Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Apparently after the game Nathaniel Hackett started telling people Betty White 'Did Not Look Away' After Jon Hamm Had To 'Back That Thang Up' On Her. He wouldn't stop saying Betty White 'Did Not Look Away' After Jon Hamm Had To 'Back That Thang Up' On Her to anyone who was within earshot and he was still saying Betty White 'Did Not Look Away' After Jon Hamm Had To 'Back That Thang Up' On Her up until everyone had showered up and left him alone in his little cubby "office" at the stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

R.D. Mangles posted:

the chicago bears have a winning record lmao

they're gonna Bears their way to another 6-7 win season where they look like trash but won't have a high enough draft position to do much about it

YOLOsubmarine posted:

People on this very forum said the same thing.

we didn't see enough Trey Lance to say definitely either way but he blew in the first game+

wilderthanmild posted:

Looking at his stat lines, I think he's broken and 2018 and 2020 Baker never return but 2021 Baker is here to stay.

I don't think we should judge Baker on his Panthers play, like this team is loving atrocious. Mostly it seems like he has some clear limitations but can still be semi-competent at times. I think he's in the range of passable starter in the right system.

Ohhhhhhhhh, just had a fun idea. The 49ers should sign Baker in the offseason.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

we didn't see enough Trey Lance to say definitely either way but he blew in the first game+

Ohhhhhhhhh, just had a fun idea. The 49ers should sign Baker in the offseason.

I feel like Lance is going to end up a weird footnote in 49ers lore, always wondering what could have been if he wasn't bouncing between injuries and Jimmy's shadow before falling out of the league.

Also I really thought Baker had a chance to improve the Panthers. But Rhule is just such a stupid beer burp of a coach, nothing else matters until he's gone.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah Baker has been mostly fine. He hasn't set the world on fire putting the team on his back kinda play but we haven't lost 2 games due to him.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Just skimming the KC@IND game and the Chiefs absolutely lost due to Mahomes' goofy Ronald McDonald lookin rear end shoes

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

BlindSite posted:

Yeah Baker has been mostly fine. He hasn't set the world on fire putting the team on his back kinda play but we haven't lost 2 games due to him.

Ehhhhh I disagree with this. He is hitting on an alarmingly low percentage of his passes and it isn't because of a lot of drops. He takes unnecessary sacks because he wants to try one... Last...pumpfake into the flat. He always wants to roll right even when it means he's running into the teeth of the defense. He just doesn't seem to have chemistry with any receivers and is always leading them way too far.

That's not to say that he is the reason we suck. He is a small contributor to it. It doesn't seem like he couldn't turn it on and start doing well at some point, but he isn't doing that now.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

He was always going to require development but they took him because his ceiling was much higher than Jimmy G.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
Chiefs special teams are trash lol. That was embarrassing. Skyy Moore gonna get turned into bbq ribs for Andy. Chiefs likely fine going forwards, but holy poo poo. No shade to the Colts, who seized their opportunities with all four hooves and beat the Chiefs fair and square.

At least the Eagles looked like gods. :toot:🦅🔋

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

Ehhhhh I disagree with this. He is hitting on an alarmingly low percentage of his passes and it isn't because of a lot of drops. He takes unnecessary sacks because he wants to try one... Last...pumpfake into the flat. He always wants to roll right even when it means he's running into the teeth of the defense. He just doesn't seem to have chemistry with any receivers and is always leading them way too far.

That's not to say that he is the reason we suck. He is a small contributor to it. It doesn't seem like he couldn't turn it on and start doing well at some point, but he isn't doing that now.

I dont necessarily disagree. I still think most of it is chemistry and timing. Rhule's insistence on having an "open" competition between baker and darnold and on the offensive line when everyone with even a passing knowledge of football knew who the starters were was the dumbest poo poo possible.

If he still looks this way in the back half. Yeah dudes cooked but he's at least had us in every game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BlindSite posted:

Yeah dudes cooked but he's at least had us in every game.
He's baked.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

edit: Oops, doublepost

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

Crazy to think today had the Dalvin Cook buttfumble and everyone has already forgotten it due to Buttpunt.

Things move fast around here.
Wait what?!? I didnt hear about a Dalvin Cook Butt Fumble...

edit: Found it, 50 seconds left in the 3rd quarter. Not as profound as Sancehz's but still a buttfumble.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Sep 26, 2022

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I dont necessarily disagree. I still think most of it is chemistry and timing. Rhule's insistence on having an "open" competition between baker and darnold and on the offensive line when everyone with even a passing knowledge of football knew who the starters were was the dumbest poo poo possible.

If he still looks this way in the back half. Yeah dudes cooked but he's at least had us in every game.

I think we're past that excuse. Baker looks terrible. He doesn't even look like he can complete the route tree at this point.

His only completion that went further than 10 yards through the air was just a scramble drill to Shi, and that should have been picked off.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Nice

https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/1574182038022029312

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
At the end of the Packers / Bucs game Rodgers alluded to the Jumbotron showing something it shouldn't have, which allegedly was Brady with a tablet next to him that showed the playcall on the 2 point conversion.

The tablets are sentient and are getting their revenge.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Hot Diggity! posted:

At the end of the Packers / Bucs game Rodgers alluded to the Jumbotron showing something it shouldn't have, which allegedly was Brady with a tablet next to him that showed the playcall on the 2 point conversion.

Maybe they should've showed the Bucs receivers because they sure as gently caress didn't know what routes to run.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

wandler20 posted:

Maybe they should've showed the Bucs receivers because they sure as gently caress didn't know what routes to run.

To be fair some weren’t in the league last week.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

FizFashizzle posted:

I think we're past that excuse. Baker looks terrible. He doesn't even look like he can complete the route tree at this point.

His only completion that went further than 10 yards through the air was just a scramble drill to Shi, and that should have been picked off.

Wasn't there also a 14 yd strike to Robby Anderson at some point?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

Wasn't there also a 14 yd strike to Robby Anderson at some point?

that sounds kinda familiar. like maybe on the right hash? threw it like a water balloon?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

hearing that this Nat Hack fella is getting some traction in the Coach of the Year polls

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

that sounds kinda familiar. like maybe on the right hash? threw it like a water balloon?

I think that was right after the completion to Shi, yeah.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/ringernfl/status/1574216436930805761?s=46&t=bgX-KE4KrRUKTk2M2wAKuw

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am so loving bummed about fields, i actually let myself believe this one time

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am so loving bummed about fields, i actually let myself believe this one time
Is there any chance they sit him till next year so he doesnt get irreparably broken behind a dogshit OL with no reasonable WRs to throw to?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I'm not really versed in QB mechanics, but Russ was missing everyone high.

There were a couple drops by his teammates (Jeudy's hands are made of stone) but he keeps throwing it high in the middle. Players are gonna get hurt bad this way.

Is that something that can be fixed, or is it a regression from age?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Is there any chance they sit him till next year so he doesnt get irreparably broken behind a dogshit OL with no reasonable WRs to throw to?

the bears are not going to let trevor siemian and nathan peterman start 14 nfl games.

fields was an incredibly accurate passer in college. in the offseason, the bears changed his mechanics to shorten his delivery. on the sunday night game, they showed that he now receives the ball with the left foot forward, opposite to what he's done his entire life. he no longer looks like he knows how to throw the ball.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Forrest on Fire posted:

I'm not really versed in QB mechanics, but Russ was missing everyone high.

There were a couple drops by his teammates (Jeudy's hands are made of stone) but he keeps throwing it high in the middle. Players are gonna get hurt bad this way.

Is that something that can be fixed, or is it a regression from age?
Russ has never been good at throwing over the middle, I think? Something I just saw recently has me thinking that but I could be wrong.

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bears are not going to let trevor siemian and nathan peterman start 14 nfl games
Makes sense, unfortunately.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Bears and Jets are perpetually in the hope/no hope cycle with quarterbacks. Here's our current state. I'd say Fields is 1 tier below in Excuses, except it's "Supporting cast sucks, not his fault" although it might be coaching too.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

god dang, the poor chargers

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1574411254848016384?s=20&t=V1Xk7WKNoq3ezAHZkW5VEg

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

noooooooooooooo this can't happen to the one good northwestern player in the nfl

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hot Diggity! posted:

What? Tom Brady cheating? Why he would never

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Don't worry, if he wants to be out there with his teammates Stanley will still let him play.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Codependent Poster posted:

What? Tom Brady cheating? Why he would never

While Tom Brady is a cheater, this is more a fuckup on Brady and the camera crew by - again allegedly - leaving the playcall in open view because then Rodgers was able to relay to the defense what was going to happen.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Risking your future to beat the Jags is one thing, but doing so in garbage time to said Jags is a fireable offense.
Chargers love getting close to glory and then pooping themselves on both the micro and macro level

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Woke up with plenty of optimism about Denver. It might be another win-ugly year but holy hell, the defense is yoked. Randy Gregory, Josey Jewell, and Bradley Chubb are a pretty frightening pressure squad.

Most importantly, it is appearing that Pat Surtain II was the CORRECT draft choice. He is a complete passing deadzone wherever he dwells.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Chargers are a public health hazard.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Woke up with plenty of optimism about Denver. It might be another win-ugly year but holy hell, the defense is yoked. Randy Gregory, Josey Jewell, and Bradley Chubb are a pretty frightening pressure squad.

Most importantly, it is appearing that Pat Surtain II was the CORRECT draft choice. He is a complete passing deadzone wherever he dwells.

You sure? You could've had Fields! This is a joke.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Woozie66 posted:

They basically already do.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Woozie66 posted:

fields would be fine if he was not on a Quarterback Death Zone team (the bears, jets, and hopefully the Browns)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It'll probably be that ultimately TLaw is the only QB out of the 2021 draft who is good enough to be a franchise QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

fields would be fine if he was not on a Quarterback Death Zone team (the bears, jets, and hopefully the Browns)

I don't think this is true