Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

No contest, you çan easily get hosed up enough to enjoy the dumb robots from space. Cats only gets more terrifying on substances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I’m so fuckin in for this

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

By popular demand posted:

No contest, you çan easily get hosed up enough to enjoy the dumb robots from space. Cats only gets more terrifying on substances.

I'm gonna have nightmares, I went into this quite baked. But I was laughing so hard at one point I couldn't breathe for a concerning amount of time, so it cancels out.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
Sometimes I have to rewind the movie because I want to actually hear the dumb line that the Riff just spoke over. But the lyrics of the songs are so banal, but the songs themselves are pleasant enough, that it's like the movie is providing background music for the riffing.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Another Sean and Conor riff. This time the San Diego Chicken tries to indoctrinate us in the ways of capitalism.

https://youtu.be/rKcbGaMJ86o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKcbGaMJ86o

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As ever Sean and Connor do a bang up job. It helps this short film is.... a thing.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hey, remember when MST3K riffed the Castle of Fu Manchu? Well, have I got some good bad news!

https://mobile.twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1570841749295333376

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

New flick is the Christopher Lee fronted Blood of Fu Manchu. They actually liken it to that Sumaru movie MST3K did recently, which was nice to see.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Sumaru got riffed three times: once by orignal MST, once by Rifftrax and now there's neoMST too.
I personally prefer the Rifftrax version.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching the riff of Split Second and think it is very goofy how Rutger Hauer's character starts the movie dressed like the main character of the Shadowrun game for the SNES.

Edit: SAME GUY, THEY'RE THE SAME GUY!

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 18, 2022

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
How is cats one of the hardest movies they have riffed for me to sit through? 20 min in and I'd rather be watching things or roller gator again.

The riffs aren't bad, it's just the movie itself.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

muscles like this! posted:

Watching the riff of Split Second and think it is very goofy how Rutger Hauer's character starts the movie dressed like the main character of the Shadowrun game for the SNES.

Edit: SAME GUY, THEY'RE THE SAME GUY!

I watched the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie on Friday and Jay Patterson, the doctor from McBain, showed up as April O'Neill's boss.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Billy Gnosis posted:

How is cats one of the hardest movies they have riffed for me to sit through? 20 min in and I'd rather be watching things or roller gator again.

Yeah, Cats is honestly a chore when you're not just watching clips and you're trying to sit there and take in the whole thing.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Cats is God's punishment for a sinful world.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Split Second has a lot of money (or at least clever masking of money problems) to have a script this astoundingly stupid.

Billy Gnosis posted:

Cats is a musical where the best songs are done by the professional dancers because they had to stick to a beat.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Billy Gnosis posted:

It's just really boring. It's weird but not weird like Rollergator where I find Rollergator more interesting to watch. Maybe if we weren't in an era of CGI monstrosities and instead were in an era of whatever Rollergator was it would be more interesting to see whatever Cats is.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
1990 Bronx Warriors has been showing up on the Twitch channel lately and it kinda owns? Escape 2000 from MST3K is the sequel to this one. This movie is more of a ripoff of The Warriors than Escape From NY but it's crisp and stylishly shot, like they actually used quality film stock and not that yellow stained flyspeck covered stuff you see in other low budget Italian films. It must've been restored recently.

Kinda weird that they put Nazi iconography on our hero's gang though. What's up with that Italy? :catstare:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Biker gangs wearing Nazi bullshit is a whole weird thing that comes, IIRC, from motorcycle culture having foundations in 1950s societal dropouts who were frequently WW2 vets themselves.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

It's just really boring. It's weird but not weird like Rollergator where I find Rollergator more interesting to watch. Maybe if we weren't in an era of CGI monstrosities and instead were in an era of whatever Rollergator was it would be more interesting to see whatever Cats is.

This is absolutely true. I also think somebody, talent aside, wanted Rollergator made. They had a dream about a girl and her adventures with a gator hand puppet, aided by a girl with a slingshot and trying to avoid the other Estevez brother. I'm not sure anybody wanted Cats to be made. It felt like a mandate.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Biker gangs wearing Nazi bullshit is a whole weird thing that comes, IIRC, from motorcycle culture having foundations in 1950s societal dropouts who were frequently WW2 vets themselves.

Also associated with Punk for the longest time as a way to stick it to the Man, I understand why people used the iconography at the time but I'm glad it's no longer a thing.

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!
While watching Blood of Fu Manchu I idly looked up the movie and then the character, and it turns out that:

quote:

According to his own account, Sax Rohmer decided to start the Dr. Fu Manchu series after his Ouija board spelled out C-H-I-N-A-M-A-N when he asked what would make his fortune.
Rohmer also created Sumuru as a femme fatale version of Fu Manchu, and like Fu Manchu she's been portrayed multiple times in film, but only by white actors.

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Sourdough Sam posted:

I came across the Hawk the Slayer soundtrack on youtube today. I can't believe how actually great it is. It's very derivative of Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds concept album which I also like, so it scratches a very specific itch for me. Shame the movie is so dull. I love this corny orchestra with synths on top of a disco beat stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQsNtec0x2Q

Holy poo poo it launches straight into it with no delay, this is amazing. Now I gotta go listen to Thunderchild though, oh darn.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1573390288516546560

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fezz posted:

Another Sean and Conor riff. This time the San Diego Chicken tries to indoctrinate us in the ways of capitalism.

https://youtu.be/rKcbGaMJ86o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKcbGaMJ86o

This is a weird short because it starts off talking about how the San Diego Chicken is a guy in a mascot outfit but then spends an inordinate amount of time acting like he's actually a big chicken.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I... I own all the bestsellers from their list.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Barudak posted:

I... I own all the bestsellers from their list.

I was a little surprised at Miami Connection on Birdemic not being on there.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Or Balloonland!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The public at large are not ready for the horrific truths contained within Balloonland.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

are there any joe estevez rifftrax other than rollergator?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

That DICK! posted:

are there any joe estevez rifftrax other than rollergator?

San Franpsycho and Baby Ghost, both from the same people who made Rollergator.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Don't forget the MST3k classic Souuuuultaker!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And Wherewolf

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joe at least has a sense of humor about his bad movie work, see his appearance on the show Eagleheart or all his roles for Tim Heidecker.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I liked San Franpsycho fwiw

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

San Franpsycho is a better movie than it's shoestring budget would have you prejudge.
It is fortunate to Rifftrax that for whatever reason it didn't get any serious investment because then it would be up to the level of a million forgettable made for TV thrillers.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

muscles like this! posted:

Joe at least has a sense of humor about his bad movie work, see his appearance on the show Eagleheart or all his roles for Tim Heidecker.

You mean Mister Money?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/clastowka/status/1575941113625694209

Tiny Tim plays an evil clown. :ohdear:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm so on board.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also has a very young Peter Krause in his first role.

Edit: A really weird thing is that Krause is just credited as "The Boyfriend" when they say his name a bunch of time in the movie (it's Steve.)

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Tragic that Zindy the Swamp Boy is apparently one of their worst selling riffs because that ending must be seen to be belived.