Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Flores was definitely hard done by in regards to both the ownership and front office and he's definitely an effective and good coach at the highest level. It also seems like he's a bit of a nightmare in every aspect of being a coach outside of being a coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He was also fired for winning to much

He had a 24-25 record. I can certainly buy that Ross wanted him to tank but he had three full years and never made the playoffs, started his last season 1-7 and constantly undermined the 1st round QB his team drafted. His performance and inability to manage his offensive staff worth a drat were perfectly good reasons to fire him.

He’s a great defensive coach but that doesn’t make him a great head coach.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This guy's Matt Rhule impersonation is incredible

https://twitter.com/TheFanRookie/status/1573378058173685760?s=20&t=_sumXCHsb1vwHOGkI_bhWQ

If you didn't see it, Dan Orlovsky figured out you can predict the panthers based on where CMC is lined up.

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1573070086499405828?s=20&t=VtW0KCIIAucX5QQ-PC81Hw

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

FizFashizzle posted:

If you didn't see it, Dan Orlovsky figured out you can predict the panthers based on where CMC is lined up.

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1573070086499405828?s=20&t=VtW0KCIIAucX5QQ-PC81Hw

Holy poo poo! :lol:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

It'll all be worth it for that Week 18 game where CMC lines up parallel with Baker and takes the handoff for a huge TD run

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It is insane to me how this happens in tyool 2022.

Lost season panthers edition.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Thats on the same level as "go" vs "go-go"

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

FizFashizzle posted:

This guy's Matt Rhule impersonation is incredible

https://twitter.com/TheFanRookie/status/1573378058173685760?s=20&t=_sumXCHsb1vwHOGkI_bhWQ

Wasn't there someone on Twitter who immediately found plays that prove this is wrong? Orlovsky is kinda hit or miss with his analysis.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tbh the panthers woes have been dumb special teams poo poo and massive defensive issues this year.

Their offense isn't setting the world alight but I'd argue they're not the main issue.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Woozie66 posted:

Wasn't there someone on Twitter who immediately found plays that prove this is wrong? Orlovsky is kinda hit or miss with his analysis.

Some guy immediately tried to but he was shown to be wrong. Was there someone else

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its kinda been a hallmark of Rhules tenure on both sides of the ball. They install some basic package and its just so basic a week later the rest of the world had figured it out and there's no expansion or change to it.

His coaching is just a mile wide and an inch deep.

I can see why he's able to turn around just atrocious college programs but he's just not an NFL level coach.

I cant believe we're into year 3 of this poo poo.

At least fitterer has tried to extend the real pieces and build some capital.

If the panthers don't gently caress up the next hire were going to be 2 years away from competitive once they fire this dickhead.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Amy Pole Her posted:

Some guy immediately tried to but he was shown to be wrong. Was there someone else

Maybe not? The guy I'm thinking of is a beat reporter for the Panthers. I didn't dig into the replies to see if anyone proved him wrong.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Woozie66 posted:

Maybe not? The guy I'm thinking of is a beat reporter for the Panthers. I didn't dig into the replies to see if anyone proved him wrong.

Our beat reporters kind of suck lots.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

BlindSite posted:

Our beat reporters kind of suck lots.

Yeah the Deshaun Watson thing really sucked every ounce of credibility out of every beat writer the panthers have, at least the ones who kept tricking poor Fiz into believing their stories

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1573991057867636738

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The death knell, huh. "I have total confidence in my coach" is the reaper's tune.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Maybe he should hire a secondary coach

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The only reason to fire a coach during the season is if you think you're getting a head start on the next year's hiring process and don't want to do that while having a coach under contract but I don't think most owners care about that these days.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mcmagic posted:

The only reason to fire a coach during the season is if you think you're getting a head start on the next year's hiring process and don't want to do that while having a coach under contract but I don't think most owners care about that these days.

Lot of whispers that they’re risking a player revolt, especially on the defensive side.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FizFashizzle posted:

Lot of whispers that they’re risking a player revolt, especially on the defensive side.

What does that even mean? That they will lose games because players won't play good? Isn't that already happening?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mcmagic posted:

What does that even mean? That they will lose games because players won't play good? Isn't that already happening?

Or burns and chinn demand trades.

Chinn to Buffalo makes more sense than I care to think about.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Or burns and chinn demand trades.

Chinn to Buffalo makes more sense than I care to think about.

If you can get a first round pick for him because they are desperate, it's probably a good idea for the panthers to do it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

There are plenty of other reasons:
- You don’t want the dude loving up your player development for another 3/4s of the season
- You don’t want your good players to completely check out on the organization
- You want to evaluate the roster and the coach who is desperately trying to save his job won’t play certain guys because he doesn’t think they give him the best chance to win now
- You don’t want him to fall backwards into enough meaningless wins to make the decision more difficult

The last one happened with the Falcons and they ended up getting tricked into keeping Dan Quinn only to fire him a quarter of the way through the next season. LSU did it with Les Miles in college as well. On the flip side, the Dolphins firing Brian Flores after a 1-7 start would have saved the team a whole lot of bad publicity vs waiting until he rattled off 8 straight wins against bad competition to do what they planned to do anyway.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I don't really know how you measure any of that. I think if you're going to make bad decisions on keeping or not keeping players or not firing a bad coach because of garbage time wins, that is independent of the timing of when you make the coaching change.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Have you never been in a lovely work environment before? Getting rid of the bad leader everybody hates is an easy decision if it improves locker room morale.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/PGutierrezESPN/status/1574135836593082369

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

vs Broncos
at Chiefs

Likely 1-4 at best by the bye. 0-5 probably gets him canned; can't go into the easiest part of the schedule (the immediate weeks post-bye) with the team already checked out. Certain some genius will argue that you actually can because "it shows growth" and it's a big stretch not to give him more time, but the writing is on the wall

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't think it will actually happen because Mark Davis is a huge cheapskate and he already had to eat Gruden's contract. But I will be very happy to watch McDaniels light yet another organization on fire.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I don't really know how you measure any of that. I think if you're going to make bad decisions on keeping or not keeping players or not firing a bad coach because of garbage time wins, that is independent of the timing of when you make the coaching change.

To give you full context Phil snows defense is apparently a laughing stock around the nfl and recognised as a rediculous attempt to play college ball in the nfl.

Hes completely stocked the defensive end and linebacker spot with undersized players and routinely drops our star defensive end into coverage while asking our star safety to play four positions.

Burns has apparently been telling former players like peppers and Smith he wants out of carolina and wants to play for a real coach. Jeremy Chinn apparently told Matt Rhule he just wants to play safety where he'd be an All Pro and not be getting moved around every play.

There's rumours they told Brown they wanted him to be a leaner disruptor so he dropped weight and then showed up to camp and got told forget that you need to occupy as well so he dropped weight and got quicker for no reason.

Phil Snow is apparently very controlling and micro managing too.

This could all just be twitter rumour mill bullshit but there's just soooo very much of it floating around its hard to ignore.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Hopefully the jets will be looking for a new coach and GM next season.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

He's prob not getting fired without a full front office cleanout but if they are actually in the Sean Payton sweepstakes then both Staley and Telesco's seats are at least a little warm right now. Turning the chargers into New Orleans West could be fun anyways

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chucktesla posted:

He's prob not getting fired without a full front office cleanout but if they are actually in the Sean Payton sweepstakes then both Staley and Telesco's seats are at least a little warm right now. Turning the chargers into New Orleans West could be fun anyways

Isn’t the main issue with the Chargers just injuries at a bunch of key positions?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

Isn’t the main issue with the Chargers just injuries at a bunch of key positions?

Yeah.

Doesn't matter how many all pro players you have if literally all of them get hurt.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If Jones is out for the season Belichick is gonna go like 3-14 with Hoyer and Patricia.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hackett has so many red flags you have to bump him up the list Benne.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Denver's head coach needs to be fired

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kirios posted:

Hackett has so many red flags you have to bump him up the list Benne.

:lmao:

Grip it and rip it posted:

Denver's head coach needs to be fired

:lol:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
*whispers the tiniest little noise you can imagine, barely audible at all really*

Kyle Shanahan

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol the Broncos are 2-1 because Jimmy G stepped out the back of the end zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Docjowles posted:

lol the Broncos are 2-1 because Jimmy G stepped out the back of the end zone

:lmao: :sickos: