Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Now that I'm at World Level 7, if I never bother grinding out everyone's A6, is the game just going to warn me that the entire world is "highly dangerous" forever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

FractalSandwich posted:

Now that I'm at World Level 7, if I never bother grinding out everyone's A6, is the game just going to warn me that the entire world is "highly dangerous" forever?

Yes!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

FractalSandwich posted:

yes. I have every character at least at 80/90 and still get it. Not sure when it would go away.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

I’m a very new player who doesn’t have any 5 star characters yet, but I’m getting close to a pity roll, would it be stupid to roll for the new character on the banner or am I better suited just holding off for some other character that’s good all around?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It went away for me and I only have one character at 90/90, Hu Tao, and it went away even when they aren't in my party. No idea what metrics it's using. It might be factoring in talent and artifact levels, too? Or possibly even your whole account.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Noobles posted:

I’m a very new player who doesn’t have any 5 star characters yet, but I’m getting close to a pity roll, would it be stupid to roll for the new character on the banner or am I better suited just holding off for some other character that’s good all around?
If you want Cyno, roll for him. This game isn't so hard that you need to minmax who you get.

If you are looking for gameplay optimization, I'd go for Venti over Cyno. Venti is an extremely all-purpose character who provides damage support and also groups up and knocks around enemies in a way that makes combat extremely safe. Venti is one of the better characters in the game, and his biggest competition in his role, Kazuha, is unlikely to be rerun for at least six months, if not closer to a year, and still doesn't provide as much crowd control/grouping. He's one of the better picks even going forward, so he's an extremely safe pickup.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Noobles posted:

I wouldn't say it's stupid, no. Cyno's not some new meta-defining super-strong character, but he's got a cool playstyle that you might really enjoy (try out his test run if you haven't) and he's easily going to be strong enough to pretty much carry you to the higher adventure ranks on his own.

The other limited character available right now, Venti, would also be a great get. He's a very powerful support and crowd control character who also contributes good damage, extremely useful for exploration, and a great all-purpose character you can use in a wide variety of teams. If you're not in love with Cyno specifically, Venti would probably be a better get.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Though speaking of Venti I'm wondering if I'm going to try to grab him. I got close to pity while pulling for Shinobu and I don't have him yet, but I do have Kazuha (and use him basically constantly).

I'd like to pick up at least one copy of the new 4* sword on the next weapon banner, and I'm obviously gonna try to get Nahida, but I'm really tempted to grab Venti. He's the only currently-released Archon I don't have...

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
It's pretty funny that I have to redeem daily commissions at a different Katheryne due to the archon quest.
Also today's dailies took me way out into the edge of the desert that I haven't explored yet :effort:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/xqef3t/nahida_burst_via_sagiri/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

holy poo poo nahida's burst

edit: it also seems like a 12 second cooldown, so it might be 40 energy burst, prototype amber so she can be a dendro healer here we come

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I just came here to post this, it's gorgeous

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Protoamber is sooo strong on her if it's really 40 cost. Restore 25% of every team member's max hp with healing hat, restore 18 (!!!!!) energy to nahida. Legitimately a more effective healer than dori or diona.

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Thanks for the input everyone, now I have another question. I just pulled Venti before my pity came into play, does that mean I’ll still get another 5 star soon or does that reset the pity counter back to 0? All the feedback is much appreciated!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Noobles posted:

Thanks for the input everyone, now I have another question. I just pulled Venti before my pity came into play, does that mean I’ll still get another 5 star soon or does that reset the pity counter back to 0? All the feedback is much appreciated!

It resets when you pull a 5*. And congrats on the Venti! He's pretty rad

Noobles
Aug 17, 2004

Harrow posted:

It resets when you pull a 5*. And congrats on the Venti! He's pretty rad

I figured that was the case but wanted to make sure, thanks! Pretty bummed that I missed Ganyu by less than 24 hours but Venti does look pretty cool!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

AG3 posted:

I wasn't planning on rolling since her kit didn't seem that appealing to me, but now I'm faltering... then again if she's purely support you won't be seeing that attack string much anyway.

As a dendro catalyst with perma-infused leftclicks she is guaranteed to be an at least okay driver for a quicken/aggravate team even if you never touch her skill/burst. You can definitely build a team around Nahida's NAs, though who knows whether it's optimal.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 28, 2022

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I got Shinobu up to c4 and I still don't see a point. She can heal for 4700 every 1.5s or she can have 41k HP. c4 does what it says which is ~10% HP as electro dmg every 5s as a joint normal attack. Does that sound useful? It's not useful. You're basically done when you get Shinobu to c3. Enka.network is down but this is pretty much what I'm using on her

The problem with Shinobu for dendro comps is: I don't have any dendro appliers worth a drat. This isn't a dendro comp this is just an electro-charged team with a little bit of dendro sprinked on top. I'll try Shinobu again when I can pull off a proper dendro team cuz this ain't it.

I'm trying double electro because my hydro applicators are OP at applying hydro and overshadow the other elements. Using either Yelan or XQ reactions are completely tilted towards bloom. At least with Ayato I get windows for aggravate reactions before a stream of bloom/hyperbloom.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I just hope she makes it so I never have to use DMC and Collei on the same team ever again. I can deal with using one, but both makes me want to rip my hair out.

Hopefully her apparently huge AoEs make bloom teams and their non-existent cc more enjoyable.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sanctum posted:

The problem with Shinobu for dendro comps is: I don't have any dendro appliers worth a drat. This isn't a dendro comp this is just an electro-charged team with a little bit of dendro sprinked on top. I'll try Shinobu again when I can pull off a proper dendro team cuz this ain't it.

With a full EM build on her and Deepwood's resistance shred you'll be seeing like 30k hyperblooms, which are pretty reliable with her because if she's the only electro on the team she'll be triggering all the hyperblooms. It's a variant on an electro-charged team, yeah, but with a bunch of 30k dendro bombs going off instead of the higher electro damage someone like Fischl would provide.

Would definitely be better with a better/stronger dendro applicator though, so I'm feeling like 3.2 is going to be fun.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It's very funny seeing how crazy strong leaks are for Nahida and then comparing them with how bad DMC and Collei are. They didn't need to make them so bad to push Nahida, she's going to sell insanely well regardless.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Sanctum posted:

I got Shinobu up to c4 and I still don't see a point. She can heal for 4700 every 1.5s or she can have 41k HP. c4 does what it says which is ~10% HP as electro dmg every 5s as a joint normal attack. Does that sound useful? It's not useful. You're basically done when you get Shinobu to c3. Enka.network is down but this is pretty much what I'm using

You're doing it wrong. EM/EM/EM build, EM weapon if you can, level 90. Hyperbloom teams specifically need you to have EXACTLY 1 electro, so that they can maintain full ownership of hyperbloom. In hyperbloom, Shinobu is a dendro rection subdps that incidentally heals. You have to build her as one.

But yeah dendro units right now are pretty mid. Wait for Nahida, who's looking to be an absolutely bonkers swiss army knife unit that can do anything.

Edit: actually, for the more experienced hyper-kuki users, do you guy use tenacity or the new EM thing? I was looking at tenacity myself but when I think about it, most hyperbloom teams don't really need teamwide attack super badly.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 28, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This really is an interesting game state that probably won't happen again, or not for a long time. A brand new element releases with a bunch of new reactions to build teams around and the natural pace of characters being released means we have to go for a while before really good characters who fill important roles in that element can be released.

It's possible there'll be another element again one day, a long time from now, but until then a "we really don't know how good like any of these characters are until some needed [new element] roles can be released" situation is pretty rare. It's kind of cool and fun in a weird way though I guess it doesn't help for trying to decide whether to pull for characters like Cyno, Candace, or Nilou :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Eimi posted:

It's very funny seeing how crazy strong leaks are for Nahida and then comparing them with how bad DMC and Collei are. They didn't need to make them so bad to push Nahida, she's going to sell insanely well regardless.
I think they made them really bad because they wanted to see if there were any surprises with dendro so they knew what to test for with future characters. Pushing the envelope in patch 1 could have had some really long-term consequences. Collei didnt have to feel this bad to use though for sure.

MoonCrab posted:

Edit: actually, for the more experienced hyper-kuki users, do you guy use tenacity or the new EM thing? I was looking at tenacity myself but when I think about it, most hyperbloom teams don't really need teamwide attack super badly.
I use the new thing. 250 EM is 6000 more dmg per bloom even at the high diminishing return levels of 750+ EM. Disclosure: I have never done the pale flame domain and never will

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 28, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Eimi posted:

DMC is legit good, and still the 2nd best dendro applicator until like goddamn maybe Baizhou in *3.6*. Her Skill sucks, but her Burst isn't "bad" just because Nahida is going full Archon creep.

Collei is absolutely bad though.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Running Kuki and Collei on the same team is really jarring. Their E cast times are like night and day. Also, gotta say I'm loving the permanent heal ring. I'm probably spoiled having C2 right away.

Tae posted:

DMC is legit good, and still the 2nd best dendro applicator until like goddamn maybe Baizhou in *3.6*. Her Skill sucks, but her Burst isn't "bad" just because Nahida is going full Archon creep.

Eh, when stuff gets knocked out of DMC's burst it feels pretty terrible. At least with C2, Collei gives decent player-centered application.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 28, 2022

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tae posted:

If the skill just had some leeway for vertical variance it would be okay. It's ridiculous that small rocks or just the natural world geometry that keeps areas from being completely flat can make it whiff. The cooldown and hitbox are both way more suited to a high damage skill shot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Wow they're actually rerunning the fall guys event in 3.2. I thought it was lost forever...

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Looks like the green sparkles are completely gone in 3.1.

MoonCrab posted:

I thought Thundering Fury was the choice for hyperbloom.

Any kind of hyperbloom team should be nuts with Nahida. According to the leaks she turns single-target damage into multi-target damage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Thundering Fury doesn't do much for hyperbloom, the 15% electro dmg bonus does nothing and the 40% buff to bloom is less than the 250EM you get from gilded even if you have 2000EM (theoretically possible with god-roll kuki+nahida+sapwoodC2kazuha+keyR5 but truly unrealistic)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 28, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

I remember a leak claiming that Nahida would sell based on her story which is kind of a bold claim and probably would prove true, but it seems like they plan on just making her really really good too. Definitely feels like they've set things up to make her a must roll for Dendro since otherwise its just Collei and Dendro Traveller as people have pointed out.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

The new birb friend is so happy when you open a chest :3:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bird friend is:
cute
nice looking
quiet
a reference to the best npc

It kind of power crept the other options.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:negative: now im even more torn between doing more pulls for cyno (im around 40 pity rn) or saving for nahida because A) story really good and B) animations INSANELY good

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

"Have you somehow offended the gods in some way?"

Absolutely amazing.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

New code: MA6RPW8GGJAM

60 primo and 5 red exp notes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

DMC is decent, honestly. They have massive energy problems but their burst is pretty good, I think they'll still have a place in double dendro teams for a while. No idea what the idea was with Collei, though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Collei's gonna be great once we cure Eleazar in 3.8.

Just like how Chongyun's gonna become the best male character once we force him to drink a hot cup of tea.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

How do team weapon infusions work with Diluc? I assume that his (non burst) fire sword skill wouldn't cancel a cryo or hydo infusion from another character, but his burst would?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Diluc's E is just a skill, it hits with fire no matter what hes infused with but doesn't cancel it for his autos. Diluc's Q overrides the infusion with its pyro infusion, though.

Chongyun and Diluc melt is a gimmick team where you just alternate AA -> E -> AA -> E to spam melts. It'd work with Candace and vape, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How do team weapon infusions work with Diluc? I assume that his (non burst) fire sword skill wouldn't cancel a cryo or hydo infusion from another character, but his burst would?

Diluc, Hu Tao, Noelle, Xiao, Ayaka, characters that apply elements to their weapons in general, I think all of their infusions beat anything that another character puts down. C6 Bennet burst, Choungyun's skill