Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

this looks like a great game to half-pay attention to on my laptop while I play this Call of Duty beta

e: wrong thread but this counts as my reaction to SNF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS RAMS VERSUS CARDINALS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, BENNY SKOWRONEK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME DEFENSIVE ENDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY CONVERTED FROM WIDE RECEIVER TO FULLBACK. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE PLAYS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern legend bennett skowronek

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

I think Tua did actually hurt his back. He ran a QB sneak in the first quarter and gets folded over backwards in the pile. He's clearly in pain when they untangle the pile and he almost doesn't get up, and staggers a bit standing up when he does. The staggering was really the only reason to assume he got the concussion, the hit itself was pretty mild.

It's possible the neurologist missed the concussion, but he did a bunch of extra non-mandatory media after the game including stuff before they left the field, I'm sure if there was any question Miami wouldn't have let him do that either.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

R.D. Mangles posted:

i said this in the NFC North thread, but the bears need to back up a truck to sign garoppolo next season. guy grew up here, everything he knows about quarterbacking is from watching lovely rear end bears quarterbacks, i believe he is the only quarterback that can succeed at Bears Quarterbacking by doing as little as humanly possible.

We know how this would play out. The Bears sign Jimmy G to a huge contract that everyone knows is an overpay, naming him the starter. They got 2-4 before Jimmy gets hurt and misses over a month, where Chicago goes 1-5 behind the still hobbled body of Justin Fields and (Spins wheel) C.J. Beathard. Jimmy returns, initially rusty, but pulls off some wins late in the season (Including against Minnesota, but not against Green Bay), and they finish 6-11.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
In the previous two games this season the Titans offense looked good for one drive and then petered out. Today they got three good drives and a couple ok to mediocre ones in the second half. This is progress. Maybe by next week downing will figure out that Geoff swaim and Cody hollister should not be seeing snaps.

The raiders are not good, man.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
How's Baker doing, legitimately?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
For those of you who aren't watching SNF, you're missing out:

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1574222602515668992

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/willcain/status/1574223797774958592?s=20&t=SlRcnOu2s0PZgRkiK1ejgA

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Docjowles posted:

Tbh if Mac Jones is dead the Pats are right up there in contention for a top draft pick. Hell they were before that happened lol.

Thinking about what late stage Bill would do with a high pick is fascinating.

Bill is too competitive to let them get that bad I think.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Mystic Stylez posted:

The Chargers and Ravens should be allowed to merge rosters every season
The Ragers

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
Crazy to think today had the Dalvin Cook buttfumble and everyone has already forgotten it due to Buttpunt.

Things move fast around here.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mooseontheloose posted:

Bill is too competitive to let them get that bad I think.

Is he gonna play QB?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Hamhandler posted:

I think Tua did actually hurt his back. He ran a QB sneak in the first quarter and gets folded over backwards in the pile. He's clearly in pain when they untangle the pile and he almost doesn't get up, and staggers a bit standing up when he does. The staggering was really the only reason to assume he got the concussion, the hit itself was pretty mild.

It's possible the neurologist missed the concussion, but he did a bunch of extra non-mandatory media after the game including stuff before they left the field, I'm sure if there was any question Miami wouldn't have let him do that either.

You over estimate how much teams care about a players health. There will be a minor kerfuffle while the PA sort of cares then it will go away just like Russ leaving the tent.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

https://twitter.com/SteveGalloNFL/status/1574218149112659968?s=20&t=L6anO4MlyhFwWyhweaXNZA

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the chicago bears have a winning record lmao

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

R.D. Mangles posted:

Football is stupid and I love it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

at the end of tonight's game, either the 49ers or the Broncos will have winning records

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Woozie66 posted:

How's Baker doing, legitimately?

Looking at his stat lines, I think he's broken and 2018 and 2020 Baker never return but 2021 Baker is here to stay.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What the gently caress was that?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

A loss

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/JaMorant/status/1574229897224097793?s=20&t=-J_YvRxRzGPBKwkPBBhMWw

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

a great example of why Kyle Shanahan spent so much draft capital to try to get out of Jimmy G purgatory

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
To be fair to the Broncos’ and 9ers’ putrid offensive outings, their defenses both own.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Imagine just squatting into your block assignment and a regulation pigskin comes rocketing up your rear end in a top hat at point blank range.

Week 3 owned.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Classic bad Jimmy game and bad Shanahan game but combined

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Trent Williams also got rolled up on during the safety, and the Niners couldn’t keep the pocket clean after that, which didn’t exactly help
Jimmy any.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Niners also had some terrible fumble luck. I think I saw a Bronco receiver fumble the ball and it literally bounced directly back up into his arms. All sorts of poo poo like that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Defense played their hearts out but offense couldn't do jack poo poo.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I have now listened to multiple podcasts in the last day where football journalists and “insiders” state as a matter of fact that the 49ers will actually be better with Jimmy guapo over lance. I will never listen to these dorks again

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I have now listened to multiple podcasts in the last day where football journalists and “insiders” state as a matter of fact that the 49ers will actually be better with Jimmy guapo over lance. I will never listen to these dorks again

People on this very forum said the same thing.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Bisciotti should be airdropping gold bars over Lamar's house after watching this SNF game

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

AndrewP posted:

a great example of why Kyle Shanahan spent so much draft capital to try to get out of Jimmy G purgatory

Hey now the guy Shanny wanted blew an ankle today not last week

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Gentlemen, Gentlemen-- please. Both qbs suck

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Turns out our offense sucks without Deebo and Mitchell. Who could've guessed?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Turns out our offense sucks without Deebo and Mitchell. Who could've guessed?

Also without Trent Williams

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jimmy played better in that game than trey lance did this year. pretty cool

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

i said this in the NFC North thread, but the bears need to back up a truck to sign garoppolo next season. guy grew up here, everything he knows about quarterbacking is from watching lovely rear end bears quarterbacks, i believe he is the only quarterback that can succeed at Bears Quarterbacking by doing as little as humanly possible.

It's time to go back to the era of protracted, impossibly sad QB competitions. Gimme Jimmy G and (spins wheel) Baker Mayfield each doing 6-8 week stints as starting QB over the course of three seasons as Eberflus waffles back and forth between which one is Our Quarterback

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

sweet thursday posted:

Gentlemen, Gentlemen-- please. Both qbs suck

Both? But there's 3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Also without Trent Williams

True but the offense was spinning its wheels even before that.