Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Drinkslinger posted:

I've had this idea in my head for two days and I don't care if it's already been done

https://imgur.com/uQJbF2x :nws:

Zedd posted:

I knew what this was going to be and I still appreciate you for making it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I'm so used to the foragers in my life thoroughly explaining all the details to identify every mushroom they wish to cook for others, I wouldn't trust anyone who doesn't at this point. I'd refuse to eat those chucklefucks food too.

Yeah, I think the bigger problem was being passive about it and giving a dumb non-confrontational excuse. "I'm bringing my own sealed food because I love ya, but you morons have showed you lack basic survival skills, and I can't be sure you won't feed me mayonnaise you left on a radiator or chicken sashimi," not "my tummy doesn't get rumbly until later"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm just thinking that "tech analyst" means "reviews phones" and I can't really think of any other possible use for the term outside of like, a game of xcom.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
But yeah looking at that shanley person's twitter it's really clear they're just incredibly mentally ill and hopefully getting some treatment. It makes the funny tweets kinda sad.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/isthtmus/status/1572735663338049537?t=4vDZT8aVVxIntpwYJlUwdg&s=19

There's some good ones in the replies too.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

lol

has anyone ever tried making food? just like, regular food?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I'm so used to the foragers in my life thoroughly explaining all the details to identify every mushroom they wish to cook for others, I wouldn't trust anyone who doesn't at this point. I'd refuse to eat those chucklefucks food too.
Best to just stick to berries that have the same form as raspberries/blackberries. Beyond that, look but don't touch. My kid is in the mindset of "come look at this cool mushroom!" then once she's shown it off, she stomps all over it.
Trying to get her to use a camera instead. It's a work in progress.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
My read on 'tech analyst' is that it's one of those completely arbitrarily-named roles in tech development that technically does have a codified list of responsibilities, but is mostly just named that so that it puts a more important label on something typically seen as low-rent.

She's probably a tester focused on minimum system requirements or sonething.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

“Tech analyst” is a buzz term created by people in those positions to desperately make it sound like they contribute to something, similar to “forum moderator” or “tv repairman”

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Knormal posted:

She's 35? drat I always got like early 20's common time for a mental illness to emerge vibes from her.

I am not diagnosing anyone with anything, but a lot of serious mental illnesses have a typically later onset for women than for men.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

oldpainless posted:

“Tech analyst” is a buzz term created by people in those positions to desperately make it sound like they contribute to something, similar to “forum moderator” or “tv repairman”

Business consultant

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Business consultant

Business consultant is cool though because you can charge 70k to tell a room full of adults “if you make your meetings shorter by 15 minutes then you can do 15 more minutes of work and thus increase productivity”

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/Sathnam/status/1573671708153860101

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Just sleepwalking into the Berlin Conference of 1884 and tripping and accidentally signing the treaty that divided up Africa for colonisation.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That title is :discourse:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/Effiedeans/status/1573631348190986241

:thermidor:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I mean, if you haven't noticed it already the wealthy and entrenched in the US/UK over the last two years have really amped up the "You're a peasant; be grateful for the gruel" messages and trying to desperately walk back nearly a full century of lifestyle creep.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
That's just a variant on "let them eat cake"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, that whole "quiet quitting" (aka, doing the job you were hired for, not someone else's job also) was kinda insane too.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/StucknDaMid/status/1572659045273829377

Oh great, this bonehead wants PMCs in school.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

“Would it not be better if they spent more money on wholesome things like oranges and wholemeal bread or if they even, like the writer of the letter to the New Statesman, saved on fuel and ate their carrots raw? Yes, it would, but the point is that no ordinary human being is ever going to do such a thing. The ordinary human being would sooner starve than live on brown bread and raw carrots. And the peculiar evil is this, that the less money you have, the less inclined you feel to spend it on wholesome food. A millionaire may enjoy breakfasting off orange juice and Ryvita biscuits; an unemployed man doesn't. Here the tendency of which I spoke at the end of the last chapter comes into play. When you are unemployed, which is to say when you are underfed, harassed, bored, and miserable, you don't want to eat dull wholesome food. You want something a little bit 'tasty'. There is always some cheaply pleasant thing to tempt you.”

I challenge this person to eat nothing but oatmeal for all of their meals until they've consumed 1 kg of oatmeal.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Voilà, enjoy your oat paste. :dumbbravo:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Nebrilos posted:

I challenge this person to eat nothing but oatmeal for all of their meals until they've consumed 1 kg of oatmeal.

These are brits, oatmeal is the peak culinary experience on that island

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

My Spirit Otter posted:

Please. There's also Yorkshire pudding, and haggis.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Unlike the indulgent American, the resourceful Briton makes use of every part of the animal so that nothing may go to waste.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

B33rChiller posted:

Please. There's also Yorkshire pudding, and haggis.

oatmeal is a major ingredient in haggis

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Oatmeal might be too spicy for that particular brit.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

oatmeal is a major ingredient in haggis
I didn't say oatmeal wasn't important. Just that there are a few different, organ meat filled ways to enjoy it in the uk

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Voilà, enjoy your oat paste. :dumbbravo:

I 100% know the venn diagram for the "THE LIBS WILL MAKE US EAT BUGS" and the "JUST BUY A BAG OF RICE AND EAT NOTHING BUT IT FOR SIX MONTHS, POORS" crowds is a pure circle

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dumpmaster General posted:

I 100% know the venn diagram for the "THE LIBS WILL MAKE US EAT BUGS" and the "JUST BUY A BAG OF RICE AND EAT NOTHING BUT IT FOR SIX MONTHS, POORS" crowds is a pure circle
Also a pure circle with "What you filthy subhumans think we have any responsibility for you as your betters in this system? Think again! Adapt or die parasites" and "What do you mean we don't have enough labor to harvest, process, package, prepare, and deliver all our poo poo? Just hit them harder!"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Dumpmaster General posted:

I know someone who did that and he got really sick after a while.

Turns out a human body needs to eat more than soggy grass to thrive.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I know someone who did that and he got really sick after a while.

Turns out a human body needs to eat more than soggy grass to thrive.

Sounds like he lacks the entrepreneurial attitude that's needed to get ahead in today's society! We've got no room for work-shy shirkers like that!

Hexaoct
May 1, 2007

Love me some 190 calorie "meals".

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
"Poor people deserve nice things sometimes" produces an incredible amount of rage for such a bland sentence. A Pharaoh's Serpent of hate spewing out of the thought of a poor person having a beer, or getting to see the ocean.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Knormal posted:

She's 35? drat I always got like early 20's common time for a mental illness to emerge vibes from her.

One of those faildaughter womanchildren who clearly never really managed to make any progression or real acknowledgement that it's not Obama's first term anymore, and she has no actual marketable skills beyond (I presume) rich parents and networking with other terminally online failchildren.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

B33rChiller posted:

I didn't say oatmeal wasn't important. Just that there are a few different, organ meat filled ways to enjoy it in the uk

Yep black pudding too, oatmeal was the base 'filler' for lots of 'peasant' foods.

I was so revolted at the idea of black pudding as a child I never tried it until I was well into my 20s. loving delicious, all those years missing out.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

My Spirit Otter posted:

can we not do this when the context is that the country is loving starving

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
That sounds serious, maybe they could ask Ireland for some tips?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

"Poor people deserve nice things sometimes" produces an incredible amount of rage for such a bland sentence. A Pharaoh's Serpent of hate spewing out of the thought of a poor person having a beer, or getting to see the ocean.
And god forbid they own a phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Vib Rib posted:

And god forbid they own a phone.

Papers still use the 'flat screen tv' line as a sign of wealth despite that being the only type of TV you've been able to buy for about 2 decades now.