Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don’t want Endeavour to die, he won me over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Delphisage posted:

Uh, yes. It'd make too many Western fans happy if he died, while the Japanese fandom would be outraged at the loss of their bara daddy.

You say that like there aren't western fans to also love their bara daddy.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
The Dabi fight ending with his whole family hugging him to prevent nuclear meltdown

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I think it'd be lame to have Endeavor die and avoid the consequences of his actions.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I don't think he'll die, there's a decent chance he might lose his quirk though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tampa Bae posted:

The Dabi fight ending with his whole family hugging him to prevent nuclear meltdown

He's going to die saving Dabi by hugging Dabi and siphoning off the excess body head into himself, finally redeeming his treatment of his children and dying so he doesn't have to stick around for the awkwardness of actually interacting with the children he victimized. And in the epilogue Dabi will stand over his grave and muse that Endeavor was actually the Coolest Dad.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Todoroki will not be there to agree because he will have vanished from the manga after being overshadowed by his dad.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

He's going to die saving Dabi by hugging Dabi and siphoning off the excess body head into himself, finally redeeming his treatment of his children and dying so he doesn't have to stick around for the awkwardness of actually interacting with the children he victimized. And in the epilogue Dabi will stand over his grave and muse that Endeavor was actually the Coolest Dad.

The manga has been pretty consistent in refusing to let people have the easy way out so far. Don't see why that would change now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I think the reason Endeavour works and continues to work is that at no point, even at his worst, did he ever go "And I did nothing wrong!" Even though he was trying to NOT have Touya train for his own sake, Endeavour considers that a failing. He consistently made the wrong decision, it was his fault. In his mind, he instilled that desire into Touya, responded the entirely wrong way to his son being hurt, and then utterly failed to BE a parent for any of his children while his hateful obsession grew. The fact that he WASN'T abusive towards Touyas and did cut their training the moment he saw his son was hurting himself only makes his failures as a father more evident, because Touya's obsession came from him and rather than try to help his son in any way all he could think was to try to keep him from doing it again.

The fact is, Endeavour's probably not just a great character and arc IN MHA, but I'd argue in quite a lot of shonen, many of which have dropped the ball with "The abusive parent" he's top tier because not only have they not tried to justify his abuse as "For their own good" but even showing that his attempt TO protect his son "For his own good" was in fact, ALSO abuse, and stemming from his own obsession, which was ALSO abuse!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endeavor's an onion of parental abuse. The Thanos of MHA.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Leaks are hitting a day early. Take a guess as to why.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Horny color page of Hagekure, but the really disturbing leak is the one of the volume extra where Horikoshi draws Midoriya, Bakugou, Shouto, and all might realistically

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fabricated posted:

Horny color page of Hagekure, but the really disturbing leak is the one of the volume extra where Horikoshi draws Midoriya, Bakugou, Shouto, and all might realistically

:chloe:

Not sure I want to see realistic All Might in either form...

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Had to search for it again.

https://twitter.com/Color_Division/status/1575104577590161408?t=Y7IC45vvgoIwiZ9QbkWexg&s=19

Bakugou looks like he's from Bleach to me.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
no sir, I don’t like it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:yikes:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Deku is the worst

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

He should have drawn the animal talking dude realistically

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Fabricated posted:

https://twitter.com/Color_Division/status/1575104577590161408?t=Y7IC45vvgoIwiZ9QbkWexg&s=19

OH MY GOD loving All Might... I'm dying

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I'm here for Ozzy Osbourne All Might tbh

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fabricated posted:

Well, Chainsaw Man does canonically exist in the MHA world, so it makes sense that a realistic Deku would look like a character out of Chainsaw Man.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is that color Hagakure picture going around legit for Chapter 368? I kind of hate it and wish it wasn't drawn like that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harlock posted:

Is that color Hagakure picture going around legit for Chapter 368? I kind of hate it and wish it wasn't drawn like that.

Uh wow yeah do not Google this. It is extremely loving gross. Apparently it is legit.

Edit: to a lot people wondering, it is the character naked except for strips of tape.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 28, 2022

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Uh wow yeah do not Google this.

imma google it

shouldn’t have done that!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

imma google it

Yeah sorry I added clarification so people would know what the deal is

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Oxxidation posted:

imma google it

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sorry, should have added more context - didn't want to post it because of how gross and lovely it is.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I thought y’all were joking at first

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Oxxidation posted:

imma google it

did the exact same loving thing, jesus christ horikoshi can you be even a little less horny on main

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gotta goose those volume sales while you can

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mineta hasnt been in the comic for months, hes gotta get this out of his system somehow.

more proof for my 'mineta is innocent' argumentation

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Gotta goose those volume sales while you can
It's a color insert in Jump so it isn't even in a printed volume, so this is pretty much just being horny

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Harlock posted:

Sorry, should have added more context - didn't want to post it because of how gross and lovely it is.

I genuinely think you'd probably get dinged for it being :nws: if you did post it

Also, even worse? Maybe? is that the character isn't even wearing tape, the character is naked except for boots/gloves and the "tape" is just caution tape across the cover like a censor bar. It genuinely looks like a hentai novel cover.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Couldn't have given her a suit made from her hair like Mirio, huh, Hori?

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Man, I wish Black Clover wasn't so mediocre. Then I could use it as a positive example of women mattering without being cheesecaked.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Vinylshadow posted:

Couldn't have given her a suit made from her hair like Mirio, huh, Hori?

When she was being teased as the traitor last year, her sillhouette looked like she was wearing the Black-Op Assassin outfit from Half-Life.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
I haven't googled it but I still wish this was just a "Hagakure being invisible, but in color" joke like I initially thought it was.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Fabricated posted:

Horny color page of Hagekure

You know, I glossed over you saying this so it didn't process until I actually got blindsided by the image when I went searching for the leaks.

Why? :negative:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Delphisage posted:

Man, I wish Black Clover wasn't so mediocre. Then I could use it as a positive example of women mattering without being cheesecaked.
Black Clover has had two hot springs fan service scenes and cheesecake page inserts. The thing about Black Clover is that it's pretty much boilerplate shonen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Not as bad as the Kenshin or Made in Abyss guys but this is disgusting. gently caress Horikoshi lol