Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Who's Gonna Top? September 25th
MOTYC
Yuki Ueno (c) vs Cara Noir - DDT Universal Championship
- This match hosed, i'm convinced that Yuki Ueno is the best underdog babyface in the world right now. Noir also rules, he's someone i'd only ever heard of before this DDT run and I want him to become a regular part of the roster asap

Kazusada Higuchi (c) vs Konosuke Takeshita - KO-D Openweight Championship
- By this time everyone knows that Takeshita is awesome, but Higuchi is the loving champion. For years i've considered him the weakest member of Eruption but this singles run has been rad as gently caress. Man waves the flag for DDT and I love him for it although Jesus the thud when he headbutted the pole was horrifying

HM
MAO, ASUKA and Saki Akai vs Toru Owashi, Kazuki Hirata and Antonio Honda
- Goddamn this was funny, great way to start off the main show. DDT does such great comedy, offset by the comedy from the Iino match being the dirt worst

Burning (Jun Akiyama, Yusuke Okada and Tetsuya Endo) and Takeshi Masada vs HARASHIMA, Sanshiro Takagi, Soma Takao and Yukio Sakaguchi
- Forgive me for gushing over Takeshi Masada again, but he's real goddamn good for his level of experience. This was the Sakaguchi show (which makes sense watching the rest of the card) but everyone looked good here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh poo poo I didn't realise Cara Noir had shown up in DDT hell yeah he's awesome

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't realise Cara Noir had shown up in DDT hell yeah he's awesome

That's what happens when you don't read the puro thread where every Thursday or Friday I post the schedule and cards for all the upcoming week in Japan (well, I say all, it's basically for the promotions goons watch, from Nooj to Ice Ribbon, GanPro and 2AW)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. David Finlay, NJPW Burning Spirit, 25/09

One day this year David woke up and realised what family he's from

Yep, Nth. It's cool that another wrestler has taken the Yoshi-Hashi route of being unimpressive for years before suddenly finding their groove and putting out bangers

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

MOTYC: Kenoh vs Kaito Kiyomiya, Grand Ship 2022, Pro Wrestling Noah, 25/09

I mean, it's Kenoh and Kiyomiya, they're forever opponents. It started slow, built, and had a really superb ending. Worth it for the journey and the destination.

Nth, this was rad. I'd probably put it below their 2021 N-1 semi finals match, but every match between these two is a guaranteed banger

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lamuella posted:

I mean, it's Kenoh and Kiyomiya, they're forever opponents. It started slow, built, and had a really superb ending. Worth it for the journey and the destination.

nth

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

HM: Toni Harting (c) vs Mike D. Vecchio, GWF World Title match, GWF Battlefield 2022 9/25

Excellent match. I knew nothing about either guy watching this at the venue and was hooting & hollering at the end. I probably saw GWF’s entire roster tonight and these two guys definitely stood out.

It’s already on YT, skip to 1:50:30 for the bell https://youtu.be/_zp5U8Atee4

If you have time for and interest in a pretty good Royal Rumble-style match, the main event starts at the 2 h 40 min mark. It is a full hour in length.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

HM
29th August
Pro Wrestling FREEDOMS Presents Jun Kasai Tokyo Deathmatch Carnival 2022 Ver.2
Weapon Bringing Deathmatch
Jun Kasai & Rina Yamashita vs Masashi Takeda & Minoru Fujita

I am unsure what's going on with Unchain right now

MOTYC
29th August
Fluorescent Lighttubes Human Meat Slicer Board Source Deathmatch
King of FREEDOM Tag Team Titles

Soul Meat (Tomoya Hirata & Toru Sugiura) vs ERE (Toshiyuki Sakuda & Violento Jack)

Soul Meat are having a great year, so are Sakuda & Jack, end result, real good match, great even.

MOTYC
29th August
Fly High Glass Deathmatch
King of FREEDOM Title

Daisuke Masaoka vs Drew Parker

Masaoka has had a tremendous 2022, especially relative to last year where he was mostly an after-thought in the midcard. But he got given the ball & he's run with it in some loving gnarly deathmatches. Meanwhile Drew is Drew. He's a lunatic. I'm pretty sure he could slice open his carotid artery and keep going. Fortunately that doesn't happen but he bleeds plenty without. And for some reason they exchange unprotected chair shots to the head and that manages to be far grosser than going through panes of glass or meteoras from the top of a ladder through a table

Still, tremendous stuff

Nth, Freedoms the king of gnarly as hell deathmatches. Drew Parker remains a goddamn maniac, Swanton Bomb though a pane of glass then balancing a ladder on a table to gain additional height what the actual gently caress, and that has before the aforementioned gross headshots with chairs they forgot to gimmick

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

AJPW 50th Anniversary September 18th
MOTYC

Naoya Nomura vs Jake Lee

lol and lmao

HM
Kento Miyahara vs Suwama (c) for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship

Agree with these both. Though I struggle rating a match like Lee vs Nomura, but it was really loving enjoyable so...

Also going to say the Jr Title Match doesn't get a nod but it is the best Tiger Mask singles match I can remember in good while. That's all on Atsuki, obviously

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Brody King & Buddy Matthews vs. Darby Allin & Sting, Rampage Grand Slam 9/23
HM: Jack Perry vs. Rey Fenix, Rampage Grand Slam 9/23
HM: Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Ricky Starks, Rampage Grand Slam 9/23

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Agreed...Violent David Finlay is really good and I hope he keeps that fire up

Rarity posted:

HM: Tetsuya Naito/SANADA vs. Dangerous Tekkers, NJPW Burning Spirit, 25/09

Oh hey this match with four fantastic wrestlers turned out to be really fun who would have guessed it

Yeah that was fun and it's amazing that despite hating each other Naito and ZSJ are united in their dislike of ref Kenta Saito

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

Lamuella posted:

Nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Dragon Dia & Madoka Kikuta vs. Jacky Funky Kamei & Jason Lee
MOTYC: Ben-K, Kota Minoura & Naruki Doi vs. Dragon Kid, Kagetora & YAMATO
MOTYC: Eita vs. Yuki Yoshioka

All from Dragongate's Dangerous Gate on 9/19

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Delirious vs. Mike Bailey, Impact Victory Road 9/23

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Who's Gonna Top? September 25th
MOTYC
Kazusada Higuchi (c) vs Konosuke Takeshita - KO-D Openweight Championship
Nth. Watch this, everyone.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

AEW Rampage 9/23

HM: Sting & Darby Allin vs. Buddy Matthews & Brody King
HM: HOOK & Action Bronson vs. "Daddy Magic" Matt Menard & "Cool Hand Ang" Angelo Parker
MOTYC: Jungle Boy vs. Rey Fenix
MOTYC: Ricky Starks vs. Powerhouse Hobbs

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Naoya Nomura for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship - AJPW #ajpw Mania in Korakuen Hall (9/19)

Excellent match that built off their history and the finishes to their respective matches last night. Very sick finishing stretch.

HM: Gungnir of Anarchy (Shotaro Ashino & Ryuki Honda) vs. The Saito Brothers (Jun Saito & Rei Saito) for the AJPW Tag Team Championship - AJPW #ajpw Mania in Korakuen Hall (9/19)

Yes and yes both of these. I don't think this was the best singles match between these 2 but it is the best All Japan match of 2022. I loving loved it. The intro video, the start calling back to the previous night, call backs to wars they have had in the past. I loved it. Like one of those Okada matches where they tell you how long it went & you just go "wait, no, it couldn't be more than half that", just didn't take foot off the accelerator.

Tag Title Match also slapped.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Sep 26, 2022

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW Rampage 9/23

HM: Sting & Darby Allin vs. Buddy Matthews & Brody King
MOTYC: Jungle Boy vs. Rey Fenix
MOTYC: Ricky Starks vs. Powerhouse Hobbs

Nth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
11th August
Stardom 5 Star Grand Prix Night 5
5★GP Red Block
AZM vs Tam Nakano

HM
11th August
5★GP Blue Block
Hazuki vs Natsupoi

MOTYC
11th August
5★GP Blue Block
Momo Watanabe vs Starlight Kid

MOTYC
11th August
5★GP Red Block
Risa Sera vs Utami Hayashishita

MOTYC
11th August
5★GP Blue Block
MIRAI vs Suzu Suzuki

Going in I thought Momo vs Kid or Sera vs Utami would be match of the show, but nope, MIRAI & Suzu brought it. Great match. My favourite match of the first 5 nights of the GP.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

In the past couple of years I've done a post where I try to find links for matches that are on the bubble: the matches that Jerusalem has in the ALMOST Match of the Year list, with between 4 & 6 MOTYC nods. And as we're now 3/4 of the way through 2022 (a strange year, not so much for wrestling as it has been for everything else) I thought I'd drop that now, because there's some really cool poo poo people haven't given enough love to. I'm only including matches that I also have at MOTYC level, because I'm a narcissist. Or only have so much time, which ever explanation you prefer, there's 91 matches on the list right now. Just doing the stuff I think people should should see from that list is still 34 matches, which is more than anyone is actually going to watch.

Tried to include links that take you right to the match, but where I didn't I have noted the correct(ish) timestamp. Knock yourselves out, watch wrestling. (Also doing this has made me realise there's not a single All Japan match with enough nominations to even be on the almost list & that makes me sad so maybe another time I'll do a dump of the 10 best 2022 All Japan matches or something. Coz there's at least 2 that are on track to be in my top 25 matches of the year.) If you try a link & it doesn't work then let me know & I can try again & hopefully not gently caress up that time? We'll see.

01/01 | Takashi Sugiura (C) vs. Masato Tanaka for the ZERO1 World Heavyweight Title - ZERO1 Happy New Year (4 votes)
01/06 | ERE (Takayuki Ueki & Toshiyuki Sakuda) (C) vs. Tomoya Hirata & Toru Sugiura for the King of FREEDOM Tag Team Titles - FREEDOMS Blood Xmas (5 votes)
01/06 | Violento Jack (C) vs. Jun Kasai for the King of FREEDOM World Title - FREEDOMS Blood Xmas (5 votes)
01/08 | Jonathan Gresham (C) vs. Chris Sabin for the ROH World Title - Impact Hard to Kill (4 votes)
01/16 | Katsuhiko Nakajima (C) vs. Masa Kitamiya for the GHC Heavyweight Title - NOAH Bumper Crop (5 votes)
01/29 | Will Ospreay vs. Michael Oku - RevPro High Stakes (5 votes) SKIP TO 02:57:30
01/29 | Giulia vs. Mayu Iwatani - Stardom 11th Anniversary Nagoya Supreme Fight (4 votes)
01/29 | Syuri vs MIRAI for the World Of Stardom Title - Stardom 11th Anniversary Nagoya Supreme Fight (5 votes)
02/11 | DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi) vs. Bakuretsu Sisters in the Max Heart Tournament Grand Final - TJPW Positive Chain (4 votes)
02/23 | Starlight Kid (C) vs. AZM - Stardom Cinderella Journey in Nagaoka (6 votes)
03/12 | Zack Sabre Jr. vs. DOUKI - NJPW New Japan Cup (4 votes) SKIP TO 1:16:30
03/26 | Syuri (C) vs. Giulia for the World of Stardom Title - STARDOM World Climax Day 1 (4 votes)
04/07 | K-ness & Susumu Yokosuka vs. Dragon Kid & Kzy - Dragongate K-ness Final Burst Out! K-nee Forever (4 votes) SKIP TO 2:00:30
04/24 | Risa Sera vs. Takashi Sakaski - Prominence Flag-Off Event ~ Scarlet Flame of the Beginning ~ (5 votes)
04/24 | Suzu Suzuki & Jun Kasai vs. Akane Fujita & Violent Jack - Prominence Flag-Off Event ~ Scarlet Flame of the Beginning ~ (5 votes)
04/29 | Arisa Nakajima vs. Tsukasa Fujimoto - SEAdLINNNG Golden Moment (4 votes)
04/29 | Las Fresas de Egoistas (C) vs. Yoshiko & Ryo Mizunami for the Beyond the SEA Tag Team Championship - SEAdLINNNG Golden Moment (5 votes)
04/30 | Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Go Shiozaki for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH Majestic (4 votes)
05/05 | KAI vs. Susumu Yokosuka for the Open The Dream Gate Title - Dragongate Dead Or Alive (4 votes)
05/06 | El Desperado & DOUKI vs. Jun Kasai & Tomoaki Honma - JTO TakaTaichiMania 2.5 (4 votes)
05/18 | Hiromu Takahashi vs. Francesco Akira - NJPW Best of Super Juniors Night 3 (6 votes) SKIP TO 2:09:00
05/19 | Titán vs. El Lindaman - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 4 (4 votes) SKIP TO 1:14:40
05/22 | El Desperado vs. Wheeler Yuta - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 6 (4 votes) SKIP TO 2:12:00
05/28 | El Desperado vs. DOUKI - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors Night 10 (5 votes) SKIP TO 2:35:00
06/12 | Kenoh vs Daisuke Sasaki - CyberFight Festival (4 votes)
07/01 | El Lindaman (C) vs. Tetsuya Izuchi for the G-REX Championship - GLEAT Ver. 3 (4 votes)
07/03 | Kazusada Higuchi vs. Naomi Yoshimura for the KO-D Openweight Championship - DDT King of DDT (4 votes)
07/10 | Chihiro Hashimoto (C) vs. ASUKA for the Sendai Girls World Championship - Sendai Girls Senjo Chronicle (5 votes)
08/02 | David Finlay vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 10 (4 votes) SKIP TO 2:42:20
08/14 | Akito vs. Joey Janela in an IPPON Lighttube Deathmatch - DDT Road to Peter Pan ~Everybody Shout~ (5 votes)
08/19 | Atlantis Jr., El Soberano Jr., Mistico, Stuka Jr., Templario, Titan, Ultimo Guerrero & Volador Jr. vs. El Mesias, Kenny King, Lince Dorado, Matt Taven, Oraculo, Robbie Eagles, Rocky Romero & Tiger Mask - CMLL Grand Prix (4 votes)
08/24 | Kento Miyahara vs. Tetsuya Izuchi - GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.31 (6 votes)
09/19 | Yuna Mizumori vs. Mei Suruga - Gatoh Move 10th Anniversary ~ Phoenix Rises (4 votes)
09/19 | Yuki Yoshioka vs. Eita for the Open The Dream Gate Title - Dragongate Dangerous Gate (4 votes)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dark Elevation 9/26

HM: Skye Blue & Shawn Dean vs. Penelope Ford & Kip Sabian

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Emi Sakura vs. Hikaru Shida, AEW Dark Elevation, 8/29 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEZvV71fwB4&t=2119s

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto (c) vs. Ryo Mizunami for the Sendai Girls World Championship - Sendai Girls (9/3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGkF0NUYVW0

Great match for those of you who like two powerhouses running into each other a lot. Chihiro is one of the best wrestlers in the world and I wish more people were taking advantage of Senjo putting everything on YouTube to check this stuff out.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 9/26

this was way better than expected nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark Elevation 9/26

Nth. This was really good fun.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GLEAT G-Pro Wrestling Ver.35 September 25th
HM
Michiko Miyagi vs. Maya Fukuda - UWF Rules
Tetsuya Izuchi vs Oji Shiiba
El Lindaman (c) vs Takanori Ito - G-Rex Title

Fun little show, although main event unfortunately didn't live up to expectations. It was very good don't get me wrong, but it wasn't at the level of some of Lindaman's other defences

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
7th August
New Japan G1 Climax 32 Night 13
Chase Owens vs Tomohiro Ishii

MOTYC
7th August
New Japan G1 Climax 32 Night 13
JONAH vs Kazuchika Okada

Owens Ishii was fantastic. Obviously JONAH Okada was great too but Owens Ishii will stick with me.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto (c) vs. Ryo Mizunami for the Sendai Girls World Championship - Sendai Girls (9/3)

Great match for those of you who like two powerhouses running into each other a lot. Chihiro is one of the best wrestlers in the world and I wish more people were taking advantage of Senjo putting everything on YouTube to check this stuff out.

Nth to this, love me some joshi hoss battles. I'm definitely in the camp where I need to watch more Big Hash, she's consistently great every time I watch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

Knock yourselves out, watch wrestling.

This is very cool, thank you!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

This is very cool, thank you!

Well if you liked that you'll...look at this & think "fucksake, calm down lad, that's a bit much", but the weather is shite today so I had to scrap plans & found myself twiddling my thumbs for an hour.

These are the 31 best All Japan matches (plus 2 AJPW adjacent) I have seen this year. Sorted by rating & then date. It's a lot, obviously. If you only watch 4 then watch the top 3 & then catch Nomura vs Aoyagi 10th April, which is the 3rd All Japan match in my last top 25 matches list. But TBH watch the lot, and then nominate all the matches & show All Japan the love it deserves for a really positive year.

****¾
4th May - Champion Carnival Night 9 - Jake Lee vs Yuma Aoyagi for the Champion Carnival tournament final
14th June - Kenta Kobashi Presents FortuneDream 7 - Daichi Hashimoto, Kazusada Higuchi & Yuma Aoyagi vs Daisuke Sekimoto, Shuji Ishikawa & Yuji Hino
19th September - #ajpw MANIAx - Kento Miyahara vs Naoya Nomura for the Triple Crown

****½
3rd January - New Year Wars Night 2 - Runaway SUPLEX (Ashino & Suwama) vs NEXTREAM (Miyahara & Y.Aoyagi) for the All Japan Tag Team Titles
21st March - Champions Night 3 - Kento Miyahara vs Shuji Ishikawa for the Triple Crown
10th April - Champion Carnival Night 2 - Takuya Nomura vs Yuma Aoyagi in CC B Block
29th April - Champion Carnival Night 8 - Kento Miyahara vs Yuma Aoyagi in CC B Block
15th May - Super Power Series Night 2 - Kento Miyahara vs Yuma Aoyagi for the Triple Crown
19th June - Champions Night 4 - Kento Miyahara vs Jake Lee for the Triple Crown

****¼
23rd January - New Year Wars Night 3 - Kento Miyahara vs Ryuki Honda in the final of the Triple Crown Tournament to crown a new champion
21st March - Champions Night 3 - Ryuki Honda vs Shotaro Ashino in a Last Man Standing Match
9th April - Champion Carnival Night 1 - Shigehiro Irie vs Shuji Ishikawa in CC A Block
11th April - Champion Carnival Night 3 - Shotaro Ashino vs T-Hawk in CC A Block
13th April - Champion Carnival Night 4 - Jake Lee vs Shigehiro Irie in CC A Block
13th April - Champion Carnival Night 4 - Kento Miyahara vs Takuya Nomura in CC B Block
24th April - Champion Carnival Night 7 - Shigehiro Irie vs Shotaro Ashino in CC A Block
14th May - Super Power Series Night 1 - NEXTREAM (A.Aoyagi & Y.Aoyagi) vs NEXTREAM (Miyahara & HAYATO)
25th May - Super Power Series Night 3 - NEXTREAM (A.Aoyagi, Miyahara & HAYATO) vs STRONGHEARTS (Onitsuka, Irie & T-Hawk)
29th May - Super Power Series Night 4 - Kento Miyahara vs T-Hawk for the Triple Crown
31st May - Jumbo Tsuruta 23rd Anniversary Memorial Show - Jake Lee, Joe Doering & Takao Omori vs Jun Akiyama, Kento Miyahara & Minoru Suzuki
12th June - Dynamite Series Night 2 - Ryuki Honda, Seigo Tachibana & Shotaro Ashino vs STRONGHEARTS (Onitsuka, Irie & T-Hawk) in the finals of a 6 Man Tag Tournament
12th June - Dynamite Series Night 2 - Miyahara, M.Suzuki & Suwama vs Lee, Ishikawa & Y.Aoyagi
19th June - Champions Night 4 - Twin Towers (Sato & Ishikawa) vs Honda & Ashino for the All Japan Tag Team Titles
9th July - Summer Action Series Night 1 - A.Aoyagi & Nagata vs Miyahara & HAYATO
14th July - Summer Action Series Night 2 - A.Aoyagi & Y.Aoyagi vs Real Blood (Watase & N.Nomura)
18th July - Summer Action Series Night 3 - Honda & Ashino vs STRONGHEARTS (Irie & T-Hawk) for the All Japan Tag Team Titles
24th July - Summer Action Series Night 4 - H.Omori & Lee vs Real Blood (Watase & N.Nomura)
29th July - Summer Action Series Night 5 - A.Aoyagi, Lee & Y.Aoyagi vs Miyahara, HAYATO & T.Nomura
7th August - Royal Road Tournament Night 1 - Atsuki Aoyagi vs Takuya Nomura in Royal Road 1st Round
7th August - Royal Road Tournament Night 1 - Naoya Nomura vs Yuma Aoyagi in Royal Road 1st Round
20th August - Royal Road Tournament Night 5 - Jake Lee vs Kento Miyahara in Royal Road Final
18th September - AJPW 50th Anniversary - Gungnir of Anarchy (Honda & Ashino) vs Get Wild (Soya & T.Omori) for the All Japan Tag Team Titles
18th September - AJPW 50th Anniversary - Jake Lee vs Naoya Nomura for Triple Crown #1 Contendership

Going through a lot of this has reminded of some great moments but also how weird at times things got re: booking. Having Honda & Ashino have a brutal Last Man Standing match in March & then coming out of the Carnival they are partners. And I'm glad they are teaming, it's a cool team, but the whole faction reset really was confusing at the time. I also saw a comment I wrote about the 3/1 match which boiled down to "Suwama can still go but man needs to never hold the Triple Crown again". Should have listened to me All Japan...Also the Carnival was such fun, just totally breezy watch, lots of the shows ended up at about 2 hours including undercards & that really worked out. Aoyagi vs Nomura from Night 2 is still one of my favourite ever sub-12 minute matches, though I am probably the high mark on the entire internet for it. Stand by it, I watched it again last month & oh the sweet sweet violence is so delicious.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fucksake, calm down lad, that's a bit much.

No but seriously, very cool!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Yeah man, this is fantastic! Most of the matches on your list are from promotions I don't typically watch and I haven't seen any modern AJPW at all, so I'm very much looking forward to catching up on what I missed. Thanks so much!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW 50th Anniversary September 18th
MOTYC
Gungnir of Anarchy (Shotaro Ashino and Ryuki Honda) (c) vs Get Wild (Manabu Soya and Takao Omori) - AJPW World Tag Team Championships
- Four beefy men doing a bunch of beefy man poo poo

HM
Voodoo Murders (Minoru Tanaka and Toshizo) (c) vs The Team Formerly known as Evolution (Hikaru Sato and Dan Tamura) - All Asia Tag Team Championships
- I've turned around on Dan Tamura. I still think he has a silly look, but jesus does that boy take some punishment

SUWAMA (c) vs Kento Miyahara - Triple Crown
- Suwama's best match since joining Voodoo Murders

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

HM: TJP/Francesco Akira vs. 6 or 9, NJPW Burning Spirit, 25/09

A great sprint with some really neat spots sprinkled in

Rarity posted:

Nth these

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Eddie Kingston vs. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW Capital Collision, 5/14
MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Juice Robinson vs. Will Ospreay vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, NJPW Capital Collision, 5/14

HM: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Gunther, Smackdown 8/12
HM: Erik & Ivar vs. Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods, Smackdown 9/2

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
holy gently caress I know what to do in my spare time then (if only to get more value out of my AJPW.tv sub)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
13th August
Sendai Girls Summer Beat
ASUKA & Ryo Mizunami vs Mika Iwata & Yuu

Yuu & Aniki just battering each other with chops. Very cool.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

nth

e: lmao that mic spot after the match tho

Penguin Patrol fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 28, 2022

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Catching up on Stardom's 5★STAR Grand Prix, and wanted to throw a HM to Mayu Iwatani vs Saya Iida on 8/11/22.

It's only like 5 minutes so it's too short to rate any higher, but it's a sprint and they go hard the whole time. I really dig Iida's whole brick shithouse thing. People who only saw the Twitter posts might know this as the match where Mayu fell out of the ring right onto her drat face while exiting the ring afterward, but the match itself kicked rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW #ajpw Mania September 19th
MOTYC
Kento Miyahara (c) vs Naoya Nomura - Triple Crown
- This is only Nomura's 5th singles match this year, but there is a real sense he could upset the Ace of the promotion and grab the title, especially what happened the day before this and with how thin the All Japan main event scene is. Kento can get the best out of anyone and Nomura is going hard which led to a fantastic 20 minute match that felt half that. Probably my second favourite Nomura match of the year, his match with Yuma in the first round of the Royal Road slightly edging this out.

HM
Gungnir of Anarchy (Shotaro Ashino and Ryuki Honda) (c) vs The Saito Brothers (Rei Saito and Jun Saito) - AJPW World Tag Team Championships
- Some more beefy man poo poo to go with GoA's defence from the day before