Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

I had some guy on my team with a Chinese name pick safelane Silencer and I remember thinking it would never work. I don't know if he was a smurf or just having the game of his life but he got 30 kills and stole 161 int in less than 45min.

What was the enemy carry?

3 Friends and I won this 45 minute game the other day. A surprising number of stupid things can be put safelane and still do well, at least in Archon / Legend tier lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Lion has an AoE stun, don't undervalue that

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I normally never do Cavern Crawl stuff but I decided to this year and I'm a little confused:

I just got to the last node in the Support tree and after winning the game I seem to have gotten the CC reward as a random drop? Right? Because I don't have all 3 fragments?

Or did I get the set because I won with CM, and if I find the third fragment it'll alter the set?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
To reach each end node and get the set (cm jugg slardar) you have to win with that hero. So yes, winning with cm gave you the set. The nine style unlock shards are hidden at random nodes throughout the cave. Once you have the three under cm, you can unlock the second style on the cm set

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Got'chya; didn't realize they ever did "alternate styles" for a set apart from all the various Arcanas.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Why is underlad picked so little? Has a 55 percent winrate when he's offlane. Most of the low picks are difficult to play heroes and he aint.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

Why is underlad picked so little? Has a 55 percent winrate when he's offlane. Most of the low picks are difficult to play heroes and he aint.

Because to get the most out of his ult you have to talk to your teammates and no one wants to do that

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:confused:

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
All I can think of is that you have a different hero selected to the one calling out the buyback status in the chat.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Offlane Marci is free mmr

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nanomashoes posted:

Offlane Marci is free mmr

I know she's super strong but she's boring and anime sucked and shouldn't have been put in the game.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Copper For Lyfe posted:

All I can think of is that you have a different hero selected to the one calling out the buyback status in the chat.

No it happens all the time for me. The Ctrl+Alt Click for your Quickbuy reports a different amount of gold than the tooltip when you mouseover the section.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I feel like a lot of of my losses involve 2-3 basic types of carry player:

1. The guy that only farms one place on the map. You would think one side of the map was giving double gold or something because this guy will immediately go right back to the general area where he died if he gets ganked. Like 4 and 5 times in a row. If the enemy team figures out he stays in one area they're going to keep ganking him there.
2. The guy that only wants to hit creeps. Unfortunately you can usually spot this guy in the first 5 minutes. He will rarely respond to anything done by you or the enemy laners. He's not going to trade with them, he's not going to use abilities much, he's not gonna do anything other than hit creeps. This carries over to the rest of the game. He's just never going to make plays. He will only react to what the enemy team is doing. He probably won't do terribly and lose you the game in some obvious way but he's not going to carry you either. I feel like this type of player has an outdated mindset where the carry AFK farms his own jungle for 40min before doing anything. A lot of times they don't even pick a lategame carry where this could theoretically work.
3. The guy that can't read the room. It's 20-5, you own the enemy jungle, you're roaming around as 4 killing whoever you can find, and your carry is in your own jungle the entire time. 4 on 1 ganks are one thing but actually ending without one of your cores is more difficult. Sometimes the enemy team hits a power spike or you gently caress up execution in a teamfight or two and now the game is a lot more even. The guy that's been in the jungle is a completely unknown quantity until he actually does something so there's a possibility you lose.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Sab669 posted:

No it happens all the time for me. The Ctrl+Alt Click for your Quickbuy reports a different amount of gold than the tooltip when you mouseover the section.

The higher amount takes into account death-loss gold? Idk. Seems plausible tho.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

I feel like a lot of of my losses involve 2-3 basic types of carry player:

Some of us are only playing Carry for the Cavern Crawl and have really bad game sense for some of these things okay :(

Although #3 doesn't sound like a fault of the carry, depending on how far into the game it is. If it's 35 minutes and the 4 of you have been crushing but he's still in your jungle, yea probably a problem. But if it's 20 minutes and you have a super good early game comp I kinda don't blame them for being off doing their own thing still. Don't get cocky trying to take high ground, instead ping them mercilessly until they join you :v:

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

If you’re doing Cavern Crawl in ranked there’s a special place in hell for you.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

ability arena is pretty rad

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

DNK posted:

The higher amount takes into account death-loss gold? Idk. Seems plausible tho.

Yeah, the higher amount is including the death-loss gold (and 6 more gold on top of that for some reason)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/apps/dota2/videos/dota_react/international2022/primal_beast.mp4

Actually not a fan of the PB Prestige Set :(

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
giant nyx assassin lookin rear end

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Doesnt suit the hero at all

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That's why it was selected to be added to the game.

I equipped only the arms & legs and it's better. What's the point of playing as a giant dinosaur if your opponents can't even tell you're a dinosaur :confused:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Btw have I mentioned, gently caress this game?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the All hero challenge has reached PA and it likely ends here. they need to bring back support pa from 2016 or whatever so i can luck to a win playing 5.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
PA seems like a weird place to get stuck in the all hero challenge - you should just go for it PA owns

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Every PA game I get iced out in lane and the enemy forgets I exist until I have bkb+deso and can delete dudes

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.dota2.com/battlepass2022

The rarest gummi of them all, it was carved by gummi artisans who work exclusively in the medium of gummi.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Because Valve gotta Valve, they slipped in a lovely little change, ultra rares not marketable until after TI12.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I got like 1/4 of a single candy for winning a Diretide match, yikes.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I got like 1/4 of a single candy for winning a Diretide match, yikes.

How long did the match take? I bet it's time gated to encourage you to spend money.

Edit: Actually can you even buy candy with real money? Maybe it's just a horrible grind because Valve hates you.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

OGS-Remix posted:

How long did the match take? I bet it's time gated to encourage you to spend money.

Edit: Actually can you even buy candy with real money? Maybe it's just a horrible grind because Valve hates you.

Looks like it's time-based. I played a ranked match that took 1 hour, and one, and got 40% towards a candy. That is an insane grind.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

OGS-Remix posted:

Not directly but as part of the BP rewards track you can get little candy bags that have 2 candy in them. I can't imagine this would be at all worthwhile except as a bonus for levels you already paid for to get something else.

E: Apparently you can get a Roshan replacement as one of the candy shop prizes, he's holding a candy bucket and has greevils sitting on him.

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 4, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Looks like it's time-based. I played a ranked match that took 1 hour, and one, and got 40% towards a candy. That is an insane grind.

I think it's just 40% for a win and 20% for a loss, and diretide/turbo are half.

I'm just speculating because I got 20% for a diretide win and 10% for a loss, but in my win I also got half credit for cavern crawl just like if it was a turbo win.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can't believe crystal maiden is a furry

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Literally swift as the Wolves of Icewrack now.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Dang I was hoping the 2nd cavern crawl would have three new sets but it's just another style option that's way harder to unlock

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

also all the point chest rewards are halved in this cavern because gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Literally swift as the Wolves of Icewrack now.

If CM is truly as swift as the Wolves of Icewrack, I'm shocked to discover they have legs.

I think I liked the derpy dog from the Arcana more.
Even as a CM spammer, not into the new Persona much.