Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This makes me glad about the programming of the Biran vs Kimahri fight in FFX. I had not really been using them and started to worry but after the fact I was informed that it automatically scales to your level.

Though I promise with future FF games I will endeavour to use all my party as best as I can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh also if Lionel is one of the units you need to catch up in TriStrat, please enjoy that his level-up quote is literally just :sickos: verbatim

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I got insanely back into Magic the Gathering again over the weekend and then played a bunch of Cyberpunk, which was always good.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've been playing Potion Permit, a cute life sim where you brew potions by fitting Tetris blocks together, and get to know a whole host of pleasant townspeople

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Though I promise with future FF games I will endeavour to use all my party as best as I can!

Already getting mad on Penelo's behalf

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ffxii is another game where imo all party members should get earned xp

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Which game is Penelo from? I will emboss the name in my brain so as not to forget!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I got insanely back into Magic the Gathering

Which colours you rep?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Rarity posted:

Known for her famous catch-phrase: "I guess I'm also here..."

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Which colours you rep?

I like all the colors generally, but if I had to pick one color to be true to my beating heart it's black.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

I've been playing Potion Permit, a cute life sim where you brew potions by fitting Tetris blocks together, and get to know a whole host of pleasant townspeople
it'll possibly be my next gamefly game although their stock is low....

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Seeing that the Last of Us tv show has Pedro Pascal, and Nick Offerman helps with being interested in the show, where before I had zero interest. That teaser released today was not bad at all either.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

I said come in! posted:

Seeing that the Last of Us tv show has Pedro Pascal, and Nick Offerman helps with being interested in the show, where before I had zero interest. That teaser released today was not bad at all either.

Anna Torv!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
TIL the main menu theme from Need For Speed 2 goes really loving hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69-J2m_GyhI

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I got insanely back into Magic the Gathering again over the weekend and then played a bunch of Cyberpunk, which was always good.

well good news about the recent kamigawa set then! :eng101:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I like all the colors generally, but if I had to pick one color to be true to my beating heart it's black.

Well good news because black is the meta at the moment in Dominaria United standard. Monoblack, esper, grixis, rakdos, etc.

Cut Down, Liliana of the Veil, Meathook Massacre, Sheoldred, Tenacious Underdog, Invoke Despair... the list goes on and on. Black is stacked at the moment.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

Well good news because black is the meta at the moment in Dominaria United standard. Monoblack, esper, grixis, rakdos, etc.

Cut Down, Liliana of the Veil, Meathook Massacre, Sheoldred, Tenacious Underdog, Invoke Despair... the list goes on and on. Black is stacked at the moment.

That what I like to hear!

Mix. posted:

That stuff all looks cool as hell

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mix. posted:

This is true Cyberpunk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6wmQy-5EAM

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Magic the Gathering but with Hatsune Miku? We are hitting weeb critical mass

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lot of posts of ts apologia trying to explain away its clear design faults, unlike elden ring

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stux is biased against Triangle Strategy because he's on a crusade to destroy all things HD-2D

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't bother explaining away elden ring's design flaws, I just say it's flawed

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The real game of February was Atelier Sophie 2, as we all know

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Elden Ring is goated

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the goty is actually kirby. sorry elden ringailures

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My main problem with elden ring is the lack of dlc announcements

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Elden Ring would've been better if it was Bloodborne 2

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Jay Rust posted:

I'm still mad that Sekiro never got DLC

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Jay Rust posted:

They've got to...right!?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

is goat game goated

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

External Organs posted:

They've got to...right!?

No, it's p good as it is

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

loling at that fake elden ring dlc title

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

i hope it never gets any

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
GoW2:

I'm now midway through the second chapter and you can really start to see that they're pulling on Modern Warfare for inspiration. There's a real focus on big cinematic moments like railgun sequences, blowing up giant monsters and vehicles chases with the moment to moment gameplay mostly feeling like its there to carry you from one set piece to the next. This is not necessarily a bad thing, Modern Warfare was rad. There is one super cool idea I've just come across which is moving cover (ie. a living invulnerable rockworm) which feels really unique to a cover shooter and opens up the opportunity for a bunch of cool ideas. So far this is a big step up from the first game.

Also I've realised that I have completely merged the first Gears of War and the first Resistance into one game in my head

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

loling at that fake elden ring dlc title

The biggest lol in that image is Code Vein 2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The marketing tagline for Gears 2 was "bigger, better, and more badass" and you can tell they took that philosophy to heart in every way

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

The marketing tagline for Gears 2 was "bigger, better, and more badass" and you can tell they took that philosophy to heart in every way

You can play as President Angry in VIP mode 2 and one of his execution kill quotes is "do as I say and die!"

Sir that's not a good way to lead

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

it deserves a sequel

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RBA Starblade posted:

You can play as President Angry in VIP mode 2 and one of his execution kill quotes is "do as I say and die!"

Sir that's not a good way to lead

Tell that to Liz Truss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rarity posted:

For me, it's the Tales logo that's one of the first results on a Google search for "womb tattoo"