Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

waffle iron posted:

It dumb thread with Tony Khan, Rovert and David Box.

oh lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Sometimes we can blame the coke but willingly engaging with Trevor on socials is a real character defect

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If Rovert can get Tony to DM the mods here then I think he should be unbanned, all due respect

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmfao

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

xbilkis posted:

If Rovert can get Tony to DM the mods here then I think he should be unbanned, all due respect

only if tony reveals his account

unless…

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

The last post might be my favorite wrestling Twitter post of all time. The combination of Tony sending out his nth message as a go-between for Rovert to get Bix to unblock him, the tease of the mystery Rovert post Tony quoted that Bix can't see because of the block, the inclusion of the #AEWRampage hashtag....it's perfect

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Incredible day for wrestling twitter

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

Incredible day for wrestling twitter

Then enjoy this screenshotted tweet from May 2015 that I found in my imgur trying to upload something.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Not enough appreciation for this tweet itt

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Rarity posted:

Not enough appreciation for this tweet itt

He got given the reverse Shane Douglas

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Everyone should have Rovert blocked.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

tony… no…

*tears roll down my face as I put on a triple h tshirt and cancel my aew plus sub*

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

He’s already building the main event for Grand Slam 3

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Wazzu posted:

Everyone should have Rovert blocked.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Genuine question, how exactly did Rovert get the notoriety he has? I don't know the whole history behind him I just remember him being a guy vague posting and being irritating here until he got banned and then doing the same on Twitter.

Was he ever a real scooper or something? There's tons of bad wrestling tweeters who pretend they know more than they do, why is he so followed/ special?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dacap posted:

Genuine question, how exactly did Rovert get the notoriety he has? I don't know the whole history behind him I just remember him being a guy vague posting and being irritating here until he got banned and then doing the same on Twitter.

Was he ever a real scooper or something? There's tons of bad wrestling tweeters who pretend they know more than they do, why is he so followed/ special?
He's been on every message board conceivable (and banned from a lot).

Being notorious on the internet is often mistaken for being credible.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Sep 24, 2022

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

The f4w board still talks/mocks him as much as we do. It's impressive how far his reputation has spread.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dacap posted:

Specifically he was (finally) banned from PSP after trying to claim ACH had mental health problems when he was mad at WWE over a racist T-shirt

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

also rovert has a posting style that is explicitly meant to be as annoying as possible while trying to stay within the rules

like if cavauro took their power to post stream of consciousness and turned it into actively trying to be miserable to have a conversation with

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Specifically he was (finally) banned from PSP after trying to claim ACH had mental health problems when he was mad at WWE over a racist T-shirt

That was weird because he just refused to understand that ACH could both be having mental health problems and have had them triggered by a legitimate lovely incident on WWE's part.

But really he's just annoyingly persistent in needing attention and that sucks to post with and he's done that act everywhere so everyone knows him.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

But you see, his curtains were CLOSED

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Rarity posted:

Which is also funny because when ACH was booked in OTT, he went around the front row asking Irish people if they were rovert.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

Which is also funny because when ACH was booked in OTT, he went around the front row asking Irish people if they were rovert.

lmfao

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

drat that's funny.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

Lmfao

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Was it backwards Trevor who did that post about how he was such a hard man IRL he had Travellers knocking on his mum’s front door looking to fight him

I feel like it was

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

he also harassed many people here via pms and would have absolute mental meltdowns whenever he was probated for being a miserable prick who loved posting vague nothings promoted as scoops that derailed entire threads for days

weird little egomaniac

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/MatthewMacklin/status/917306001115832320

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Was it backwards Trevor who did that post about how he was such a hard man IRL he had Travellers knocking on his mum’s front door looking to fight him

I feel like it was

I mainly remember him for goalpost shifting whenever one of his SCOOPS didn't come to pass, PM'ing anyone who disagreed with him a bunch of times, and being rather creepy about Becky Lynch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's only room for one scoopster in PSP :colbert:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's been on every message board conceivable (and banned from a lot).

Being notorious on the internet is often mistaken for being credible.

I first came across him on the DVDVR forum and yes, he was exactly the same there as he was here. A bit more casual sexism then maybe but otherwise just as desperate for attention, just as keen on hinting he was in the know in that deeply obnoxious way.

I was kind of surprised he posted here, not like this is the centre of Internet wrestling discussion, but I suppose when you're banned from every other forum online you take what you can get. And then get chased off that too.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 24, 2022

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

History Comes Inside! posted:

I feel like it was

I thought for a second this was about Trevor Dame and it painted quite the picture.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I tried to guide Trev to sticking around here, but he is impossible to tame. A true wild man in this era of fakers and phonies. The Phil Brooks of twitter, some would say.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Atlantis_CMLL/status/1573684229183082498

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
my favorite rovert moment was when i posted something "wouldnt it be funny if X happened in the fed" and then he tweeted it out as if it was an actual scoop

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Trevor was also frequently posting racist dogwhistles and then pretending he didn't know that's what they were. gently caress him.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Endless Mike posted:

Trevor was also frequently posting racist dogwhistles and then pretending he didn't know that's what they were. gently caress him.

Related to this, he was also a huge Lacey Evans stan, as I recall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Insisted she was “extremely well-liked backstage” as naseum lol