Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
We've established it is coming out for PS/XB/SW and PC. But what about mac? Or apple. Whatever that piece of poo poo is called. What about linux?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it would actually be mad funny if it didn't get a switch release, so i hope that's what happens

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Countblanc posted:

it would actually be mad funny if it didn't get a switch release, so i hope that's what happens

I agree. The ideal situation is a XB only release.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

July next year, is when this game will release. Maybe August. That is my prediction and I will stake absolutely nothing on it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

I agree. The ideal situation is a XB only release.

Shh don't say the quiet part loud.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

So I ordered all of the new HK mini figurines from fangamer. They’re good. The grub and Zote are particularly great.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I heard if you cut open the grub, they have Silksong's release date printed inside.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I got a hollow knight t-shirt of the little dude sitting on his bench. No one knows what the gently caress it even is lmao.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I have the Vessel Hoodie and it is the only piece of video game clothing I have ever bought myself.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Those figures look pretty cool. But $10 each is too much. What do they think they are? Amiibo?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Does the grub one function as a pencil sharpener? Because that may justify a $10 price tag.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Which ones make the best buttplugs?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
settle down bardoon

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Ten dollars seems like a good deal to me, considering the 150 dollar Pokemon figurine I saw yesterday

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
If the explosion of video game music on vinyl hasn’t proved anything, it’s that it is super easy to fleece gamers of their cash even when selling things other than video games and in-video game poo poo like DLC or loot boxes.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

jeeves posted:

If the explosion of video game music on vinyl hasn’t proved anything, it’s that it is super easy to fleece gamers of their cash even when selling things other than video games and in-video game poo poo like DLC or loot boxes.

Genuinely curious what you mean here - I’m addition to other records I own, I bought a few of my favorite soundtracks. The Celeste OST in particular is one of my prized records. I guess you mean maybe people buying records when they don’t even own a turntable?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think it's that vinyl is a stupid medium for digital music. Because it is.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

I think it's that vinyl is a stupid medium for digital music. Because it is.

Why is that? I enjoy the intentionality of choosing a record to play and physically putting it on. Plus I love the large and colorful gatefolds and reading the liner notes while I listen. Also there’s plenty of analog video game music, or analog elements mixed in with digital.

This is a pretty silly sweeping generalization.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Please site examples of "plenty of analog video game music." I'm legitimately curious if you know what you are talking about or are just making things up. I've never heard of analog video game music. The closest I can think of is the occasional soundtrack that uses a live orchestra that is of course recorded digitally. Something like Mario Kart 8.

I mean, I guess it's possible that some studio decided to record live musicians onto analog tape and then remix it using analog means before converting it to digital to include as the soundtrack to a game. So in that instance, vinyl seems like it would be fine.

But in any other instance, paying a premium for a cardboard sleeve to read and a downgraded version of the music is kind of silly.

And yes, I know this is a stupid derail.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
The thing about vinyl game soundtracks is that the audiophile side of the vinyl business is bullshit. Which means that recording a chiptune to vinyl neither more dumb nor less dumb then recording a concert (from the digital master) to vinyl.

There was a big wave of having normal cd music as video game soundtracks with early CD games. You could put the C&C or TA game cds into your music players and enjoy some cheap garage metal or orchestral music.
The trend only stopped once games got large enough that the soundtracks had to switch to mp3.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they're collectors items op

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I like my little Hollow Knight figures and at $10 a pop, these are extremely well priced. Have you been to a comic shop or even a Game Stop these days? Figures that are shittier than these run for the same or more.

If I can get a little piece of memorabilia to sit on my shelf that both reminds me of a game and experience I absolutely adored AND I can give a few bucks back to Team Cherry while doing it, all for less than the price of an amiibo or T-shirt or movie ticket, I’m more than happy to.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Oh sure, I have some dweeb poo poo around too. This is a dead internet forum, there's weirder poo poo out there than having a little Jack Frost figure.

Alxprit posted:

Ten dollars seems like a good deal to me, considering the 150 dollar Pokemon figurine I saw yesterday

Let's see this fig.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Bogart posted:

Oh sure, I have some dweeb poo poo around too. This is a dead internet forum, there's weirder poo poo out there than having a little Jack Frost figure.

Let's see this fig.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I also bought the minifigs set but when it arrived Hornet's head was already snapped off. Fingers crossed that customer service replaces it for me.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Bleck posted:

I also bought the minifigs set but when it arrived Hornet's head was already snapped off. Fingers crossed that customer service replaces it for me.

This breaks my heart. But it's also like, a metaphor for silksong or something.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

That looks like poo poo. You're right not to buy it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bogart posted:

That looks like poo poo. You're right not to buy it.

Yeah, it looks like little child pokemon stuff.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

No matter how much you post in here, you're never going to get Hornet's needle to touch your record.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
HK Silksong: never going to get Hornet's needle to touch your record

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, it looks like little child pokemon stuff.

who the hell would buy something based on a children's video game

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Cactus posted:

No matter how much you post in here, you're never going to get Hornet's needle to touch your record.

:negative:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/Ccmaci/status/1579483755500429319?s=20&t=ZLiPYVfy7y1BRmr9g0TlWw

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

a tweet of a youtube video in the format of a tiktok video, about some text quotes on a discord server

nice info, but I hate the format

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ymgve posted:

a tweet of a youtube video in the format of a tiktok video, about some text quotes on a discord server

nice info, but I hate the format
You can go to those godawful youtube shorts and just replace the "short" in the url with "watch" to make them not be as garbage anymore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRpWCZxQbu0

e: still a pretty silly video, but I can't help but enjoy the hype

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Less than twelve weeks left in 2022.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

ColdPie posted:

Less than twelve weeks left in 2022.

White knuckled with anticipation of the unconfirmed but still undoubtedly certain 12/31/22 11:59 PM surprise release.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The promise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here