Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

The Saddest Rhino posted:

who is out there inventing all these stupid lexicons that makes no sense!

Everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

:hmmyes:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Barreft posted:

How old are you

You also creep me out. Talk like an adult here, this isnt reddit. No one here wants to read a middle aged man talking about pinched pee pees for fucks sake

She-Hulk was made... what? 12 - 18 months ago? The show isn't like South Park where it can turn around and react to current events six weeks later. So the misogyny that it mocks was predicted with complete accuracy.

You don't like how I'm approaching this? You want me to be adult about this? Should we engage with these people? Treat their concerns as somehow valid and deserving of our attention and energy? Maybe create a "safe, welcoming space" so we can discuss our concerns?

The problem is that that approach assumes some mutual interest in resolution. Some possibility of compromise.

Incels/misogynists don't won't that. They want women to be things. Toys. Objects that they can own, control and discard at their whim like mean, spoiled children. That's their agenda, stated or not.

Do you imagine that you will find some "adult mutually-beneficial compromise" with that agenda?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Okay, but your weird terminology sucks

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
gently caress chuds all day, every day, but not with baby talk. Stick with peckerwood and thimble dick as your absolute floor as a reference.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 24, 2022

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Marsupial Ape posted:

gently caress chuds all day, every day, but not with baby talk. Stick with peckerwood and thimble dick as your absolute floor as a reference.

Going to not say anything, and just agree with this post.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Marsupial Ape posted:

gently caress it, I'm tired of the whole thing. Figure one of these poo poo-heels is going to assault or murder one of the women from the show and the news will go on about how much of a completely unforeseen and totally unpredictable tragedy it is.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Everyone posted:

gently caress it, I'm tired of the whole thing. Figure one of these poo poo-heels is going to assault or murder one of the women from the show and the news will go on about how much of a completely unforeseen and totally unpredictable tragedy it is.

I’m not trying to diminish your concern, because it is a valid one, but I think we’re experiencing different conversations, here.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Elden Ring Voice: THE PESTIFEROUS PEE PEE PINCHER

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I'm sorry, I tried but it's still not funny

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The gently caress is happening in this thread?

Anyway the series should end with Shulkie and Titania bonding over beating the poo poo out of Intelligencia nerds

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Rarity posted:

The gently caress is happening in this thread?

Anyway the series should end with Shulkie and Titania bonding over beating the poo poo out of Intelligencia nerds

For Jen, but we the viewers should get one last credits short or something to check up on how Wongers and Madisynn are doing

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I feel bad for Jen every time somebody asks her to change forms in public. She always looks a little wounded and I feel like that’s maybe something you’d let do in private. While it’s not excretion or sexual…it’s still a bodily function and this should be handled according to that person’s sense of dignity.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rappaport posted:

For Jen, but we the viewers should get one last credits short or something to check up on how Wongers and Madisynn are doing

Only if they're binging She-HulkJust Jen, and Wongers is really enjoying it while Madisynn says that she has so many questions now. Go full meta with it, have them watching the same post credit they're in as Wongers talks about what a good show it was on the TV and on screen, while Madisynn looks around for but can't actually find the camera/4th wall.

tsob fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Sep 24, 2022

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

tsob posted:

Only if they're binging She-HulkJust Jen, and Wongers is really enjoying it while Madisynn says that she has so many questions now. Go full meta with it, have them watching the same post credit they're in as Wongers talks about what a good show it was on the TV and on screen, while Madisynn looks around for but can't actually find the camera/4th wall.

Maybe have the final episode of the season go full Blazing Saddles with Jen and Titania fighting on the Marvel sets.

drat. I need to watch Blazing Saddles again at some point.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Everyone posted:

please doxx

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Everyone, stop trying to make 'pinched pee pee' happen, it's NOT going to happen!

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Not sure if it’s already discussed but I turned off all the screen smoothing on my 4K tv but for some reason on she hulk there are scenes where it looks like it’s turned on and it’s just real weird. I watch in Dolby vision if that matters.

I think I noticed it on other marvel properties but does anyone have that issue and what is it? Bad cgi?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Getting called a "male feminist" on Twitter because I dared to defend Jen's character in She-Hulk against someone calling her "toxic"

Totally normal

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dell_Zincht posted:

Getting called a "male feminist" on Twitter because I dared to defend Jen's character in She-Hulk against someone calling her "toxic"

Totally normal

That's not even an insult :psyduck:

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Zefiel posted:

Everyone, stop trying to make 'pinched pee pee' happen, it's NOT going to happen!

It might if people like you keep bringing it up. I'm tired. I've moved on and I'm pretty much resigned to these toxic incel assholes just being a thing in our culture forever. But you go ahead. Keep fuckin' that chicken.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Rarity posted:

That's not even an insult :psyduck:

I looked it up, it apparently is. Means "taking a feminist viewpoint in order to appear more desirable to women and therefore increase your chances of getting laid."

And this guy definitely meant it that way, according to him I'm also a "beta bitch"

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Everyone posted:

It might if people like you keep bringing it up. I'm tired. I've moved on and I'm pretty much resigned to these toxic incel assholes just being a thing in our culture forever. But you go ahead. Keep fuckin' that chicken.

they were just doing a quote from famed feminist masterpiece, Tina Fey's Mean Girls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pubd-spHN-0

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

The only way we can stop misogynists from poisoning the culture is by astroturfing the most juvenile insults imaginable. If we don’t force “pinched pee-pee” into the lexicon, then the manchildren win.

One thing I love about She-Hulk is that the MCU is really starting to feel like the Marvel universe. Introducing Mr. Immortal and his legal troubles is a simple way to show how superpowers affect normal people without being part of some superhero/supervillain fight. He’s just some rich narcissist that is terrified of confrontation who happens to use his powers to coast through life. Much like Titania (so far) not being some criminal robbing banks, but an influencer who is just jealous of the protagonist. We get to just live in a silly comic book world without all the other comic book movie tropes.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Yeah. I do love that trend. I hope the introduction of mutants is handled with some finesse though. Supes have become such celebrities even aliens or androids it's hard to see families turning on their kids for it.

Like a The Boys scenario would make way more sense. Being parents to an attractive mutant kid with marketable powers is hitting the jackpot. If they're ugly or have gross powers well off to the orphanarium

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Goddamn everyone is super weird.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Love the show, :gas: the thread.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

adhuin posted:

Love the show, :gas: the thread.

This phenomenon is called "The TVIV effect"

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It could be worse, it could be the Rings of Power thread.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oasx posted:

It could be worse, it could be the Rings of Power thread.

How's the House of the Dragon thread? :ohdear:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

XboxPants posted:

they were just doing a quote from famed feminist masterpiece, Tina Fey's Mean Girls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pubd-spHN-0

She-Hulk this week also did a quote from the same show. I’m pretty sure the “why are you so obsessed with me?” had to be written by someone who knew what they were doing.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Parkingtigers posted:

She-Hulk this week also did a quote from the same show. I’m pretty sure the “why are you so obsessed with me?” had to be written by someone who knew what they were doing.

absolutely. you don't just throw that line out willy nilly

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

We never did see the groom at the wedding, did we? Probably off taking Jonathan to the emergency vet. (He's so brave!)

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Somehow "Is Stormfront really a Nazi?" has been beaten out in bad TV watching. Seriously do some people just hit play, pass out, and wake up with hot takes?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Thundercracker posted:

Yeah. I do love that trend. I hope the introduction of mutants is handled with some finesse though. Supes have become such celebrities even aliens or androids it's hard to see families turning on their kids for it.

Like a The Boys scenario would make way more sense. Being parents to an attractive mutant kid with marketable powers is hitting the jackpot. If they're ugly or have gross powers well off to the orphanarium

That's how it's been in thr comics, passing mutants that look like people have a much easier time than someone that looks like Freaky monster.

Someone who looks like Kitty Pryde or Bobby Drake isn't going to raise eyebrows at five guys as Nightcrawler or even Gambit.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
that has nothing to do with gambit's mutant powers though

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
he has strong opinions about their cajun style fries

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Thundercracker posted:

Somehow "Is Stormfront really a Nazi?" has been beaten out in bad TV watching. Seriously do some people just hit play, pass out, and wake up with hot takes?

You watch TV while browsing the forums and refreshing social media, duh.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Rarity posted:

How's the House of the Dragon thread? :ohdear:

Given the source material, kinda okay I guess. Funniest recent debate had to do with how colour blind people understand language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The thing that gets me most is that all these loving losers had to do to convince America that it's not them perpetuating some ridiculous culture war and is instead the people asking to be treated better doing so was to point at them and say "they're the ones doing it" and my entire loving life, chuds have been doing that about everything from government abuses to diddling kids and it somehow still surprises me that it works every time.