Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Xtanstic posted:

I'm just impatient and wanted to know if Simulators are a big leap in speed or not rather than wait to grind to 50 and find out for myself

if nothing else it should be easy to hit up z1 and see how it goes. each level 50 is a multiplier and base shards is based on depth in that zone, I remember getting it unlocked and being able to see it helps set your plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Xtanstic posted:

I'm just impatient and wanted to know if Simulators are a big leap in speed or not rather than wait to grind to 50 and find out for myself

Yeah they're a huge jump. The way enemy scaling works though you won't really be in a position where you need to grind to 50, when you're powerful enough you'll get there pretty easily.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Looking at the last page I thought ascension in FAPI was gonna be awful. Just looking at the bonuses though I'm not seeing it? You get:

• 50% more attack and hp
  • Double reincarnation points
  • 25% increase reincarnation experience based on time
  • Higher bonuses per reincarnation level
  • Your choice of quicker breed timer or never spending potatoes
  • New upgrades for both potatoes and rp
  • Keeping some rp upgrades and challenges done

That's like...a significant list of upgrades. Y'all were making me think it was really dire.

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 25, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Have they added cloud save support to FAPI yet or is that still coming?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Arzaac posted:

Looking at the last page I thought ascension in FAPI was gonna be awful. Just looking at the bonuses though I'm not seeing it? You get:

• 50% more attack and hp
  • 25% increase reincarnation points based on time

That's like...a significant list of upgrades. Y'all were making me think it was really dire.

Yeah, it's not bad, but it still feels slow again. Losing all the equipment is enormous, but really makes sense why. 2-3 weeks for the next one doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility, but I'd expect it to not get any faster as you keep pushing deeper into the game. I don't mind it myself, it's a new game and there's lots of content to still be added with an active dev calendar.

E: There's cloud save on steam, but it's not cross platform yet.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah I understand it's gonna get slower but...I don't know, that's kind of the point of a reset system? You get reset to a lower level of power with the promise that you'll level up faster and be way stronger, and this fulfills that. I've played idle games with way worse resets than this that still managed to be fun. :shrug:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

explosivo posted:

Have they added cloud save support to FAPI yet or is that still coming?

Cross platform is coming at the same time as the iOS release. No ETA.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Arzaac posted:

• 50% more attack and hp
  • 25% increase reincarnation points based on time

I think the first 3 points were not really obvious. At least when ascension was first rolled out. The #1 ascension made a comment about checking the bonuses. I couldn’t find where they were listed in game. At that point I just kinda assumed it was just unlocking all the potato/skull/poop/whack upgrades that require ascension. But those take awhile before they are beneficial.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
What is a good iOS game?

I've already played some of the more well known ones like Bacterial Takeover, Venture Communist, Trailer Park Boys (yeesh), and Archer.

Looking for something fresh or different, any thoughts?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

lmao it's not slow at all. On my first run through it took like a week to reach cows and now on this first ascension I'm about to get it on day THREE. Ascension opens up the third page to spend Reincarnation points and you have loads of points to dump into bonuses to Attack and HP/Regen, I have 70%+ bonuses to each and I'm not even at reincarnation 750 yet. I have the first 6 challenges unlocked and finished already, and things are going pretty breezily

No you're not going to blast through everything in hours, but why should you?

Orvin posted:

I think the first 3 points were not really obvious. At least when ascension was first rolled out. The #1 ascension made a comment about checking the bonuses. I couldn’t find where they were listed in game. At that point I just kinda assumed it was just unlocking all the potato/skull/poop/whack upgrades that require ascension. But those take awhile before they are beneficial.

The "information" is the ℹ button that's on every single page. Click it and it'll explain what you get for the first ascension since it wouldn't all fit on the main Ascension page.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

What is a good iOS game?

I've already played some of the more well known ones like Bacterial Takeover, Venture Communist, Trailer Park Boys (yeesh), and Archer.

Looking for something fresh or different, any thoughts?

I’ve been enjoying Grimoire since the last time it got posted itt. It’s a nice concise idler with a few different builds that are easy enough to figure out and test at different parts of the game. I’m on my first reset and it has some good active and passive portions. Not new, but maybe new to you?

I could always use some new options too. E: new options without subscriptions to turn off ads. I don’t mind paying for apps, but I’m not interested in paying monthly for an app without intrusions.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 25, 2022

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Started FAPI this weekend.

Have reincarnated twice, for lvl 103 and 25 points.
Should i pick a new class for every reincarnation? They look very similar, but leveling more classes gain me more talent points at the start?

How important is wacking? I bought autowack after my first re and click on it whenever i remember (while at the pc) so i get like 4-5 wacks per day.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Ineptitude posted:

Should i pick a new class for every reincarnation? They look very similar, but leveling more classes gain me more talent points at the start?

How important is wacking? I bought autowack after my first re and click on it whenever i remember (while at the pc) so i get like 4-5 wacks per day.

You want your levels roughly evenly split since you get bonus points in the talent tree based on your combined class levels.

Do you mean Whack Auto from the resurrection page (click once to get a fraction of your top score) or Auto Whack Auto (does the previous every 15 minutes, automatically)? The first one do it every time it's up, and still you'll want to manually whack every so often to get your high score up. The bonuses are pretty good, and getting a well-timed Attack or HP/Regen bonus will be handy during challenges.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
FAPI: the ascension looked worse than it actually has been. Getting those extra stats, keeping first challenge for worms from the get go, having cow price reduction and buffs maxed from before in whack, all those count for alot of speeding things up. The cap on souls from whacking sucks though, but that has nothing to do with ascending.

Ineptitude posted:

I like to pick new class each time, and you're gonna want to have them all leveled up for extra talent points, and challenges later on. Maybe you can just pick a favourite one and stick with it later, when you don't get enough levels during 2 hour reincarnation, but that probably won't even happen anymore as ascension is now a thing.

Whacking isn't hugely important early on as you get just inventory slots and buffs, but later on there are some nice things in there, cow price reduction being major one. Eventually you'll get gear and other bonuses that'll boost your whack score, so you can farm some points then. And getting 30 minute boost on something while you're actively playing is somewhat nice.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Sayara posted:

FAPI: the ascension looked worse than it actually has been. Getting those extra stats, keeping first challenge for worms from the get go, having cow price reduction and buffs maxed from before in whack, all those count for alot of speeding things up. The cap on souls from whacking sucks though, but that has nothing to do with ascending.

I think the cap on souls may have been there already? Just hidden instead of obvious that you’re hitting the limit? I don’t think I ever noticed more than the few hundred in a day from whack in any case. I can’t really fault them for capping it either way. It’s the premium currency and pretty much the only way they’ll make money. And they already come in at a fairly high pace from the stupid easy daily quests.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ineptitude posted:

FWIW my opinion on the classes:
  • Farmer/Smasher/Hoer: These are all fairly similar classes, they're all pretty good at pushing higher stages. My personal opinion is that I don't like Hoer nearly as much because it's more defensive and gives up crits, but they're all fine really.
  • Harvester/Rancher/Freeloader: These are all really utility classes. Harvester gets a ton of worms (which is good for buying cows), Rancher gets a ton of milk, and Freeloader's great for getting new and better gear. They're all classes you'll want to idle in at some point or another just to build power, even if they aren't very strong themselves.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Kiwi Clicker - how should I set up the autobuyer ratios for carpentry path runs?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Arzaac posted:

• 50% more attack and hp
  • 25% increase reincarnation experience based on time
  • Higher bonuses per reincarnation level

It's not bad if you naturally hit it. People were upset because it was delayed and every bit of grinding after the point you can ascend was completely pointless and not rewarded.

It leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you were done with the content half way to the patch and basically ran the game for nothing so every oh I'll wait for this to finish it's only 15 minutes to justify watching another episode on netflix then pausing it because yes you were that tired and finishing the next morning. Just did nothing at all to help progression.

I'm not sure how you fix that other than delay the launch of the game until it was ready. It was a last minute decision from all accounts too. It fits it is fine. I just hope being able to switch class in the middle of it means you aren't going to fall into traps like abdications in Realm Grinder. Which is what I'm now seeing it as flow wise.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah that's fair, I can see that being frustrating if you're at the cutting edge of progression. Unfortunately it's a problem that affects a lot of long running idle games; if you balance for your long-running players you're kinda shafting the newbies. Would have been nice to get some small bonus for reincarnation level though.

KernelZee
Sep 28, 2021

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Hi all!,

I have NGU on steam, and have been looking for a good iOS idler. I liked universal Paperclips, and I have a kittens game, and a dark room.

Any others in the genre for mobile that would be zombie, cyberpunk, or post apocalyptic? I tried fallout shelter but it didn’t really click with me.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
So I've got another question about Trimps. This is my current portal snapshop.

I once pushed to Zone 145 but it felt a bit slow, I mainly did it because I was ok leaving the game offline for few days. I think I unlocked everything what's there to unlock before 145. Overall, it feels like the progress slowed down and I'm trying to figure if I'm missing something or if the next step just just grinding more helium. From the Helium challenges the only one I didn't do yet is Nom, I ran other ones at least once before. I usually do dailies though for Helium.

I'm currently finishing a run which will give me next ~700k helium. Does anybody have any particular tips how to speed up the progress here?

kaaj fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 26, 2022

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

KernelZee posted:

Hi all!,

I have NGU on steam, and have been looking for a good iOS idler. I liked universal Paperclips, and I have a kittens game, and a dark room.

Any others in the genre for mobile that would be zombie, cyberpunk, or post apocalyptic? I tried fallout shelter but it didn’t really click with me.

Honestly it feels like Android gets all the cool idle games for some reason. Grimoire is pretty good but doesn't quite fit your theme, it's sort of an apocalyptic black magic thing

MattDarling
Apr 25, 2017

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Kiwi Clicker - how should I set up the autobuyer ratios for carpentry path runs?

My solution has been: Why fiddle with ratios when I can just idle longer?

I couldn't figure out if higher number is "this is more important" or vice versa, so I just leave the default settings with ratio off. Eventually it'll buy everything and any given upgrade doesn't make much difference.

Also, the most recent few patches have slowed the game down, so if you're finding it hard to compare to numbers you've seen - that's probably why.

pyrofreak421
Nov 25, 2010
The kiwi clicker ratio is a true ratio. So 24:5:1 would make it try to have the amount of stuff line up with multiples of the ratio like 48:10:2 of stuff actually bought.

I found the ratio useful to get off the ground but after things were moving and the highest ratio item was becoming a blocker I would turn it off and let it run til things slowed down too much and reset.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks for the FAPI tips!
Not all of it makes sense yet (e.g. cows) but im sure it will, soon.

How should i progress in the early stages of the game? I have reincarnated a few times, RE level 229, have bought the first row of reincarnation upgrades, as well as 2/3/0/1/0/0 on the second row.
Progress seems very slow, only 11 levels today. Progress seems to taper off at 2-2-40'ish.
I have been keeping up to date on gear and am spending worms (potatoes and skulls auto) as well as using my talents (focusing on HP/CON related ones. At minimum i'd expect to be able to buy a reincarnation upgrade after every reincarnation but for todays reincarnation i will only get a single point (while needing 10 for the next upgrade)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Progressing in the early stages is generally pretty simple:
  • Make sure you keep rotating your classes, you want to increase your highest level reached for each class as much as possible.
  • Make sure you're doing your challenges; they all grant great bonuses and most are pretty easily completable in a few hours when you get them.
  • Keeping your gear up to date is important, but if your best gear doesn't have Reincarnation Level on it as a bonus you'll probably want a spare set of gear with that bonus on it. That way you can easily swap to your reincarnation gear for some extra exp just before reincarnating.
  • FWIW for the skill tree I tend to focus on offensive bonuses over defensive, just because I figure I'm gonna end up with more potatoes/skulls/exp if I can more easily one shot stronger enemies (For that matter you also do want the Potato/Skull/Class exp up bonuses for similar reasons). You also probably want to make sure you're looking at the special class bonuses on the tree. Every class has a star node on both sides of their respective tree, and you should really be picking those up for the class you're playing (except Rancher, that bonus does literally nothing until you've unlocked Milk).
  • A small reincarnation thing I didn't understand at first: the "Waves Beat" stat is counting your highest wave reached in every stage. Just before you reincarnate, it's probably worthwhile to go back to old stages and push them as high as you can.
  • Other than all that, yeah, just keep grinding away at it. Poking at the discord it sounds like you start getting diminishing returns on the time bonus after 12 hours, so it probably makes sense to reincarnate twice a day (if not more).

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 27, 2022

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks for the FAPI tips!
Not all of it makes sense yet (e.g. cows) but im sure it will, soon.

How should i progress in the early stages of the game? I have reincarnated a few times, RE level 229, have bought the first row of reincarnation upgrades, as well as 2/3/0/1/0/0 on the second row.
Progress seems very slow, only 11 levels today. Progress seems to taper off at 2-2-40'ish.
I have been keeping up to date on gear and am spending worms (potatoes and skulls auto) as well as using my talents (focusing on HP/CON related ones. At minimum i'd expect to be able to buy a reincarnation upgrade after every reincarnation but for todays reincarnation i will only get a single point (while needing 10 for the next upgrade)

Mind you I make it to reincarnation 4750 before ascension and only need 3000 for first ascension so you can probably do it way more casually than I did and complete all content before patches.

You don't want to do 1 a day you want more. You can get a lower leveled class up to level in a few hours usually and you want to keep them fairly balanced. I've mostly done 1 finish up overnight do 1-2 class challenges / bringing a class up to level then go into my overnight.

Cows are really going to help you though, they provide milk, which doesn't reset on reincarnate, it also can be used during the class challenges which you should be unlocking shortly. (when you abandon them you turn it into a regular run so if you want to do 1 per day you'd want to do like an hour in the class challenge getting it pretty far them removing the horrible penalties and finishing it up the rest of the day.

For your overnight you want to farm a zone that you have page 3 skulls on 0.25 or so 5 spawn all the bells and whistles you also want to be able to full clear all 200 medium zones. this seemed to yield the best results. I almost exclusively farmed the highest zone I could clear medium 200. I usually finished a run by spending skulls focusing on attack / def with a splash of reincarnation and tried to push medium as far as I could followed by easy. Then I'd farm the highest easy I could clear 100 for a bit, this usually got me class levels pretty quickly. Spending new skulls or more class EXP maybe a final medium skull run for class EXP before switching to early.

Medium 100 automatically clears easy 100, you should never use easy until the end of the run for class EXP I'm still not sure this is optimal but it seems to give more class EXP than medium at a few zones lower. I haven't put numbers into a spread sheet I'm chilling in the top 100 on most leaderboards I don't care to chase higher.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Did they nerf early game player stats, or make early challenges more difficult after launch?

I have read in 2 places now that you can do challenges when you unlock them but when i tried e.g. the first one (get to 2-1-50 iirc) progress stalled at 1-7-50

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Wait I have to just grind resurrections until level 3000 before I can ascend? Am I missing something that stops it from just being a miserable slog to gain levels?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Len posted:

Wait I have to just grind resurrections until level 3000 before I can ascend? Am I missing something that stops it from just being a miserable slog to gain levels?
There's that snazzy final tier reincarnation one that makes reincarnation nodes +100% that's pretty big, that and doing runs where you just get reincarnation an residue nodes at the end. I found class levels most effective along with the waves defeated (if you can get a few kills in Medium 3-1 and 4-1 making the jump early can be useful. There seems to be a resource bump every new world, switching to a zone you can't full clear otherwise is a net loss from what I eyeball. Haven't sheeted.

The later locked stages of milk are also absolutely insane once you build up enough they are all multipliers. I ended the run with 1e8% in pretty much everything there. (100million percent)

e: My trees are class challenge farm grab all the crit multiplier increases on the wheel grab all the stats, grab everything in 3000+ farmer *faaaaaaaaaaaart* it doesn't matter anymore you just want to push.

For everything else it's a balance of worms (cow farming) and grubs (worm larva farming) I ended the run with 10,000 larva or more in most, pretty upset they were lost since I was like 9th in larva count it was very useful but I don't think it needs to be pushed nearly that hard. 100 is a double, 1,000 is a 10x you know just add zeros now.

For these I avoid the + crit multiplier and go for the nodes that have EXP and worm drop rate in them. The primary focus is getting the extra fancy nodes pushed and grabbing residue. The 25 point nodes in the class specializations are traps if you are trying to do anything but push as far as you can, usually it's better to not push as far and get more bonus resource multipliers for the run. Stats primary come from your level and the 25 point stat nodes in the main ring. (and farmer class nodes but that's for pushing hard)

pixaal fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 27, 2022

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

Ineptitude posted:

The early game progression is primarily from getting higher class levels. Don't rotate classes starting out, since every class starts off with a 1x multiplier to experience and gains an additional 1x (after reincarnating) every 100 levels, starting a different class mostly kills your progression until you build the multiplier back up on the new class. I'm not sure what the best fresh starting strategy is but for ascension I reincarnate out of farmer as soon as I am able and switch to freeloader for several runs before playing other classes. Cycling through classes is best delayed until later when it is much faster to get the initial levels and reset (the bonuses you get from raising reincarnation level by staying on the same class far exceed whatever 5-10 talent points per class gets you on the talent tree).

The most important non-intuitive mechanic in the game is that skull awards are per wave, not per kill. This means you almost never want to farm a zone that isn't at 5-6 potatoes/wave and .25-.3 spawn time on skulls page 3. Your progress is frequently limited not by combat power but by your ability to farm skulls. So early in a run you might stop at 1-6 to farm skulls until you can get the upgrades to farm 1-7, then farm the 1-8 upgrades in 1-7. If you just push through to some zone that's at 20 potatoes per wave you will end up with far fewer skulls (and thus fewer skull upgrades) than if you slowly work your way up.

In terms of classes, the only class nodes really worth considering are freeloader's when you are upgrading your item set. In general I avoid playing any class other than freeloader for more than quick 15-30 minute leveling/challenge runs (harvester and rancher's nodes are ok, but then you are spending a bunch of time on a class that's not freeloader). Freeloader is the pick because it gets 2-4x more item drops than other classes and therefore 2-4x more scrap from destroying those items (2x scrap is roughly +10 enchant levels).

pixaal posted:

It's not bad if you naturally hit it. People were upset because it was delayed and every bit of grinding after the point you can ascend was completely pointless and not rewarded.

It leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you were done with the content half way to the patch and basically ran the game for nothing so every oh I'll wait for this to finish it's only 15 minutes to justify watching another episode on netflix then pausing it because yes you were that tired and finishing the next morning. Just did nothing at all to help progression.

I ended up with some very significant bonuses, but they are kind of hidden. High whack score from the whack bonuses on mid area 4 items gives 20+ minute duration autowhack buffs, so you always have 3-4 buffs if you are sort of paying attention. This is probably not something you'll get via normal progression till the end of a3. There is a tiny bonus 1 RP per 50 overcapped levels that happens to work on the absurdly powerful 'weird rules' reincarnation shop perks meaning someone who played to RL5k gets bonuses as if they were 100 RL higher (until softcap). So as you progress through the ascension you'd spend significant amounts of time with 1.5x atk/def, potato, class xp, skulls, and confection when compared with someone who got to 3k and reset.

Len posted:

Possibly the class path challenges, you should be able to keep them around one area behind the zone you clear in normal runs (so if you are going to 3-8 in normal runs your 6 path challenges should be at 2-8. Skulls and potatoes being the most important). There is also a residue upgrade that reduces the experience required per level based on total residue produced that is extremely important (as well as taking residue nodes to increase your residue income in general).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

cyrn posted:

Possibly the class path challenges, you should be able to keep them around one area behind the zone you clear in normal runs (so if you are going to 3-8 in normal runs your 6 path challenges should be at 2-8. Skulls and potatoes being the most important). There is also a residue upgrade that reduces the experience required per level based on total residue produced that is extremely important (as well as taking residue nodes to increase your residue income in general).

I had a different experience here I locked at 3-9 and couldn't progress challenges to 4-1. I got to mid 4s 4-5-50 or 4-6-50 was as far as I made it, level leaderboard is current ascension so I can't verify.

edit: woah missed this, I need to add to this

cyrn posted:

The most important non-intuitive mechanic in the game is that skull awards are per wave, not per kill. This means you almost never want to farm a zone that isn't at 5-6 potatoes/wave and .25-.3 spawn time on skulls page 3.

Later waves are worth more than earlier waves by a lot. You want to farm on medium because of this. I felt this was pretty obvious from how skulls accumulated but I'm not sure it's actually explained in game.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 27, 2022

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I didn't even need to get past 4-1 to hit my first ascension. Could I have pushed farther, probably. Did I need to worry about it? Nah. My milk bonuses were much lower for the first Ascension as well. Even the challenges I did by just leaving them to farm on a level I was one shotting overnight. Honestly, I think the key was just finding the level to farm, and remembering to turn off the auto-advance. All the other things will optimize your first run and make it shorter, but it's an idler and I don't see any utility in rushing to the end of the content yet.

Getting the Auto-Whack from the Soul shop was very useful. So are the Potato/XP/Skull boosts there. Don't sleep on the Auto-Quest completer either as it'll apparently use the Daily code and keep you having free potions that are good for finishing challenges a little faster.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Jhet posted:

Don't sleep on the Auto-Quest completer either as it'll apparently use the Daily code and keep you having free potions that are good for finishing challenges a little faster.

You want to spend one of your 10k gem spends on not having to type the word daily every day and click 6 boxes?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

pixaal posted:

You want to spend one of your 10k gem spends on not having to type the word daily every day and click 6 boxes?

yes

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

pixaal posted:

Absolutely. Especially when I will often go a couple days or more away from the computer. Gone for a week and that 7000 souls that it gained for me will have already paid for itself.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

kaaj posted:

So I've got another question about Trimps. This is my current portal snapshop.

I once pushed to Zone 145 but it felt a bit slow, I mainly did it because I was ok leaving the game offline for few days. I think I unlocked everything what's there to unlock before 145. Overall, it feels like the progress slowed down and I'm trying to figure if I'm missing something or if the next step just just grinding more helium. From the Helium challenges the only one I didn't do yet is Nom, I ran other ones at least once before. I usually do dailies though for Helium.

I'm currently finishing a run which will give me next ~700k helium. Does anybody have any particular tips how to speed up the progress here?

You need to throw more points in looting because it also improves those helium drops. I get about 1.1 million helium from a Crushed run to Bionic Wonderland at a very similar progression point. But, I will say, I am kind of also a little stalled out and feel like I probably just need to ladder up by doing runs and spending helium.

In general, keep doing runs, keep trying to increase your highest zone to get achievement bonuses and try to focus also on unlocking new challenges. It's a games of very incremental progress to a fault. Nothing you unlock is super great, but some of it is neat.

One thing to really remember is that there's no reason to ever do a non-challenge run because the challenge always ends or you hit the give up button. So every run spent outside a challenge is pretty much a waste. It's always best to do some kind of challenge, and then push your highest zone if you feel like it.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 28, 2022

Sayara
May 10, 2009

pixaal posted:

There's that snazzy final tier reincarnation one that makes reincarnation nodes +100% that's pretty big, that and doing runs where you just get reincarnation an residue nodes at the end.

I think this and the reward from 8th challenge got changed, at least the wordings on them are now just "Reincarnation Exp". Nodes don't change from their 25% either anymore after getting them.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Dipping my toe in this genre, it looks like there are a LOT of things in it and I'm not really sure where to start. Looking for something to fiddle with on commutes and in waiting rooms, so it has to function on mobile and has to have offline progress rather than needing to keep it running. Besides that, I'd prefer one where numbers don't get to a scientific notation scale, for some reason that makes them stop feeling satisfying/real to my brain.

Anyone have a favorite they'd like to recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Dipping my toe in this genre, it looks like there are a LOT of things in it and I'm not really sure where to start. Looking for something to fiddle with on commutes and in waiting rooms, so it has to function on mobile and has to have offline progress rather than needing to keep it running. Besides that, I'd prefer one where numbers don't get to a scientific notation scale, for some reason that makes them stop feeling satisfying/real to my brain.

Anyone have a favorite they'd like to recommend?

Idle Skilling fits these pretty well. When numbers get too big they just become like, diamond coins instead of gold coins to represent the higher order of magnitude. It's mobile and has offline progress and a huge pile of interlocking features. I played it effectively to completion on mobile and I'm doing it again now that it's on Steam.