Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does anyone know how wide the galaxy explorer is once it’s built? Mentally trying to figure out how I’m gonna display yet another big set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's about 13 inches wide by 20 inches long.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

xzzy posted:

It's about 13 inches wide by 20 inches long.

Sweet thanks

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Image of the UCS Razor Crest leaked.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/xjsfby/the_ucs_razor_crest/

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Looks good, but not $600 good

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Yeah the playset one is canon for me now, I mean this one is way more accurate but after having the old one on a shelf for years at this point it feels weird to look at the accurate model :v: Guess this is an easy pass for me especially at that price. Phew

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

RatHat posted:

Looks good, but not $600 good

Yeah, you could get the castle and the 2023 modular. Assuming they don't go crazy on that one.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I didn't like the smaller Razor Crest, but this one looks great. I wonder how big it's going to be, but seeing Mando in the cockpit, I'm going to assume it's not larger than the Slave 1.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It absolutely dwarfs the slave 1.

I'm glad I don't like Disney SW nearly enough to want that. Don't get me wrong I like Mandalorian, just not to the point that I'd buy big sets from it. It looks awesome though. Ay OT set that good would be super tempting.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

veni veni veni posted:

It absolutely dwarfs the slave 1.

I'm glad I don't like Disney SW nearly enough to want that. Don't get me wrong I like Mandalorian, just not to the point that I'd buy big sets from it. It looks awesome though. Ay OT set that good would be super tempting.
That was my thought. I know Mandalorian is popular, but does it have enough die hard fans that will drop 600 on a set?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Lightailing is having a big sale if anyone is interested in getting in on a lighting kit.
5th Year Anniversary Sale 50% Off
Code: 22LT50
See below for the date/time

treetheheavy
Mar 28, 2005

Anyone have any experience with those light kits? I'd like to at least light the cinema, but you know. not even sure which of the options they offer is best.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

treetheheavy posted:

Anyone have any experience with those light kits? I'd like to at least light the cinema, but you know. not even sure which of the options they offer is best.

Check out my posts about my experience, I'll probably buy another kit at 50% off.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&noseen=1&postid=525792969#post525792969
"If I remember correctly Tron was not bad, ECTO was a bit harder, Dr Who sucked."

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
What's the current bonus sets for buying a certain amount in USA?

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
Children's amusement park is free if you spend over $90, deal ends tomorrow.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
So I've discovered why Lego doesn't use more transparent stickers for the Speed Champions cars: it's because transparent stickers look like rear end.

Unless you apply the stickers extremely carefully, without absolutely no touching them on the adhesive side, and with no moving around, the glue will get smeared around and ruin them. Every glued area that you touch or move around will become more white than transparent and it will look terrible.

And even if you do it perfectly, they will still look pretty bad because glue is by its nature never completely even.

The exception is on brightly coloured surfaces (the yellow Toyota Supra looks fine), probably because the difference between transparent and semi-transparent is just harder to see on bright backgrounds. But on my dark cars (the dark red corvette and the purple dodge), the transparent stickers were hell to apply and look 10 times worse than even the worst colour-matched stickers on my other cars.

It's also ok on stickers that have only very small transparent parts (like grilles and poo poo), but non-transparent stickers with decent but not perfect colour matching would probably work just as well there. But for big surfaces, I would be glad never to see another transparent sticker again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it just occured to me how perfect Dom's charger would be to mod into a Mad Max Interceptor

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Mini Parisian is complete!

I was pretty happy with it until I realized I made the dumpster lid light gray when it should be dark gray, so actually it's a complete failure of a model

veni veni veni posted:

it just occured to me how perfect Dom's charger would be to mod into a Mad Max Interceptor
K MP did that a a straight-up B model!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
If it helps, the dumpsters are owned by the dumpster company not the resutrant so they can change.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You gotta put those up on technic blocks so you can snap them together in various configurations.

Kinda like those toys r us bricktober mini modulars.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Carbohydrates posted:

No frogs, 2/10.

Kidding, looks great!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I desire that streetcar

https://twitter.com/lego_group/status/1572937568802455554

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

xzzy posted:

You gotta put those up on technic blocks so you can snap them together in various configurations.

Kinda like those toys r us bricktober mini modulars.
So the placement of the technic bricks that would match the other 10230 buildings does not work with our layout, so I omitted them from this build, but it WAS designed with them in mind. They can be dropped right in without issue.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The moment I saw it, my heartstrings went "zing zing zing"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The real question is will it be available Black Friday when they drop the Xmas GWP or will it be sold out again?

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

tomapot posted:

Lightailing is having a big sale if anyone is interested in getting in on a lighting kit.

Thanks for this, ill have to see what they have for kits I own and want to upgrade with lighting and lightailing's kits were good enough compared to the others I've used.
(I already have lights on ~11 kits with a few other lights on reserve)

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Carbohydrates posted:

I was pretty happy with it until I realized I made the dumpster lid light gray when it should be dark gray, so actually it's a complete failure of a model

K MP did that a a straight-up B model!

Just perfect!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
remember when you're building the tallneck to leave this single piece floating by your finished model

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
https://twitter.com/Prime_Athena/status/1571620138264174594

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
One of the greatest MOCs I've ever seen.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/velocites/52376938480/

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's ok. I guess.

I mean if you are into highly detailed and colorful MOCs that look like pieces of art. But have you seen this one:

That's probably my favorite.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Oven Wrangler

tomapot posted:

Picked up a couple kits, definitely the 50% off made it worth while. Don’t think I’d get the Home Alone set otherwise.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’ve been interested in these kits for a while, so a sales is a good time as any to try! I got Home Alone and the Boutique Hotel.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

I ended up getting the Hogwarts one. I've bought a few of the other smaller ones and feel like some of the smaller sets, like the busts, are ones I could use to learn how to make my own.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Holy guacamole :aaa:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

xzzy posted:

That's why I dig the creator expert cars. Every year they rely more on a technic chassis with a bunch of play features, buried under a gorgeous snot shell. To me that's as good as lego gets.

I know what you mean, but I’m lollin’ at the phrase “gorgeous snot shell” out of context.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I thought about that when I typed the post, left it in like that intentionally because it's funny.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Finally finished the big LEGO Castle. It's amazing. I didn't think anything could ever compete with Pirates of Barracuda Bay, but drat this set is excellent.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Got the doll that's the same scale as the set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Boco_T posted:

Got the doll that's the same scale as the set

Lego and the SHFiguarts Lupin figure... I see you're a man of culture as well.