Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

GD_American posted:

There’s a Mike Evans/Marty McSorley effort post somewhere

Brady can't hide behind Mike Evans, Mike Evans can only blindside people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Alaois posted:

Brady can't hide behind Mike Evans, Mike Evans can only blindside people

Quite effectively

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Quite effectively

you'd think he'd be worse at it, he's a pretty big guy

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

you'd think he'd be worse at it, he's a pretty big guy

For you

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

WampaLord posted:

I just hope Brady channels all of his divorced guy energy into winning one last Super Bowl because he's convinced it will win her back.

I think the opposite will happen, Giselle will divorce him before the end of the season and he'll be fueled by so much spite and a weak NFC to play another five years and make at least two more Superbowls.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I feel like Jerry has only gotten worse about his management of the team since the mid 2000s.

Jerry is basically a Saturday morning cartoon villain version of 2000's Al Davis at this point but he has Will McClay as his exasperated hypercompetent sidekick/henchman who constantly puts together decent-to-good drafts year after year that keep the team mostly respectable instead of deteriorating into a terrible laughingstock like they probably should've by now.

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 22, 2022

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I think the opposite will happen, Giselle will divorce him before the end of the season and he'll be fueled by so much spite and a weak NFC to play another five years and make at least two more Superbowls.

Anyone remember the Disney channel movie Angels in the Outfield? The premise is that a kid is in foster care and he asks his deadbeat dad when the dad will man up and actually adopt him out of there and the dad says "When the Angels win the pennant" as a way of saying basically "It'll be a cold day in hell" but then the kid prays so hard that God sends actual angels to help out. Christopher Lloyd is the main angel, it's charming for a kids movie.

Anyway, the point of that ramble is that Tom Brady is the kid in foster care, and Giselle is the deadbeat dad.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Angels in the outfield was a theatrical release, you uncultured swine

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Year-end lists
Top 10 worst (not ranked) – Dan Webster, The Spokesman-Review[7]

Am I quoting the wiki for Angels in the Outfield today, or the wiki for the 2022 Panthers in three months

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MJBuddy posted:

Angels in the outfield was a theatrical release, you uncultured swine

Oh, really? I saw it on Disney Channel first, so I just assumed.

According to Wikipedia, It made $50 million on a budget of $31 million, not bad.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

giselle is brady's limiter, if she dumps him he will ascend beyond our understanding and destroy football

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trade him to New Orleans and be done with it.

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1574059745371193344?s=46&t=XoCPddWfjhS5HuRc5SdVFg

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

God, what a bust.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

yes please

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

God, what a bust.

Is it him or is Rhule just refusing to play him for whatever reason? I mean not even getting a helmet….

Irrelevant either way.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
The Saints are going to lose to Rhule. I can only assume this is part of a bigger strategy to keep him employed and ruin our franchise further.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

Is it him or is Rhule just refusing to play him for whatever reason? I mean not even getting a helmet….

Irrelevant either way.

I'd think Marshall not doing a drat thing when he got playing time contributed along with the injuries, but I'm with you that it's irrelevant either way.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Can he play QB?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

bench jameis, demote allen, find someone else to be head coach

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

really queer Christmas posted:

bench jameis, demote allen, find someone else to be head coach

Hire Ben Johnson from the Lions.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hurrayyyyyyyyyy

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://twitter.com/RossJacksonNOLA/status/1574115411016269828?s=20&t=NEbklbP1V6DUsiO13EG42A

Saints offense not only sucks but it's predictable

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Embrace the inevitable.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im not happy were delaying the inevitable of firing Rhule and starting over with a win. But I am happy we beat the saints.

Cause gently caress the saints.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dont worry bro we'll just draft another USC wide out in the second round

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Nodding knowingly at a Falcons Fourth Quarter

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Woof, that was bad. At least I got a nap out of today.

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
falcons managed to hang on despite trying their hardest to choke with mariota fumbling for no reason at a crucial point. the defense somehow saved the day lmao

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So Bucs are 2-1 with their loss and everyone else is 1-2?

Parity!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Oof, really need Evans and Godwin back. D still pretty drat good.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Oof, really need Evans and Godwin back. D still pretty drat good.

Yup. Offense just can't click with all of our star WRs out. Defense has been playing lights out and keeping us in these games.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I had to deal with an emergency at halftime and frankly I didn’t expect to miss much because the Packers offense was doing whatever it wanted. But the Packers didn’t score a single second half point. What the hell happened?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I had to deal with an emergency at halftime and frankly I didn’t expect to miss much because the Packers offense was doing whatever it wanted. But the Packers didn’t score a single second half point. What the hell happened?

Their top WRs were Allen Lazard and a rookie 4th rounder. Once Tampa figured out how to shut down Aaron Jones the Packers didn’t have anything to threaten with.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

based on the box score it looks like the Falcons actually tried to get the ball to Pitts this time?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

epic bacon posted:

based on the box score it looks like the Falcons actually tried to get the ball to Pitts this time?

They did! He got a fair number of targets.

https://twitter.com/JoshTheAthletic/status/1574179892232859649?t=v0ndrwpAZy3_7UgGkbKTfg&s=19

Pershing fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 26, 2022

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Probably got conservative because they knew the Bucs couldn't move the ball.

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1574200254743863296?t=l8d2nWe7V3AQFxPNeLcoSg&s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I guess this sort of explains the delay of game on the two point try:

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1574377942582542337?s=20&t=HUCPBzvqAAQqS_Dw72Cp7w

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1574378818235678721?s=20&t=HUCPBzvqAAQqS_Dw72Cp7w

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Probably got conservative because they knew the Bucs couldn't move the ball.

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1574200254743863296?t=l8d2nWe7V3AQFxPNeLcoSg&s=19

To be fair the same thing kind of happened in the regular season Chiefs game in 2020 when the Bucs gave up a billion yards in the first quarter and then not much after.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

To be fair the same thing kind of happened in the regular season Chiefs game in 2020 when the Bucs gave up a billion yards in the first quarter and then not much after.

That was much worse, Mahomes had over 450 passing yards. They moved the ball pretty well most of the day.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The only real macro level concern for the Bucs yesterday is losing the head to head tiebreaker to a team that will be in the hunt for the 1 seed because most of the issues on offense can be easily explained by being out their top 3 receivers and their starting left tackle. And their backup left tackle too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The only real macro level concern for the Bucs yesterday is losing the head to head tiebreaker to a team that will be in the hunt for the 1 seed because most of the issues on offense can be easily explained by being out their top 3 receivers and their starting left tackle. And their backup left tackle too.

Yeah, I'm not too worried. Being without your top 3 receivers and 4/5ths of your OL from last year will definitely hurt production. As long as the defense continues to play well they should be fine.