Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

has Shlak ever had a match against a high flyer? I feel like that'd be fun to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Kvlt! posted:

has Shlak ever had a match against a high flyer? I feel like that'd be fun to watch

He's wrestled Sadika, but I don't know if that answers your question.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Skee-loving-Woah

https://twitter.com/deadlockpro/status/1572399648740110337?s=46&t=FxiLec4JTZ5NtvHxS9j-kw

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Season of Shlak

https://twitter.com/Thexpwwrestling/status/1571189116192133120

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

King of Indies card is rounding out:

https://twitter.com/WCProOfficial/status/1572648187101577216

https://twitter.com/WCProOfficial/status/1571913961402138626

Anyone know anything about Viento?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Listening to WOR and Dave brought up something I hadn't thought of, in that Moxley has a title vs career match with Nick Gage upcoming. How are they gonna do that now that Moxley is AEW champ? If Cage is scheduled to regain the title, that's gonna be quite awkward for AEW now. Obviously this match was booked before the Punk thing threw titles plans into disarray so there wouldn't have been a problem before.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Are non-aew matches part of AEW kayfabe? I'd assume if they let him wrestling in other leagues they don't really bring it into the AEW world. I could be wrong I'm just taking a guess, I don't watch AEW

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kvlt! posted:

Are non-aew matches part of AEW kayfabe? I'd assume if they let him wrestling in other leagues they don't really bring it into the AEW world. I could be wrong I'm just taking a guess, I don't watch AEW

When Thunder Rosa lost in TJPW as champ they replayed the match on their YT show and it led to Miyu challenging Rosa for the AEW belt on tv, but it's not a hard and fast rule. They last two times Hikaru Shida had bookings in Japan AEW just wrote her off with a storyline injury. Could go either way with Gage

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Fuckery

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Have Gage win and have Moxley v Gahe as a lights out main event.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/defyNW/status/1573350797207011329

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I suspected GCW was back with the Shlak match in Japan but this confirms it, GCW back.

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1573114571833102336

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Seattle feeling good.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

oh so GCW can book events but not send me my drat hoodie :mad:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Thanlis posted:

Seattle feeling good.

other than drat near every headlining featured wrestler at DEFY being paired up with Schaff CONSTANTLY I think it’s gonna be a great show.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Gage seems cooked so I can see him retiring since his leg is apparently still real hosed. Gcw can also put on an amazing match but their production and commentary is so loving awful it takes away from a bunch of their big outside talent matches

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

GCW is my fav indie because they really know how to retain an audience's attention. There's a lot of variety and they have a great eye for picking talent that actually knows how to build a match and not just 2 dudes smashing 200 light tubes in the first two minutes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I miss RSP and the rest of 44OH and I keep forgetting I could just see them all if I started watching Circle 6

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Kvlt! posted:

GCW is my fav indie because they really know how to retain an audience's attention. There's a lot of variety and they have a great eye for picking talent that actually knows how to build a match and not just 2 dudes smashing 200 light tubes in the first two minutes.
What I would like to see from GCW is a separation/categorization by name for all the different stuff they do, like what ICW is doing with the NHB branding. They simultaneously want to be the biggest super-indie, while also being the goriest deathmatch & backyard fed, while also doing international shows, while also hosting crossover shows with other indies. So if you only dip into them casually, you don't really know what you're going to get. It feels to me like they should consider moving toward something closer to the old NWA-style governing body instead, before they spread themselves too thin. I know The Collective is a thing, but that's more of a collaboration with BLP/GPW/Bloodsport/etc.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bloodsport really is more a GCW thing than it is a Josh Barnett thing though.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Bonk posted:

What I would like to see from GCW is a separation/categorization by name for all the different stuff they do, like what ICW is doing with the NHB branding. They simultaneously want to be the biggest super-indie, while also being the goriest deathmatch & backyard fed, while also doing international shows, while also hosting crossover shows with other indies. So if you only dip into them casually, you don't really know what you're going to get. It feels to me like they should consider moving toward something closer to the old NWA-style governing body instead, before they spread themselves too thin. I know The Collective is a thing, but that's more of a collaboration with BLP/GPW/Bloodsport/etc.

That's kinda what I like about them, but I do agree that it can be tough to follow for casual fans. Even some sort of weekly or every X period show where they can keep people updated with highlights and storylines so it's easier to follow

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

the escape goat posted:

other than drat near every headlining featured wrestler at DEFY being paired up with Schaff CONSTANTLY I think it’s gonna be a great show.

It’s totally gonna be Suzuki vs. Schaff.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

History Comes Inside! posted:

I miss RSP and the rest of 44OH and I keep forgetting I could just see them all if I started watching Circle 6

I feel like GCW has really struggled without them.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Can't decide if this should go in the Puro or Indies thread but hey

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1573617043101732865?s=20&t=SdglDZi3WUcEXoffQQhlKg

Joey Janela going to get skewers stuck through his face. Love my Psychopath Boy.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Sep 24, 2022

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Thanlis posted:

Anyone know anything about Viento?

Good lucha high flyer out of Pro Wrestling Revolution in San Jose. Surprisingly big, I think he’s right around 6 feet tall. He’s getting more bookings on the indies lately. Very nice guy, too.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

SalTheBard posted:

I feel like GCW has really struggled without them.
That's probably because RSP was handling most of the booking when he was around.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Thanlis posted:

It’s totally gonna be Suzuki vs. Schaff.

gross

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Are the GCW / FREEDOMS shows being streamed on Fite or somewhere else?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Are the GCW / FREEDOMS shows being streamed on Fite or somewhere else?

They'll be on Fite. No link yet though to order

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Joey Janela going to get skewers stuck through his face. Love my Psychopath Boy.

Joey/Sakuda increases the chance the show will eventually show up on Universe so i'm all for it, we love that short king around here

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

oh so GCW can book events but not send me my drat hoodie :mad:

thank you to the GCW merch guy itt because as soon as I made this post i got an email it shipped

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

MassRafTer posted:

I suspected GCW was back with the Shlak match in Japan but this confirms it, GCW back.

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1573114571833102336
It feels like just last month I was seeing people claiming Skywalker would never wrestle overseas

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Kvlt! posted:

GCW gets a little too much credit for the WM weekend collective shows. GCW have fallen off pretty hard, I thought they would've been the new super-indie in 2022 but DPW is doing a better job and it's run by three podcasters that spend an hour every week making Dick The Cock Johnson jokes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Tampa Bae posted:

GCW gets a little too much credit for the WM weekend collective shows. GCW have fallen off pretty hard, I thought they would've been the new super-indie in 2022 but DPW is doing a better job and it's run by three podcasters that spend an hour every week making Dick The Cock Johnson jokes

I don't think people having a bad sense of humor means they can't book indie shows.

However Brett does have a sense of humor which is why GCW is back.

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1573862392194211840

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Thanks to this thread I'm going to treat Shlak lifting up a 110 pound Yamashita as if it were Hogan/Andre

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tampa Bae posted:

Couldn't agree more

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I feel like GCW started to lose its shine a bit by running way too many shows, at least for me. I’m not gonna spend like $20 a show for 6 shows a month or something. Really made it easy to stop paying attention because I knew I wasn’t going to pay for all of those shows especially when their shows were often very hit or miss and always had wild production issues.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Joey Janela and Rickey Shane Page announced for D-Oh Grand Prix (DDT's version of the G1) in November

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Ganso Bomb posted:

I feel like GCW started to lose its shine a bit by running way too many shows, at least for me. I’m not gonna spend like $20 a show for 6 shows a month or something. Really made it easy to stop paying attention because I knew I wasn’t going to pay for all of those shows especially when their shows were often very hit or miss and always had wild production issues.
The Wrld was back in January and I felt like they were falling off back then. They were doing some great gimmick stuff, but it became clear that stuff like Backyard Wrestling, Blood Sport, Spring Break, and Tournament of Survival were things that other wrestlers co-opted with GCW rather than Brett being a great booker.

They're really dragging along on name brand alone imo, the wrestlers are carrying GCW, Brett is not a genius booker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
They completely ended their hottest angle/programme a year ago. January this year if you're generous.