Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.
JeffP live on a bridge in the eyewall, I can't even

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppPsqS9RRDU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Lamebot posted:

Drones are a thing now.

There's no sport in that.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Lamebot posted:

Drones are a thing now.

Yeah they dropped one into the storm I believe.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Man poor Ft. Myers. Sanibel harbor was my favourite vacation place as a kid. I caught my first snook there.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Man poor Ft. Myers. Sanibel harbor was my favourite vacation place as a kid. I caught my first snook there.

I hope you threw it back.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Vacation Tenzin posted:

lol this is so stupid

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Vacation Tenzin posted:

why is he on a bridge? that sounds, not smart.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

big nipples big life posted:

why is he on a bridge? that sounds, not smart.

everyone knows the safest place in a cat 4 is on a bridge next to active construction with huge cranes

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
this crane better fall down

E: the cranes arent even moving at all, goddamit Jeff you got me all excited for a minute

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Sep 28, 2022

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Jesus, looking at the radar, they are just now in the eye, they have got a whole second wallop coming. Does much storm surge drain in the eye? I'm guessing not because the other end of the eye is continuing to push it forward.

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

A black coupe just casually drove by JeffP, almost as if to wonder what he was doing on a bridge filming a crane when it had just driven under said crane and onto said bridge. Everyone has lost their drat minds and it is beautiful.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

It's the last place a hurricane would expect you to be.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

People giving him money as if he's gonna get it

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

This Jeff fella is easily the most under rated of all the streams. This freaking rules!

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..

Lamebot posted:

Drones are a thing now.

They actually dropped a drone out of the plane on that flight. Sadly no drones are going to be able to collect the kind of data you get flying through a hurricane.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Jack-in-the-Bach posted:

People giving him money as if he's gonna get it

He'll live, they always do.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

yummycheese posted:

This Jeff fella is easily the most under rated of all the streams. This freaking rules!

Jeff is the best storm chase streamer but has the worst equipment. I gave up earlier because it kept dying, but he's in a great spot now.

He takes more risks than anyone else and has the craziest personality.

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

goatface posted:

He'll live, they always do.

JeffP is made out of whatever roaches are made out of

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

JeffP hid his soul in a prefab shed. As long as the shed still stands, he can never die.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Is this storm moving slower than most? I feel its been in the exact same spot for like 3 hours.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Storms tend to slow down when they have land and condos to grind against.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol jeff hanging his head out the window in the eyewall

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cantore just got knocked down by an errant branch. Dude, guy, my friend, stop standing in the middle of the street.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

boy i sure wish my sister that lives in Port Charlotte didn't decide to stay there!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Ehud posted:

Oof. This one may live up to the hype.

https://twitter.com/YWNReporter/status/1575189407812009984?s=20&t=8u9wi3-9cSWI1jf34IlcAQ

Hopefully most people got out of areas like this.

Yeah, that's pretty much where wife's nephew lives. Possibly 'lived' at this point.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
My Mom and Brother finally left Port Charlotte after the weather guy reminded them it's hard to hold onto the roof during storm surge when you're also in a cat 4 hurricane.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

I tuned into the Jeff stream just as he arrived at that bridge and became obsessed with filming that crane and I legit thought i wad going to watch someone die on stream

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Look at this doofus trying to escape on their yacht.

https://twitter.com/havanahistory/status/1575204046847488000?s=20&t=JvpNk3CitoeVmoTPLBmw1g

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
stay safe boat ghost

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

jeff grinning out his car window in the eyewall of a cat 4 hurricane side by side on my monitor with houses literally floating out to sea a few miles away - it's the perfect illustration of why you don't really need to worry about winds that much if you want to ride out a storm, but should never ever gently caress around with storm surge.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Jesus christ, it looks like the eye wall is going to push straight up through Charlotte bay :stare:

https://twitter.com/danielchaitin7/status/1575206038709882880

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 28, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

also, these streams are bringing back memories. i've lived in coastal FL all my life, except for a few college years. my parents never evacuate for storms, and i remember when i was 15 or 16 and had just gotten my driving permit, a storm came through and a mandatory evac was ordered for our area. of course we stayed, and they took me out driving while the roads were empty.

it wasn't as bad as the jeff stream, i think we only ended up getting tropical storm conditions from it and not a direct hit, but the roads were empty and it was blowing like crazy with tree limbs and down in the road and stuff. don't think i had to drive over any power lines at least. can't remember the storm, might've been Floyd?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/US_Stormwatch/status/1575194411104817152

doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

That video has been around for like, 12 years.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

zedprime posted:

My Mom and Brother finally left Port Charlotte after the weather guy reminded them it's hard to hold onto the roof during storm surge when you're also in a cat 4 hurricane.

I've had this stream open for about 4 hours, I have no idea how it's still operational

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/florida/portcharlotte/?cam=englewoodbeach

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

currently goin through it in bradenton, stay safe hurricane goons

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
Could have been Floyd. We had just moved to Florida that summer and we evacuated up to Pensacola. My parents hadn't gotten shutters for the house yet, but it was a strong Cat 4 and it was forecast to hit us dead on. I remember leaving the house and we had our dog, a lot of photo albums, the important documents folder, and some of our toys in the car. My parents told me they lingered for a bit, not knowing whether they would come back to a house or just the foundation. It was definitely a scary time, but thankfully it missed us. I rode out Frances, Jeanne, and Wilma though and that was enough for me.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

One of the chasers said two of those cranes went down. No video yet.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The guy escaping in his boat is hilarious, peak Florida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

smoobles posted:

The guy escaping in his boat is hilarious, peak Florida