Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kristen Schaal is still my top pick (for voicing the character, at least) but the podcast is really good. It's in the Unbeatable continuity and is just her and her crew doing a call in radio show, people should listen to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Klungar posted:

I don’t think most people realize she’s trans.

That’s probably true. I can picture the meltdowns when those folks realize the attractive lady is trans, omg will there be gay-panic in the air.

I’ve been a fan of hers since she got banned on Twitter for pretending to be a cookie.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Huh, I guess Klaue was as terminally online as his soundcloud mixtape suggested.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Joe Fisto posted:

I’ve been a fan of hers since she got banned on Twitter for pretending to be a cookie.

Am I outdated on some slang or did she pretend to post as a physical cookie? That seems like a stretch for a ban reason, but I respect it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Am I outdated on some slang or did she pretend to post as a physical cookie? That seems like a stretch for a ban reason, but I respect it.

She changed her account to pose as Nilla Wafers after Twitter got mad that Oreo posted something pro trans.

Since she was verified Twitter really didn't like it.

Edit: Oops. By the first 'Twitter' I meant the garbage userbase as a collective, second as the actual company.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 23, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Opopanax posted:

Kristen Schaal is still my top pick (for voicing the character, at least) but the podcast is really good. It's in the Unbeatable continuity and is just her and her crew doing a call in radio show, people should listen to it.

Kristen Schaal is great but she's like 55

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

TwoPair posted:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/DCDoomPatrol/status/1573311273894387712?t=vvLXKnIsFKOB8yLR_KvHYA&s=19

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Sep 26, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hooray!

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
just as long as she doesn't gently caress any cats while she's around, otherwise i trust the showrunners to do something interesting

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
That’s actually a pretty understandable ban.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Can I just say Nikki Ramos is a fashion icon and I want to be her.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

CapnAndy posted:

That’s actually a pretty understandable ban.

Yeah, I think I'm with Twitter on that one.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

just as long as she doesn't gently caress any cats while she's around, otherwise i trust the showrunners to do something interesting

Is that a comment on the character or the actress?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is that a comment on the character or the actress?

The character.

Her pet cat becomes a catman and she starts dating him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lady you know where that tongue has been. that's a no

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

site posted:

lady you know where that tongue has been.

She sure does!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

site posted:

lady you know where that tongue has been. that's a no

Yeah, licking pussy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Oh cool. It was always a shame Way's Doom Patrol couldn't put out more issues. Glad to see his good ideas get use.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Aphrodite posted:

The character.

Her pet cat becomes a catman and she starts dating him.

Well I mean to be fair neither of them are human.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Skwirl posted:

They cast someone as Squirrel Girl, she was gonna be on a Champions or New Warriors show that didn't get picked up and is currently voicing her on a pod cast based around Doreen Green hosting a radio call-in advice show at her college after being publicly outed as Squirrel Girl

Joe Fisto posted:

Milana Vayntrub most known for her AT&T commercials. She seems like she would’ve been a good SG.

I'm still mad the show didn't get picked up.

What could have been... :negative:

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Ahahahaha lmfao what an incredible way to get yourself banned

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Have you seen Doom Patrol? There's no way they're gonna cut that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/1574105048497487872?s=20&t=fcm7ohfKicLcbhpX5gznyA

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Alhazred posted:

Have you seen Doom Patrol? There's no way they're gonna cut that.

I would be disappointed if they didn't.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I've started Loki. The episode where Loki is trying to outsmart both the TVA and himself is very good. It's a fantastic use of the character. Loki is on his back foot but sees a big opportunity for himself, he's got two worthy opponents, he keeps spinning up and abandoning little plots and schemes to try to get the upper hand in any given moment. It's basically exactly what I'd want from a Loki show. And at the end all of time gets hosed up and a bunch of other timelines start branching off. Hell yeah, I am onboard to see what happens there. I gotta be honest, I was kinda expecting some kind of Sliders/Quantum Leap/Deathsquad Adventures type deal where Loki and the TVA desperately chase girl Loki across increasingly diverging timelines.

But instead, the next episode is just Loki and girl Loki squabbling and wandering across a barren rocky planet. The evil loki is confirmed for a pretty girl with emotions so we know that she's not actually a bad guy. The specially effects aren't great. Normally I'd say the compositing was bad but I'm pretty sure they're using that giant tv backdrop they invented for the Mandalorian, so I'm not sure what words to use. What's wild is that the Mandalorian used it for like, big open plains and stuff. But in Loki, they've almost always got a rocky cliff behind them. So they're on an alien planet that's all barren and rocky and most of the shots are constructed where there's a barren rocky wall behind them. How to achieved that is a solved problem in TV. Literally since the dawn of television TV shows have been doing that perfectly with god's greatest gift to man; the quarry. Star Trek, Doctor Who, all Tokusatsu, TV shows have been filming their alien planet scenes in quarries for longer than anyone has been alive and producing better looking results than Loki did with a 25 million dollar TV backdrop.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Gripweed posted:

Normally I'd say the compositing was bad but I'm pretty sure they're using that giant tv backdrop they invented for the Mandalorian

They did not use the Volume to film Loki. Lamentis was a gravel pit.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

howe_sam posted:

Oh. Then I guess it was just good old fashioned bad compositing. I retract my complaint.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They shot on location.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

Ah the classic Doctor Who location.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

twistedmentat posted:

Ah the classic Doctor Who location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS0bCSLx8JI

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Loki episode one: there’s an unimaginably powerful bureaucracy that manages all of existence and murders people for not following proper queuing procedure.

Loki episode four: what if that organization is evil???

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I finished Loki. Good show. Easily the strongest of the Marvel shows I've seen so far. It shocked that there was no moving pieces around for future content. Like, it just ends with "To Be Continued In Loki Season 2" while Wandavision and The Falcon And The Winter Soldier didn't have cards like that because if they did it would be like "To Be Continued In Seven Different Marvel Properties". It told a complete story in the Marvel universe. The alternate Lokis were great, a really fun bit that didn't overstay it's welcome. Main Loki is a really fun lead character when put in a crazy situation beyond his control.

My only real criticisms would be that the "free will" thing probably should have been better integrated into the rest of the show. Like, Loki's arc has basically nothing to do with it, he's mainly speedrunning the characterization his Sacred Timeline version got in the other movies. Kid Loki does have that line "whenever we try to fix ourselves we get pruned!" which would've worked great as a thing in the show instead of mainly being limited to that line and old Loki's story.

The other part that is a bit underwhelming is Sylvie. You got all these fun Lokis, and then Sylvie who is just "she's tough". They could've made her more entertaining or unique.

If I may be slightly hypocritical for a moment. I do applaud these shows being good self-contained stories in a shared universe instead of just chapters in a sprawling story. But it is funny that the immediate followup to this story was, iirc, Hawkeye. The history of the universe has changed! The very nature of reality is rewriting itself! An infinite number of the most powerful villain we have ever faced are arriving to make all or existence their battlefield! Smashcut to Hawkeye doing whatever the gently caress he does in the Hawkeye show, I literally have no idea because I've literally never seen a single person talk about the Hawkeye show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If I remember right the original pre Covid lineup was Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Black Widow, and Hawkeye first. The Widow got delayed for Covid and Hawkeye got delayed because Yelena was in it. And that makes a lot of sense since they’re all basically Endgame epilogues dealing with the fallout and grief (well and Widow which should have happened years earlier). Then you get WandaVision and Loki that are also Endgame fallout and grief but kick off the tone of Phase 4 expanding in big and weird ways.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Loki sets up like 80% of the future content for the next two phases though?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Smashcut to Hawkeye doing whatever the gently caress he does in the Hawkeye show, I literally have no idea because I've literally never seen a single person talk about the Hawkeye show.

Hawkeye is really good and is probably honestly my favorite MCU TV thing after Ms Marvel. You just don't hear people talk about it much because it largely stands on its own instead of being one of those things setting up different shows/movies. Well, okay, there's one spinoff coming, but still...

And hey, it's only a couple of months now until Hawkeye is seasonal again!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Gripweed posted:

I finished Loki. Good show. Easily the strongest of the Marvel shows I've seen so far. It shocked that there was no moving pieces around for future content. Like, it just ends with "To Be Continued In Loki Season 2" while Wandavision and The Falcon And The Winter Soldier didn't have cards like that because if they did it would be like "To Be Continued In Seven Different Marvel Properties"

That's really just because they chose to focus on Loki. If they had a title card saying "Hey here's the next place to see things" it would have been "Kang will return in probably about six movies starting with Ant-Man 3."

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Opopanax posted:

Loki sets up like 80% of the future content for the next two phases though?

Yeah but everything that happens in Loki works in service of Loki. There's no reason for that one lady to suddenly get glowy eyes in Wandavision. That does not serve Wandavision at all. It's only there to set her up for Marvels. Same with John becoming USAgen in The Falcon And The Winter Soldier. It's not for the benefit of the show it's in, it's for future Marvel content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It feels like Phase 4 has been three themes. Endgame fallout, new generation of heroes, and the big tent pole films. Everything just got all jumbled around by Covid so it hasn’t flowed as naturally as it was probably planned.

Gripweed posted:

Yeah but everything that happens in Loki works in service of Loki. There's no reason for that one lady to suddenly get glowy eyes in Wandavision. That does not serve Wandavision at all. It's only there to set her up for Marvels. Same with John becoming USAgen in The Falcon And The Winter Soldier. It's not for the benefit of the show it's in, it's for future Marvel content.

But you can easily argue the same about Kang and the entire Loki finale. And Kang literally shows up at the end of the season while at least Monica and John are big parts of their shows.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 27, 2022