Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Johnny Truant posted:

How many languages are just regular sets released in, out of curiosity?

8. The core languages include English, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Portuguese. They recently dropped Russian, Korean, and Traditional Chinese.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/changes-magic-product-languages-2022-07-18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Johnny Truant posted:

How many languages are just regular sets released in, out of curiosity?

currently 8 (english, chinese simplified, french, german, italian, japanese, portugese, spanish), down from 11 since russian, korean and chinese traditional were dropped starting with dmu

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
I wonder what made Wizards drop Korean and Traditional Chinese, low sales?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

no go on Quiznos posted:

I wonder what made Wizards drop Korean and Traditional Chinese, low sales?

politics, according to the argument we had when it happened

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
theyre still committed to wpn events in those areas (and korean and russian will continue to be supported on arena) so my guess is its an attempt to lower printing costs by dropping languages that cost a lot compared to their returns, solely on an actually printing the cards level.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

has there ever been a card that copies a creature and all its counters/auras/equipment too?

Sort of

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bugsy posted:

8. The core languages include English, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Portuguese. They recently dropped Russian, Korean, and Traditional Chinese.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/changes-magic-product-languages-2022-07-18

Neat, thanks!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
It feels like that should be once each turn, instead of “only once [ever]”

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Arivia posted:

I think that would get incredibly obnoxious incredibly fast

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah once each turn would feel like unhinged levels of annoying rather than a clever gimmick, and so far most of the cards revealed have dodged the problems of unhinged.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Then the bonuses given should be permanent, not until EoT. Memory issues sure but it's acorn draft whatever.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If I was in a pod and someone in a different game played this card and asked for applause I would certainly clap, and so would probably the other 5 people in the pod who aren't playing the game and some number of customers and staff. I think the restriction is pretty fair.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Arivia posted:

Then the bonuses given should be permanent, not until EoT. Memory issues sure but it's acorn draft whatever.

Maybe if it was a straight +X/0 but with haste and trample that card is already a turn 4 game ender.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Eikre posted:

It wouldn't be completely shocking if a Cheerios deck materialized one day and slotted it. It gives you value for your cost reduction but it still sticks to the field if you play it for 0. Usually things that do the former are just 0/0s when you try the latter.

Of course, Cheerios is a Storm deck and probably doesn't give too much of a poo poo about some tokens. But I'm pretty sure this would all be contingent on some other unforseen enablers being printed for the deck to make the cut in Legacy, so who loving knows. Is Sram anywhere near the viability threshold in CEDH?

The mono-W eggs deck in cEDH is Teshar, but it really isn't looking for more do-nothing 0-drops. The other eggs deck is Emry, and she doesn't want this card either.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Finally, a card made for Jeb Bush

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Finally, a card made for Jeb Bush

He still got +0/+0.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Arivia posted:

lmao imagine being at a draft and every other turn some dweeb bloviates for half a minute and then ends with "please clap", this card would end up being t:+0/+0 very quickly.

making it once per game protects the player from themself, and the scorn of everyone in the room.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Can't hit players.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

Can't hit players.

You can hit them ten times!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

HootTheOwl posted:

Can't hit players.

if you had an Avatar of Me in play...

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lone Goat posted:

You can hit them ten times!

DQ'd if you do, drat if you don't...

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This is an infinite mana combo with Devoted Druid, since if you turn the latter into a vehicle and don't crew it the -1/-1 counters won't kill it and you can untap infinitely.

Idk if that's any better than existing DD combos but it's pretty easy to pull off.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

DQ'd if you do, drat if you don't...

Just say it was an accident each time. Bonus points if you hit them with ten copies of

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Force of vigor is 34 dollars in paper. I have 8 of them because I forgot I bought a playset already when they were 3 bucks at release and ordered double back then.

MTG is loving strange.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sickening posted:

Force of vigor is 34 dollars in paper. I have 8 of them because I forgot I bought a playset already when they were 3 bucks at release and ordered double back then.

MTG is loving strange.

Same w/me and fury

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sickening posted:

MTG is loving strange.

You know how with some sets, if you open a lot of it, there’s always that one rare you just seem to pull a bunch of? Mine was FoV for MH2. I’m not complaining.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

You know how with some sets, if you open a lot of it, there’s always that one rare you just seem to pull a bunch of? Mine was FoV for MH2. I’m not complaining.

I also have a playset of the terrible white anthem of the same cycle. It will skyrocket eventually.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Lone Goat posted:

Just say it was an accident each time. Bonus points if you hit them with ten copies of

Anti-Canadian tech card

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Oversized dungeon cards and commanders, now is your time to shine :getin:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Pretty fun and eternal format legal.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sickening posted:

MTG is loving strange.

Can I have 2 of them

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Can I have 2 of them

I am sorry, but I am selling them on tcgplayer to buy something else I shouldn't buy.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

And Fable of the Mirror-Breaker being however much it is, is a loving crime.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sickening posted:

And Fable of the Mirror-Breaker being however much it is, is a loving crime.

Yeah, 15 is a crime for it.

Because it's a steal for a four-format all-star.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Yeah, 15 is a crime for it.

Because it's a steal for a four-format all-star.

All star is a stretch. A big stretch. It was a card that was underestimated for sure but nah, its a crime at 15 bucks.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/5118689#paper

This deck is also very fun and good. I played it tonight after not having to spend 500 bucks on creatures, but instead investing in the chinese economy.

Liliana v is a trap, the last hope is the real deal in this deck and you heard it here first.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

The Nastier Nate posted:

has there ever been a card that copies a creature and all its counters/auras/equipment too?

it seems like the sort of card that would have been printed in alpha with only like 4 lines of text and never reprinted and then you check oracle and it has eight million lines of text and is an entire section on the judge cert test

moravec
Apr 24, 2007

The fourth law of robots is screw you, I'm outta here.

Silhouette posted:

Time to collect 10 of the 6x9 promo Chaos Orbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Silhouette posted:

At last, a use for all my old Planechase Planes and Archenemy Schemes.