Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
hang out w yr deng out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Dengs out for harambe

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
big deng energy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

FrancisFukyomama posted:

aren’t South Korean right wingers usually sycophantically loyal to the us? with the libs also being sycophants but in that more measured, decorum obsessed way

Probably like right wingers everywhere they're local sycophants until they get mad enough and suddenly they're not, but they are also massive cowards.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Dumpmaster General posted:

what's up with this anyway? Did the dumb meaningless inflation bill actually gently caress Korea over in trade or is this just Yoon trying to flex and show he's not going to be a yes-man for the west? Wasn't that something Moon got criticized for a lot?

The inflation bill narrowed the federal tax credit for electric cars down to only those made in North America. Which puts Korean automakers at a disadvantage against American and Japanese automakers.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Dumpmaster General posted:

what's up with this anyway? Did the dumb meaningless inflation bill actually gently caress Korea over in trade or is this just Yoon trying to flex and show he's not going to be a yes-man for the west? Wasn't that something Moon got criticized for a lot?

looks like the CIA budget cuts and skill retention gap went worse than expected

poopinmymouth
Mar 2, 2005

PROUD 2 B AMERICAN (these colors don't run)

Palladium posted:

"he looks smart, but is actually very stupid"

Who is this quote about?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

poopinmymouth posted:

Who is this quote about?

Gorbachev

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://twitter.com/Yaqiu/status/1573060377067274244

Didn't this guy steal funds from the government? Isn't that why he got charged? Lmfao at purged.
Purge. Her. Up.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

Deng, like Glenn, was right
https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1573572956944482305

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

wow that’s crazy that’s actually a huge milestone.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

comedyblissoption posted:

Purge. Her. Up.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
I'm urgin for a purgin!!!!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Al-Saqr posted:

wow that’s crazy that’s actually a huge milestone.

as if millions of votebrains suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

OhFunny posted:

The inflation bill narrowed the federal tax credit for electric cars down to only those made in North America. Which puts Korean automakers at a disadvantage against American and Japanese automakers.

I'm not sure it's any better for the Japanese automakers since none of the current Japanese branded EVs other than the Nissan Leaf qualify either, but relatively the Korean auto industry is much more invested in EVs and batteries (the new law also specifies that batteries and battery components must be NAFTA origin) than the Japanese automakers are, and most of the European EVs are luxury brands that are above the price cap.

SK was just upset because they didn't get a special exemption and are being treated the same as other US allies despite all their enthusiastic boot licking.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

lol this is before factoring in PPP?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

lol this is before factoring in PPP?

The word reliance on the word "median" says yes to me. 50th percentile doesn't really mean anything good outside western Europe.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Throatwarbler posted:

I'm not sure it's any better for the Japanese automakers since none of the current Japanese branded EVs other than the Nissan Leaf qualify either, but relatively the Korean auto industry is much more invested in EVs and batteries (the new law also specifies that batteries and battery components must be NAFTA origin) than the Japanese automakers are, and most of the European EVs are luxury brands that are above the price cap.

SK was just upset because they didn't get a special exemption and are being treated the same as other US allies despite all their enthusiastic boot licking.

I believe SK EV cars used Chinese made batteries because that's where most of the EV batteries are made. US just doesn't make a lot of lithium batteries.

I commute to work on an ebike. The vast majority of the ebikes are made in China and the whole industry is booming. US ebike import volumn is like tripled from 2019 to 21. I follow the price closely. I have noticed the mainstream battery capacity has increased 30-50% in the last 5 years. Once you put enough power in the drivetrain, you can make the cheaper style rear hub motor design more competitive. The Chinese ebikes have already dominated the low and mid end (1k-4k), I can see it's going to take away a huge chunk of the high end 4K+ market from the more expensive Germany middrive design in maybe 10 years. The ebike market is a microcosm of the other bigger electric vehicle markets.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/sar_kissati/status/1573198685160218628?cxt=HHwWiICx4c73j9UrAAAA

Lol

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Is this because Chinese people are getting more money or because Euros are in the negative after paying their gas bill?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Euro turned into toilet paper recently

Also eurozone includes Greeks and Portuguese too, it's not just rich Belgians and Norwegians.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Is it conspiracy brain thinking to think the World Bank letting Bataan Nuclear Power Plant - the one built on a known fault line - was intended to keep SE Asia from ever considering alternatives to Anglo petrol and coal?

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

I believe SK EV cars used Chinese made batteries because that's where most of the EV batteries are made. US just doesn't make a lot of lithium batteries.

I commute to work on an ebike. The vast majority of the ebikes are made in China and the whole industry is booming. US ebike import volumn is like tripled from 2019 to 21. I follow the price closely. I have noticed the mainstream battery capacity has increased 30-50% in the last 5 years. Once you put enough power in the drivetrain, you can make the cheaper style rear hub motor design more competitive. The Chinese ebikes have already dominated the low and mid end (1k-4k), I can see it's going to take away a huge chunk of the high end 4K+ market from the more expensive Germany middrive design in maybe 10 years. The ebike market is a microcosm of the other bigger electric vehicle markets.

If America/Europe didn't have tarrifs/not trust Chinese cars, it'd be the same thing there. Chinese evs are so good and relatively cheap it's crazy. The xpeng p5 is like 20k $ and is better than the Tesla model 3 and pretty much every way imo. Byd also has a lot of great cars. It's funny that often people in the west say "where are the cheap electric cars?" The answer is china and western governments don't let them in because they know theyd be out competed.

Same thing with Chinese phones in America too.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

this seems like a pretty big milestone

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Mirello posted:

If America/Europe didn't have tarrifs/not trust Chinese cars, it'd be the same thing there. Chinese evs are so good and relatively cheap it's crazy. The xpeng p5 is like 20k $ and is better than the Tesla model 3 and pretty much every way imo. Byd also has a lot of great cars. It's funny that often people in the west say "where are the cheap electric cars?" The answer is china and western governments don't let them in because they know theyd be out competed.

Same thing with Chinese phones in America too.

when you are getting crushed by chinese quality/$, of course the coping mechanism would be to tunnel vision on how junk the cheapest chinese products are with bonus points on racism of the thinly veiled flavor

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

President Xi......

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dang, that is impressive

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
some indian accounts saying xi got put on house arrest by the military and Chinacoup is trending now

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Honest Thief posted:

some indian accounts saying xi got put on house arrest by the military and Chinacoup is trending now

how much is the market rate for a container vessel full of salt

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Honest Thief posted:

trust the plan

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Speaking of whom, apparently all those rumors were spread by Falun Gong. Lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson can you perform a citizens arrest of the hoodlums spreading these rumors?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/Karl_Was_Right/status/1573712375798120450

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
apropos of nothing, according to the latest Arab youth survey Russia and China have higher approval ratings than America does, and yes this includes American bastions like the Gulf countries, it looks like Syria and Ukraine didn’t put that big a dent in Russias reputation, Iran definitely caught all the flak instead of Russia.

https://twitter.com/alibakeer/status/1573586491007188995?s=46&t=3ai9FOfJpmAouhs7iuAXXw

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
lmfao at britain and turkey being seen as allies

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/pradeep_indiaa/status/1573635247081521153?s=20

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Really want to know who won the Korean war on this map