Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Nothing makes a chili like fresh green peas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/POTUS44/status/616338528138608640?s=20&t=u2f3fKyvasWoRWHk6d--OA

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I wasn't aware that people added peas to guac, it sounds like something you'd do to cut down on the cost before you sell it to someone else.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Kenning posted:

This isn't true. Chili powder is just dehydrated, ground chili peppers. Some chili powders are a blend of peppers, but you can also find specific chili powders (like ancho or guajillo powders). You can also grind your whole dried chilis fresh. Garam masala just refers to an overall practice of blending a certain mix of spices. It can be distributed as a pre-ground, packaged spice blend, but it's also common to roast and grind the spices fresh as you're making the dish.

McCormick chili powder according to their website:

quote:

You might be surprised to know that chili powder is actually a blend of herbs and spices. Ours begins with whole, ripe chili peppers, toasted and mixed with ingredients including cumin, oregano, garlic and salt.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Sausage, bacon and egg burrito. It had been sitting in the hot food counter for a while so it looked a bit dry. Might not look like much but I walked 4 miles through snowy weather and it hit the spot.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Needs some kinda jalapeño cheese sauce, or pepperjack

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Lol, Im on the other side of the atlantic. The only condiments available were Ketchup or HP Sauce.

Hp sauce would have improved it, tbh.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
First time I've seen a burrito with entire sausage links in it, but I'd try it.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Haifisch posted:

First time I've seen a burrito with entire sausage links in it, but I'd try it.

So you're saying the sausage criminal needs to make a sausage link burrito sausage.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Valko posted:

Lol, Im on the other side of the atlantic. The only condiments available were Ketchup or HP Sauce.

Hp sauce would have improved it, tbh.

that's a wrap m9 not a burrito

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Butterfly Valley posted:

that's a wrap m9 not a burrito

Yeah I know, but most people on the forums are american and lucky for them I speak fluent american and british.

If I spoke in my native language (northern irish) only a handful of posters could understand me.

thas whats the craic.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

a sexual elk posted:

Needs some kinda jalapeño cheese sauce, or pepperjack

I don't think I've seen a breakfast burrito without some kind of cheese even a single time in my life, I am strangely unsettled by that

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Grocery store’s deli next to my old job used to make breakfast burritos with sausage links, Canadian bacon, egg,spicy cheese sauce and seasoned wedge fries. I used to dip out for “cart runs” almost daily to pick one up

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Valko posted:

Yeah I know, but most people on the forums are american and lucky for them I speak fluent american and british.

If I spoke in my native language (northern irish) only a handful of posters could understand me.

thas whats the craic.

it's not a burrito because the quintessence of burrito-ness is in small granular ingredients that intermingle and fill all available space inside a tightly-wrapped tortilla. like the gold in the leprechaun's pot rather than the bullets in the armalite's clip :)

e. x-post from americana.jpg:

some may ask why beer should be sold by the 5-gallon plastic bubble; i ask why it should not

HookedOnChthonics has a new favorite as of 06:42 on Sep 28, 2022

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Why bother with a ball if it needs to be inside a square to not roll away?

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Mmm Matt's and Schmidt's. The only names you need to know to get the best in beer

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

By popular demand posted:

You have all these various peppers on your shelf but do you have LOVE?

As someone who also joined in Jan of 2001, no. And from what I can tell I never will.

:negative:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
in the apocalypse, the man with the spice mix is the best cannibal

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Can’t wait for this guy to do a collab with that goon who did the chili recipe that called for, idk, potatoes or mushrooms or some poo poo, and claimed that people would be lining up around the block to fellate you for it (I actually conflated that guy with the edgelord comic guy tbh)

How could you mention him and not the absolutely fantastic response to his claim?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

rain dogs posted:

Mmm Matt's and Schmidt's. The only names you need to know to get the best in beer

Formerly Chuck’s

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Samovar posted:

How could you mention him and not the absolutely fantastic response to his claim?

Here's the setup:

porizj posted:

I'm so sorry to have offended your delicate sensibilities. All I have to go on is about 10 years of people lining up to fellate me after trying my chili.

And the punchline:

Scientastic posted:

Anything to get the taste out of their mouth, I suppose.

I also enjoyed this post:

Scientastic posted:

I really like this recipe. I had to make a couple of substitutions, because I couldn't find certain ingredients, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I changed the pork to beef, simply because I prefer beef. I obviously kept the tomatoes, but I had to replace the onion soup mix with cheese sauce, because I'm reverse lactose intolerant (if there's not sufficient lactose in my food, I get sick). I know a few purists will be cross with me for this, but I had to leave out the mushrooms (I'm allergic to them). Instead, I used large flat sheets of pasta. I thought it'd be nice to give it a bit of an avant garde twist, so I made my chili in layers. One layer of meaty sauce, followed by the mushrooms (flat pasta), topped with onion soup (cheese sauce). After a couple of layers like this, I topped the whole thing of with beans. Except, because I couldn't get beans, I used grated parmesan.

It was delicious. A++++ would cook again.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Valko posted:

thas whats the craic.

Is that actually what a burrito is? I've never honestly been quite sure cos yeah we only have wraps here.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

OwlFancier posted:

Is that actually what a burrito is? I've never honestly been quite sure cos yeah we only have wraps here.

Scramble some eggs, dice some sausage, toss in some shredded cheese, season the whole thing up real nice, and make a tight wrap, and you have a real basic breakfast burrito

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

OwlFancier posted:

Come on m9 I know your whole shtick is bumbling brit baffled by the existence of weird foreign muck but there's been (poo poo) burritos in the UK for fuckin ages

There's overlap between burritos and wraps but generally I'd say a burrito should be larger, more stuffed, tightly wrapped, and the filling should generally have some kind of carb in there (rice or fries in the case of breakfast burritos) and beans. Also should be served hot. All burritos are wraps but not all wraps are burritos.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Rice AND beans might be a bit much, tho it depends on the bean.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

the mexican jernt up the street does a chorizo/egg/bean/potato breakfast burrito and it's amazing

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

boar guy posted:

the mexican jernt up the street does a chorizo/egg/bean/potato breakfast burrito and it's amazing

oh gently caress I suddenly want this
Maybe a twisters trip is in order some time today

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Butterfly Valley posted:

All burritos are wraps but not all wraps are burritos.

burrito bowl

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
are there any fancy beans?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LifeSunDeath posted:

I have never encountered one in a top hat and monocle, no

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

Come on m9 I know your whole shtick is bumbling brit baffled by the existence of weird foreign muck but there's been (poo poo) burritos in the UK for fuckin ages

There's overlap between burritos and wraps but generally I'd say a burrito should be larger, more stuffed, tightly wrapped, and the filling should generally have some kind of carb in there (rice or fries in the case of breakfast burritos) and beans. Also should be served hot. All burritos are wraps but not all wraps are burritos.

I had thought for some reason that burritos were like, fried afterwards?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Adzuki is pretty fancy, one cultivar has a somewhat fruity flavour and the other a distinct nutty taste.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I had thought for some reason that burritos were like, fried afterwards?

that is a chimichanga, made up mexican food for white people. it's delicious

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Please don't mention chimichangas, I've almost made it a month without ordering a huge one and eating it in minutes

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

LifeSunDeath posted:

these are pretty fancy. i'm into it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

By popular demand posted:

Adzuki is pretty fancy, one cultivar has a somewhat fruity flavour and the other a distinct nutty taste.
ugh, I never liked anko. I've had it tons of times, and it will never replace actual sweets.

uber_stoat posted:

these are pretty fancy. i'm into it.

oh gently caress yes, those look fancy!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

RFC2324 posted:

I have never encountered one in a top hat and monocle, no

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

You could instead not fry the burrito and instead cover it with sauce, resulting in the noble enchilada.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zero_Grade posted:

You could instead not fry the burrito and instead cover it with sauce, resulting in the noble enchilada.

Why would anyone want to do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
wet burrito, douse that mofo in some mole negro and go hog wild.