Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Evil Willow posted:

I’m (25F) straight, but my best friend (24F) keeps making comments that the way how I present myself is bisexual

Fandom has rotted this lady's brain so badly. I'm surprised she can walk and talk of her own volition. Or she needs to get laid REAL bad and stop crushing on the cishet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

therobit posted:

I’m gonna say that while what the 15 year old kid did was a discreet lovely act, the Dad and step-mom are the assholes for turning their home into a group home and adopting 7 kids when there are also two bio children there. I loving guarantee you that the bio kids are not getting gifts, choice snack food, and attention like the adopted 15 year old is and the bio 15 year old is obviously jealous. The parents are probably ignoring the bio kids in favor of adopting a million foster kids (probably for the money). This is not meant as a dig against people who foster or adopt a reasonable number of kids, but at a certain point you can’t do right by all of them.

In their 12 bedroom home with 4 full time nannies? I'm not sure that I'd take that bet.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I wonder if all the skinheads of the world know that pegged jeans means you’re bisexual.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I feel like if the kid was being neglected he absolutely would have mentioned in the post but all he complains about are the very reasonable boundaries the new kid has.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Evil Willow posted:

I’m (25F) straight, but my best friend (24F) keeps making comments that the way how I present myself is bisexual

therobit posted:

Your friend is in love with you. If not bi, say Bye Bye. Actually since you have a boyfriend , just separate yourself whether you are bi or not. It will be better for both of you if she’s not sticking around as a Nice Girl. You can pick back up once she’s dating someone else.

I thought this too, but the OP tells a different story in the comments. And it's... weird.

OP posted:

I don’t think she’s into me because she’s stated many times that “I wouldn’t date you if you were queer/bisexual.” And, she’s also mentioned that me being straight “is a choice.” And “are you sure you’re definitely straight?” I’ve tried laughing it off, leaning into it, but even with all that and her knowing absolutely that I’m straight - I’m sort of uncertain how to proceed.

OP posted:

I think what really gets to me more than her undermining my sexuality and questioning, I guess literally everything, is that somehow I’m “queer baiting.” Like, she’s stated that if someone who’s bi were to walk up to me in a bar, club, or something and started talking to me, that my choice of dress and drink and etc. immediately signals that I’m bi/queer, even when I’m not trying to. I’m just dressing how I like, as you mentioned.

OP posted:

It’s more of - she keeps bringing up that how I dress, choice of food/drink, etc. indicates to her and might indicate to someone else that I’m bi/queer - and how that’s a problem for the community because I’m being someone I’m not. Even though I’m being authentic to myself, and my style, and all that.

Her friend sounds like she's on the skew.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Quackles posted:

I thought this too, but the OP tells a different story in the comments. And it's... weird.

Her friend sounds like she's on the skew.

I've known people like this. The only way is to :sever:.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

therobit posted:

I wonder if all the skinheads of the world know that pegged jeans means you’re bisexual.

Depends which way the peg is pointing, in or out.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Evil Willow posted:

I didn't realize the schoolyard rules from the 90s were actually accepted code signals. Remind me again which ear getting pierced means you're gay?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Quackles posted:

I don’t think she’s into me because she’s stated many times that “I wouldn’t date you if you were queer/bisexual.”

Unless...?

OP needs to get rid of the bi nice girl before she decides to step up the harassment.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for refusing to give my boyfriend a percentage of my raise just because he "predicted it"?

just... what

Oh loving boy this is giving me flashbacks to my girlfriends' ex. He pointed a mutual friend of theirs at a website where you can upload animal videos and the like, and several years later the site approached that friend to pay them for one of their videos to use professionally! One thousand whole smackaroonies!
So he, of course, felt he was entitled to that money. Because if you think about it it's his in the first place, for pointing them at the website, else they would never have had a place to upload the video and then later get paid for it. When said friend rightfully told him to go pound sand he cut all contact with them and tried (and failed) to get girlfriend to do the same.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

This from pages way back, but how dare you confuse cannonball run with Smokey and the bandit? :colbert:

Cannonball run was the race across America, yes, but Smokey and the bandit was about bootlegging coors from Texarkana to Atlanta.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for telling my GF to get rid of her creepy dummy?

quote:

My (22M) girlfriend (21F) loves horror. She told me about three months ago that she read Goosebumps in elementary school and it sparked a lifelong interest in horror, and that when she was a kid, all she ever wanted for birthdays/Christmas was a replica of Slappy, a creepy ventriloquist dummy. I'm kind of a wimp about that stuff, and I think the dummy thing is frankly insane, but I like her enough to ignore it.

Until last week, her birthday, when her mother bought her a Slappy replica (she's afraid of dummies, hence why she never got it for her as a kid). My GF was thrilled. You would have thought her mom had handed her the keys to a Tesla with the way she was acting. She was literally crying with happiness- when she saw the expensive necklace I got her, she just said thank you.

She's totally obsessed with the dummy. Her roommate thinks it's hilarious, and she carries it around her apartment like a teddy bear and even sleeps with it in her bed. I kind of snapped last night when I went over and she was holding the dummy when I answered the door. I told her it was creepy and she was being weird about it, and she needed to get rid of it. I'll admit I raised my voice a little bit.

My GF started crying, and her roommate told me to leave. Roommate and friends have been texting me, saying I'm not supporting her and the dummy is harmless. GF herself hasn't reached out to me. So AITA?

quote:

LMAO Matt did you seriously not think either of us would see this post? You only learned about this subreddit because V showed you some of the posts here in an attempt to get you to engage in any of her interests. Makes sense that you only care about it when it could benefit you. Idk whether this is some passive-aggressive power move to get V to text you back or if you're just that desperate for someone to agree with you, but either way I don't think it's working out like you hoped. Certainly works well for me since now I don't have to worry about biting my tongue for her sake.

quote:

Until last week, her birthday, when her mother bought her a Slappy replica (she's afraid of dummies, hence why she never got it for her as a kid). My GF was thrilled. You would have thought her mom had handed her the keys to a Tesla with the way she was acting. She was literally crying with happiness- when she saw the expensive necklace I got her, she just said thank you.

Of course she was excited! It's something that she had wanted for years, and the fact that it came from her mom also made it special since she hates the thing. And you can act all wounded about her not being as thrilled about the necklace, but we both know that you're intentionally leaving out the fact that V fuckin told you previously that she doesn't like wearing jewelry, she doesn't like how a lot of it looks she has sensory problems with it. And no one asked you to spend a thousand dollars on a necklace that looks like the amazon logo for a girl you've been with for >7 months dude, to be honest it was just kind of weird.

quote:

I kind of snapped last night when I went over and she was holding the dummy when I answered the door. I told her it was creepy and she was being weird about it, and she needed to get rid of it. I'll admit I raised my voice a little bit.

"Kind of" "a little bit" you blew up. The people from across the way came to check in on us after you left because of you yelling. Rather than talking to your girlfriend and expressing your reservations like a normal person, you bottled it up and then let it out on her with no warning.

I know for sure that V is done with you, but honestly for the sake of your future relationships I hope that you grow the gently caress up and learn to communicate without alerting everyone in the building of your issues. Also, get better taste, Goosebumps is awesome. YTA.

Edit: We're having fun watching goosebumps with Slappy https://imgur.com/a/5KXLk4k

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Evil Willow posted:

All this, but don't sleep on:
"You would have thought her mom had handed her the keys to a Tesla with the way she was acting."

:lmao:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Absurd Alhazred posted:

All this, but don't sleep on:
"You would have thought her mom had handed her the keys to a Tesla with the way she was acting."

:lmao:

If my mom handed me the keys to a Tesla then I would know she wanted me dead.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

therobit posted:

She gave her a potentially possessed dummy, don't write that possibility off.

Borosilicate
Aug 26, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Broken up with over Reddit, that rules lol

What a piece of poo poo

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

therobit posted:

oh come on it's really not that bad! if you get trapped in the flaming Tesla because the batteries are on fire and the door won't open because the batteries aren't working all you have to do is grab your trusty crowbar pry open the side hatch of the door untangle the wires and yank on the green one. then with all your might push that motherfucker open.

and if you die in the fire it's because you did it wrong.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Evil Willow posted:

quote:

And no one asked you to spend a thousand dollars on a necklace that looks like the amazon logo for a girl you've been with for >7 months dude, to be honest it was just kind of weird.

lmao

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
AITA for refusing to do little chores and errands every time I declare I’m going somewhere?

quote:

So I’ve been married four years or so. Things generally great, couple kids, got a house, work stable yadayada.

But my wife has started to do this thing in the last couple of years, which I’m starting to find really, REALLY irritating.

Whenever I announce I’m going somewhere, my wife will, almost invariably, find me a task or a small errand while I’m out. It’s often fairly reasonable small stuff that doesn’t necessitate me going well out of my way, and often it’s stuff for the house. Sometimes it’s not though, and is a complete pain in the arse - really ruining the initial excursion.

Some examples:

Me: I’m just going to town. Her: Oh great, can you pick up a chicken while you’re there?

Me: I’m gonna take the dog for a walk. Her: Oh well can you pop into my parents on the way back and check if they…

Me: I’ll take the kids to nursery today. Her: Make sure you pick up my parcel on the way back.

Me: I’m going to take the car to the garage. Her: Swing by the decorator shop and see if the new paint is in stock.

Anyway this has got to the point where I don’t even want to announce if I’m going anywhere. It kind of feels like the control I had over making the decision to go out, and the flexibility that trip may have given me, has been snatched away. Sometimes I just want to go out, do my thing, and come back. No errands, no jobs; just my thing from start to finish.

Yes it has caused arguments - I initially tried pointing out the problem, but that didn’t work, so of course things escalated to a row. But she still does it, saying that it’s not unreasonable for me to contribute to the running of the household whenever I can. I’m not a lazy dad or husband, and I think I really do my fair share with the house and family - but I now resent this.

AITA?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for refusing to do little chores and errands every time I declare I’m going somewhere?

wow. sorry picking up a chicken on the way back from Home Depot is such an albatross.

I have an easy solution to this problem. divorce your wife! when you're single nobody can ask you to pick up anything.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for giving my family friend the "talk?"

quote:

Throwaway because my mom follows me on my regular account. I (F20) have known my family friend Riley (M11) ever since he was little and I was in middle school. My mom (F47) is high school friends with his mom Jessica (F46), so our families have been friends for a while. I saw Riley and Jessica again yesterday, as I left my campus and visited my hometown for the weekend. My mom and I went over to their place so she could have coffee with Jessica, and I went to go chill with Riley. We did the same thing as always, eating chocolate and caramel popcorn, watching a scary movie, and playing COD. I've always loved the kid like a younger brother.

This is when the shocker comes in. Riley said he had been curious about something for a little while, and that he was curious about how people were made. He told me his parents kept dodging the question when he asked, and he wanted to know. I honestly couldn't believe it when I heard it. I had figured it was common for people this kid's age to have known that by now. I was honestly shocked Riley's parents hadn't told him, or that his school's health class hadn't educated him. I might've been an rear end in a top hat by overstepping boundaries, but I decided to give this kid the talk. I told Riley about how when a man and woman love each other, they'll stick their private parts in each other and make love. Riley asked if I've done it, and being pretty open, I told him I have a boyfriend (M20). Riley thanked me for helping him, and I said no problem.

However, Jessica later texted my mom, furious that I had told her son about the talk and told him I've had sex, and demanded an apology. My mom is pretty split, as she understands why I felt I needed to tell Riley, but that it was also the parents' place to do that. I'm considering apologizing, but is it really 100% necessary? I honestly am cringing typing this all out, and I wish I was joking. AITA?

What age were his parents planning on tell him, do you think?

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

wow. sorry picking up a chicken on the way back from Home Depot is such an albatross.

I have an easy solution to this problem. divorce your wife! when you're single nobody can ask you to pick up anything.

if he were smart he'd feed his family from the food truck outside of home depot :eng101:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I mean dude is probably lazy, but you can cut those errands down by preplanning.

Forgot the chicken? Guess I'll cook one of the half-dozen replacements I have in my freezer.
Pre-order the new paint and the shop will notify you, when it can be picked up. No point in checking in person.
Also call your parents and ask them about whatever you want, before sending the hubby.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
TREE LAW meets RENTAL.

AITA for my husbands aunts tree being cut down?

quote:

My husband rented his aunts home before we got married. He signed a month to month lease when he moved in. I moved in with him after our marriage because the rent was super cheap. My parents recently came to me asking if they could park their RV at our home. I didn’t see a problem with this. Our yards are really big and there is space. Because of city ordinance the RV has to be parked in the back yard. There was no RV gate in the fence. My husband went to his aunt and asked if we could install a rv gate? His aunt said no.

My husband relayed the message to me and my parents seemed upset when I told them. 2 days ago. I came home from work and saw that my dad had a construction crew at our home and had removed part of the fence for the gate. There was a apple tree in the way. They couldn’t fit the RV in the yard. My husband angry told my dad not to continue and that they needed to repair the fence. At this point I felt like it was pointless.

The fence guys already built the columns for the gate. It would cost a lot more money to rebuild the fence. I told my dad to finish the job but make sure it was left super clean. That it looked nice. I planned on talking to the aunt later and explain what happened. What I didn’t know was my dad told the guys to remove the tree. My husbands aunt came by and saw the tree cut down and started to cry. She has refused to talk to my dad or me. When my husband came home he found a 30 day notice on our door. Terminating our lease. He tried to call his aunt and she didn’t answer the phone. He then called my MIL and she went to talk to our aunt. Later I got several messages calling me an A for cutting down the aunts late husbands tree. I had no idea he planted the tree. Now my husband and his whole family are really angry at me. I never told them to remove the tree. I feel like I am being thrown under the bus here. Am I the A here?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Yikes

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for moving out like this?

quote:

My(19F) parents adopted a baby(1M) a month ago. I hate babies. He cries all night and I had to give up my room because we only have 2 bedrooms and I moved in the basement which is not big enough so I had to get rid of some of my stuff. One night I couldn't sleep anymore. He kept crying so in the morning I tried to talk to my parents and tell them that I'm moving out but they were "busy" and didn't even listen. I called my aunts and uncles to see if I can stay with them for a few days until I find a place but they all said no and made different excuses so I thought screw them all. I packed my stuff and went to my friends home but left my phone at my parents home because I knew they'd be mad if I move out.

It took them FOUR DAYS to realize that I don't live there anymore. They say I'm an rear end in a top hat because according to them when they realized me and my stuff are gone they called me and when I didn't answer they called the whole family and when they realized no one knows where I am they panicked. I told them I'm not the rear end in a top hat because I literally told EVERYONE that I'm moving out. It's not my fault that no one listened.

Everyone is mad at me now and my parents told me I have to come back and apologize and they are not talking to me now until I do as they said

"you know, i haven't seen whatshername around lately"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cowslips Warren posted:

TREE LAW meets RENTAL.

NBD, just walking in on my parents destroying my rental property and going "eh, just go ahead, I don't need to call anybody about this."

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

TREE LAW meets RENTAL.

Sorry OP, you're gonna have to dig down deep and really grovel at aunt's feet and throw your dad under the bus hard and fast if you want even a chance at this fixed because your dad is a stupid loving rear end in a top hat.

Edit: lol she told dad just to finish the job instead of fixing it, go gently caress yourself too

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 25, 2022

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for moving out like this?

"you know, i haven't seen whatshername around lately"

At least she can date Science Fiction Greg again.

:smith:

Seriously, though, she better pick up her phone and any important documents and just :sever: from this whole trash family.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Absurd Alhazred posted:

NBD, just walking in on my parents destroying my rental property and going "eh, just go ahead, I don't need to call anybody about this."

i like how dad isn't even the one renting the place, he just brings a construction crew over to his daughter's husband's aunt's place. three degrees of audacity right there, the owner probably doesn't know him from adam

e: lmao OP really doesn't get it

quote:

YTA for letting it continue when your husband said no. the aunt said no to the gate and no is a complete sentence. Your parents removed a tree from a yard they DO NOT own. How stupid and selfish of them. Everyone is the AH besides your husband, his aunt and family. The Aunt can hire a lawyer and sue your parents and the company who did it without her permission. And honestly I hope she does

OP posted:

I hope not. I am willing to talk to her and try to come to some kind of resolution. She won’t talk to me. All my MIL said was our aunts wants us use to move out. I wish we could come to some sort of compromise with her I do love the house.

quote:

YTA. NONE of this is fair to your aunt, and it doesn't matter if the tree was a random tree growing on her property or had a special meaning; you broke the lease and cost her damages and I would expect to be sued for the loss if I were you.

OP posted:

She wants us to move. I am not sure if she will if we don’t move. I am still hoping we can find some sort of compromise. I don’t think we can find a place to live around what we pay her rent for.

yeah good luck finding some sort of compromise

Foo Diddley fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 25, 2022

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

Evil Willow posted:

Sounds like the girlfriend did get rid of a creepy dummy.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Foo Diddley posted:

i like how dad isn't even the one renting the place, he just brings a construction crew over to his daughter's husband's aunt's place. three degrees of audacity right there, the owner probably doesn't know him from adam

e: lmao OP really doesn't get it

It gets worse (or maybe I just didn't get it from the original post), if I'm interpreting this and similar exchanges:

quote:

YTA. She said NO!

Why do your parents have an RV that they have no room for?

Why did your father even think any of this was appropriate?

Let me reiterate - she said NO!

OP posted:

My parents bought the RV to live in. They are wanting to retire and sell their house. Just like I didn’t know they didn’t know of the cities ordnance on RV’s

quote:

Why did your parents start putting in the gate when the aunt said no, in the first place?

OP posted:

My dad said he had no choice. Their yard is really small and he didn’t know about the city’s zoning laws
They were expecting to move to OP and husband's aunt backyard as a living arrangement?! Without the aunt's permission!? :psyduck:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It gets worse (or maybe I just didn't get it from the original post), if I'm interpreting this and similar exchanges:

They were expecting to move to OP and husband's aunt backyard as a living arrangement?! Without the aunt's permission!? :psyduck:

e: beaten

anyway, dad's a piece of work, alright. i feel a little bad for OP 'cuz she's probably never managed to tell him no before, but still

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Foo Diddley posted:

e: beaten

anyway, dad's a piece of work, alright. i feel a little bad for OP 'cuz she's probably never managed to tell him no before, but still

She's still incapable of processing that she hosed up and this is not something she's going to come back from with respect to anyone involved (except her parents, hope she likes sharing an RV with them!), so all I can hope for is that her husband will become her ex husband and maybe fix his relationship with his aunt.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

The compromise is that the husband gets to keep renting the place, but OP and her dad are planted where the tree was.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Lol at "he had no choice!" Like, she's right, he didn't have a choice, aunt said no, there's no choice involved for her dad.

Hopefully husband sees how she treats "family" and leaves.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

killer crane posted:

Lol at "he had no choice!" Like, she's right, he didn't have a choice, aunt said no, there's no choice involved for her dad.

Hopefully husband sees how she treats "family" and leaves.

They're just going by Rule of Acquisition 111a: "Treat family like people in your debt… exploit them."

Edit:

Okay, so their foolproof plan wasn't to move to an RV in their daughter's rental property's backyard permanently without the landowner's permission, but to park it there without the landowner's permission until they could sell their house and free up income to find it another place I guess. :shrug:

quote:

So you're saying that they weren't just going to park the RV, but were going to live in it in your backyard?

Where was the water and electricity going to come from, what about sewer?

What happens to the yard when an RV is parked there long term? No wonder his aunt said no.

Even if you weren't TA before (you were!), you are now after this new info! YTA

OP posted:

No they still have to sell their house. Once the house sells it will free up some of their monthly income and they can move the RV then.

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 25, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Someone posted something like "1/4th of all Americans can't understand If/Then statements" and I thought that was ridiculous but heres apple lady

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I was today years old when I learned what an itasha is.

I don't think you could pay me a million dollars to put myself in one of those cars. I once saw a car with an anime sticker in one of the rear windows and I have been side-eyeing that entire parking lot ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Foo Diddley posted:

I hope not. I am willing to talk to her and try to come to some kind of resolution. She won’t talk to me.
I love it when the person who is 1000% in the wrong is all "I am willing to have a conversation about this, but the other party refuses to even talk to me! They're so unreasonable!"