Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I feel like Klaus has just been calling people in the background and that's where his boys come from. He's the town gossip that just talks on the phone all day that no longer exists and has been replaced by terminally facebook grandparents. He's just been talking to them never told them he was a fish then when he finally meets them they've talked to him so long on the phone they just don't care he is Klaus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Klaus lives out his bodega fantasy by literally always being on a bluetooth earpiece on a call with someone else, that's perfect.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think you're just supposed to accept talking animals because nobody questioned Reginald either.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

muscles like this! posted:

I think you're just supposed to accept talking animals because nobody questioned Reginald either.

Brian Griffin is Stan's favorite dog.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

muscles like this! posted:

So in the episode where Stan switches bodies with a horse and he threatens to kick that kid's mom to death while he watches, the kid was more freaked out about his mom's demise than the fact that a horse was talking to him. I mean, it's not like that doesn't make sense, lol.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

YeahTubaMike posted:

So in the episode where Stan switches bodies with a horse and he threatens to kick that kid's mom to death while he watches, the kid was more freaked out about his mom's demise than the fact that a horse was talking to him. I mean, it's not like that doesn't make sense, lol.

Reginald, Klaus and Horse-Stan were all CIA results, and animals talk in gags where human's aren't around. Maybe it can be chalked up to a certain couple writers who really liked the idea of a koala CIA agent who hit on Hayley without thinking about the general public.

Mostly I just think it's funnier for the kid to be scared of a horse suddenly speaking and threatening to kick his mom to death while it watches.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
But like, do people understand the Stewie baby when he talks or what

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Smooshed: A Love Story
Season 19, Episode 12 - September 26, 2022
Steve goes on a class trip to Philadelphia, where he hopes to fall in love.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
You're a teen loser in a cartoon sitcom Steve, it's never going to happen.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
More pertinently it's philadelphia

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

drat that girl drinks a lot of milk.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WHAAAAAATTTT?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm loving dying lmao

LEGALLY GONE'D

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Pretty sure Christine Nangle is doing the voice for Snot's girlfriend. Her Philly accent schtick has killed me since the Pawnsylvania skits on Kroll Show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is a very weird episode. This season has just been weird in general.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

She's just THAT good of an actress.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm rewatching The Three Fs right now and... Steve says "things have gotten bad and we're warried they're going to get worse." I don't know why but it's hilarious how he says "worried." Just wanted to share thx

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

I'm rewatching The Three Fs right now and... Steve says "things have gotten bad and we're warried they're going to get worse." I don't know why but it's hilarious how he says "worried." Just wanted to share thx

steve pronounces sorry and lots of other words like he's canadian

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

that one was too cutesy and weird for me, I did enjoy all the Lewis stuff though

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I like when the smiths are genuinely affectionate to one another as a palette cleanser for the rest of the time. Stan and Francine being genuinely excited for his crush was rather sweet

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

There's no show written like this drat thing. I thought that episode was perfection, in particular every Lewis line slays and Snots journey was great. This is an incredibly weird season, it's straight up experimental.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Something random I noticed on the bus was the weird blue haired girl from the Independent Movie episode. Might just be recycled for background characters, but I'd like to think someone put her there on purpose given the bizarre girls in this episode.

I think I see some metaphors going on. Milk is a pretty bland drink. The girl ends up being an undercover celebrity who jumps off a building. Meanwhile the girl who doesn't think life has a purpose and avoids emotional attachments is eating ghost peppers. Something's going on here.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lolling at snot's philadelphia girlfriend.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

TheFattestPat posted:

Something random I noticed on the bus was the weird blue haired girl from the Independent Movie episode. Might just be recycled for background characters, but I'd like to think someone put her there on purpose given the bizarre girls in this episode.

I think I see some metaphors going on. Milk is a pretty bland drink. The girl ends up being an undercover celebrity who jumps off a building. Meanwhile the girl who doesn't think life has a purpose and avoids emotional attachments is eating ghost peppers. Something's going on here.

This felt like a more sincere take on the Independent Movie episode. Which is fine, it keeps the show unpredictable, and generally fits in with it occasionally having inexplicably earned emotional moments. American Dad has really good writing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Milo and POTUS posted:

lolling at snot's philadelphia girlfriend.

She was amazing

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nichael posted:

This felt like a more sincere take on the Independent Movie episode. Which is fine, it keeps the show unpredictable, and generally fits in with it occasionally having inexplicably earned emotional moments. American Dad has really good writing.

I felt like the indie movie episode was also pretty sincere, albeit in a super weird and meta way.

That's a pretty consistent thing about this show, no matter how insane the premise is they commit to it wholeheartedly.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

The strange feeling people might be getting from this episode is that they actually let the female love interest characters have their own quirks, flaws, etc. in a way that the usual one-episode love interests usually don't. Usually they have to operate as an ideal to go after as opposed to a character that is operating on the same level as the main characters, in this case actually playing off each other to some degree. Honestly I hope these characters get more than one chance to establish themselves.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Snot's Philadelphia girlfriend teams up with Klaus and his boys from Florida for a bank heist, also Raider Dave is there.

American Dad, make this episode please.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Sucks that we're never going to see any of these characters ever again.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TheFattestPat posted:

Sucks that we're never going to see any of these characters ever again.

Well maybe, they brought back Danuta and Tuttle after they didn't appear for multiple seasons, and Danuta was basically a background character in her first appearance. So it's unlikely, but not impossible.

If it did happen I feel like the best way to use Ghost Pepper Girl and/or Philadelphia Girlfriend going forward would be to have them be Hayley's co-workers at subhub and make them her Lenny and Carl. We have established characters for Steve's friends at school, and established characters for Stan's coworkers at the CIA, but we don't have character's for Subhub yet and if we did that could open up the possibility for some interesting new stories

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ali is only a year older than Steve so she's probably not getting a job any time soon.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

PotatoJudge posted:

Pretty sure Christine Nangle is doing the voice for Snot's girlfriend. Her Philly accent schtick has killed me since the Pawnsylvania skits on Kroll Show.
She's in the voice credits, along with D'Arcy Carden and semi-regular Lake Bell.

Like at the start I was wondering why they made Milk Girl basically Tracy Flick, and the reveal killed it lmao. And all that jawn.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chris Knight posted:

She's in the voice credits, along with D'Arcy Carden and semi-regular Lake Bell.

Like at the start I was wondering why they made Milk Girl basically Tracy Flick, and the reveal killed it lmao. And all that jawn.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought she looked like Reese Witherspoon when she first appeared

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Lewis and his friend drinking skull vodka straight from the bottle was a nice touch.

Also props to them because that poo poo is horrid.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

limp_cheese posted:

Lewis and his friend drinking skull vodka straight from the bottle was a nice touch.

Also props to them because that poo poo is horrid.

I need a drink!
Nice try kid

Kinda wanted Steve to inhale then spit take the vodka.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Funny thing is milk is great for dealing with spicy stuff.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Some pictures with me & my friends at a Phillies game popped up in my Facebook memories recently, so it was nice to see this episode right after, even if I didn't like it that much.

Chris Knight posted:

I thought Milk Girl was going to end up being Lacey Krinklehole, but apparently Tracy Flick is who Lacey Krinklehole is modeled after, so there's that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Episodes up to this week have been added to Hulu. They list this week's episode as "New" so maybe this means it'll start getting stuff after it airs?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

That’s pretty significant, i wonder what’s changed in the contract.

Maybe it’s a sign that the two seasons ordered but yet to air will move to Hulu for first run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

That's not any different from the way they handle FX shows on Hulu