Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

acksplode
May 17, 2004

New PS5 rev uses less power, runs cooler, and weighs less. https://wccftech.com/sony-updated-ps5-console-6nm-amd-oberon-plus-soc-smaller-cooler-power-efficient/ In other news, your PS5 is a hot heavy obsolete piece of trash. Why are you still sitting around reading this post? You're burning daylight, Target is open and everyone but you is there upgrading to the new PS5. Get moving now or you'll look like an rear end in a top hat with your creaky old power chugger console. Party chat is gonna ask "did you cop the 'fresh" and reduced fan noise will allow them to hear the trickle of your forehead sweat.

acksplode fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I wanna see the lights in my house flicker every time I turn on my PS5.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Never giving up my launch console, this poo poo was built to last. :swoon:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

acksplode posted:

New PS5 rev uses less power, runs cooler, and weighs less. https://wccftech.com/sony-updated-ps5-console-6nm-amd-oberon-plus-soc-smaller-cooler-power-efficient/ In other news, your PS5 is a hot heavy obsolete piece of trash. Why are you still sitting around reading this post? You're burning daylight, Target is open and everyone but you is there upgrading to the new PS5. Get moving now or you'll look like an rear end in a top hat with your creaky old power chugger console. Party chat is gonna ask "did you cop the 'fresh" and reduced fan noise will allow them to hear the trickle of your forehead sweat.

You forgot to add that it also costs more.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

You forgot to add that it also costs more.

This is normal for new generations of consoles when they launch. Thought this thread was savvy enough to understand that

acksplode fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 25, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

acksplode posted:

This is normal for new generations of consoles when they launch. Thought this thread was savvy enough to understand that

It actually increases in value.

Only Sony products can do that.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Facebook raised the price of its VR by $100. A lot of other companies are going to be raising prices in the coming years on goods that have been subsidized at a lower prices for decades because that's just where we're headed.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They’re also decoupling it from Facebook so it won’t be quite as good at forcing you into their ecosystem to have all your poo poo harvested, instead of just some of your poo poo.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

rest assured all of your poo poo gonna be harvested eventually

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

haveblue posted:

How do you use coolant canisters to cool things? The only things I've found to do with them are a) collect them and remove them from the world b) yeet them off into space c) get sprayed by a ruptured one and die. And yeeting them at the burning pipes doesn't seem to do anything

Keep it a decent distance away from you, slam it on something a few times to get it to start spraying everywhere, bring it close to the fuel line connectors. Do this before the pipes are burning.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

By the time I get a PS5 we'll be in the PS5 slim and Pro era again :haw:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Theres designs leaked or some poo poo that show the ps5 slim (or next revision, it isn't clear) having a detachable disc drive and sold separately so there's only 1 main unit, so you know where the ps6 is headed.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 25, 2022

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Vikar Jerome posted:

Theres designs leaked or some poo poo that show the ps5 slim having a detactable disc drive and sold seperately so theres only 1 main unit, so you know where the ps6 is headed.

this would be a good idea so naturally i assume its entirely fabricated

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's a good game.

One of the best in recent years!!!

fridge corn posted:

Cant stop playing stellaris...

Nice!!!

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

fridge corn posted:

Cant stop playing stellaris...

I tried it out about 2 months ago and it hooked me like a drug. Must have restarted over like 8 times before I stuck with a playthru cause I'd learn something and realize how inefficient and unoptimized my early game was. I haven't gotten into a strategy game in years so this was a nice change of pace. I need to go back once I finish something.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What’s the sort of gameplay flow with Stellaris? Like, you sit down, start it for the first time. What are you doing for the next few (or many) hours? I’m excited to check it out but I’m waiting until I’m really in the mood for another strategy game and have the extra time.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Well, for me it's having 2-3 survey ships going different directions (these guys scan systems then you can claim them) with a construction ship following to build things like starports and resource miners. To claim a system you need Influence, which you earn at the end of each month so claiming is paced out. You can also start managing the planets you own, deciding what you want them to produce, like energy (which is basically money) or resources or a mix of both. You feel out the area you're in, see where your neighbors are and decide what space lanes to choke and defend by building starbases and fleets to guard em.
There's a lot more but I learned by playing, seeing what my empire was lacking in the most and trying to fix that in a new attempt. Thru research you can automate quite a bit so it's not so overwhelming. The early game can be a little frantic but once stuff starts rolling you can focus on whatever you'd like. I've only played the console versions and got used to the interface after a few hours, it works well I think.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Tim Premiere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=779coR-XPTw

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

yo this looks great

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought he was switching to a different review model this season lmao

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Hector Delgado posted:

I tried it out about 2 months ago and it hooked me like a drug. Must have restarted over like 8 times before I stuck with a playthru cause I'd learn something and realize how inefficient and unoptimized my early game was. I haven't gotten into a strategy game in years so this was a nice change of pace. I need to go back once I finish something.

Yeah same, I'm on my 3rd start atm and I feel like I got the early game exploration rush down, like beelining for choke points and leaving most other systems behind to backfill later once borders have more or less solidified, but planet build orders like what buildings and districts are optimal, I often find myself playing catch up when I certain resource starts falling behind only to over compensate and draw too much on other resources. Havent gotten to grips with how much military I need at any given moment yet either, and the tech tree is a complete mystery and also apparently slightly random so know idea how to plan for things. But it's been really fun so far trying to figure it all out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Lol I also like ‘it’s a me, Alan Wake’

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Oh yeah this is the good poo poo right here

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

acksplode posted:

In other news, your PS5 is a hot heavy obsolete piece of trash.

Hope it doesn't bust a rod

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Came for Tim Rogers content in this, the Sony PlayStation the 5th thread, was not disappointed.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Compared to his 10 hour Cyberpunk review, this is arguably Tim restrained.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Guillermus posted:

Thanks! Will give it a try when I come back home in a few days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3YVcAKDeHQ This only happened once, I was never able to recreate it but :lol:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

lmao this conversation with his Japanese girlfriend "Are you sure kids making beetles rip each other up isn't an American thing"

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Happy Tim is back to bless the thread

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

hahaha

this fuckin guy

edit;

CottonWolf posted:

Came for Tim Rogers content in this, the Sony PlayStation the 5th thread, was not disappointed.

Compared to his 10 hour Cyberpunk review, this is arguably Tim restrained.

The C2077 review was arguably his worst one but it was still solid gold imo

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 25, 2022

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Morpheus posted:

Keep it a decent distance away from you, slam it on something a few times to get it to start spraying everywhere, bring it close to the fuel line connectors. Do this before the pipes are burning.

god this game is so cool

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I made Kasuga a breakdancer in Like a Dragon and now whenever he gets into a fight he immediately starts dancing at the enemy and it cracks me up every time.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Facebook raised the price of its VR by $100. A lot of other companies are going to be raising prices in the coming years on goods that have been subsidized at a lower prices for decades because that's just where we're headed.

Also those next gen graphics card prices sure are something. 900 usd msrp for the janky version of the RTX 4080.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I just finished Yakuza Like A Dragon and it's kinda crazy they gave that out for PS+, cause that was a whole rear end experience. If you've ever been interested in video games at all you should definitely play through it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Momomo posted:

I just finished Yakuza Like A Dragon and it's kinda crazy they gave that out for PS+, cause that was a whole rear end experience. If you've ever been interested in video games at all you should definitely play through it.

Seriously I'm 30 hours in and I'm still constantly finding cool new poo poo to do.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bloodychill posted:

Also those next gen graphics card prices sure are something. 900 usd msrp for the janky version of the RTX 4080.

shipping rates, petroleum return, neon extraction and silicon fabrication...all are going to be super hosed by covid, climate migration, and escalating conflicts in economically underprivileged regions where postindustrial nations are used to benefiting from relatively frictionless resource extraction (ie Ukraine). So yeah, one could say that electronic novelty boxes of all sorts are gonna get more expensive as a rule.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Frankston posted:

Seriously I'm 30 hours in and I'm still constantly finding cool new poo poo to do.

I need to play this before the end of the year. I've always been alienated by the series for one reason or another, but adding turnbased combat might be just the entrypoint I need.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just stopped watching a new STEWART LEE special for you Tim you better be grateful

(I had only just started it but still)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I paused watching new Don't Hug Me. I'm Scared...all for Tim, does he even know how much of a gesture of respect that is? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I watched half of that. Pretty good so far