)

time to go for no death

I just started this after replaying Super Castlevania IV. It's wild that there's half-eaten corpses and stuff scattered across the first level. Feels like it's gonna be up there with Metal Gear Ghost Babel as a gaiden game that's just as good as the mainline stuff.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Mega Man X

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
AI: The Somnium Files

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • No Rest for the Living (9 levels for Doom II, 2010. UVMax pistol start no saves). 5/5. An excellent level set, its got dense tech bases, wide open hellish architecture, easy fights and tough traps all in excellent balance, plus its absolutely stuffed with secrets that were easy enough for me to actually find which is a welcome surprise. a superb xpac for doom and its cool that Xbox gamers got this on their console when doom 3 came out, what a nice surprise that would have been.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

time crisis (ps1)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

point blank (expert, 1cc)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

point blank (expert, 1cc)

drat I love time crisis

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think time crisis 2 is more nostalgic for me and a solid sequel, but time crisis 1 is crazy good. solid arcade game thats never unfair and a nice 14ish min run time

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I haven’t played after two I should try to find some cabs in the area. Ones the one on most nostalgic for, found it in the arcade of a hotel when I was a lil dude and would either be in the pool or dripping all over the arcade floor the entire trip. Light gun doesn’t quite do it for me either

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
the time crisis port on PSX has like an entire second mode I remember liking

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

the time crisis port on PSX has like an entire second mode I remember liking

Yeah it's like an entirely new campaign. It's cool, Time Crisis ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There's also a PS1 exclusive sequel called Project Titan which is also cool and lets you move around between cover