Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Yeah I won't be running out to upgrade that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
I wish the e91 had an upgrade...

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Dumb question, what's the difference between "OE" and "OEM" on fcp euro?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Sab669 posted:

Dumb question, what's the difference between "OE" and "OEM" on fcp euro?

OE means Original Equipment, which the car came with from the factory. OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer which is who made the aprt that was put on in the factory. So if Bosch made a part for BMW, the factory installed a Bosch part with BMW branding on it. Bosch makes that same part but without the BMW logo or with the BMW logo scratched off. That's how it was when I bought my Ate wheel speed sensors. They were exactly the same as what was on my car, but with gouge marks where the BMW logos were on the original parts.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
BMW et al refer to themselves as OEMs despite not being OEMs, because it's been the accepted standard definition for a long while.

The original definition of OEM would be Intel as part of a fully-built retail PC being sold

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

The charge pipe on my 135i just broke and I'm stuck in Eureka, California where nobody has a replacement in stock.

I've been advised against driving it like this as the turbo could over spool but is there any sort of temporary fix I could do to get to civilization?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

After waking up early in search of a nice bit of road to see if the leaves are changing colors I can say that everyone should buy an M3. I found that I was able to see changing leaves in my M3 and it was the kind of thing everyone else should enjoy.

If you're questioning whether or not to buy an M3 your answer is "I should buy an M3"

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

Gangringo posted:

The charge pipe on my 135i just broke and I'm stuck in Eureka, California where nobody has a replacement in stock.

I've been advised against driving it like this as the turbo could over spool but is there any sort of temporary fix I could do to get to civilization?

That’s out there. How broken? Could you cover it with a piece of thick rubber hose and a couple clamps to limp to the nearest parts department?

Maybe research if staying out of boost keeps you out trouble?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

After waking up early in search of a nice bit of road to see if the leaves are changing colors I can say that everyone should buy an M3. I found that I was able to see changing leaves in my M3 and it was the kind of thing everyone else should enjoy.

If you're questioning whether or not to buy an M3 your answer is "I should buy an M3"

The best family car and I won’t be convinced otherwise. Unless it’s an E91 M3 conversion.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

Gangringo posted:

Did it just break at the connection to the throttle body so it won't stay seated, or blow to smithereens? If the former, slide it back on the TB, duck tape the poo poo out of it and limp it home staying out of boost - low rpms, low throttle position.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

That’s out there. How broken? Could you cover it with a piece of thick rubber hose and a couple clamps to limp to the nearest parts department?

Maybe research if staying out of boost keeps you out trouble?

The flange that connects to the engine is mostly blown off and the hose clamp is gone. A better friend than I deserve is picking up the part in the bay area and driving up here.

I drove it uneventfully for quite a while since it happened even further out in the boonies but the service advisor that just happened to be at the closed BMW dealership here said he wouldn't recommend driving it further since it can over spool the turbo.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
Glad you’re getting it fixed. Many beers or coffee for your friend.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Gangringo posted:

Seems resolved, but if n54, I’m nearly certain you could unplug the vacuum line from the solenoid, let 30FF pop and drive NA the whole way home.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Somewhat Heroic posted:

:perfect:

Amen brother

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

MY INEVITABLE DEBT posted:

almost died today in my roommates bimmer. i assume because his tires are ancient and he doesnt realize it despite being a mechanic

holy poo poo lmao

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect iDrive 7 to home wifi? Or does it have to use the cell connection?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

In case anyone else is curious, the answer is no. You cannot connect it to home wifi.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Just got an Active Autowerke non-resonated equal length midpipe for my M2C to wake up the S55 a bit - It's very, very silly now - here's a crappy vid I took right after had it installed today (really didn't feel like doing this on jackstands) - I'll post some more videos this weekend when I go rip it around some back roads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL81aoTbnBE

I only drove it around town but I was giggling the entire time, should have done this a year ago when I got the car!

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-bmw-325-it/

My weekly :negative: for a BMW wagon auction.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Wow, my Dad got a clean 2006 330 convertible for less than that. Off BaT even.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

There's a sick techno violet E36 on C&B

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Do we exist in a world without $22k M3’s that aren’t worth having?

Or just find a first gen X3 with a manual. There are like 10 dorks in the world that will be so excited over your long roofed automatic slomöbil.

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
what if you are the dork though

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
That wagon is what gen x moms thought was cool

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

That wagon is what gen x moms thought was cool

no way they all thought that the X5 was cool

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Do we exist in a world without $22k M3’s that aren’t worth having?

Sorry I'm not going to take the time to parse this.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-bmw-325xi-sport-wagon/

If you can live with 10X,XXX miles, there's a little more meat on the bone with this one at 5 hours to go. $7600

E: 1600veloce moves a LOT of wagons through BaT, so this one might even be pretty well sorted.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

glyph posted:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-bmw-325xi-sport-wagon/

If you can live with 10X,XXX miles, there's a little more meat on the bone with this one at 5 hours to go. $7600

E: 1600veloce moves a LOT of wagons through BaT, so this one might even be pretty well sorted.

He also has a rep for some sketch ones, repaints/hiding body repairs/etc. e90 post is skeptical of his stuff after a few questionable auctions. But you are correct in that his target market is enthusiast spec stuff, primarily wagons

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
https://twitter.com/on_da_spectrum/status/1578880202322550785?s=46&t=i0YeFCkivEkYgTxiEEDjEw

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

BAT seems like it exists now more to serve speculators than enthusiasts.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Last year I put the MK60 ABS from a 2004 M3 into my Miata and wrote a guide on how to set it to use M3 CSL logic / parameters.

Terry of Vorshlag started playing with the MK60 this year and was complaining on Facebook that the units have a 1.15g max braking limit, which seemed to be backed up by data from a couple of other people.

I recorded 1.4g on RT660s in my Miata with the CSL params, so I wrote him a config file and walked him through setting the CSL stuff on one of his units in a C6 Corvette. He is going out to test now, kinda exciting to see things moving along with respect to these units, the knowledge on them has been kept very private until now.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 13, 2022

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

That is extremely cool wow

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Lol, this was him testing just now on some brand new tires that still had mold release on them. Guess its legit.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Hey thread. I occasionally pop in here and talk about how much I miss my Titanium Silver Metallic E46 330Ci.

https://reading.craigslist.org/cto/d/allentown-bmw-330ci-coupe-speed-owned/7544859518.html

Am I about to make a horrible decision? This would not be my daily driver. I"d garage it until our brief summers in Upstate NY. The car is in Allentown PA

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Hey thread. I occasionally pop in here and talk about how much I miss my Titanium Silver Metallic E46 330Ci.

https://reading.craigslist.org/cto/d/allentown-bmw-330ci-coupe-speed-owned/7544859518.html

Am I about to make a horrible decision? This would not be my daily driver. I"d garage it until our brief summers in Upstate NY. The car is in Allentown PA

The picture of the odometer says 127456 but the ad says 124468...so maybe?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
that seller deserves your phone call just because they put some drat effort into their listing.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

TheWevel posted:

The picture of the odometer says 127456 but the ad says 124468...so maybe?
He sent me the car fax. The 124k looks like the last service in May.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Keyser_Soze posted:

that seller deserves your phone call just because they put some drat effort into their listing.

Seller also put decent tires on the car (DWS 06s). Definitely worth a call if you're interested in it: seems like a well taken care of car.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Put me solidly in the camp that you'd have a hard time finding a marginally better one without paying a shitload more.

Is it close to you?

Screenshots for posterity (phone posting, so apologies if huge):

E: what the gently caress happened to imgur?

glyph fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 14, 2022

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

It's about 3.5 hours away the problem is my work schedule is going to be literally insane next week, I absolutely cannot take a day off and I leave on vacation a week from tomorrow and I'm out of town for work this weekend, so it's not looking good unless I buy it sight unseen and he'll hold it for me for 2 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

As long as the underside doesn’t look like rusty colored corn flakes I’d say that is a solid deal.