Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ham Equity posted:

So, if you leave one of these on the public street or sidewalk, isn't that just littering?

How do people move these things, anyhow?

a truck with a boom crane, from what i've seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

News story about how criminals are stealing cars and crashing them through buildings to steal stuff, and store owners are making sidewalks worse by putting up concrete barricades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGUpJMQRcvE
Can someone talk them into putting them on the road in between the bike lane and the vehicle lanes instead of on the sidewalk?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

mystes posted:

Can someone talk them into putting them on the road in between the bike lane and the vehicle lanes instead of on the sidewalk?

Lol. But that would only protect people, not property.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I passed this sign today which made me lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Petanque posted:

lol. thank you for taking a picture.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Petanque posted:

"Pedestrians must choose death by jumping off a cliff or death by car"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Petanque posted:

Warning: Dark Souls Trap Ahead

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Petanque posted:

Speed up to jump over pedestrians. Is this sign in Hazzard County?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

News story about how criminals are stealing cars and crashing them through buildings to steal stuff, and store owners are making sidewalks worse by putting up concrete barricades.

car plows through my store and kills 6 customers because the driver was drunk or something: "meh"

car plows through my store and a thief gets out and steals poo poo: "PUT UP CONCRETE BARRIERS, NOW!!!!!!"

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

the gun shop relies on makeshift bollards for protection. really makes u think

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a car is a bollard

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lobster shirt posted:

the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a car is a bollard

Bollards and/or crippling fuel shortages?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Check the quote tweets for delicious driver tears

https://twitter.com/samwightt/status/1573120888228249600?t=iBzXi3r4_NnRXxg_RERDgg&s=19

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

also maybe report some of them if you want something to do on a friday night. and gee sure is interesting how many of the angry drivers seem to be actual literal nazis

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

driving a car does such incredibly bad things to your brain

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
i rode the bus the other day.. first time in a motorized vehicle in over a month. felt like teleporting. these crazy people in cars chasing seconds of time, it's wild.

basically,

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

driving a car does such incredibly bad things to your brain

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/abc7newsbayarea/status/1572980067218886659

read the comments to get mad instantly

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The top transit system in the US is the MTA and it still sucks. People who want amazing mass transit move to NYC every year and get their hearts broken. There's all sorts of weird train outages and frequency issues constantly. And there's a lot more bus than you think there's gonna be, and you can ride a bus in any city

what is opportunity cost precious?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Petanque posted:

lmao

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

oh, it gets worse than that, read the reaction from the police to go insane with rage

Officers said the teenage driver wasn't reckless, but inexperienced. He wasn't cited because a vehicle-code infraction wasn't committed in an officer's presence, authorities said.

a sane society would tell him he's done driving forever, a very lenient society would revoke his license and tell him to come back and reapply for it in a few years after taking an intensive class on driver safety, and in our society the cops make excuses for him and won't even cite him for having done anything wrong. after coming within a few inches of turning a little girl into slurry out of gross negligence and recklessness

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

A sane society definitely has unsignalized intersections with crosswalks across 4-lane roads.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

oh, it gets worse than that, read the reaction from the police to go insane with rage

Officers said the teenage driver wasn't reckless, but inexperienced. He wasn't cited because a vehicle-code infraction wasn't committed in an officer's presence, authorities said.

a sane society would tell him he's done driving forever, a very lenient society would revoke his license and tell him to come back and reapply for it in a few years after taking an intensive class on driver safety, and in our society the cops make excuses for him and won't even cite him for having done anything wrong. after coming within a few inches of turning a little girl into slurry out of gross negligence and recklessness

we can’t even do the lowest tier neoliberal poo poo of making him take a dumb driver safety course or something lol

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

lobster shirt posted:

nothing wrong with riding the bus though

I'm not hating on the bus, I'm simply saying that there are people who visit or move to NYC thinking it's going to be a train paradise, and it is compared to other American cities, but that's compared to other American cities. Getting to a lot of places in NYC still requires bus travel.

Like God help you if you wanna go to Red Hook

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

eXXon posted:

A sane society definitely has unsignalized intersections with crosswalks across 4-lane roads.

Woah, woah, woah, here, there's an RRFB there! That's pedestrian infrastructure, creating a highly walkable neighborhood!

It's definitely not frequently ignored by drivers with absolutely zero consequences, even when they loving kill a kid because of it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

You are correct. I'm incredibly loving mad and I am always mindblown at how god drat brain damaged car brains are.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm not hating on the bus, I'm simply saying that there are people who visit or move to NYC thinking it's going to be a train paradise, and it is compared to other American cities, but that's compared to other American cities. Getting to a lot of places in NYC still requires bus travel.

Like God help you if you wanna go to Red Hook

Yeah it is more: if people are expecting it to be like Europe or Asia, think again.

mystes
May 31, 2006

RRFBs should be illegal

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

A drunk driver plowed into a girl in a crosswalk here, killing her, and he just got off scot free. There were witnesses, and he was even on camera. Insane.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
A 13 year old was crossing at a corner to corner cross walk a few blocks from me a couple years ago and a guy in a pickup just took her the gently caress out. No slow down at all. He wasnt drunk so he wasnt even charged with anything.

If you want to murder someone - just wait till they walk somewhere and run them over. Youll get away scot free.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

lol at the bollards spaced wide enough to drive a car through

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm waiting at a stop sign to cross a busy road on my bike. An SUV stops on the other side, signaling left. When it clears and I start to cross, the fucker just starts driving into me instead of yielding, and only stops once I make it clear I'm not going to just wait in the middle of a busy road.

On the way back at the same intersection, I'm waiting for traffic to clear in both directions. A guy in a red sports car comes from my left (going down the busy road where they have right of way) and stops, then honks at me to go while there are still cars going 25-30 mph in the other direction. I politely declined the offer.

I stopped commuting daily for some reason but every drat week someone is either trying to run me over or yielding right of way to encourage me to get flattened.

Precambrian Video Games has issued a correction as of 21:35 on Sep 24, 2022

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Horace posted:

lol at the bollards spaced wide enough to drive a car through

They would have stopped an SUV so I can't fault them too much. Just didn't consider anyone might still be driving a midsize sedan in America in 2022

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They would have stopped an SUV so I can't fault them too much. Just didn't consider anyone might still be driving a midsize sedan in America in 2022

It's a fun store, so they probably forgot that vehicles other than late-model Ford F-series exist.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

eXXon posted:

true, oversight on my part; a sane society compacts every car into a shiny cube and launches it into space

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Seems like a waste, there's probably lots of materials in a car you could turn into trains and bicycles

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Seems like a waste, there's probably lots of materials in a car you could turn into trains and bicycles

no car component is free of sin

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Posting bicycle pictures because why not

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Posting bicycle pictures because why not

if you ever bike down the c&o to DC lemme know, i'll buy you a drink and we can touch our helmets together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

if you ever bike down the c&o to DC lemme know, i'll buy you a drink and we can touch our helmets together

hell yeah, also props on knowing what trail I'm on.