Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Wheany posted:

No, it's Stable Diffusion specifically not knowing who Bugs Bunny is. Craiyon knows who he is and is doing its best:

This is how midjourney handled that prompt (slightly modified because 'Heroin' is a naughty word)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Rutibex posted:

"pinup girl, large feet, made of yogurt"

You had to go there, didn't you?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

mcbexx posted:

lol

It's cool how AI art all of the sudden simultaneously gave us the ability to make crazy cool art and also disgusting uncanny valley poo poo where you don't really know what you're looking at but you know it's unsettling

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
anyone got any good style prompts for photographs? I have locked in 3 painted art styles so far for my styles.csv but I struggle with figuring out what makes "real life" images more accurate or higher quality.

also here are the 3 styles i use all the time (formatted for pasting in to the csv in notepad) because sharing is ftw
code:
new neosurrealism," by bruce brenneise, brad kunkle, and peter mohrbacher, intricate, 3d render, neosurrealism. digital concept art, pixel art, rendered in octane, trending on cgsociety, trending on artstation, extreme detail"," (((deformed))), [blurry], bad anatomy, disfigured, poorly drawn face, mutation, mutated, (extra_limb), (ugly), (poorly drawn hands), messy drawing, text, CAPTCHA"
matte2," elegant, digital painting, artstation, concept art, matte, sharp focus, illustration, art by josan gonzalez"," (((deformed))), [blurry], bad anatomy, disfigured, poorly drawn face, mutation, mutated, (extra_limb), (ugly), (poorly drawn hands), messy drawing, text, CAPTCHA"
BrooksKunkle," ""elegant intricate digital painting artstation concept art by Mark Brooks and Brad Kunkle detailed"""," (((deformed))), [blurry], bad anatomy, disfigured, poorly drawn face, mutation, mutated, (extra_limb), (ugly), (poorly drawn hands), messy drawing, text, CAPTCHA"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

mcbexx posted:

this is the weirdest used condom I've ever seen.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

AARD VARKMAN posted:

anyone got any good style prompts for photographs? I have locked in 3 painted art styles so far for my styles.csv but I struggle with figuring out what makes "real life" images more accurate or higher quality.

also here are the 3 styles i use all the time (formatted for pasting in to the csv in notepad) because sharing is ftw
code:
new neosurrealism," by bruce brenneise, brad kunkle, and peter mohrbacher, intricate, 3d render, neosurrealism. digital concept art, pixel art, rendered in octane, trending on cgsociety, trending on artstation, extreme detail"," (((deformed))), [blurry], bad anatomy, disfigured, poorly drawn face, mutation, mutated, (extra_limb), (ugly), (poorly drawn hands), messy drawing, text, CAPTCHA"
matte2," elegant, digital painting, artstation, concept art, matte, sharp focus, illustration, art by josan gonzalez"," (((deformed))), [blurry], bad anatomy, disfigured, poorly drawn face, mutation, mutated, (extra_limb), (ugly), (poorly drawn hands), messy drawing, text, CAPTCHA"
BrooksKunkle," ""elegant intricate digital painting artstation concept art by Mark Brooks and Brad Kunkle detailed"""," (((deformed))), [blurry], bad anatomy, disfigured, poorly drawn face, mutation, mutated, (extra_limb), (ugly), (poorly drawn hands), messy drawing, text, CAPTCHA"

Try adding poo poo like this into the negative prompts: photoshop, render, video game, 3d, painting, art, drawing, digital art, cartoon, doll, illustration

It's still finicky, like everything else, but I've gotten some absolutely photo-realistic stuff doing that.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

AARD VARKMAN posted:

code:

"Canon EOS R3, f1.4, ISO 200, 1160s, 8K, RAW, unedited, in-frame, photorealistic" works well.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sedgr posted:

Hope Im not spamming, shout if you want me to stop.

Some cheesecake Angels, and some neato headware.

drat these look like stuff my friend used to paint, really creepy :)

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

Also avoid terms like "photo-realism", "realistic", or related terms as those are universally tagged to not-photos and will confuse the model. The best I've seen all use camera lens sizes, focal depth terms, famous photographer names, etc.

So something like "award winning photograph of _____ by Steve McCurry, color, kodak film stock, 50mm lens, close shot" will get you started with some decent results. Then you can play with different options from there on shot/aperture/lens/etc.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

IShallRiseAgain posted:

"Canon EOS R3, f1.4, ISO 200, 1160s, 8K, RAW, unedited, in-frame, photorealistic" works well.

Realistic shadows, realistic reflections realistic lighting / Cinematic lighting / studio lighting these are hit or miss generally do not add more than one, as stated they are ultimately from not photos but very close. Adding one or two is generally going to help if you are getting non-photos mixed in still.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Objective Action posted:

Also avoid terms like "photo-realism", "realistic", or related terms as those are universally tagged to not-photos and will confuse the model. The best I've seen all use camera lens sizes, focal depth terms, famous photographer names, etc.

So something like "award winning photograph of _____ by Steve McCurry, color, kodak film stock, 50mm lens, close shot" will get you started with some decent results. Then you can play with different options from there on shot/aperture/lens/etc.

I've had photo-realism get better results than without it.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Be careful about using terms like "8K", "sharp focus", and "highly detailed" for photographs. The AI tends to go overboard and makes things look "too good" to be realistic.

"Photorealistic" is tricky -- sometimes it gives good results, but just as often produces a very realistic Greg Rutkowski painting instead, so I tend not to use it. Rather than "dynamic lighting" (which tends to be a tag used more often on paintings and 3D renders), I like "well-lit", or even specifying the time of day.

Using terms based on the subject can work well. If you want a close-up of a person, use "modeling photo". If you're doing animals, try "nature photography, style of National Geographic". The latter even works on not-real animals, and you can absolutely get a great photograph of a griffon or a cockatrice if you work with the prompts a little!

Edit:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Found a limited time offer for canvas prints, 35" x 23.6" for $22.
Helloooo Etsy!
Or everyone I know will get "unique AI art" for the next 5 christmases.

Really tempted to see how this would look printed and if it manages to keep the vibrant colors.

Edit: Oh poo poo, I only just noticed, probably not exactly this one. :pedo:

("Cyberpunk Red Light District")

"PICE"
"PID ULT"

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 27, 2022

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
thank you all for the tips!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Being able to create interesting art at breakneck speed is really enjoyable but not sure exactly what to do with it all. I feel like an art miner, putting on my headlamp and taking my prompt pickaxe down into the RNG mine and cracking the stone to find the gems and precious metals.

A good prompt is like a sharp pickaxe paired with a talented eye for spotting the cracks that will open up a rich vein of cool poo poo.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Sedgr posted:

Being able to create interesting art at breakneck speed is really enjoyable but not sure exactly what to do with it all. I feel like an art miner, putting on my headlamp and taking my prompt pickaxe down into the RNG mine and cracking the stone to find the gems and precious metals.

A good prompt is like a sharp pickaxe paired with a talented eye for spotting the cracks that will open up a rich vein of cool poo poo.

I like scrolling it sometimes, maybe a thread discord where we can dump in process stuff and help people working on stuff with prompt ideas? Discord is crap as a library, good prompt smithing and good images should always make their way back to the thread if we go to a discord though.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 27, 2022

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Sedgr posted:

It's more than that, though. You're putting in work, and the quality of the work you put into these tools absolutely affects the output. Enjoy the rewards, even if it's just posting "look at this cool thing I made" on a dead comedy forum.

Critics of this technology are crying about how people with no skills will be able to crank out infinite "worthless" art and cheapen the entire industry.

But there's a lot of skill involved in prompting, generating, curating, and refining the images. I like to think I'm getting pretty good at writing good prompts, but for every 100 images I crank out there's maybe, if I'm lucky, one really great piece.

The "lady in the universe dress" picture I posted a few pages ago -- it's good. I'd buy a print, or even the original, if I saw it for a reasonable price at an art show. It was the result of an hour of prompt fiddling, sorting through about 250 "garbage" images to find one I liked enough to capture the seed. Then another hour of tweaking values and generating another hundred or so versions to refine the composition and character details. Plus several upscaling runs using different methods and settings. And I haven't even gone into GIMP yet to try to fix the character's eye and smooth out the masking around her face.

In all, that "worthless" image will have taken me about three hours of focused work to create. What am I going to do with it? No idea. Probably post the artwork on my social media and set it as my cellphone wallpaper.

But I also won't let anyone tell me that it took no skill or talent, or that the thing I made has no value.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

WhiteHowler posted:

It's more than that, though. You're putting in work, and the quality of the work you put into these tools absolutely affects the output. Enjoy the rewards, even if it's just posting "look at this cool thing I made" on a dead comedy forum.

Critics of this technology are crying about how people with no skills will be able to crank out infinite "worthless" art and cheapen the entire industry.

Yeah, if anything even this thread is a great example of AI art being no different than real art in that 99% of it is bad junk. Same with the Midjourney feed, discord/etc. I've made somewhere around 3k images to get about 50 I consider usable and high quality, but that still requires editing every one manually, upscaling with Adobe stuff, etc.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Yeah I've never gotten a great image form a first prompt. That is always, always just a basis, getting your outline down. For my Halloween images I spent at least an hour each just finding an image with the right kind of composition I wanted.

Also the more surprising thing I've found is simplifying a prompt can be astronomically helpful in fine tuning.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sedgr posted:

For me it's just a novelty now that i'm sure will get boring. Maybe something you can make a few bucks off by selling it on etsy or whatever.

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

And finally, some star-dressed women! Bonus points for guessing the inspiration.

Beautiful Pink haired young woman wearing a purple elegant mature gorgeous pure dress made out of a sea of stars. Purple Victorian dress.

Beautiful ((Pink haired)) young asian woman, thin face, large yes, wearing a purple elegant mature gorgeous pure dress made out of a sea of stars.

A beautiful young asian woman with long straight (pastel pink hair). large pretty eyes. smiling. Wearing a (((purple gauze ball gown))) decorated with stylized golden LED stars.

All with Euler A, varying CFG and sample sizes of 18-30ish.
These look scary indistinguishable from some lightly-retouched photos. My faces still come out hosed up sometimes but occasionally it'll nail it

That's straight out of SD, no tweaking of variations or anything though.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

WhiteHowler posted:

And I haven't even gone into GIMP yet to try to fix the character's eye and smooth out the masking around her face.

IMHO that's also part of the fun (and "creative process", if you will) - fixing up stuff, "frankensteining" parts from different variations into a satisfying composition etc.
I know I am getting a lot of practice and experience from futzing with my output.

I feel "artists" who huff and puff over it don't really understand what it has to offer, especially to people who are not gifted with the manual skillset, but now have a tool to express their imagination.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

mcbexx posted:

especially to people who are not gifted with the manual skillset, but now have a tool to express their imagination.

Also this. Holy poo poo so much this.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ok dumb question about AUTOMATIC1111. I went back to tweak an image I made a few days ago. It was the fourth image in a batch of four, and if I put in the seed that was saved in the log, I can get back all of them.

But if I start messing with variation seeds, it only applies to the first image of the batch so I get four variations of the first image. Essentially I guess I need to get the seed for the n-th image in a batch. Any ideas how this could be done?

mcbexx posted:

IMHO that's also part of the fun (and "creative process", if you will) - fixing up stuff, "frankensteining" parts from different variations into a satisfying composition etc.
I know I am getting a lot of practice and experience from futzing with my output.

I feel "artists" who huff and puff over it don't really understand what it has to offer, especially to people who are not gifted with the manual skillset, but now have a tool to express their imagination.
They're probably mad because they had to spend thousands of hours practicing brush strokes and what not.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

mobby_6kl posted:

Ok dumb question about AUTOMATIC1111. I went back to tweak an image I made a few days ago. It was the fourth image in a batch of four, and if I put in the seed that was saved in the log, I can get back all of them.

But if I start messing with variation seeds, it only applies to the first image of the batch so I get four variations of the first image. Essentially I guess I need to get the seed for the n-th image in a batch. Any ideas how this could be done?

They're probably mad because they had to spend thousands of hours practicing brush strokes and what not.

Each seed is sequential from the initial random roll so it should just be seed+n or whatever. Or you can drag it into png info tab and it should be there.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

There's also a box in settings to save a text file with every single setting with every single image. So a batch of 12 gets your 12 png files and 12 txt files. the txt files should basically be the same except have the seed for each image. I like this because I know exactly what settings I used and don't have to write them down.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

pixaal posted:

There's also a box in settings to save a text file with every single setting with every single image. So a batch of 12 gets your 12 png files and 12 txt files. the txt files should basically be the same except have the seed for each image. I like this because I know exactly what settings I used and don't have to write them down.

Assuming you didn't turn off PNG metadata in the config, the PNG Info tab will show you all of the settings used to generate an image: prompt, seed, CFG setting, sampling steps, etc. This will let you easily recreate an image, even when using the "-a" variant sampling methods.

Just be sure not to lose that original output PNG when you're editing and upscaling and such.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

"LICFCKE"

"Party's over, the po-po is here."

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 27, 2022

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks all! I actually did check the metadata but directly in irfanview and explorer and it seemed weird that there's nothing there, but it's right in the file after the PNG header. Good to know!

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Trying to come up with silly examples to demonstrate multi-prompting in MJ. Ideally these would be two-word phrases where you'd get something inaccurate if you tried to combine the individual words without prior knowledge.

Best one I've got so far is "crab cake" vs "crab :: cake" (I tried "hot dog" but the dogs weren't as funny as the pastry carapaces here)

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

A colorful painting of a robot hand that is painting a human hand on paper, detailed, intricate, geometric.

It didn't get the idea very much, but it pumped out some nice colors at least :shrug:

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Automatic1111 looks amazing but looking on the site it says it has support for 4Gb cards... but I only have a 3gb 1060. Does anyone know if it works on that too or if 4gb is the bottom limit?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Objective Action posted:

You've doomed us all

"award winning photograph of Hillary Clinton with clown makeup by Steve McCurry, color, kodak film stock, 50mm lens, close shot"

Edit: Maybe a public spreadsheet to save all the best prompts ? I'm very random with them and at best write down some ideas on a notepad text file

Comfy Fleece Sweater fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 27, 2022

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Isomermaid posted:

Automatic1111 looks amazing but looking on the site it says it has support for 4Gb cards... but I only have a 3gb 1060. Does anyone know if it works on that too or if 4gb is the bottom limit?

There is a parameter for low ram systems, it is a heck of a lot slower but could potentially work.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

My main dreamlog.txt file, which stores all prompts along with the corresponding seed# and output filename is just a couple of bytes shy of 3 MB and contains 7931 lines. It has been created 11 days ago.

:smithicide:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

You've doomed us all

"award winning photograph of Hillary Clinton with clown makeup by Steve McCurry, color, kodak film stock, 50mm lens, close shot"

Edit: Maybe a public spreadsheet to save all the best prompts ? I'm very random with them and at best write down some ideas on a notepad text file

A spreadsheet would be nice

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Btw someone mentioned starting a discord, I’m in a small goon run discord with some focus in art, and we just started an ai-art channel, if you’re interested in joining PM me for an invite (hope this is ok with mods, if not just edit this)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

And finally, some star-dressed women! Bonus points for guessing the inspiration.

Beautiful pink haired bagpipers

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Big Chungus, style of hans zatzka, style of cyril rolando --test

Big Chungus, style of Alex Grey --test

Big Chungus, cosmic horror, style of HR Geiger --test

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

Its really funny to go through individual people's profiles on midjourney. You can see every picture they made, as well as the order they are made in. Almost every profile alternates between fantastic arts and different forms of hot ladies or very buff men. You will get a few days worth of "exotic hanging garden, comic style" followed by a day of "pinup girl, large feet, made of yogurt"

This is extremely true.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

We should do a spooky season prompt-off when it rolls over to October

Very much in favour of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

AARD VARKMAN posted:

they're coming, cosmic horror, elegant intricate digital painting artstation concept art by Mark Brooks and Brad Kunkle detailed
Negative prompt: (((deformed))), [blurry], bad anatomy, disfigured, poorly drawn face, mutation, mutated, (extra_limb), (ugly), (poorly drawn hands), messy drawing, text, CAPTCHA

the last restaurant, abyssal horror, elegant intricate digital painting artstation concept art by Mark Brooks and Brad Kunkle detailed
Negative prompt: (((deformed))), [blurry], bad anatomy, disfigured, poorly drawn face, mutation, mutated, (extra_limb), (ugly), (poorly drawn hands), messy drawing, text, CAPTCHA

I feel slightly guilty for using the same style so often but I just love the way it turns out for basically everything

All of these prompts, with unholy blasphemy

And with bagpipers