Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

The Anime Liker posted:

Imagine signing up for a martial arts tournament and your final opponent is Venom AND Bane

and the rest, there is even a bit of charlie bronson in in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Gorbachev's armour from Númenor is fancier

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

ProperCoochie posted:

luv 2 have access to the world's top trainers and even have million dollar megacorps pay for physical and stunt training, and then enter an open contest full of working class schlubs.

yeah I'm sure it was a cakewalk, look at how casual and easy this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNt9oDkhCp4

dumbass lmao

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 23, 2022

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
id kick his rear end

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Kingo Ligma posted:

Yes, everyone knows there are only two options: boring as poo poo or dumb as gently caress, anything else at all is literally impossible.

It’s not boring, hth

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

It is boring, and it is occasionally boring in a good way, but most of the time the pacing is so dire it can only be the bad kind of boring

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Well, you're wrong. What do you have to say to that?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

oh so the scene in Sandman where a baby dies of SIDS made me start actually crying

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

Well, you're wrong. What do you have to say to that?
I feel a bit gassy and kinda want to take a nap

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Jon Irenicus posted:

oh so the scene in Sandman where a baby dies of SIDS made me start actually crying

The baby didn't actually die

In fact, it wasn't even a real baby. Jeez

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Jon Irenicus posted:

The fact that it hasn't been renewed for a season 2 yet probably means it won't be. :smith:

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
New Don't Hug Me Im Scared eps are out, the first one so far was a hoot.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
the sandman was a really hot emo twink and should hang dong and present buttocks in s2

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

The Anime Liker posted:

Imagine signing up for a martial arts tournament and your final opponent is Venom AND Bane

I would not want to fight Bronson.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The Anime Liker posted:

I'd get my dad Len K to beat him up

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

But I would absolutely wrestle with him. ;)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Perfect Potato posted:

I checked the /tv/ hate watch thread last night

???

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Collapsing Farts posted:

the sandman was a really hot emo twink and should hang dong and present buttocks in s2

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Dream from sandman reminds me of nathan fielder dressed as a hot topic manager

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

X JAKK posted:

New Don't Hug Me Im Scared eps are out, the first one so far was a hoot.

It's so loving good. How to even describe it to people to make them interested in watching it, but the DHMIS stuff is absolutely amazing, ugh.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

id fight tom hardy and then maybe get a beer with him after and just shoot the poo poo about how we are both big time hollywood actors. we would become very good friends and grow old together

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Collapsing Farts posted:

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

id fight the sandman actor and then maybe get a beer with him after and just shoot the poo poo about how we are both big time hollywood actors. we would become very good friends and grow old together

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Dream from sandman reminds me of nathan fielder dressed as a hot topic manager

Lol

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

https://youtu.be/-OThD15Gsog

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

He won’t

Because there will never be a s2 of sandman :-(

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
I ALMOST FORGOT I TWAS FRIDAY

hopefully i haven't shown these already and forgotten about it in my drunken stupor

at 8 eastern on the discord

1, Knightmare

it's a slasher movie, but the slasher is a apparently a ren fair enthusiast

2. Black Shampoo

he's all of those things, and a drat good hair stylist too

3. Shira the Vampire Samurai

what if blade, but an asian lady?

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Andor more like Blandor.

You can legitimately skip the first two episodes and pick up the plot from context clues walking into the third, and lose nothing important.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The fully plot summary for Don't Worry Darling isn't on wikipedia yet, but I'm reading a write-up of the ending, and holy poo poo is this loving awful.

During a contentious dinner in celebration of Jack's (Harry Styles) promotion at work, Alice calls out Frank (Chris Pine) about what's really happening — only to be gaslighted. After the dinner fiasco, Alice reiterates to Jack that she loves and believes in him, but doesn't trust Frank or Victory. Jack reluctantly agrees to flee with her that evening but as they get into the car, it's revealed that he snitched on her and Victory's henchmen in red jumpsuits are coming to take Alice away. When we see Alice again, she's strapped to a seat undergoing shock therapy. Through fragments of memories and flashbacks, the audience learns that Alice and Jack are living in a simulation. In reality, Jack and Alice were a couple living in a crappy apartment trying to make ends meet. Alice was a surgeon who worked long shifts in the operating room while 29-year-old Jack, sporting glasses and facial hair, spent his time at home listening to Frank's preachings on YouTube about an ideal modern society. Jack, taking matters into his own hands, decides that he and Alice should join the Victory Project. He agrees to undergo a psychological evaluation as well as physical and medical changes — like a haircut and shock therapy to suppress their real memories — before they're put in the simulation. Jack gets to customize aspects of his simulation identity and chooses a British nationality for himself. By making the choice for Alice to live in this perfect simulation, Jack takes away her autonomy. After Alice confronts Jack for taking her choice and her life away from her in the real world, he argues that he saved her because she seemed miserable from constantly working. As their argument escalates, Jack tells her that he hates every minute of his Victory job (with audiences still unclear about what exactly his work entails), but he does so in order for Alice to live a happy life as a housewife. When Jack tries to hold onto Alice, she smashes a glass on his head, killing him. Bunny walks in to see Jack dead and explains to Alice that if a person dies here, they die in the real world, too. Bunny also reveals that she's always known about the true nature of the Victory Project. She willingly chose to be here because, in the real world, her children are dead. But here, they're alive and she gets to spend time with them. As Alice drives away in Jack's car to attempt another escape, she's pursued by the Victory men in red jumpsuits. Meanwhile, Frank gets real-time updates from the men who work for him and learns that Alice is headed toward the exit. He tells them that she can't be allowed to leave. Shelley (Gemma Chan), Frank's loyal and supportive wife, suddenly stabs Frank in the chest and twists the knife in. She calls him a "stupid, stupid man" and says, "it's my turn now." But the movie never unpacks Shelley's motive or game plan. When Alice finally reaches the exit door, she sees a vision of Jack hugging her and telling her "don't leave me." But she carries on and presses her hands to the mirrors with both hands. The film cuts to a brief montage of moments, including Bunny with her kids, Alice dancing, and the black-and-white scenes of the female dancers. Then, the screen goes black. A gasp from Alice is heard and the film ends with the title card.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That seems way too complex and I couldn’t make it through that tbh

That sucks because I was hoping for a good followup from Wilde because I loved Booksmart.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

tldr: They're in a simulation that her husband forced her into. The mystery job the men of the town work on is never revealed. If you die in the game, you die in real life. Movie ends with her waking up in a cut to black and title card.

Lister fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 24, 2022

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Sounds like a lovely version of the insanely good Severance or something like that

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I dunno that sounds kinda neat, shame about the execution I guess

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
does the LotR show follow bezos' list of 12 things iconic shows have?

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

ColTim posted:

Yeah but incest wasn't on the list, so he got half the viewers for double the money lol

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

ColTim posted:

I haven’t seen it but if it’s a list of the six married Valar and their spouses then no we haven’t seen one yet and I’m mad as hell

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Imagine being the engineer that writes code to kill people who die in simulations.

Or maybe you're guy in meetings going like, "People who reach 0 hitpoints in the sim get their brains scrambled IRL we gotta, like, figure this little oopsie doodle out before we launch!" And the Monopoly guy in the corner is lighting his cigar with a Benji going "Naaaaaah."

The next generation of TVs will cause you to go blind if you shut them off while you're watching it. It's fine it's all part of human progress.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sunk Dunk posted:

lobster thot

:wotwot:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I got assigned the job of making the cyanide capsule that bursts in your mouth if you reach 0 hp in VR video games. It’s a tough job but I guess it pays the bills until I can finish my degree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

sure okay posted:

Imagine being the engineer that writes code to kill people who die in simulations.

Or maybe you're guy in meetings going like, "People who reach 0 hitpoints in the sim get their brains scrambled IRL we gotta, like, figure this little oopsie doodle out before we launch!" And the Monopoly guy in the corner is lighting his cigar with a Benji going "Naaaaaah."

The next generation of TVs will cause you to go blind if you shut them off while you're watching it. It's fine it's all part of human progress.

It’s like the Therac-25 but on purpose!