Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Recess until 11:30 EDT. Really probably for the best that Jones isn't recalled today, no way this would have gone well with Pattis though interesting that he might call him again next week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Well that was probably the smartest thing they could have done, but I'm bummed we don't get to watch everybody end up slapped with contempt within 5 minutes of him taking the stand.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
stream is back live with a AJ courthouse steps press conf

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I wonder how much of this was Jones telling Pattis he doesn't want to take the stand again. Like he has to realize how bad that went for him yesterday?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Well the Law and Order feed has him 'press conferenceing' again where he's engaging in the usual rewriting of history.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Now, was the zero tolerance threat for today, or for the rest of the trial? Is he trying to run down the clock?

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016
Alex said "Perry Mason moment" again in the presser

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

"I'm not testifying today because Chris Mattei destroyed himself". Yes I'm sure that's correct.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Jones says the reason he’s not testifying is because Mattei has the trial rigged lol. Calling him an ambulance chaser in this presser. loving scumbag, no pushback from the press.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Is Alex talking about what Mattis told him waiving privilege?

I know it's not, but I can dream

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Yeah, had to turn it off. Unfiltered Alex Jones is very hard to listen to.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
"I did not get out of control"

please don't put in the paper i was mad

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Mattis' father apparently chewed him out and screamed at him after what he did yesterday - that's a quote

Also implying all the crying was fake

Alex is disgusting

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
What were the documents coonskin hat had to review that he couldn't have done, oh say, when everyone hadn't dragged their rear end in to court?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

KitConstantine posted:

Mattis' father apparently chewed him out and screamed at him after what he did yesterday - that's a quote

Also implying all the crying was fake

Alex is disgusting

Guys all the lawyers in Connecticut told Mattei he lost the case and is going to get disbarred. Pattis told him so, it’s definitely happening.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Wait. I thought he was the most censored person in all of America?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Any other lawyer would have been ARRESTED if they did what Mattei did yesterday

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Mattei's law firm runs the state. They brag that they're a mafia and brag that they own you

is alex earning another defamation charge?

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

KitConstantine posted:

Mattei's law firm runs the state. They brag that they're a mafia and brag that they own you

he also said the judge is being controlled by mattei, which is an awesome thing for the judge to learn about!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

How in the gently caress do people listen to that guy for hours every single day?

Five minutes of that poo poo was enough for a lifetime.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

KitConstantine posted:

maybe he thinks absolute privilege applies to him being near the court during a case?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Tried to look up the docket to see what the filing today was but it's locked since trial is in session :(

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

JaneError posted:

In recess until 11:30 eastern due to Norm having to review some documents(?)

No, it was actually because Norm decided that he was not going to cross-examine Alex (and instead he'll call Alex when presenting his defense) so the plaintiff had a big block of time that they weren't prepared to fill yet, didn't have the witness lined up ready to testify, need to discuss, etc...

So the delay was at the request of the plaintiff, to let them discuss what they were going to present next. Not a big deal since they're ahead of schedule.

Edit:

KitConstantine posted:

Tried to look up the docket to see what the filing today was but it's locked since trial is in session :(

The plaintiff lawyer said it was a "charge" which I believe in this context would be an instruction from the judge to the jury, probably about some bullshit Alex said yesterday.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

waydownLo posted:

he also said the judge is being controlled by mattei, which is an awesome thing for the judge to learn about!

Calling the judge a puppet in a press conference on the steps of her courthouse the day after being warned that any more outbursts will get him found in contempt of court is... is it really playing with fire (as opposed to just self-immolating) if you're standing on a massive lake of gasoline while also dousing yourself in kerosene while doing so?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

OneMoreTime posted:

I wonder how much of this was Jones telling Pattis he doesn't want to take the stand again. Like he has to realize how bad that went for him yesterday?

Jones didn't want to take the stand in the first place, he was only in the courtroom because the plaintiffs called him up there

After his meltdown yesterday, and especially with the judge announcing "ZERO TOLERANCE", it's not even slightly surprising Pattis didn't want to call him up

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
So what ARE they doing for the rest of the trial*?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

goatface posted:

So what ARE they doing for the rest of the trial?

There's a few more witnesses to be called, and presumably Alex will be called back by the defense sometime next week, but apparently they're quire ahead of schedule so who knows.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Man, they're gonna adjourn for the day?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Trial's back on, Plaintiff's upset about Jones' press conference and upset at Defense for not calling Jones back, calling for adjournment for the day

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Wasn't Watts supposed to be back to continue his testimony today?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

crime fighting hog posted:

How in the gently caress do people listen to that guy for hours every single day?

Five minutes of that poo poo was enough for a lifetime.

They're insane idiots, OP.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

JaneError posted:

Wasn't Watts supposed to be back to continue his testimony today?

Pattis waved his right to cross him today, so he won't be back.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

OneMoreTime posted:

Ah, OK, I missed the plaintiffs were done with him. Thanks.

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

OneMoreTime posted:

I think Mattei has the right to call him again

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

waydownLo posted:

I think Mattei has the right to call him again

He does, and my understanding from this morning is that they won't.

EDIT: Looks like Jones not coming back did throw a wrench into that and they are thinking about calling him back? So confusing.

OneMoreTime fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 23, 2022

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016
Did Norm just fart into the microphone

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

yeah that was awesome. sounded like a big ripski.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Norm can't be mildly disagreed with without getting huffy

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Judge sounds like she's reached 'He's about to fine out' point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

waydownLo posted:

Did Norm just fart into the microphone

No, he just put his hand over the mic to gently caress it up, he really hates being recorded in sidebars/etc, he's hosed with the mic by the judge's table like four different times and been told to stop doing it (and one time knocked over a tablet or something and had to fiddle with it for like 30 seconds trying to fix it)