Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Abyss posted:

Our chicken bakes are now $3.99.

Welp I'm done I'm starting a protest outside your Costco. Chicken bakes should be 1/6th of a min wage hour at maximum

We need full chicken bake luxury communism NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Abyss posted:

Our chicken bakes are now $3.99.

On the other hand, ours now has soda sans hotdog advertised at 69 cents for 420 calories :allears:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

This Pendleton blanket is the poo poo

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008
I used to be able to get Jongga kimchi, but the local hasn't had it for a while. I got what they had which was Pulmuone (made in Korea! it desperately shouts on the front).
Haven't cracked it open yet and I'm not enough of a kimchi connoisseur to recall jongga and do a fair comparison - anyone able to weigh in and compare the two?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Chronojam posted:

On the other hand, ours now has soda sans hotdog advertised at 69 cents for 420 calories :allears:

Uhh California? North California? Mine does the same poo poo. I had to take a double take to realize it was real

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Yeah; it's magnificent and belongs on a bumper sticker all the same.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its worse, pulmuone

not by a lot tho. the vegan brands are a lot worse

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocsTRFkzUAA

Come get a hot dog! five dollars 1.50 with refill!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

hot dog hack: jongga kimchi on top of a dog with ketchup and teriyaki sauce

thank me later

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I asked for a refill on the hot dog instead of a the soda. They said no. Complete bullshit.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Strong Convections posted:

I used to be able to get Jongga kimchi, but the local hasn't had it for a while. I got what they had which was Pulmuone (made in Korea! it desperately shouts on the front).
Haven't cracked it open yet and I'm not enough of a kimchi connoisseur to recall jongga and do a fair comparison - anyone able to weigh in and compare the two?

Dunno about kimchee but their air dried noodles are meh. I think it's a bargain brand.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

That time of year is approaching
https://i.imgur.com/xU6iFid.mp4

Gird thy loins!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I asked for a refill on the hot dog instead of a the soda. They said no. Complete bullshit.

Did you bring back the empty bun? They need that to refill it...

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Just had a slice of pep. It was good.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Since I know this thread just loves wastes of money, I stopped by my local Costco and they had put out a giant pallet of the musical Christmas Disney castles I was asking about. I grabbed one and left with nothing else in what was my fastest Costco trip in history. Didn't even stop for a dog (because there's still no onions or deli mustard)

Happy wife

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It's loving huge though I was really surprised at it.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
This year I'm setting up a tiny Costco village. I've been working on scale pallet racking for about six months. I'll have little decorated meat department and Santa will be selling air conditioners, elves in the tire department and 1400 to scale pies of varied coloring.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

StormDrain posted:

This year I'm setting up a tiny Costco village. I've been working on scale pallet racking for about six months. I'll have little decorated meat department and Santa will be selling air conditioners, elves in the tire department and 1400 to scale pies of varied coloring.

costco diorama when

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Costco has the full size candy bars on sale next month if you wanna be king poo poo of your neighborhood this Halloween.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

FCKGW posted:

Costco has the full size candy bars on sale next month if you wanna be king poo poo of your neighborhood this Halloween.

We're gonna try the little Rice Krispie treats that come in a box of 60 for $10 this year.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

StormDrain posted:

I’m here for this.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i'm giving out hot dogs

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

FCKGW posted:

We get way too many kids for this, but maybe one year I’ll splurge.

We bought 2 big bags of chocolate candy and 2 bags of the not chocolate and it was almost 80 bucks. That generally gets me through the kids we get.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

skipdogg posted:

We get way too many kids for this, but maybe one year I’ll splurge.

We bought 2 big bags of chocolate candy and 2 bags of the not chocolate and it was almost 80 bucks. That generally gets me through the kids we get.

i did this once and the trouble is the kids figure out you're giving out the good stuff so more kids come, so you can't rely on estimates from previous years to calculate how many kids are coming. i estimated about double the usual and it was about right

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Got accosted by a deacon proselytizing the Executive Membership as I was checking out.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Head Bee Guy posted:

Got accosted by a deacon proselytizing the Executive Membership as I was checking out.

When I signed up the other day they were all pushing Executive SUPER hard, like they passed me between 3 different employees all doing these extended, energetic spiels and elevator pitches. I haven't seen salesmanship that aggressive since Gamestop pushing Game Informer Magazine.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I saw one guy make a sale of the membership and then tell the manager and she was like WOOO ATTA BOY

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

One time I took a chicken bake cut it in half vertically and put siraha and more bacon in it

It was bakealiciois

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

One time I took a chicken bake cut it in half vertically and put siraha and more bacon in it

It was bakealiciois
That's basically what Bon Appetit magazine did when they reengineered the thing. Along with more anchovies in the Cesar mix

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

FilthyImp posted:

That's basically what Bon Appetit magazine did when they reengineered the thing. Along with more anchovies in the Cesar mix

Shrimp bake

Holy poo poo

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah after you eat it you’ll probably say “HOLY” when you poo poo

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah after you eat it you’ll probably say “HOLY” when you poo poo

I drink a consistent regime of Kombucha to keep my colon producing fine grade defecations. I have to drink a 1:1 ratio of kombucha bottles to chicken bakes

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

you would think the constant kimchi intake would be enough probiotics for people itt

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Zero VGS posted:

When I signed up the other day they were all pushing Executive SUPER hard, like they passed me between 3 different employees all doing these extended, energetic spiels and elevator pitches. I haven't seen salesmanship that aggressive since Gamestop pushing Game Informer Magazine.

I was already Executive, but had a non-Executive card. After the third time of having someone look like I had kicked their puppy when I told them I already had it, I just went over to CS and got a new card printed up.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I drink a consistent regime of Kombucha to keep my colon producing fine grade defecations. I have to drink a 1:1 ratio of kombucha bottles to chicken bakes

By weight, volume, or individual packaging?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Costco has finally opened in NZ - I will report back once I visit

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Something just occurred to me, did they stop doing combo pizza? I have seen it on the menu in Boston, only cheese/pep.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Solus posted:

Costco has finally opened in NZ - I will report back once I visit

I wonder if it’ll have any different Food Court options compared to the Australia Costcos.

Zero VGS posted:

Something just occurred to me, did they stop doing combo pizza? I have seen it on the menu in Boston, only cheese/pep.

Yes, it got killed off during Covid.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Motherfuckers! Are you telling me the peppers/onions/olives were breaking the bank but pepperoni is fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah killed in COVID along with the $5 huge chicken salad that was honestly a great lunch.