Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

🙃

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oof my kingdom for an actual funny sports Twitter

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Belichick handing the reigns to another mastermind as he cruises off into the Florida sunset on "VIII Rings", you love to see it

For an actual comment, that seems like a weird way for him to describe the Cowboys

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Dolphins in first, Patriots in last, as God herself intended

btw for the folks saying Tua was only good in the fourth quarter of one game, that is wrong, he's been good all the other quarters too. really only that 2nd interception against the Ravens was dogshit. the drive that ended with the first Waddle touchdown for example, he was wonderful

Tua for president

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Glad to see Devante Parker is tearing it up for the pats :lol:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Steelers aren't any good and Tomlin is being stubborn about playing Pickett. Not going to get my hopes up but if this really isn't the same old Jets, 3-1 isn't insane.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

That was such an obviously horrendous fit. Truly boggles the mind how the Pats are this bad at WR evaluation.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

TheBizzness posted:

Patriots WR DeVante Parker statistically off to worse start than N'Keal Harry

Yeah, he hasn't been great so far

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

The Steelers aren't any good and Tomlin is being stubborn about playing Pickett. Not going to get my hopes up but if this really isn't the same old Jets, 3-1 isn't insane.

It’s loving awesome that you can do this every single season. Kudos man, truly.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Love the lede.

quote:

New England Patriots wide receiver DeVante Parker was thought to be the missing piece for the offense when he was acquired.

Yep, that's what everyone was saying—DeVante Parker is the missing piece.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

is pepsi ok posted:

That was such an obviously horrendous fit. Truly boggles the mind how the Pats are this bad at WR evaluation.

Bill's GM strategy is to collect people who have wrecked him in the past.

It works out sometimes when he doesn't have an absolute dumpster fire underneath him but... well...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheBizzness posted:

It's the NFL. Teams suck until they don't and that happens pretty quickly. You are hoping that is the case with the Dolphins too, no?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think the biggest story of the Pats offense so far has been the disappearing of Hunter Henry as Mac's most effective target. I haven't checked the snap counts yet but he's had like four target. Criminal misuse.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Joe will defeat the Bengals Wilson will start next week and get eaten alive by minkah
jets 2-2

Nov 6, 2002

Zach Wilson is absolutely gonna throw three picks his first game back.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Zach Wilson is absolutely gonna throw three picks his first game back.

The Zach Wilson wishful thinking posting you have been doing in here is pretty pathetic imo.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

TBH if you told me the Jets would come out of the AFC North gauntlet at 2-2 before the season, I'd be thrilled. That still holds.

Same vibes:
https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1570024115628564480

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

epic bacon posted:

Dolphins in first, Patriots in last, as God herself intended

btw for the folks saying Tua was only good in the fourth quarter of one game, that is wrong, he's been good all the other quarters too. really only that 2nd interception against the Ravens was dogshit. the drive that ended with the first Waddle touchdown for example, he was wonderful

Tua for president

The last quarter against the Patriots was real bad too. Five good quarters, two bad quarters, and one seeing into the matrix quarter is fine, but he's not there yet.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

The Zach Wilson wishful thinking posting you have been doing in here is pretty pathetic imo.

I think Wilson needs to put together a string of three above average performances before predicting a stinker from him is considered "wishful thinking."

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Zach Wilson is getting better at football and it's making the AFCE posters nervous

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

TheBizzness posted:

It was a totally reasonable post. Weird response

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

Zach Wilson is getting better at football and it's making the AFCE posters nervous

When does the part where he gets better happen?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

TBH if you told me the Jets would come out of the AFC North gauntlet at 2-2 before the season, I'd be thrilled. That still holds.

Same vibes:
https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1570024115628564480

I think you have to take each game as it comes though. The Bengals are 0-2 and their OL is a complete mess which seems like a good matchup for the Jets DL. IF this is going to be a good season the Jets need to win this game. Same for the 1-2 Steelers with a terrible QB and no Watt. I'd still say that it's under 50% chance that they win both but I think it's reasonable to want to win both. Obviously the Jets should be 0-2 now too and that would've foreclosed any chance at a good season.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1573329764483731456?s=20&t=dZsTHKVBCCvCQq5GekUYBg

I would be excited about this, but then I think about the time we needed to beat Buffalo's second stringers to make it to the playoffs and we lost like 82-3

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I think you have to take each game as it comes though. The Bengals are 0-2 and their OL is a complete mess which seems like a good matchup for the Jets DL. IF this is going to be a good season the Jets need to win this game. Same for the 1-2 Steelers with a terrible QB and no Watt. I'd still say that it's under 50% chance that they win both but I think it's reasonable to want to win both. Obviously the Jets should be 0-2 now too and that would've foreclosed any chance at a good season.
Set your expectations appropriately. If they lost to the Browns, they'd still have an outside shot at coming out of the gate at 2-2. That would still make me quite happy. No one game is the end all be all.

I want to see meaningful progress and Zach to come back strong with this offensive cast. 7-8 wins and I'm satisfied.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

It was a totally reasonable post. Weird response

Dolphin fans have to believe that they haven't been just as lovely a franchise as the Jets have been because everything is in relation to the other teams in the division. So they believe that after 2 games that their team has gone from garbage to a real contender but it's 100% impossible that that could happen to the jets.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1573329764483731456?s=20&t=dZsTHKVBCCvCQq5GekUYBg

I would be excited about this, but then I think about the time we needed to beat Buffalo's second stringers to make it to the playoffs and we lost like 82-3

Glass half full approach—Ed Oliver and Jordan Poyer have NOT been ruled out!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

I think the biggest story of the Pats offense so far has been the disappearing of Hunter Henry as Mac's most effective target. I haven't checked the snap counts yet but he's had like four target. Criminal misuse.

Bourne and Henry barely getting used, but have to put Parker out there on every play cause he is EddyPLionsFans guy

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Hyde and Poyer have both played 88 of the 90 games of the McBeane era. Playing without both and two rookie CBs in an important division game against two fast WR would worry me. There's depth that Philips doesn't seem to be a major issue.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Dolphin fans have to believe that they haven't been just as lovely a franchise as the Jets have been because everything is in relation to the other teams in the division. So they believe that after 2 games that their team has gone from garbage to a real contender but it's 100% impossible that that could happen to the jets.

This is a really morphed retelling, that’s for sure.

You accidentally hit on his point, which is that you seem to think the transition took two games.. or that the jets and dolphins were equal in the off-season. They were not. You yourself said you want your HC fired.

I think every dolphins fan in here has been reasonable about the expectations of this team and their growth.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 23, 2022

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is a really morphed retelling, that’s for sure

Maybe but it's also super weird to jump down Jets' posters throats for deigning to point out that the Jets' next two games might not be as difficult as originally expected

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I genuinely think the Jets are on the way up. Sauce, Wilson and Hall is a great draft even if none of the other guys pop and they've finally gotten over the hump of one or two position groups being so awful as to undermine everything else they do.

Even if Zach sucks, they didn't trade the farm for the pick to get him and they've got plenty of draft capital and cap space to get a decent QB.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nodoze posted:

Bourne and Henry barely getting used, but have to put Parker out there on every play cause he is EddyPLionsFans guy

That this is the problem and not the oline being a complete nightmare after what were subjected to all during training camp is so nice.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

That this is the problem and not the oline being a complete nightmare after what were subjected to all during training camp is so nice.

Did you notice in the Steelers game they've already give up on all the outside zone runs lol? That experiment lasted long.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Did you notice in the Steelers game they've already give up on all the outside zone runs lol? That experiment lasted long.

They did a couple at the end, but yeah. It didn't work, so they don't do it, the system works!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

Maybe but it's also super weird to jump down Jets' posters throats for deigning to point out that the Jets' next two games might not be as difficult as originally expected

Also fair. I vote we settle this the old fashioned way. They wrestle naked

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I forgot about this travesty lol

https://twitter.com/BadSportsRefs/status/1274446844324646917?s=20&t=gh5nKd1YZAsFu4i0_LorHg

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

2021: Jets 4-13. Fins 9-8.
2020: Jets 2-14. Fins 10-6.

It's not 2 games. Fins have been building a roster (LOL at the O line being "built"), and have climbed from "lovely franchise" to "mediocre franchise" in the last couple of years. That's how climbing works. The Jets? That win against the Browns is a quality win, there's a lot of team talent there, but they are 1-1, and starting Joe Flacco.

No one is seriously declaring the fins as the real deal after a mediocre win and an awesome come from behind win that was another flawed performance. But no, their arc is not the jets arc right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The reffing in that game was worse then the fail-mary that ended the ref lockout.