Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

People hating Skyfall always seemed crazy to me, I thought it was great. Love those first three Craig movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

In a world where Quantum had a good director, or perhaps Marc Forster wasn't a clown man who was terrible at directing action, I would agree Quantum was a good movie. We do not live in that world though. Kevin Dunn rear end film.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Skyfall has a poo poo script. Everything else about it is good but purvis and wade are poo poo writers.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Name a movie you think people are crazy for not liking.

I LOVE Grave Encounters. A really great example of impossible space and a found footage movie. The sequel is decent.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

barbarella

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shard posted:

Name a movie you think people are crazy for not liking.

I LOVE Grave Encounters. A really great example of impossible space and a found footage movie. The sequel is decent.

It's almost all nostalgia but I have a great fondness for Ghostbusters 2 & everyone seems to think it's poor.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I also enjoy Grave Encounters a good bit

I think Clifford or the Jiminy Glick movie are just as good, if not better, than most of the major comedy vehicles of that general era. The Martin Short Renaissance is upon us, invest your stock in him while you still can.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shard posted:

That movie freaked me the hell out. The hands coming from the ceiling is a scene that had always stayed with me.

I give you one I only discovered a few months ago - Extreme Prejudice. Walter Hill directing Nick Nolte, Michael Ironside, Clancy Brown, Powers Boothe, and William Forsythe in a 1980's movie combining the War on Drugs, special ops, and The Wild Bunch into a tight action film set on the Mexican border.

Hell, the trailer alone is the perfect thing to see on a VHS tape before the feature presentation of Commando.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCqRCutZsGo

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

extreme prejudice is cool. and the movie isn't bad either!!! only joking folks.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Snakes on a Plane

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Sunshine

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i had never watched master & commander before but fsr i downloaded it two weeks ago because i like boat movies and everyone talks about how its a real good boat movie, i was away for work last week and got home to no cable which took them until sunday to fix, but i watched master & commander on saturday and it was a really good boat movie, very much enjoyed it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

i had never watched master & commander before but fsr i downloaded it two weeks ago because i like boat movies and everyone talks about how its a real good boat movie, i was away for work last week and got home to no cable which took them until sunday to fix, but i watched master & commander on saturday and it was a really good boat movie, very much enjoyed it

The lesser of two weevils!!!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The lesser of two weevils!!!

incredible scene, crowe and bettany absolutely crushed in that movie, I was also real sad when he had to put all the animals down on the island because he saw the French boat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

boxcarhobo posted:

incredible scene, crowe and bettany absolutely crushed in that movie, I was also real sad when he had to put all the animals down on the island because he saw the French boat

Unless I'm remembering VERY wrong, by "put the animals down" boxcarhobo means place them on the ground and let them out of their cages, folks!

The Stroker Ace posted:

Skyfall is worth watching for the god Roger Deakins’ work alone.

Deakins, drunk on power and/or rage from not having won an Oscar at that point, declares they're filming an entire action scene on a floor full of floor to ceiling glass windows with reflected neon lights everywhere, and then pulls it off seemingly effortlessly. What a loving legend.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Unless I'm remembering VERY wrong, by "put the animals down" boxcarhobo means place them on the ground and let them out of their cages, folks!

lmfao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Although now I can't stop thinking about Paul Bettany seeing a French ship and just whipping out a gun and starting to shoot the animals he and the boy had gathered, insisting there simply isn't time to just open the cage doors even as he pauses to reload his gun constantly.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I haven't watched a super hero movie since Endgame. But this...this one has me hook line and sinker

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1574865217141481477

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Although now I can't stop thinking about Paul Bettany seeing a French ship and just whipping out a gun and starting to shoot the animals he and the boy had gathered, insisting there simply isn't time to just open the cage doors even as he pauses to reload his gun constantly.

hahahaha

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

I haven't watched a super hero movie since Endgame. But this...this one has me hook line and sinker

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1574865217141481477

yuck. Bad enough Patrick Stewart coming back for that piece of poo poo doctor strange film, this is just sad.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yuck. Bad enough Patrick Stewart coming back for that piece of poo poo doctor strange film, this is just sad.

No way it's gonna be fun

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I haven’t seen either of the deadspool

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Is deadpool just Marvel but he says big fat load of cum

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Die Another Day was bad but goddamn I wish more bad movies swung for the idiot fences like it did

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

Die Another Day was bad but goddamn I wish more bad movies swung for the idiot fences like it did

Virtually every Bond film in the 40 years prior to that film's release also swung for the idiot fences, and they all mostly managed not to do diarrhea in their pants in the process

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Is deadpool just Marvel but he says big fat load of cum
that’s just an anagram of mcu

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Same, except I thought more of an axe or sword but I like this better

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

https://twitter.com/AllNewDom/status/1574867926590562318?s=20&t=QGwwOKdrb7xjxXnsZ3KJ5w

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bluedeanie posted:

Virtually every Bond film in the 40 years prior to that film's release also swung for the idiot fences, and they all mostly managed not to do diarrhea in their pants in the process

I dunno man, I just think while it wasn't good it was nowhere near the worst in the franchise. Damning with faint....well, not praise, but something

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

In 93 during the comics boom I was at a convention and a kid asked Fabian Nicieza if we were going to see more Deadpool in X comics and Nicieza (jokingly) started yelling at the kid that he hated Deadpool, regretted co-creating Deadpool, and if it was up to him nobody would ever see Deadpool ever again. I wonder if he still feels that way?

Later they debuted the X-Men cartoon and that kicked rear end, then Joe Quesada was really nice to 12 year old me. It was a a rad day.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the deadpool will probably have a fun premise like murdering all the old xmen and deadpool being sucked into a 'relevant' uhhh universe or timeline toward the middle or end. whatever they're called in marvel where one is named like U-341 (made up name) and other ones are similarly named. maybe scenes of getting used to being there but not as lovely and boring as when dr. strange did that. yeah iwatch morvel movies. big deal. anyway i don't know what's going to happen

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't read above. check this out. hugh jackson the young buck.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

my fridge broke while i was away for the weekend. its fixed now but it sucked rear end. lost my goddamn milk and veggies!!! slimy rear end zucchinis stinking up the drat thing

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like those Deadpool movies, they’re not bad.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
comic book movies are more comic book than movie, so they're okay in my (comic) book

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

comic book movies are more comic book than movie, so they're okay in my (comic) book

Your anti-movie agenda is toxic, it’s tearing this good thread apart at the seams. Accept the art of Film into your heart.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

NienNunb posted:

Accept the art of Film into your heart.

My wife's favorite Friday the 13th film is Jason X. Film must be burned.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I finally started watching The Rehearsal. Serialized television has done it yet again. Shouts out to god's favorite medium.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

incredible show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Wordle 466 2/6

🟨🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

boxcarhobo posted:

incredible show