Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Ok I keep seeing crying/celebration on the official forums about Mechanist getting nerfed. But I don't see anything that impacts mechs. Where is this nerf info coming from?

Edit:

Bad page snipe here have fractal hair-metal pirate Charr again

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Hakarne posted:

Ok I keep seeing crying/celebration on the official forums about Mechanist getting nerfed. But I don't see anything that impacts mechs. Where is this nerf info coming from?

Edit:

Bad page snipe here have fractal hair-metal pirate Charr again

Aim Assisted Rocket's getting nerfed per some stream they did the same day they dropped the preview. Reasonable hit to the mech's damage output, but overall the spec's still quite viable. Which means that players are going to continue to complain about a reasonable easy spec to play until it can't do over 10k DPS, then complain about it no longer being viable. As is tradition.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Lol that sounds like a perfectly reasonable change. Maybe Mechanist will go from fantastic dps to just great dps.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Just make all the other specs stronger, cowards.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm getting 10K+ DPS on Mech with zero effort.
A nerf will mean we will see fewer giant green dudes around and that's fine by me.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
They're clogging up the JPs. Worse than rangers.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Kris xK posted:

Random questions

How bad of an idea is it for me to buy a glyph of leatherworker for my unbreakable pickaxe?

Should I have tipped the person who allowed me into their home instance? If so, sorry Decx owes Haranga some money.

Why are silverwastes so popular it has a 24/7 squad? I get Riba and the entire event seems decent but I don't get its popularity.

Leatherworker is apparently a good glyph (i dont have it, but people really need leather)

Nope, no need to tip for home instance stuff. Maybe if someone mes ports you to the end of a stupidly hard jp that not on the daily, yeah. (I typically just return any tips if ive done something to help someone out...)

RIBA is a fun map. There is no forced play. you do what you want when you want (other than maybe the end) you can drop in and drop out as you want.
Loot is good, (open bags on a 45-50 toon for iron ore)

Only maps that are similar would be Dragonfall or Drizzlewood coast. But both of those you are stuck to the zerg, doing what the zerg does, when the zerg does it.

End of map loot is pretty chill too. You arent in any rush to tag a mob (dragonfall) (Drizzle doesnt have an end of map loot)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

pointlessone posted:

Does this work for rings? I've had a couple drop in pvp with absolutely worthless stats that is live to get use out of.

What you should do with those ascended rings is attune them (1 Agonized Essence 1 +1 agony infusion 1 philosopher stone and the ring in the forge) and then use a 1g ascended salvage kit (that you sometimes get for free from fractal dailies and cm's)
They salvage into Stabilizing Matrix's which make it profitable to salvage those rings and attuning them gets you a extra.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What you should do with those ascended rings is attune them (1 Agonized Essence 1 +1 agony infusion 1 philosopher stone and the ring in the forge) and then use a 1g ascended salvage kit (that you sometimes get for free from fractal dailies and cm's)
They salvage into Stabilizing Matrix's which make it profitable to salvage those rings and attuning them gets you a extra.

But note this is only worth it with dropped salvage kits and attunement items. If you have to buy the stuff, it's unprofitable.

If you're overrun with worthless stat rings, just vendor them.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I just discovered guild wars 2 and i'm in love.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Astrochicken posted:

I just discovered guild wars 2 and i'm in love.

Be sure to join the guilds so we can give you lots of presents!

Dzurlord
Nov 5, 2011
I also just started in, and am having a blast - but I tried to jump in on one of the discords in the OP and the link isn't good anymore?

Edit: Skip it, worked this time. No idea what was up with that.

Dzurlord fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 25, 2022

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Mechanist is also losing the Ferocity bonus from https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mech_Frame:_Variable_Mass_Distributor, so they'll only get the base 50%. Works out to maybe another 20% nerf to the pet's damage if you're in full berserker/scholar. I think people were predicting the benchmark would be 34k - 35k after patch.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Lpzie posted:

Wow, just got back into the game. Been playing for a few weeks. It's fun. So much to do. And the Wiki has been a big help in getting me back on my feet. However, there doesn't seem to be an entry for this one location I recently found. Any thoughts? Might be a spoiler so I'll hide it.

christ, my subconscious told me what this was but my conscious brain kept dismissing it

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Just in case anyone was wondering, yes you can join a PoF HP train at level 30, and no you will not aggro the whole map. I did die if anything so much as looked at me, but since broken armor isn't a thing anymore it was no biggie. I did get about ten levels too.

Also, I think some of the combat HPs have a minimum amount of damage you most do to get them to trigger, since I wasn't able to get a few. It was only like one or two per map though.

I'm absolutely not going to try HoT until 80 though. I'm pretty sure my character would delete itself if I went at 40.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I went to a Zander HoT train (there's almost always someone on a 30 or 40 there :laffo:) on a key farm guardian alt who was 61 or 62, still got one-shot a lot and yeah I missed a bunch of the combat points. Especially if I went down, there was not enough time to reach damage thresholds.

And the channeling point in the chak den was impossible. But that was more because in Zander trains no one is waiting or helping you there and some guy died right on the point, missing the poison mastery, so I accidentally kept trying to rez the idiot and lost a lot of time in which the baby chak patrolled around and offed me :(

It was worth it, the alt was 69 after the run :v:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Lpzie posted:

Wow, just got back into the game. Been playing for a few weeks. It's fun. So much to do. And the Wiki has been a big help in getting me back on my feet. However, there doesn't seem to be an entry for this one location I recently found. Any thoughts? Might be a spoiler so I'll hide it.

lmao

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'll bite, what's the reference in the picture?

I'm going to try to start WvW this week, I'm on a different server or I'd have joined goon WvWednesday long ago. I'm running out of excuses to avoid it. I want to do the anniversary achievement, maybe get the cat mount, and see if I like it since it has been a while.

Looking at a few build websites I can run trap dragonhunter, support firebrand, hammer herald, or banner spellbreaker on characters I have plenty of pve experience on. I can also do scourge or scrapper but they are boosted so I'd have a lot to learn. Firebrand is kind of daunting with everything it has access to, and honestly I don't really like the feel of dual sword assassin revenant (used by the meta hammer herald). Any advice?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

bagrada posted:

to give you a chance to figure it out: the animals are a hint

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
WvW builds depend heavily on what you’re wanting to do in the game mode. Flipping camps for easy reward tracks, roaming for solo/small fights, and being in a large squad are all very different.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

to give you a chance to figure it out: the animals are a hint

Thumbnail it and say hello to an old friend.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

poo poo, the thumbnail did it. I should have known.

whydirt posted:

WvW builds depend heavily on what you’re wanting to do in the game mode. Flipping camps for easy reward tracks, roaming for solo/small fights, and being in a large squad are all very different.

Camps and large squad depending how active things are on Sanctum of Rall. I was looking at zerg builds to start with, but might end up doing camps just to get some stuff done. I always liked the big fights the most in Dark Age of Camelot, though my dial up internet wasn't a fan.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 26, 2022

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

bagrada posted:

I'm going to try to start WvW this week, I'm on a different server or I'd have joined goon WvWednesday long ago. I'm running out of excuses to avoid it. I want to do the anniversary achievement, maybe get the cat mount, and see if I like it since it has been a while.

Looking at a few build websites I can run trap dragonhunter, support firebrand, hammer herald, or banner spellbreaker on characters I have plenty of pve experience on. I can also do scourge or scrapper but they are boosted so I'd have a lot to learn. Firebrand is kind of daunting with everything it has access to, and honestly I don't really like the feel of dual sword assassin revenant (used by the meta hammer herald). Any advice?

If you're not 100% set on something, you can look at Vallun's "one build for every game mode" guides here. Since getting a full set of gear can be a big time/money commitment, these offer ways for you to take one single set of gear and, through some minor adjustments of traits and skills, adapt it for use in either solo PvE content or WvW roaming.

As a full-time guardian, I've tried his dragonhunter and willbender builds. Dragonhunter feels a little fragile, though that class is just sort of glass cannon-y in general, but his willbender one has solid sustain.

If you haven't played much of the competitive modes, the biggest hurdle is definitely going to be learning how to fight an intelligent, reactive opponent, and guessing what their class is capable of doing. Expect heavy condition pressure and lots of CC, way more than you're used to seeing from PvE mobs

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender

bagrada posted:

Camps and large squad depending how active things are on Sanctum of Rall. I was looking at zerg builds to start with, but might end up doing camps just to get some stuff done. I always liked the big fights the most in Dark Age of Camelot, though my dial up internet wasn't a fan.

Is there a time when you think you'd be WvWing? I know of a few SoR groups, might be able to point you towards them

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Actuarial Fables posted:

Is there a time when you think you'd be WvWing? I know of a few SoR groups, might be able to point you towards them

I usually get going a bit after reset a few nights a week and play for a few hours. I looked into WvW about a year ago in the last thread but didn't end up trying before I took another break from the game. I might get distracted here with some HoT stuff I want to do yet and the halloween events. But I do want to dig in sooner rather than later in case I do find I can start plugging away at tracks and armor.

I've got some pvp experience from other games, but haven't done any in this one since a bit after release. I do need to learn more of what the classes can do, its only recently that I'm finally starting to recognize what all the icons are.

Maybe I'll suicide into the arena matches for that decade of dragons achievement and get my feet wet that way.

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
If you're on soon after daily reset, then you shouldn't have any problem finding some groups to tag along with. Watch for callouts in map/team and head to where the action is.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Copper-fed salvager is on sale, along with build and template expansions.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Copper-fed salvager is on sale, along with build and template expansions.

Dont be like me, buy the Templates not the Build Storage. :argh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah I don't get Build Storage unless you have multiple characters using the same build, in which case you need a therapist.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Silver-Fed Salvager (which I just bought two days ago) is also on sale.

Patch notes are also up, and the rage about scrapper gyros was heard:

quote:

Update from CMC:

Hi everyone, back with a quick update:

Since the preview we've seen a lot of feedback around the proposed change to convert Scrapper gyros into ground-targeted stationary spells. The main concern we've seen is that this change would remove the unique feeling of the skills without replacing it with something new.

We agree – we'll be reverting the proposed changes and will be making a different set of adjustments to Purge and Sneak Gyro for WvW:

Sneak Gyro: Reduced stealth duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second in WvW only. Reduced number of pulses from 6 to 3 in WvW only. This skill is no longer a smoke field in WvW only. This skill now plays a visual indicator to enemies on activation.
Purge Gyro: Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in WvW only.
For clarification, we'll still be changing Defense Field into a ground-targeted skill in the October 4 update.

We'd still like to take a pass on updating the design of Scrapper gyros in the future, but not until we work out a replacement mechanic that feels both unique and fun to use.

As always, thanks to everyone who gave feedback on the upcoming changes; we really appreciate it.

Cal "cmc" Cohen

Skills and Balance Lead

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Kris xK posted:

Silver-Fed Salvager (which I just bought two days ago) is also on sale.

Patch notes are also up, and the rage about scrapper gyros was heard:

I don't see the patch notes, link?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Saraiguma posted:

I don't see the patch notes, link?

I didn't read it until now due to work vpn, turns out it was just an update on scrapper only from cmc.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/121353-october-4-balance-update-preview/?do=findComment&comment=1766075

Kris xK fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 27, 2022

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Is silver fed even worth it? Seems like the mystic kits go a pretty long way. I guess runecrafters isn’t for sale either but I’m always confused if either is worth getting.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Is silver fed even worth it? Seems like the mystic kits go a pretty long way. I guess runecrafters isn’t for sale either but I’m always confused if either is worth getting.

https://fast.farming-community.eu/open-world/unid-gear

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Unless you’re on a brand new account and need some Magic Find from luck or ecto for crafting, I’d just sell your unid unopened.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

It kind of looks like mystic kits are good enough to skip the silver fed but salvaging the upgrades on the greens with runecrafters may be worth it.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mystic kits have 250 charges and that is an absolute fuckload of rares to salvage.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah Mystic kits last a lot longer than one might expect. Silver Salvager takes a long while to recoup the expense.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If you have a bunch of mystic forgestones sitting around (and what else are you going to use them on?) I would hold off on the silver-fed until you are completely dry on mystic forge stones, it's also purely karma to make them from some living story vendors compared to spending 2g 50s for every stack of 250 rares you salvage.

I make a lot of those kits and also took my magic find from halfway full to maxed out by using them to salvage ecto's and I still got over 250 mystic forgestones sitting in my bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I still think the mystoc stones should be able to be used the same as coins