Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
'But that high praise for Ginsburg infamously resulted in part with her having only had two Black clerks in total during her decades as a judge. That included one clerk during her 13 years on the D.C. Circuit Court — a duration where the National Review reminded its readers “she had never had a single black law clerk, intern, or secretary. Out of 57 employees, zero blacks.” That unfortunate trend continued after she became a Supreme Court Justice, when she “hired only one black clerk among the more than 100 clerks she has had.”'

Ruthkanda Forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
What did RBG ever actually do? I'm not American, so I don't know all the things supreme court judges do, but she seems to have this huge veneration and never any mention of her accomplishments.

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Fish of hemp posted:

What did RBG ever actually do? I'm not American, so I don't know all the things supreme court judges do, but she seems to have this huge veneration and never any mention of her accomplishments.

she lost a lot

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Brandon Proust posted:

she lost a lot

Now that's not fair, she was frequently in the majority for stripping indigenous peoples of their rights.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Idgi either, Sandra Day O’Connor was first

Was it really just bc of that Notorious RBG meme? Lol if so

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when terrible things would pass with or without her, she'd vote against and then write a dissent. that's it. that's her entire career as a justice. that much concentrated procedural uselessness is like freebasing crack for libs.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

She got rented out like a party clown for some banker's wedding during covid, leading inexorably to the death of both herself and abortion rights in this nation.

That's something.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
she wrote spicy dissents which made people who weren't affected by the actual decisions she was dissenting against think she had big #girlboss energy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

She got rented out like a party clown for some banker's wedding during covid, leading inexorably to the death of both herself and abortion rights in this nation.

That's something.

lol this is a first time I've heard it put like that but you're absolutely right. it was the lib adult equivalent of getting Spider-Man for your kid's party lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Look honey, RBG is here! Oh my god, look how happy she is! Yeah, go ahead, you can play with her, it's okay!

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Everyone knows all of America’s high level government officials are for sale. What is hilarious is just how loving cheap they are.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

RBG would put on a little doily collar over her robes for dissents, making her a fashion icon to certain extremely lib people who wanted to signal "dissent" against Trump (aspirationally of course, very few actually dared to wear it).

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

she wrote spicy dissents which made people who weren't affected by the actual decisions she was dissenting against think she had big #girlboss energy

Scalia is the one who has his dissents used as a reference! she cant even dissent like a real SC justice

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
on a related note,

quote:

Ginsburg went on to say that such protests show a 'contempt for a government that has made it possible for their parents and grandparents to live a decent life.'

She said: 'Which they probably could not have lived in the places they came from...as they became older they realize that this was youthful folly. And that's why education is important.'

Couric claims that she 'lost a lot of sleep over this one' and still wrestles with the decision she made.

According to Couric, she 'wanted to protect' Ginsburg and felt that the issue of racial justice was a 'blind spot' for her.

Lol that:
a) google stops autocomplete for this
b) the daily mail was the only one to report it
c) rbg's racism confirmed
d) katie couric being a second-rate reporter confirmed

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Lol that:
a) google stops autocomplete for this

lol drat

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

lol drat

I didn't even search for anything that inflammatory, just 'rbg katie couric' and google refuses to lead you down that dark path

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

vyelkin posted:

lol drat

Kojima was right

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

MikeCrotch posted:

'But that high praise for Ginsburg infamously resulted in part with her having only had two Black clerks in total during her decades as a judge. That included one clerk during her 13 years on the D.C. Circuit Court — a duration where the National Review reminded its readers “she had never had a single black law clerk, intern, or secretary. Out of 57 employees, zero blacks.” That unfortunate trend continued after she became a Supreme Court Justice, when she “hired only one black clerk among the more than 100 clerks she has had.”'

Ruthkanda Forever

She must have been so mad when Obama won the primary...

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Orange Devil posted:

Everyone knows all of America’s high level government officials are for sale. What is hilarious is just how loving cheap they are.

quote:

In those days, it was legal for senators to take speaking fees — called "honoraria" — from corporations and lobbyists with business before Congress.

For McConnell, that included a winter retreat to a Tobacco Institute legislative conference in Palm Springs, Calif., with "an honorarium of $2,000, plus expenses," according to McConnell's invite.

The documents also reveal that McConnell and his Senate office frequently accepted gifts from tobacco industry lobbyists, a practice which was also legal at the time.

The gifts included tickets to NFL and NBA games, a production of Dostoevsky's Crime And Punishment, a Ringo Starr concert, "top-quality brandy," and what McConnell called a "beautiful ham."
two thousand bucks and a ham lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Ringo Starr tickets? should've raised their taxes

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
snowden, who considers himself a whistleblower

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_M._Deutch#CIA_Director_tenure

In 1996, Deutch took the unusual step of traveling to Locke High School in Los Angeles to deny reports that the CIA had facilitated the introduction of crack cocaine into Los Angeles.[6][7] Speaking to a hostile crowd, Deutch denied any connection between the CIA and cocaine traffic in Los Angeles and vowed to open an investigation.

In 1995, when Deutch became head of the CIA, The New York Times quoted long-time critical scholar and social activist Noam Chomsky as saying, "He has more honesty and integrity than anyone I've ever met in academic life, or any other life... If somebody's got to be running the C.I.A., I'm glad it's him."[15]

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

paul_soccer12 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_M._Deutch#CIA_Director_tenure

In 1996, Deutch took the unusual step of traveling to Locke High School in Los Angeles to deny reports that the CIA had facilitated the introduction of crack cocaine into Los Angeles.[6][7] Speaking to a hostile crowd, Deutch denied any connection between the CIA and cocaine traffic in Los Angeles and vowed to open an investigation.

In 1995, when Deutch became head of the CIA, The New York Times quoted long-time critical scholar and social activist Noam Chomsky as saying, "He has more honesty and integrity than anyone I've ever met in academic life, or any other life... If somebody's got to be running the C.I.A., I'm glad it's him."[15]

Lol

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Did he really say this or was it fake news, I can't remember

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the quote is fake but the sentiment is real
https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/961335442992803840?lang=en

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Pierre Delecto

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/BryanDeanWright/status/1511422927610134530

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Davey Cameron is a pie

Also:

Labour pledging to give everyone a free owl

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

LOL

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

TeenageArchipelago posted:

The piss was actually what made the photo click for me so I knew what it was

lmfao extremely same

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

"You go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want"

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Fortaleza posted:

"You go to war with the army you have, not the army you might want"
Rumsfeld was a war criminal and an atrocious defense minister but an amazing philosopher.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Kramering into the room:

Did anyone say "the bay of pisspigs" yet?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ben-carsons-stabbing-story-is-full-of-holes

Ben Carson desperately trying to convince the media that he did in fact stab a guy and whack his own mother with a hammer, while they tried to say it wasnt true.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Ben Carson losing his luggage

Soup for my family

Kurt Eichenwald's hentai for my family

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

Rumsfeld was a war criminal and an atrocious defense minister but an amazing philosopher.

Known knowns and known unknowns and unknown unknowns

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"Fool me twice... You can't... You can't fool me again."

There were so many Bush era Trumpism's and each one was material for a month's worth of Daily Show.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

"Fool me twice... You can't... You can't fool me again."

There were so many Bush era Trumpism's and each one was material for a month's worth of Daily Show.

he suddenly realized mid sentence that saying "shame on me" would end up clipped and repeated everywhere lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Spergin Morlock posted:

he suddenly realized mid sentence that saying "shame on me" would end up clipped and repeated everywhere lol

You can tell this is true because you can see him tense up and grip the podium harder when he realizes it.