Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I've been looking at what to do with my older ps4 pro, is this something worth trying or nah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyX3HzDd4b8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Anyone played Civ 6 on PS5 who can confirm if it shits the bed late game on bigger maps?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I

loving

Love

Shooting off robot parts from tall grass. Love it.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Really? I think I heard about this game where that's like the main thing you do

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Kazzah posted:

Really? I think I heard about this game where that's like the main thing you do

They learned so much from being crushed by BOTW, I look forward to what they learned from Elden Ring.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Of course I'm gonna watch it, but the trailer for the TLOU show really drives home for me that being a video game is an essential part of TLOU cause without it, it sort of looks like standard issue zombie stuff.

I'm sure it'll be fine. Looks like it sticks close to the game so that should be novel, but I'm still just like "do we need this?" I guess we didn't need a TLOU remake and I bought it anyways this is at least free to watch lol.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I don't give a rat's rear end about tlou tv show but I'm glad an entirely new audience gets to enjoy a neat (if inferior) new version of a well told story.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

That's cool, I hope you enjoy it. Even though I've purchased that game 4+ separate times I still want to play the remake. Can you tell me if there's a 'Mirror World' tweak or option?

There is mirror world.

Theres a buttload of bonus stuff. More than TLOU 2

E: This was clearly answered on the last page lol. I'm skipping around the thread.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Sep 27, 2022

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Not sure I can watch the TV show. We do not get HBOmax in the UK.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

They released the first game Father's Day weekend, the fucks.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

VideoGames posted:

It's regular HBO.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Fix posted:

They released the first game Father's Day weekend, the fucks.

lol

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

VideoGames posted:

You’ll be able to watch it on sky or at 144p on NowTV

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I do not have SkyTV or Now TV. Not really wanting to help Rupert Murdoch out.
I hope the series is good for those who watch it :)

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

VideoGames posted:

I do not have SkyTV or Now TV. Not really wanting to help Rupert Murdoch out.
I hope the series is good for those who watch it :)

Sorry Veeg you live in Ingland the moment you wake up you’ve personally enriched Murdoch with more child’s blood and imported Tim tams

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Cyberpunk offers players the choice of ‘breaking through a door (loud), going through a grate (quiet), regular entry, or a back way with a medkit’

Actually:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRBqVAefSos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r-SWhA7q3c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3yslMLjhDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI8jdU1RKEQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3BOuQ-mkTg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDYocKOceYw

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Johnny is the worst part of the game though

You mean best part

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cyberpunk is a lovely ~immersive sim~, but let's face it all of them are. The genre never lives up to it's promise. It's always just shoot everything, go through the air duct or hack the computer and then just stand there looking at the other things you could have done like "ok" The whole genre is big on ideas and low on execution.

CP2077 does a have a really cool world and some really fun characters though and at the right angles it looks pretty stunning, which is why I like it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cyberpunk doesn’t even work properly on the level of reactivity inside an individual quest.

I had instances where I was a total ghost and I got chewed out afterwards for being loud, and instances where I mowed everybody down with assault rifles then got complimented for being a super sneaky ninja. I eventually worked out that as long as you stand just outside the yellow box it highlights on the map and leave at least one person inside it alive, then cross over and stealth kill them from inside the box, the game decides that you were an absolutely silent assassin regardless of how dumb and loud you got killing everyone else. If you just kill everyone without ever stepping foot inside the yellow box, then it declares you to have done it dumb and loud even if nobody saw you and you didn’t fire a single bullet.

It’s just a fundamentally broken game.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I loved cyberpunk a lot, but it does have that same 'mile wide, inch deep' problem that a lot of big games have. There's this weird feeling I get sometimes, when you've absolutely destroyed some gang and you're just surrounded by their bodies and, and you just feel empty. You've broken the game over your knee, and really it's all meaningless. It happened in skyrim too.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's neon Fallout 3 yeah

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Cyberpunk doesn’t even work properly on the level of reactivity inside an individual quest.

I had instances where I was a total ghost and I got chewed out afterwards for being loud, and instances where I mowed everybody down with assault rifles then got complimented for being a super sneaky ninja. I eventually worked out that as long as you stand just outside the yellow box it highlights on the map and leave at least one person inside it alive, then cross over and stealth kill them from inside the box, the game decides that you were an absolutely silent assassin regardless of how dumb and loud you got killing everyone else. If you just kill everyone without ever stepping foot inside the yellow box, then it declares you to have done it dumb and loud even if nobody saw you and you didn’t fire a single bullet.

It’s just a fundamentally broken game.

It's just something where you have to look past it's flaws if you want to enjoy the good stuff. I don't think any amount of patches is going to make it a super tight gameplay experience, but it still has this crazy well realized world and some fun mission design with memorable characters.

I don't think the perfect CP2077 is ever going to exist but there's enough quality stuff in there it's worth suspending some cynicism for.

And at the end of the day the guns feel plenty good to just blast some dudes.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

snoremac posted:

Anyone played Civ 6 on PS5 who can confirm if it shits the bed late game on bigger maps?

I've never played it on any maps bigger than large but it runs really nice on ps5

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's neon Fallout 3 yeah

Now this is a "take"

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
unsure why people who really hate a given game are so determined to make sure everyone else hates it too i mean its a fuckin game

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

unsure why people who really love a given game are so determined to make sure everyone else loves it too i mean its a fuckin game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

Now this is a "take"

I mean I'm playing it again and enjoying it, I enjoyed FO3 also, it's just..you know, what it is and all

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Cyberpunk is a lovely ~immersive sim~, but let's face it all of them are. The genre never lives up to it's promise. It's always just shoot everything, go through the air duct or hack the computer and then just stand there looking at the other things you could have done like "ok" The whole genre is big on ideas and low on execution.

CP2077 does a have a really cool world and some really fun characters though and at the right angles it looks pretty stunning, which is why I like it.

Yup to all this.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Best new (?) addition to tlou part 1

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

fridge corn posted:

I've never played it on any maps bigger than large but it runs really nice on ps5
Might have to splurge. It was really dumb getting it on Switch wtf did I expect

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bop bop perano posted:

Best new (?) addition to tlou part 1

:five:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

unsure why people who really love a given game are so determined to make sure everyone else loves it too i mean its a fuckin game

The vast majority of your posts in this thread are negative. It can be tiring for people especially if people are having a fun conversation.

When there are posters who do this I want them to post about things they like. You like Burnout (I checked) which one was your favourite between Takedown and Revenge? I loved Takedown because it introduced me to the game but Revenge was my most favourite due to the cars, the tracks and the crashbreakers.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I forget if it was Revenge or Dominator but one of them the PAL release had the soundtrack half filled with different language versions of an Avril Lavigne song and that was extremely funny

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

kirbysuperstar posted:

I forget if it was Revenge or Dominator but one of them the PAL release had the soundtrack half filled with different language versions of an Avril Lavigne song and that was extremely funny

The avril lavinge song in Paradise City was tailor made for driving to. I like Paradise City the most because of learning the whole map and some of the modes - plus I could use my own MP3s with it so I could make my own soundtrack. I know it is really divisive though and most people are not fans.

There was also that kind of top down Burnout that was only crash junctions and was almost a puzzle game. I cannot remember it right now, but it was great! Really good use of Deus Irae when the tornado would hit.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

The vast majority of your posts in this thread are negative. It can be tiring for people especially if people are having a fun conversation.

When there are posters who do this I want them to post about things they like. You like Burnout (I checked) which one was your favourite between Takedown and Revenge? I loved Takedown because it introduced me to the game but Revenge was my most favourite due to the cars, the tracks and the crashbreakers.

Trail Out or Wreckcreation will save us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESfhVNwrL0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSeF0JGZYWE

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Must have been Dominator now that I look at it. Pretty decent soundtrack in general - Alice in Chains, NERD, KSE and Trivium, not bad for something mostly destiny for the PSP

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

got another covid booster good god i feel like rear end :emo:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I vow I will play this game!

And it was Burnout Crash! A little arcade game released in 2011. Great time waster :)

kirbysuperstar posted:

Must have been Dominator now that I look at it. Pretty decent soundtrack in general - Alice in Chains, NERD, KSE and Trivium, not bad for something mostly destiny for the PSP

Sony should release this on PSPlumium.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I think it was Burnout 3, i.e. Revenge that I first saw the crash mechanic ripping a car apart. We played that game for hours just to see crash replays it was such a change from the usual "no our cars are fancy and expensive if you want them in your game you can't show them with dents"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I played a lot of Burnout Paradise, if I remember correctly it was one of the games they gave away when PSN was down for a solid month after some kind of data leak? And yeah it had a pretty great soundtrack for thrashing around the roads and trying to get perfect runs on each stretch. While the NFS games have their merits, the soundtracks weren't ever as good and the driving isn't quite as arcadey as the old Burnout games which is what I really want (I don't want to have to get good at driving if I can help it). Are either of those games on that level?