Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Welp.

Time for Jaquan Johnson and Damar Hamlin, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Week 3 and only the slot corner is a starter on the secondary.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think the Bills will just score more points to compensate.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, all this has me thinking is "can Tua win two shootouts in a row"

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I have kind of lost sight of Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs's total absence from the injury report.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, all this has me thinking is "can Tua win two shootouts in a row"

Evidence has shown just keep it within one score and you’ll beat the Bills

Let it get away from you and you’ll suffer an epic beatdown

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Willpa11/status/1573858047545540609

lol motherfucker

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Already deleted whatever it was

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bellmaker posted:

Already deleted whatever it was

"Per source Donald Trump did in fact call Robert Saleh and congratulate him on the win over the Browns."

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you just have to laugh at these injuries

three weeks in and they're missing the #1 CB, the #2 CB, the top two safeties, and the #1/#3 DT for sure. and it might get worse

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Raku posted:

I thought Florida couldn't get any trashier but then a crop of snowbirds came in before they were old and ripe

I mean i get it but the nice difference between here and Alabama is that there’s at least a beach to justify going without a shirt

I also, as a true Canadian who drives across the rider annually, love Buffalo, and think the fact they’ve got fools willing to come down here and blow tons of money to support their team is super dope so i will defend them

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m also crazy biased towards Buffalo since they drafted Kaiir. Abe is already down in Miami at a rented condo he got 3 days ago to discuss coverages with him. It’s how I know he’s going to be a superstar one day and Buffalo drafted a beast.

It’s filthy. And I love it….But I pray to have to console my close friend about his sons performance tomorrow lmao

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Covid and Desantis response to it made Florida 10x shittier than it already was. Luckily for Buffalo, it rid them of a lot of shitheads.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

Covid and Desantis response to it made Florida 10x shittier than it already was. Luckily for Buffalo, it rid them of a lot of shitheads.

Roughly 2 million from the NE alone moved to Florida since 2019

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Bills have lots of fans who live in other states like me. WNY doesn't have a great economy so that scatters people out.

TheBizzness posted:

Luckily for Buffalo, it rid them of a lot of shitheads.

That's a harsh term for nursing home residents.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

pasaluki posted:

That's a harsh term for nursing home residents.

Since it’s like 30% of Floridas population I feel comfortable saying:

No, it isn’t.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

TheBizzness posted:

Since it’s like 30% of Floridas population I feel comfortable saying:

No, it isn’t.

lol touche

Well one things for sure they dead af just like the Bills defense

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/MikeCatalana/status/1573894598426087425

On the upside, it sounds like Gabe will be playing.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I mean Bills fans should probably not be worried. Miami hasn't stopped anyone but Matt Patricia so far and Josh Allen doesn't have to worry about Von Miller so they've got a definite advantage

I would take the over unless it's insane though

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Raku posted:

I mean Bills fans should probably not be worried. Miami hasn't stopped anyone but Matt Patricia so far and Josh Allen doesn't have to worry about Von Miller so they've got a definite advantage

I would take the over unless it's insane though

Miami's D was quite good in spurts, they got a ton of short stops, the issue was big plays. If buffalo can't drove people into the box with Allen or the run game, they might not hit as many big plays

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bills by a billion.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sweet

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1573988699427291137

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Dolphins haven’t stopped anyone yet except half their opponents is such a weird take.

We getting roasted today but still.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I'm gonna be disappointed by anything less than a win. This is the best case scenario we're gonna get against the Bills. Playing at home, coming off a big win, and the Bills secondary are all hurt. Dolphins need to win this. No moral victories.

That being said if the Dolphins get blown out again it will be utterly devastating and would put us back to square one.

I'm just a little bit nervous for this game :ohdear:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I'll believe it when I see him on the field. If the Jets ever won today the NY media is going to be shot out of a cannon too lol.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Still trying to decide if I become a "wow, this game was like the Super Bowl for the Dolphins" guy or a "as we know, nothing from Week Three ever changes" guy if Miami wins.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

fsif posted:

Still trying to decide if I become a "wow, this game was like the Super Bowl for the Dolphins" guy or a "as we know, nothing from Week Three ever changes" guy if Miami wins.

both can be true

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1574040781991575553

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

is pepsi ok posted:

I'm gonna be disappointed by anything less than a win. This is the best case scenario we're gonna get against the Bills. Playing at home, coming off a big win, and the Bills secondary are all hurt. Dolphins need to win this. No moral victories.

That being said if the Dolphins get blown out again it will be utterly devastating and would put us back to square one.

I'm just a little bit nervous for this game :ohdear:

just assume we’re gonna lose and then if we win you can be extra happy!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Warren Sharp's website had an interesting bit from a somewhat obsolete article:
https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/betting/nfl-week-3-picks-best-bets-ats-kevin-kelley/

quote:

I will say that I found some interesting information on Allen versus the blitz. While he is getting better, he still has some major deficiencies when teams bring six or more and Miami is the team that is most likely to do that. Allen tends to dump the ball of short at a higher percentage than normal when most probably think he would buy time scrambling and throw it down the field. Allen is 1-for-4 this year against six-man blitzes with 2.0 yards per attempt. No quarterback saw more six-man blitzes than Allen (65) in 2021.

The difference between five guys coming after you and six is amazing. Allen recognizes that even he has a hard time getting away from that many pass rushers. Allen will have plenty of opportunities to throw downfield against the man-to-man defense and usually that equates to a lower completion percentage but a higher yards per completion than normal.

I think that kind of explains why he's very hit or miss vs. Miami and why the defense probably was better than it looked on paper w/ re: to wide swathes of time where the Bills didn't really do much offensively last year- heavier blitzes hurt Allen, and what allowed him to overcome that was in no small part is that Miami couldn't do anything on offense and let him keep getting the ball back with zero urgency.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

TheBizzness posted:

The Dolphins haven’t stopped anyone yet except half their opponents is such a weird take.

We getting roasted today but still.

Hell, the second half of the Ravens game was fine, too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/woodyjohnson4/status/1574047967799025666

This is loving deranged lol

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The 2005 Xbox demo disc music playing over it killed me

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

lmao is this some kind of marketing scheme from Lockheed Martin to get the US to buy jets for Ukraine?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

lol

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/thadbrown7/status/1574042616601141249

Von Miller turning up to murder Tua.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Remember when politicizing football and movies was a bad thing?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

is pepsi ok posted:

Remember when politicizing football and movies was a bad thing?

The NFL has always done this militaristic poo poo and imagery and chuds have always been fine with it.

https://twitter.com/antwanstaley/status/1574059216410759171
Bryce Huff should be playing in this game.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The dimmest minds don't understand how that's political.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBillsPR/status/1574058889934508032

No Poyer, Morse, Oliver or Philips.
Davis back in, Shakir out.
Game debuts for Prince Emili, Ingram,

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 25, 2022