Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
lol yep can confirm it's still busted I just got a crash at the end of a hard fought match right as the victory screen was about to pop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If you get to the end of the season pass, you can get one playable character for free!

*Proceeds to not work for an entire day of a two month season*

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

If you get to the end of the season pass, you can get one playable character for free!

at the least, i saw that level 18, which is a free reward, gives you 1000 blue stuff. i've already got another 1000 from doing beginner challenge poo poo, so that's a character right there

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Meanwhile, you take the good with the bad, there are apparently fakeout MVP animations, which are dope as poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnTG6C3FMN0

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
So if your friends are ranked and your difference is greater than 3000, you can't even play casual mode together. Hoenstly what the gently caress

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

usually well run pvp games will give out goodies as compensation for this

Kwolok posted:

So if your friends are ranked and your difference is greater than 3000, you can't even play casual mode together. Hoenstly what the gently caress

this cannot be true gently caress you

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Stairmaster posted:

this cannot be true gently caress you

It is true hahahhahaha

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So apparently that daily login stuff not being cumulative is deliberate.
https://twitter.com/GUNDAMEVO_JP/status/1573900375257915392
love this game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nuebot posted:

So apparently that daily login stuff not being cumulative is deliberate.
https://twitter.com/GUNDAMEVO_JP/status/1573900375257915392
love this game.

Yeah I figured lol

Bought Unicorn though so the rest of this holds no sway over me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Most of this wouldn't bother me nearly as much if the units weren't paywalled.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Most of this wouldn't bother me nearly as much if the units weren't paywalled.

I'm hoping they reverse course or change this before it hits console.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

Meanwhile, you take the good with the bad, there are apparently fakeout MVP animations, which are dope as poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnTG6C3FMN0

the dude got my name wrong :(

that Guntank MVP is hilarious though. Just gonna run you over

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wtf it did not acknowledge my daily challenges at all...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I just got like, eight quickscope GM Sniper kills in one match

This is legitimately broken but I was having a great time laughing at the absurdity

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

And that was legitimately the first time I'd ever played GM Sniper too, I didn't even touch it in beta

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Canyon point B seems really hard to attack. Granted I was on Exia and also not good at Exia, but it feels like there aren't really any sneaky entrances or sightlines that aren't easily covered.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Barbatos feels like one of those things where the *slightest* bit of latency makes it completely unplayable when you're playing it, and mostly uncounterable if you're not.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Not that they need to dilute the loot pool, but I just had a cool idea for Portrait unlocks: Gunpla box arts

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
was honestly one of the better unlocks for the builders mobile game.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Revitalized posted:

Not that they need to dilute the loot pool, but I just had a cool idea for Portrait unlocks: Gunpla box arts

Gunpla skins where all the markings are clearly stickers and you can see nubs across the body.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Once I finish with my battlepass, because I spent ten dollars on it, I don't think I'm going to play this game further unless they legit just do something about the sniper. It fires almost as fast as the Turn A's rifle does, but does vastly more damage and you don't even need to score headshots consistently to exert a disproportionate amount of influence over the battlefield, bodyshots do enough damage that if you're not two-shotting most things, your team can mop them up ridiculously fast (or you can finish off things your team is engaging with) from such a distance away the enemy team either has to divert someone to go deal with you, or have a sniper do a stupid sniper duel with you; something defeated entirely by stepping behind a mild wall. The sniper currently just makes the game kinda suck because it shits out damage or instant death with almost no downside between being a bit squishy, which is dumb considering it's almost always outside of most suit's effective range anyway and out shoots anything besides another sniper that might want to kill it from range.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Once I finish with my battlepass, because I spent ten dollars on it, I don't think I'm going to play this game further unless they legit just do something about the sniper. It fires almost as fast as the Turn A's rifle does, but does vastly more damage and you don't even need to score headshots consistently to exert a disproportionate amount of influence over the battlefield, bodyshots do enough damage that if you're not two-shotting most things, your team can mop them up ridiculously fast (or you can finish off things your team is engaging with) from such a distance away the enemy team either has to divert someone to go deal with you, or have a sniper do a stupid sniper duel with you; something defeated entirely by stepping behind a mild wall. The sniper currently just makes the game kinda suck because it shits out damage or instant death with almost no downside between being a bit squishy, which is dumb considering it's almost always outside of most suit's effective range anyway and out shoots anything besides another sniper that might want to kill it from range.

Flank it with Barb or Zaku or use GM to just snipe back at it and kill it in 2 shots while you have a shield, if they're corner camping + peaking you can spam rockets with dom too.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'd say the sniper is ok except on the drat harbor map

i'd also say removing it from the game would be a big improvement

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kild posted:

Flank it with Barb or Zaku or use GM to just snipe back at it and kill it in 2 shots while you have a shield, if they're corner camping + peaking you can spam rockets with dom too.

The problem is that it still takes a disproportionate amount of effort, more or less, to take down or manage a sniper than it does for even a mediocre sniper to just waddle in and out of cover and poo poo out bodyshots into the skirmish below.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The GM Sniper is genuinely overpowered. If it had a scoped charge up time it would at least reduce the number of lethal quick scopes when in close range.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah the amount of times i get rushed down by a melee/zaku/aerial mech only to just flick headshot and go about my day is silly.

Good for getting accused of hacks tho.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

When I do it it's hilarious, when it happens to me it's irritating but also karma

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

always come at a sniper from behind, both because then they can't flick headshot you and because they can't go dash into their team when they see you coming

the robots that counter sniper are also pretty good in general so i don't think the disproportionate amount of effort is really that big a deal on most maps. you're gonna be doing essentially the same thing either way

harbor though, on top of being sniper heaven, is also real hard-chokepointy so it's difficult for a zaku to zip around the back. asshimar can pull some tricks though, and i think barbatos and exia have enough vertical mobility to take at least some of the same shortcuts

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So who's up for another five years of being gaslit and told you're bad for not countering the sniper?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
To prevent being headshot, simply remove your head (play asshimar).

That's actually something i said while demonstrating the game to a friend and it worked a treat.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Giving suggestions for how to deal with the sniper isn't gaslighting what the gently caress?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Are the servers still hosed or has that settled down?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

So who's up for another five years of being gaslit and told you're bad for not countering the sniper?
youre bad for not countering the sniper

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sniper is bad for letting himself be countered.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

sniper sucks and only the most toxic of gamers have anything else to say on the subject

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sniper is rear end in a top hat. Why Zaku hate?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

ninjewtsu posted:

Giving suggestions for how to deal with the sniper isn't gaslighting what the gently caress?
I apologize. My post was inspired by old discussions in other games but clearly came off as targeting you.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

youre bad

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

for the record i am very down for sniper nerfs/removing it from the game, i just have yet to personally experience a game where i felt like we were losing because the sniper is OP and there's nothing we can do (except on harbor). its presence does genuinely make the game less enjoyable except for those sweet, sweet moments where i get to clown on a sniper player.

No Wave posted:

I apologize. My post was inspired by old discussions in other games but clearly came off as targeting you.

it's cool, i get it. snipers don't make games more fun for anyone except the person playing sniper, and suggestions for how to deal with it do carry the implication that everything is fine you're just playing wrong. i just thought jumping straight to gaslighting was a weird escalation in the conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

RBA Starblade posted:

Are the servers still hosed or has that settled down?

It seemed fine when I played last night. Before that, I was playing on the Japan servers while waiting for stability on NA. The ping was actually reasonable! The game reported ~40-45ms for me around the DFW area.