Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

ExcessBLarg! posted:

This has been making the rounds recently, and it's like a game of telephone where each report on it gets the context even more wrong than the last.

It's not a "comment", it's a patch for the Linux kernel that adds cpufreq support for the Tegra 239. The only thing that it corroborates is the existence of the 239 (if it wasn't confirmed before), and that Nvidia is working on getting Linux (for Android perhaps) up and running on it.

It says nothing about the Switch though. For one (something that apparently everyone reporting on this has missed), the Switch doesn't run Linux/Android.

Like the only thing this says is that the 239 is real and not a made up number, and that it has eight cores.

It's also not a "leak", this is how Linux development is done and has been for decades.

Thank you. I was reading it over and over trying to figure out what about that news implied the existence or development of a new Nintendo console :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ll tell you now that Nintendo is developing a new console but I’ll also tell you that nobody knows anything about it and if they tell you they do they’re lying

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Yeah I mean, there may well someday be a Switch 2 that uses the T239, but this "leak" doesn't confirm that at all.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Quote != Edit.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

hatty posted:

I’ll tell you now that Nintendo is developing a new console but I’ll also tell you that nobody knows anything about it and if they tell you they do they’re lying

its the switch pro

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Luigi is better and here's why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtpWnhviGPQ

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

$5 a month is more than worth it for the nes, snes, genesis, n64 libraries plus online play plus the dlc for good games

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

and soon it will have goldeneye, which I will play a lot.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they should add gamecube and gameboy games

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
and virtual boy games all 22 of them

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i love playin games on my nintendo switch

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

and virtual boy games all 22 of them

Teleroboxer and Wario were legit good VB games.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

haha what posted:

hosed up if true

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

hatty posted:

Ill wait for the switch Butane

That bastard gas? It'll be a long wait. Nintendo knows better.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Nintendo won't release the Switch Pro until people stop posting articles about it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I thought Valve had released the switch pro.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Switch Pro is just a Wii U tablet for the Switch

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The craziest thing about Supper Mario Broth thing is that the person running it has other social media accounts under the same name, and never posts a fact to more than one of them. That means that the SMB Facebook page has all different facts, same with anything else they run (I can't remember, outside of the site).

Edit: ok, I guess it's mainly just the site and twitter. Could have sworn there used to be a Tumblr and fb page, too.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

haha what posted:

I play games on my TV.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
I started playing Return to Monkey Island last night.

It's real good and everything I could have wanted in a MI1/2 sequel.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Played the intro and it seemed good but sadly my copy of Trails to Zero arrived today so MI is probably on the back burner for like the next 60 hours (gaming time)

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I've played them a hundred times each but I would buy MI1 and 2 on switch given the option.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Luigi is better and here's why:

They should have made a Luigi movie where he conquers his fear of ghosts to save Mario. Built in character arc and everything.

Sakurazuka posted:

Played the intro and it seemed good but sadly my copy of Trails to Zero arrived today so MI is probably on the back burner for like the next 60 hours (gaming time)

Has there been any word on how this compares to the Geofront fan translation? I know it's the same people, but have there been upgrades or improvements over the existing patched pc port? Such that a fan in possession of the latter would have a good reason to spend $60 on the former.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sorry I've not really been following it other than to know the the PS4 port is the worst version lol

As far as I'm aware the old PC port + translation patch + improvements done are at parity with the Switch port and the new official Steam version but that's about it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I finally beat the Radiance for the true ending of Hollow Knight. I hope they don't double down on some of this poo poo in the sequel.

Real fun having to fight Hollow Knight everytime again to get to the boss.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Mario has little man syndrome, and is constantly trying to compensate by having Bowser create situations where he can look like a hero. Luigi is just out there living his best life. Keeping to himself, and not getting involved in starting money laundering schemes. Nintendo doesn't want you to read between the lines. But I think we know who the better brother is.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hrist posted:

Mario has little man syndrome, and is constantly trying to compensate by having Bowser create situations where he can look like a hero. Luigi is just out there living his best life. Keeping to himself, and not getting involved in starting money laundering schemes. Nintendo doesn't want you to read between the lines. But I think we know who the better brother is.

Luigi's probably seeing Princess Daisy, but it's a low-key in-private thing rather than a big public mess like Mario and Peach's relationship.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Haaaa I may have been... over served last night and bought an $8 copy of Rune Factory 4.

Well, there are worse ways to spend your time!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's a nice little game to play. rarely the visuals in it kind of meld together occasionally to my poor lovely eyes when there's not enough contrasting things on the screen but that's my fault. i deserve it

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

xedo posted:

They should have made a Luigi movie where he conquers his fear of ghosts to save Mario. Built in character arc and everything.

A Luigi's Mansion movie with Charlie Day voicing Luigi would certainly be something

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I finally beat the Radiance for the true ending of Hollow Knight. I hope they don't double down on some of this poo poo in the sequel.

That's the reason I never finished. Just too much of a bitch to do over and over. No game should lock bosses behind bosses.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cavauro posted:

that's a nice little game to play. rarely the visuals in it kind of meld together occasionally to my poor lovely eyes when there's not enough contrasting things on the screen but that's my fault. i deserve it

Yeah it's gonna be a nice little nugget before Harvestella comes out in a month or so.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Waltzing Along posted:

That's the reason I never finished. Just too much of a bitch to do over and over. No game should lock bosses behind bosses.

Hornet tells you how to beat them right before you head in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui9hFeUrRrI

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

My TV has stopped recognizing my dock, is there anything to check besides a lose cable? The dock still charges, just doesn't talk to my TV

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

My TV has stopped recognizing my dock, is there anything to check besides a lose cable? The dock still charges, just doesn't talk to my TV

Cable itself could have poo poo the bed, try a different one if that one isn't loose.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If it isn't already, move it to the HDMI 1 slot.
Ive had stuff act funny before if it isn't in that slot (all depends on the TV model, I guess)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Large Testicles posted:

Cable itself could have poo poo the bed, try a different one if that one isn't loose.

Just a loose cable after all

:)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

i hope they do it more

Waltzing Along posted:

more games shoulda ctually

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Let’s gooooooo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Stux posted:

i hope they do it more

more games shoulda ctually

Sekiro’s final boss kicked so much rear end and had one of these. By the time I beat it I was just destroying the first phase, it ruled.

Pitiful grandchild, indeed.