Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Russad posted:

On PC, you’ll pick up shards until your cap, and the remainder will be left on the ground. So if you have 475/500 shards and a 30 stack drops, you’ll cap and have 5 shards on the ground.

On Switch, the 30 stack will stay on the ground and the game will tell you you’re capped.

Oh, okay. That's clearer. I understand now, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
lol if you have to gamble for a single item just to be able to pick up a stack of five hundred blood shards on console

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Star Man posted:

lol if you have to gamble for a single item just to be able to pick up a stack of five hundred blood shards on console

I often have to do this! To the point that I pre-spend a little before a rift so I don’t have to do the back-and-forth.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I'm on PC, but I'll still gamble a truckload of belts to get every last drat blood shard on the ground.

Except when I reflexively talk to Bore-ek and close the rift with abandoned loot :cry:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Andrigaar posted:

Except when I reflexively talk to Bore-ek and close the rift with abandoned loot :cry:

For Greater Rifts, the trick is to not do your gem upgrades until you've solved your loot situation. You can't reflex close a completed GR until you do the gems.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Oh ok i cant read so that makes sense thank you!!

I did the same thing - had some nice ancient set pieces but made sure I took off the other ones so I didn’t get the bonuses! :downs:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
So I figure this is as good a place to ask as any, I got a new phone number and I'm trying to link it to my authenticator. I tried disabling and resetting it on the blizzard website and they both require a code texted to my old number which is no longer active. Do I bite the bullet and call blizz customer service or did I miss a step somewhere or what?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Field Mousepad posted:

So I figure this is as good a place to ask as any, I got a new phone number and I'm trying to link it to my authenticator. I tried disabling and resetting it on the blizzard website and they both require a code texted to my old number which is no longer active. Do I bite the bullet and call blizz customer service or did I miss a step somewhere or what?

Just call customer service and be ready to send a photo of your DL. Besides that annoying part and the wait times its actually a fairly smooth process.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The console versions of Diablo III keeping you from picking up a stack of blood shards because it would put you over the cap is a new one to me. I don't understand why it doesn't just pick it up and drop whatever the difference is. But y'all are going through weird rituals when you could just leave them on the ground and move on to your next rift. I have a cap of 1,800 blood shards on season and I'm not in a hurry to maximize spending them all when it's just gonna be this:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Only $9b? tut tut

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Dameius posted:

Just call customer service and be ready to send a photo of your DL. Besides that annoying part and the wait times its actually a fairly smooth process.

I remembered hearing something about sending them a pic of a license but I wasn't sure if that was still a thing. Thank you

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Dameius posted:

Only $9b? tut tut

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I was doing a big run of grifts in the 120 and 130s for awhile, enchanting them gets ridiculously expensive. I'm around 2 billion myself

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Unrealized gains, non-liquid assets!

Although that is a pretty good number for this far into the season. My group usually does an every other week thing of just burning rings and cows for 1-2 hours to empty out our stashes during seasons.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
Once you have a functional gear set, the only reason to keep cow sticks is because they each contain 2 pools of reflection.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Yeah we'd harvest the pools for GR turn ins.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

The cow level is fun and you guys are grumps.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

RodShaft posted:

The cow level is fun and you guys are grumps.

It can be both fun to do and for getting two knowledge pools real fast before GR turn-in

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
edit - nvm :ssh:

Orc Priest fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Sep 26, 2022

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Who doesn't like cow levels? Those things are fun as hell

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Discord link is dead. I need to beg for a switch powerlevel.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
Here's a permanent invite, if we can get it in the OP that would be nice.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Cow level is fun and crowded with loot to give that dopamine rush. Just Moo It.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Field Mousepad posted:

Who doesn't like cow levels? Those things are fun as hell

Andrigaar posted:

Cow level is fun and crowded with loot to give that dopamine rush. Just Moo It.

For those this isn't clear on--the cow level always spawns with two knowledge pools. People running very high level grifts, especially in groups, set the game difficulty to normal and will open up a cow portal to get to the two knowledge pools in the level (as well as other easy-to-reach pools). In group play, because of the zdps builds in the group or fragility of the trash killer or RGK killer in the group, it's better to have the game difficulty set to normal to avoid accidental deaths and loss of accumulated knowledge pools. The knowledge pool bonus applies to the experience you get when you turn in the quest.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Snacksmaniac posted:

Discord link is dead. I need to beg for a switch powerlevel.

Posted my friend code in general, if i domt respond its because im installing a dryer but apart from that im free all day gonna be running some bounties otherwise so hmu

Orc Priest
Jun 9, 2021
Check your e-mails y'all!!! blizzard just sent out beta invites

beta starts Oct 11

I DIDN'T GET IN

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

🚩Kheldarn has been marked SAFE from getting into the Diablo IV Beta

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Some were chosen, others weren't

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

I got in right when i'm combatting unknown pc performance issues, guess that gives me a deadline to fix my poo poo by

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I got in as well. Don't know how really. I don't play THAT much

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Didn't get it, but also with my current calendar I probably wouldn't have had the time to really engage with it either so meh. I'll wildly and irresponsibly speculate with the rest of the thread on anything we find out during it, regardless of how trivial and insignificant it is.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I demand to read about exquisite tea completely breaking the game somehow

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I got in. The options were PC or console and PC. I don't have a PC, but I play D3 on MacOS. no idea if PC includes that or not. At least I can play on PS5 if that's the case.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

External Organs posted:

I demand to read about exquisite tea completely breaking the game somehow

If anyone can do it it's him. Dude can do speedruns in his sleep

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hell yeah. :c00l:

No, no... what the gently caress.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Lmao

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I got in. Looks like 25 years of being bad at games is finally paying off :woop:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Really curious to hear about how much of an impact your paragon board can make to your build and what kind of build diversity we can expect. Yay Diablo.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I got a Blizzard email too and it was just a survey. I am also a winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

exquisite tea posted:

No, no... what the gently caress.

lol owned