Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

honestly put every g gundam robot on a roulette and spin it i'm probably happy with the result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A depressing reality to keep in mind.

To be fair, you shouldn't go for every revive obviously, but there are many times when people don't even try and it's totally safe. And to again be fair, there are many who do revive when the opportunity presents itself.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

chumbler posted:

To be fair, you shouldn't go for every revive obviously, but there are many times when people don't even try and it's totally safe. And to again be fair, there are many who do revive when the opportunity presents itself.

Most people are just woefully unaware in games and will miss things that are right in front of them, and even if they do see a downed teammate they don't have the capacity in that moment to go "I should revive them" just like they don't have the capacity to go "I shouldn't use this dash to ram myself face first into those GM mines that are very clearly in front of me."

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

To be fair the time before the body just blows itself up is not generous

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
https://clips.twitch.tv/VivaciousConsiderateAubergineBudStar-eky_A_o0Y52fi4oc

Mobility is super fun in this game for the suits that have it. I haven't played Zaku II R yet but I have seen so many zooming around.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

do you guys figure the beginner's challenge was meant to be beatable in a week or is it correct that it's actually beatable the soonest in 28 days

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

grieving for Gandalf posted:

do you guys figure the beginner's challenge was meant to be beatable in a week or is it correct that it's actually beatable the soonest in 28 days

I figure it was pitched as a week and a producer was like yeah make it incremental days on each challenge so it's 28 days!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Revitalized posted:

I figure it was pitched as a week and a producer was like yeah make it incremental days on each challenge so it's 28 days!

all the other achievements per page are things that are doable in like three matches, though! it's killer

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It seemed pretty obviously throttled on purpose so you have to engage longer

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I love the reload animation for some of the guns is you just wave it in the air for a second and ta da

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Revitalized posted:

I love the reload animation for some of the guns is you just wave it in the air for a second and ta da

I like how Methuss just sort of does whatever, it's reloaded now I guess

They should put Re-GZ Custom in just because it's gun is an AK.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Revitalized posted:

The Turn A literally chucks his gun away and generates a new one out of thin air. That's probably close to lore accurate, though. lol

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

The animations of just holding the gun are because some of the energy weapons are powered by their suit's fusion reactors through a conduit in the hands, same with the Federation's beam sabers and Zeon's heat weapons.

There's a scene in Unicorn in the attack on Torrington where a damaged Zogok isn't able to power its heat sword, so it hands it off to a Zee Zulu where it immediately starts heating up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIVVAsMTP1A&t=326s

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

I'll be pretty shocked if the meta doesn't demand a sazabi on both teams every match ngl. Just on a basic level no other suit provides that kind of beef to your team - only the gm comes close and there's a lot more ways to quickly kill it. With the high mobility and lethality of the game having robot that can step on the point and say "I'm not getting off here until you kill all my buddies first or every member of your team shoots at me at once" is both unique and valuable

Gundam landing a mace into a few headshots can pretty much solo a Sazabi. But that's part of why I think every shield gundam being on the team is gonna be a thing bc you only have so many shield breakers.

Kanos posted:

I feel like whether or not GM becomes meta depends on how prevalent stuns and shield breaks end up being. Sazabi and Gundam both benefit hugely from their shields but aren't 100% reliant on them to function - Sazabi has fat rear end HP and good mobility and Gundam has a ranged stun and what amounts to a marksman rifle - whereas if you can null the GM's shield the suit dies instantly and contributes nothing.

I feel like GMs ult and the fire + heal grenades are just too good at holding down a spot.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Commoners posted:

The animations of just holding the gun are because some of the energy weapons are powered by their suit's fusion reactors through a conduit in the hands, same with the Federation's beam sabers and Zeon's heat weapons.

There's a scene in Unicorn in the attack on Torrington where a damaged Zogok isn't able to power its heat sword, so it hands it off to a Zee Zulu where it immediately starts heating up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIVVAsMTP1A&t=326s

Wow, I missed that detail of the sword heating up once passed off.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Kild posted:

I feel like GMs ult and the fire + heal grenades are just too good at holding down a spot.

The GM's ability to shoot precisely at far longer ranges is also a huge benefit over the sazabi. The only targets that really want to get up close to a sazabi are the ones that can reliably obliterate it, and with Sazabi's speed it's not often that it gets to creep up on someone that isn't oblivious and tunnel visioning. So while the sazabi is really good at like, holding a hallway or a corridor or like clustered domination points; it's far less good at holding something like the big front gate on the lunar checkpoint map where the GM's ability to shoot at longer range and explosive lets it counter snipers and the like better. So I feel that'd probably come down to game mode and map even.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Kibner posted:

The Turn A literally chucks his gun away and generates a new one out of thin air. That's probably close to lore accurate, though. lol

I'm not familiar with the Turn A but it feels like one of the weirder suits for sure. The kit is self healing and your gun and...a walk up grapple toss into a stun? The butterfly ult is hilarious and impactful though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The grapple toss is intended to be a melee counter, but the startup was too long in the network test so no one used it as such.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's accurate to the show to the point where all it's missing is a cow transporting emote and a laundry drying MVP pose.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also yes the judo throw is a thing it absolutely did in the show.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Also yes the judo throw is a thing it absolutely did in the show.

Yeah for a large chunk of the early series Loran didn't have a lot of weapons to work with and also didn't want to escalate violence or risk the skirmishes flaring up into all out war. So what does he do?

He judo flips the gently caress out of a WaDom that's like three times the size of his gundam.

It was a very effective way to demonstrate that the protag is clever and the Turn A is ludicrously strong.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Diephoon posted:

I'm not familiar with the Turn A but it feels like one of the weirder suits for sure. The kit is self healing and your gun and...a walk up grapple toss into a stun? The butterfly ult is hilarious and impactful though.

It was designed by Syd Mead and is totally rad in basically every way.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

so there's maintenance ongoing or something? the website news says it's already done but i'm still getting an error message when i try to play

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

so there's maintenance ongoing or something? the website news says it's already done but i'm still getting an error message when i try to play

Supposed to be down until 7 PM PST as far as I know, in order to let people start throwing money at them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also the Moonlight Butterfly was basically responsible for a technological apocalypse in the backstory of Turn A.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Moonlight Butterfly is personally responsible for wiping my team off B because randos don't look up

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Runa posted:

Moonlight Butterfly is personally responsible for wiping my team off B because randos don't look up

Don't look up, you'll drown in particle effects like a turkey in the rain!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Runa posted:

True in overwatch too

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

It's a struggle to stop it even if the team does look up.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Commoners posted:

It's a struggle to stop it even if the team does look up.

If you're already in a decent vantage point a sniper or even a guntank can shut it down really easily. but generally it's easier to just get out of dodge. Most random players struggle to do two things at once, like look up and shoot, or shoot and dodge. So asking them to look up, shoot the moving dude, and get out of the AOE is a huge one.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im gonna drop fifth luna if maintenance doesnt end soon

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

you know i was expecting getting the new robots to be under $40 for some reason

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

What the

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I suppose I have a complaint about this game now

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lmao

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
What they cost 40 bucks?

Edit: No they don't they cost like 10 to straight up buy one.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 24, 2022

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also the filter censors "does"

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

it's $40 for the pack of all the new suits, i should specify (little over and you have to buy the e-currency $10 at a time so you're spending at least $50)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The DX package that unlocks all four of them and a bunch of cosmetic stuff does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I am gundam whale and i bought the new ones.

Unicorn is huge healing and utility but it is also loving huge and slow with 800hp so it dies instantly when pressured. It's basically lucio with a better gun but no mobility. An odd thing with its shield is that it can be used to poo poo on the GM sniper by just hucking it at its face, and it can't shoot back.

The melee zaku owns and I think it'll be important to the meta. It's almost strictly antishield and the ult is hilarious.

The weird not-junkrat is ???. Big damage but the grenades are kind of obnoxiously hard to aim. I'm sure it can do something with some playtime but my immediate impression is not too great. It has a decent hovering profile though, so some airborne moves are possible with its wall kick thing.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 24, 2022