Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Miss anything noteworthy from the last hour and a half?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

KitConstantine posted:

It's good that everyone has access to representation actually.

Pieces of poo poo with enough money would always be able to find representation anyway.

The actual thing is that the stakes, prestige, and exclusivity of lawyering will always create some amount of people who are willing to play to racists, lick boots, be monstrous to victims or whatever because they hold that their job is to win, not facilitate a fair trial.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Cowman posted:

don't listen to his show what's wrong with you
i didn't want all my alex jones knowledge to come from knowledge fight, so i listen to his takes on the trial. at first it was "interesting" but he mostly repeats the same talking points "i'm not allowed to defend myself" and "i didn't shoot anyone" and lately he's had guests on to say the exact same things
i will say when he takes calls it's always entertaining because he has to be one step ahead of all his guests so it'll lead to things like "alex, are you aware of (weird conspiracy theory)?"
"*clearly eating* *mmyesh yes, *cough* but why don't you explain for those unaware"
"well it's the theory that the government controls your brain through the tap water-"
"tap water yeah, the government controls your brain through tap water"
and it's clearly exhausting and frustrating for him

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

InsertPotPun posted:

i didn't want all my alex jones knowledge to come from knowledge fight, so i listen to his takes on the trial. at first it was "interesting" but he mostly repeats the same talking points "i'm not allowed to defend myself" and "i didn't shoot anyone" and lately he's had guests on to say the exact same things
i will say when he takes calls it's always entertaining because he has to be one step ahead of all his guests so it'll lead to things like "alex, are you aware of (weird conspiracy theory)?"
"*clearly eating* *mmyesh yes, *cough* but why don't you explain for those unaware"
"well it's the theory that the government controls your brain through the tap water-"

As the Knowledge Fight guys have pointed out. Jones clearly hates most of his callers now and is apparently finding it harder to hide his disdain.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Deptfordx posted:

As the Knowledge Fight guys have pointed out. Jones clearly hates most of his callers now and is apparently finding it harder to hide his disdain.
that's because it's the hardest part of his job.
usually he just "researches in his mind" which is code for "connecting the dots and worrying about reality never", when he takes callers he's got to pretend he know what they're talking about and that he's one step ahead of them. but he has to take calls to ascertain where his audience is and where he has to be. if he's stuck for an opinion he'll take calls. i swear he'll steal other people's theories and ideas and repeat them the next day as his own. today's "random caller" is tomorrow's "high level sources"

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Well, that broke me. I can't imagine being in that courtroom and not falling apart when the parents testify. gently caress

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Mr. Nice! posted:

This trial is a great example of why I did not like being a lawyer. You're either representing someone who has been hurt or someone who calls them a liar. Who is actually right? Doesn't matter. You represent a side, and you have to fight for that side. It is your ethical obligation to do things that personally, you don't like - such as cross examining a domestic violence victim. It is very difficult to compartmentalize the horrors of the world away from your non-lawyer life. This is a big part of why lawyers have massive substance abuse problems.

Yup - this is why I no longer practice and went into IT instead.

My last gig was investigation and arbitration of supplier misconduct including bribery, abuse, human trafficking, etc. I walked away from the profession after three years of having my eyes burned out daily and not being able to seek justice but merely execution of rules.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

InsertPotPun posted:

He’s always eating on air and it should really just get lost in the flood of much worse things he does constantly, but it pisses me off so much.

Stop talking with your mouth full! What is wrong with you why can’t you eat while not on the loving air you weirdo! O my god it’s just so loving gross and rude why god why you broken man.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Him eating on air is the best. He doesn't give a poo poo about his show and evidently can't manage three hours without a sandwich.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
what, you think a physique like that just maintains itself? well it doesn't, buddy

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The sandwich cravings are how you know the VASOBEET is working

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

InsertPotPun posted:

i swear he'll steal other people's theories and ideas and repeat them the next day as his own. today's "random caller" is tomorrow's "high level sources"

Hell that was the entirety of his 9/11 coverage when the knowledge fight boys went over that recently.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

InsertPotPun posted:

i didn't want all my alex jones knowledge to come from knowledge fight

How's that working out for you, in your opinion

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Grand Fromage posted:

Him eating on air is the best. He doesn't give a poo poo about his show and evidently can't manage three hours without a sandwich.

Expand on that.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Morter posted:

How's that working out for you, in your opinion
oh no, big, pointless exercise, it's just hours of him...talking. no expertise, no insights. if you pay attention it's frustrating because you hear the leaps in logic.
i know knowledge knife says that he sees a reason for jones to exist but...i can't. jones just makes poo poo up and riles people up with nonsense. he'll say "they're making the frog gay" and the next day take a call where some brain genius is all "you know, i really think they're making the frogs gay" in a hosed up ignorance loop.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

Humblebrag

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

InsertPotPun posted:

i know knowledge knife

Knowledge Knife

It's time to flay :ese:

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

See, Knowledge Fight taught me all of that about Alex Jones and I never had to watch loving InfoWars.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Morter posted:

Knowledge Knife

it's time to slay

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Morter posted:

Knowledge Knife

Sick of them pretending like they are the sharp ones, saying WE are the dull ones

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Devor posted:

The defense will be bringing him on as a defense witness.

Why?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

The best defense is a good offensive outburst.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

The defense seems to be some combination of:

Appeal to Trump Cultist: this is all political, politics is war and it doesn't matter who gets hurt.

Appeal to Free Speech Absolutionist: Free speech is the most important thing and any attempt to limit someone's speech in any way is wrong.

Appeal to Lunacy: Look at this guy, he's a fool, a carnival barker, and he's so deluded that how can he even be responsible for his actions?

I guess they're going for trying to swing one person on the jury because that's what they see as their best bet. I don't think it has a chance in hell of working. Even if you get people who fit snugly into one of those three holes, you still have to justify that he did none of this for freedom or your rights, he did it all to make millions selling fake boner pills, and he's just going to keep doing it no matter what. It's not like he's just some silly guy shouting on a street corner who lives in a shack at night and otherwise bothers no one.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Pirate Radar posted:

Sick of them pretending like they are the sharp ones, saying WE are the dull ones

Dan and Jordan, I am slicing

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
That was like the one nice thing about the live chat. Saying a silly knowledge fight reference and then have a few people doing the same back at you and confusing the rest. Everything else... less so.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Pirate Radar posted:

Bread alert, bread alert bread alert!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Hello Alex. I’m a first time cutter. I’m a huge blade. I love your work.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Does DJ Danarchy read this thread? Could someone get him to do a version of the KF theme where all the demon puke sounds are replaced with SHING! sounds?

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

(blah, blaggh blah) BLEED. MONEY.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

*getting stabbed* STOP IT

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Xiahou Dun posted:

He’s always eating on air and it should really just get lost in the flood of much worse things he does constantly, but it pisses me off so much.

Stop talking with your mouth full! What is wrong with you why can’t you eat while not on the loving air you weirdo! O my god it’s just so loving gross and rude why god why you broken man.

life is very fragile

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ashpanash posted:

The defense seems to be some combination of:

Appeal to Trump Cultist: this is all political, politics is war and it doesn't matter who gets hurt.

Appeal to Free Speech Absolutionist: Free speech is the most important thing and any attempt to limit someone's speech in any way is wrong.

Appeal to Lunacy: Look at this guy, he's a fool, a carnival barker, and he's so deluded that how can he even be responsible for his actions?

I guess they're going for trying to swing one person on the jury because that's what they see as their best bet. I don't think it has a chance in hell of working. Even if you get people who fit snugly into one of those three holes, you still have to justify that he did none of this for freedom or your rights, he did it all to make millions selling fake boner pills, and he's just going to keep doing it no matter what. It's not like he's just some silly guy shouting on a street corner who lives in a shack at night and otherwise bothers no one.

remember, this isn't a binary innocent-or-guilty kind of trial

he's already been found guilty, the jury just has to decide how much he has to pay

so every little bit that makes him seem less malicious or makes the families seem less sympathetic helps

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Stream is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldS7DHt1__g

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
And we're off with a hell of a start, with them book-keeping over individual names for damages. All at once, or additive.

Also, seriously, how has Pattis NOT viewed the materials that have been shared? Specifically to cock-block the court from getting them into evidence?

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
That was a a past tense on married, that's me dipping out

I got married last December and the thought of something happening to my husband is whoooo boy Not Fun, I imagine this is a thousand times more intense for goons with kids

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee

Pyrtanis posted:

That was a a past tense on married, that's me dipping out

I got married last December and the thought of something happening to my husband is whoooo boy Not Fun, I imagine this is a thousand times more intense for goons with kids

I just literally can't listen to it, I have to just read the recaps here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Pyrtanis posted:

I imagine this is a thousand times more intense for goons with kids

Generally I've been able to divorce my personal feelings from the case, but my son is Autistic and listening to the testimony yesterday, especially when she started talking about how she arranged a playdate for her son with another Autistic kid and they were sort of parallel playing, but not playing with each other. That REALLY hit me hard because that is my son. Him loving Shrek, thats my son. It was tough.

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran

SalTheBard posted:

Generally I've been able to divorce my personal feelings from the case, but my son is Autistic and listening to the testimony yesterday, especially when she started talking about how she arranged a playdate for her son with another Autistic kid and they were sort of parallel playing, but not playing with each other. That REALLY hit me hard because that is my son. Him loving Shrek, thats my son. It was tough.

It's that these people have suffered so, so much already. And this loving vampire just keeps taking, and taking and taking. Like their grief isn't enough, he has to sell more loving brain pills.

It's infuriating and heart breaking, and I feel like we gloss over the loving murders that led us here too. gently caress, reading some of law twitter's summaries about the testimonies is breaking my law/disaster tourism tendencies with these ones hurting so much.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

I'm trying to juxtapose today's testimony with Alex on the stand last week saying he's done apologizing and accusing Mattei of a Maoist shakedown.

The jury must be exhausted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Froghammer posted:

I'm trying to juxtapose today's testimony with Alex on the stand last week saying he's done apologizing and accusing Mattei of a Maoist shakedown.

The jury must be exhausted.

I hope they're exhausted enough to slam the "gently caress You Alex Jones" button hard enough for him to actually feel the loss. He's never going to stop until he is forced to. Take his money away, it's the only thing he will understand. Everything else to him is just Sartre's antisemites playing with words.