Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Lamar Jackson is once again dragging the Ravens to victories just like he did his whole career, including in 2021. maybe pay the man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mystic Stylez posted:

Lamar Jackson is once again dragging the Ravens to victories just like he did his whole career, including in 2021. maybe pay the man

What's crazy is that he makes like one throw a game where you're like god man what were you THINKING. But he could do that once every single game and even lose games because of it occasionally, and still be an MVP candidate

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
https://twitter.com/Mark_Sanchez/status/1574132836830887936

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/defectormedia/status/1574137862454484993?s=46&t=Q9ZSz1dTcou09OuwhcWriQ

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

One-time-only throwback to the open letters thread days:

I'm content to be the only TFF goon who prefers open letters over aftermath threads.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Wonder who the writer of this blurb cheers for

quote:

Carson Wentz completed 25-of-43 passes for 211 yards in the Commanders' 24-8 Week 3 loss to the Eagles, adding three rushes for 22 yards.

Wentz found himself in Week 3 after looking abnormally proficient in the season's first two games. He was sacked nine times against his former team and hit on nearly every drop back. Wentz appeared shaken up at least twice in the second half while his former teammates teed off on him.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

morestead only solidifying his HOF status

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Fate Accomplice posted:

I'm content to be the only TFF goon who prefers open letters over aftermath threads.

They were funny sometimes but really played out so I understand why they got rid of it. Still it's ok to throw back to it now and then :)

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I just want the Raiders to get Bryce Young and fire McDaniels now

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
CAught the highlights of the Vikings/Lions game.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Mac Jones our defensive MVP for sure.

I was thinking before I don't remember a Ravens defense that does nothing well like this one. Usually run D is at least good even if the rest of the D blows but this year not even that is good.

it reminds me of the, uh, '09?, defense that was all "bend don't break".

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

A big flaming stink posted:

it reminds me of the, uh, '09?, defense that was all "bend don't break".

We've had a few of those. Reed was kind of the backbone of those but maybe we can replicate it. We will need as many turnovers as we can get. And the offense has to keep rolling

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

We've had a few of those. Reed was kind of the backbone of those but maybe we can replicate it. We will need as many turnovers as we can get. And the offense has to keep rolling

i never really payed attention to football before 09, reed is really incomparable to someone like marlon, huh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/1574142179194200067

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jones injury sucks because now he gets a mulligan instead of demonstrating that he's not the guy - and Patricia/Judge get a pass too. I think Jones' ceiling is probably like, Derek Carr, and as anyone with eyes and a brains knows that's not enough to win anything.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Good teams are supposed to beat bad teams into hapless dogshit, so the final score of the Eagles game wasn't a big surprise. The extent to which they handed Carson Wentz his rear end was certainly a fun little bonus, though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Also, lol @ Bills Mafia.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Rename the thread BUTT PUNT tia

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

i never really payed attention to football before 09, reed is really incomparable to someone like marlon, huh

Pretty much, yeah

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I like that both the Buttfumble and the Buttpunt involves all four AFC East teams.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It's Time To Talk About Jalen Hurts

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Jones injury sucks because now he gets a mulligan instead of demonstrating that he's not the guy - and Patricia/Judge get a pass too. I think Jones' ceiling is probably like, Derek Carr, and as anyone with eyes and a brains knows that's not enough to win anything.

I think any QB should get a mulligan if their offense runs through Patricia/Judge. Those two jackoffs are pure team cancers more than any player ever was. Utter poo poo.

As an old gently caress this team really feels like the pre-2001 Patriots. Insane coaching controversies that shouldn't exist, random unforced dumb poo poo on the field every week, B-tier QB gets hurt so someone much worse can replace them. It's like wrapping myself in a warm blanket and drinking Haxton's brand vodka.

All that's missing is the cocaine (so far.)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Alaois posted:

Hurts ending up better than Tua and Jones would be pretty great.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Mega64 posted:

I like that both the Buttfumble and the Buttpunt involves all four AFC East teams.

Oh that is neat!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Alaois posted:

He’s good OP

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mega64 posted:

:stare:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think Mac Jones is fine if the offensive coaching wasn't two guys with maybe half a brain between them who have never coached offense. Stupid rear end Patricia hates Kendrick Bourne and won't use him, and they don't even do basic rear end poo poo like call play action. Can you imagine the Patriots of all teams not abusing things like screens and picks when it was a staple of their methodical marches down the field for the last 20 years..

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mega64 posted:

AFC East 2022: The rear end of the NFL

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/mitchgoldich/status/1574147064472240130

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I remember when he was getting talked about as a head coaching candidate.

Never, and I mean NEVER, hire a special teams coach as a head coach

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Neither one includes all four AFCE teams, tho.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

SalTheBard posted:

Couldn't agree more, what the gently caress

It’s as if they decide to use a game as a lab experiment to see what foolishness they can call and make work. I’ve seen Reid do this for 10 seasons now, and it’s extremely irritating.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Week 3 Aftermath: Tua Deez

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Never, and I mean NEVER, hire a special teams coach as a head coach

Worked fine for the Ravens!

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

sweet thursday posted:

Week 3 Aftermath: Tua Deez

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Every time I look at the jaguars score I get more confused

How bad a coach is Urban Meyer?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he didn't know who he was playing against each week until the day before the game

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mystic Stylez posted:

Worked fine for the Ravens!

Outlier that proves the rule

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1574173230763454464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU