Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ah, I assume they were shown in a cutscene then? I don't know how I missed that one.

Yeah Raiden's character teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydPqFAEgHzs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Finished Aranayaka quest without guides or spoilers (or so I believe), and like 80%+ exploration for the regions. Just a few questions for after all that:
1) I am at 45/46 Teleport locations unlocked. Every spot on the map is lit up, haven't done Tighnari's story quest. Is this expected right now or is there something I'm missing like doing 1+ of each domain?
2) Where are the rewards/treasure chests for bringing the Aranara back home (guessing I'm at ~40)? I'm missing one Vasmrti flower right now if that's relevant
3) Where does one reference the book of pictures for the mailbox? I definitely started the quest in some form but don't see ways to reference it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Just made something approaching a good friendship grinding limited team comp for La Signora. Fischl/Sayu/Collei/Tighnari

Sayu rolled in and triggered C6 Oz to go nuts and my eyebrows shot up so fast they hit the ceiling. The second phase was very tough on the other hand. If any of them aside from Fischl had above lv 6 talents it might've been easier.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

while they are very gay they're also very historically accurate: ningguang's claws are qing-era fingernail guards called 指甲套
if you put that name into google images you'll see lots of screenshots of Chinese period dramas with actors wearing them on two fingers just like ningguang does

e: here's a painting of an actual real person:
Empress Dowager Cixi, who ruled from 1861-1908 (that's surprisingly recent!)

Okay, now after seeing an actual example I suddenly remember the Earth Queen from Korra had those. I feel like I've probably seen them in at least a couple martial arts movies at some point but I can't remember anything specifically now. Probably someone in Dynasty Warriors Orochi 3 as well. Thank you for the post though, it's very informative!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Maxwells Demon posted:

Finished Aranayaka quest without guides or spoilers (or so I believe), and like 80%+ exploration for the regions. Just a few questions for after all that:
1) I am at 45/46 Teleport locations unlocked. Every spot on the map is lit up, haven't done Tighnari's story quest. Is this expected right now or is there something I'm missing like doing 1+ of each domain?
2) Where are the rewards/treasure chests for bringing the Aranara back home (guessing I'm at ~40)? I'm missing one Vasmrti flower right now if that's relevant
3) Where does one reference the book of pictures for the mailbox? I definitely started the quest in some form but don't see ways to reference it.

1: The one I was missing was in one of the aranara mission caves, up north in the Chatrakam Caves area. The cave's under that big stone arch in the river, and there's little zip targets to take you up to the teleporter. The questline in that cave prods you to run straight forward and not go up there, which is how I ended up missing it.
2: Can't get there without doing all the pictures, it's behind the 10th. Also probably requires that seed from in the chasm, if you haven't gotten that. ↓
3: It's in the aranara book, the images are on their own tab.

gandlethorpe posted:

Opened my inventory today and some items I had no idea existed from the Remelting event expired. Did they even do anything?

I don't remember them having any sort of option to interact with them when I spotted them in my inventory.

MoonCrab posted:

Alright, last day of patch(?), time to throw in the towel and look things up. First thing, lets check out this Garcia's Paean quest that I never found :)

It's in wangshu inn :geno:

Good timing, I'd gotten a commission (so I assume the rest of this quest is stuck behind more of those), and I'd completely forgotten about Mr. no-money-calculator man.

RareAcumen posted:

Just made something approaching a good friendship grinding limited team comp for La Signora. Fischl/Sayu/Collei/Tighnari

Sayu rolled in and triggered C6 Oz to go nuts and my eyebrows shot up so fast they hit the ceiling. The second phase was very tough on the other hand. If any of them aside from Fischl had above lv 6 talents it might've been easier.

Okay, now after seeing an actual example I suddenly remember the Earth Queen from Korra had those. I feel like I've probably seen them in at least a couple martial arts movies at some point but I can't remember anything specifically now. Probably someone in Dynasty Warriors Orochi 3 as well. Thank you for the post though, it's very informative!

lol probably my least unpleasant clear of that involved barbara and qiqi. Very inconsiderate of her to keep setting the drat floor on fire on top of everything else.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Maxwells Demon posted:

How are you seeing the total number of teleporters in a region?

It's probably the teleporter in this cave that doesn't show up on the map until you get nearby. You'll have to look around a bit.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Sanctum posted:

How are you seeing the total number of teleporters in a region?

It's probably the teleporter in this cave that doesn't show up on the map until you get nearby. You'll have to look around a bit.

It's in the achievements list for Sumeru pt 1. And yeah, that's the one I was missing.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if the reason for the weird boxes around the dream arches that are too huge to be just a single minigame area is that there's future content planned for them based around that travelling-into-dreams concept.

I figured that out. When you complete an arch and turn in the seeds, you get the sparkle effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTz3uNgeyVc&t=105s

Then there's a glitch that makes the same sparkle happen when a finished arch is spawned into the overworld.

https://i.imgur.com/vGT2sGR.mp4

The completed arch over there on top of the waterfall is spawning in when I cross a certain line on the map. When that happens, some stray line of code is making me sparkle as if I just finished the arch activity.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Oh, you found a place where you can see it directly. Neat.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

cyno trailer out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9WuPBOC_S8

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hell yeah, give me the Edgelord Anubis Boy.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Zenostein posted:

1: The one I was missing was in one of the aranara mission caves, up north in the Chatrakam Caves area. The cave's under that big stone arch in the river, and there's little zip targets to take you up to the teleporter. The questline in that cave prods you to run straight forward and not go up there, which is how I ended up missing it.
2: Can't get there without doing all the pictures, it's behind the 10th. Also probably requires that seed from in the chasm, if you haven't gotten that. ↓
3: It's in the aranara book, the images are on their own tab.

Thanks! Found the last teleporter exactly where everyone said it would be.

Did not know the book existed and now have 6/10 pictures and can work to find the rest, which will lead me to finishing the rest of the book hopefully/maybe.

Thanks for all the super useful replies.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Hell yeah, give me the Edgelord Anubis Boy.

sorry, we have a jokester yugioh rival instead, will that suffice? :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It occurred to me while dragging my rear end through the archon quest in time to start the event and mostly complete it: genshin impact is a good game.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

kater posted:

It occurred to me while dragging my rear end through the archon quest in time to start the event and mostly complete it: genshin impact is a good game.

it's going to be so weird switching between it and BotW2 next year.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Maxwells Demon posted:

Just to give you a heads up - if you're refering to the actual visible quests that they gave you, there is a lot of arana stuff left. I stumbled across some of it on my way to 100%ing areas, but parts of it are incredibly obscure.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
So these are the most likely nahida leaks:

1000EM is really easy to reach without weapon thanks to EM ascension so I am still coping that she might get a low cost burst and protoambernahida will be real.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
All set for the desert.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If nahidas consts are real then c2 doesnt seem nearly as busted as originally thought. A 20% average damage increase on core reactions is not the same as enabling the core reactions to crit natively. 30% def reduction on aggravated reactions is pretty good though for characters like Keqing and Fischl

E- also if nahidas personal damage isnt bad it might not be a bad idea to put in a zhong li in the electro aggravate team just to benefit from the shield and universal shred.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 27, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That one leaker saying it "makes bloom crit" was technically right but yeah I got way too excited as to what it could have meant. That C2 just isnt very exciting, even though it's strong.

She seems really C0R0 friendly given that she caps out at 1000EM and I'm guessing she doesnt actually do significant personal damage.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 27, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

She sounds pretty loving strong and now I'm imagining stacking her EM buff with C2 Kazuha's or Sucrose's in a hyperbloom team

Just casually blasting enemies with 1400+ EM hyperblooms, no big deal

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the real question is how good will the full archon team be

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Endorph posted:

the real question is how good will the full archon team be
Not even that bad. Zhongli is the odd man out the other three fit together great.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I finally R5'd The Catch :toot: now I can never fish again until they eventually add another good fishing weapon one day

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

Not even that bad. Zhongli is the odd man out the other three fit together great.

Zhongli at least gives you survivability in an otherwise no-healer team.

Kale
May 14, 2010

So tonight is the 3.1 patch right? I dont have my math wrong?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yes. Tonight we all get our candaces and C2 kukis in twenty pulls.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

:pray:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

The gacha gods do not smile upon those with high expectations.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I'm at 75 pity with no guarantee and over 200 pulls in the bank. If I lose the coin flip I'm terrified of not having enough to guarantee Nahida, but I'm gonna roll the dice anyway because that's what a man does.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Not a ton of buzz about him, but anyone else excited for Cyno? Seems like a fun engaging gameplay pattern with his Burst and Skill

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Pope Urbane II posted:

I'm at 75 pity with no guarantee and over 200 pulls in the bank. If I lose the coin flip I'm terrified of not having enough to guarantee Nahida, but I'm gonna roll the dice anyway because that's what a man does.
We get 100 rainbow wishes this patch (double the f2p average considering it's a 5 week patch). I think you'll be just fine.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

We get 100 rainbow wishes this patch (double the f2p average considering it's a 5 week patch). I think you'll be just fine.
Cripes, that many? I might be able to take the 50-50 on Nahida without breaking my long-term plans, then.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

Whoa, why's it so high? Is this counting all of the announced events and stuff?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Not a ton of buzz about him, but anyone else excited for Cyno? Seems like a fun engaging gameplay pattern with his Burst and Skill

He looks fun and cool enough that I won't be disappointed to get him. Hypercarries just aren't typically my cup of tea.

Of course, it always hinges on how the trial feels. There's a few parts of his kit that sound odd/overcomplicated (like his A1), but maybe they feel right in practice.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

They updated the daily check-in page today with a running set of extra 7 days of bonuses, the ability to make up for a missed day (by earning a coupon to do so by clicking on some of the hoyolab links), and a link to a 10 day "Gifts of Encounter" where you enter daily for a chance to win a welkin moon. According to the details 10% of the entrants get a welkin moon and the rest get 100k mora at the end.

Okay the link I had didn't work without the huge amount of stuff after the ? in the URL, but just go to the daily check-in page.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Rexxed posted:

, the ability to make up for a missed day (by earning a coupon to do so by clicking on some of the hoyolab links)

Nice, I always look at the end of the month and I've somehow missed a few days.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
What does cyno even do? I'm going to be wishing on him but all I know is spear+electro and he's like a jaffa guard from stargate or something idk

I hope Shinobu gets better with constellations cuz using her at c0 her burst AOE is such utter trash that I never bothered leveling or using it. She really ain't much to talk about, she shits out electro in a small AOE and heals the active character. There are so many better options for off-field electro support and the only distinction Shinobu has is that Fischl/Beidou/Raiden can't heal. :geno:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

People jokingly call Cyno the Electro Xiao but it's sort of an apt comparison on the playstyles. He wants to stay in his burst as much as he can because it gives him a new moveset with electro infusion and is where the bulk of his damage output is. His burst also changes his skill by adding a timing mechanic to it where it will get huge and powerful with precise timing. Basically an ominous eyeball glyph will pop up on screen and timing the skill with when that flashes will make the skill a big explosive AoE.

Other than that he has some passives that let him benefit from EM so he'll wanna build a hybrid of ATK & EM to really maximize. Aggravate will probably be his ideal comp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sanctum posted:

I hope Shinobu gets better with constellations cuz using her at c0 her burst AOE is such utter trash that I never bothered leveling or using it. She really ain't much to talk about, she shits out electro in a small AOE and heals the active character. There are so many better options for off-field electro support and the only distinction Shinobu has is that Fischl/Beidou/Raiden can't heal. :geno:

Shinobu's gone up in some people's estimation with the addition of hyperbloom because she's an especially good hyperbloom team member. She likes EM already so she's a great hyperbloom trigger, her E's AOE and duration makes it really easy and reliable to trigger a lot of hyperblooms with it, and because hyperbloom teams have three elements locked in (hydro, dendro, and electro) it's nice to have some role consolidation with an electro healer.